Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/22/2017 4:27:20 PM EDT
Guys.... it's another email Firemission. This time to all the State Senators and Representatives in Florida. There are a total of three emails to send out.

Email to FL House Republicans

SUBJECT: The 2nd Amendment and the 2017 Legislative Session 

TO: [email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected]

As a member of the Florida House of Representatives. You have been entrusted with tremendous powers and responsibilities. As members of the Florida Republican Party you have stated to your constituency that you believe in these simple things. 

1.      That you will promote and protect Liberty, True Equality, Freedom, and Prosperity. 
2.      That you will protect and defend the Constitutional Rights and Civil Liberties of the People that make up the Great State of Florida. 

You have been entrusted with the ability to create law. Your actions shape the ways our State and our People live their lives. Then why is it as Republicans, we cannot pass pro 2nd Amendment Legislation and get it signed into law? Our wonderful State has been under Florida Republican control since 1996 and yet when it comes to the 2nd Amendment we’re clumped together with states like New York, New Jersey, and California. Since 2011, Florida Republicans in the House and Senate have blocked the passage of pro 2nd Amendment Bills. 

Alabama is on the cusp of Constitutional Carry and Georgia is too. Both States that border our own have both Open Carry and Campus Carry. Yet we are one of the few states that have neither. Forty five states have Open Carry. FORTY FIVE STATES. 

Even Vermont, the home State of Bernie Sanders has Constitutional Carry. What's that you might ask? It is the permit-less carry of firearms for self defense. Both openly and concealed. The People don't need a government permission slip to exercise their 2nd Amendment Rights. And that is done in the home state of Bernie Sanders yet we here in Florida are barred from exercising those same freedoms. 

Today (Feb 22, 2017) New Hampshire signed into law Constitutional Carry. North Dakota is currently in the process of passing Constitutional Carry also. Their House of Representatives just passed their bill today. 

So far 12 States have Constitutional Carry. Alaska, Arizona, Idaho, Kansas, Maine, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Vermont, Wyoming, West Virginia, and now New Hampshire. 

Indiana, Kentucky, Minnesota, North Dakota and South Dakota have Constitutional Carry Bills currently proceeding through their legislative bodies and they’ve had Open Carry and Campus Carry as law for years too. 

We Floridians aren’t even asking Constitutional Carry. We’re asking for Permitted Open Carry and Campus Carry along with the removal of Gun Free Zones. 

I and my fellow Floridians and Republicans are asking you to correct the injustices that we have to live with. 

* In 2016, it was Sen. Miguel Diaz de la Portilla that blocked any chance of Campus Carry or Open Carry from reaching a floor vote by blocking it in committee. 

* If you recall. In November of 2014; there was an active shooter attack at the Strozier Library at Florida State University. One of the FSU Students injured by the crazed attacker was a legally licensed conceal carry permit holder but was disarmed by State Law which bans anyone from carrying on campus. What's worse is that our fellow Floridians could have been legally armed if earlier that year the same type of bill as today was not gutted by a Senate Republican. Three FSU students were injured because of such a cowardly act in the Florida Senate. One of them could have actually saved his fellow students. 

* In 2014's Session, it was Sen. Charles McBurney; Republican of course that blocked SB-344 in the Senate via committee. 

* In 2011, it was Sen. Ellyn Bogdanoff that prevent FSU students from being able to be legally armed. She removed any and all mention of Campus Carry and Open Carry from SB-234 by an amendment that was then voted and passed by fellow Republicans. 

Our Party claims to be the one that protects the 2nd Amendment yet time after time, they have been the ones that kill our rights. This is unacceptable. I bring this to your attention because their actions affect you and I as Republicans and Floridians. If the GOP claims to be a Party that defends the 2nd Amendment, protects the right to self defense, and claims to be the true Party that is for the equality and freedom of for all including women and minorities. Then they need to pass Campus Carry and Open Carry. 

Open Carry ties into this because women are hindered by societal standards on dress. It is much harder for a woman to conceal a firearm on their body. Usually they have to resort to off body carry via a purse. This in of itself is a problem and then you have the issue with the restrictions placed by banning Campus Carry. 

In 2016, Ms. Lopez-Rivas wrote this letter to then Sen. Miguel Diaz de la Portilla. Ms. Lopez-Rivas at the time was an undergraduate student at Florida State University and a Rape Victim. 

"I am typing this letter from a Starbucks in Tallahassee, where I am situationally aware, trained, and well armed. Although I do not expect anything drastic to happen today, I am still prepared if something does go down—either to get the heck out and dodge, or tackle whatever happens head on, and I am prepared to do so with deadly force if needed. Although I now maintain great situational awareness everywhere I go and have self defense training in disarming, and in fighting off, an attacker, there are times where I am legally left without the tool that could best level the playing field in protecting me—my gun. 

Currently under Florida law, I am not allowed to carry on my campus, Florida State University. On my campus that reported 17 sexual assaults in 2014; on my campus that uses maybe 10 uniformed officers at any given point in time to protect the whole campus; on my campus that refuses to back campus carry as a way for women to legitimately protect themselves from assault; and on my campus which claims sovereign immunity when they are unable to protect these women: I am told I am safe and I do not need a gun. 

While President Thrasher and university officials would have you believe that I am not defenseless, and even, that I am safe on campus, I would beg to differ. I already used pepper spray once; do you want to know how that ended for me? I was left shaking and crying, half naked on campus grounds, with cut marks all over my body. That's what pepper spray did for me.As a gun rights activist, I can write all day about our Second Amendment rights. I will throw down statistics like how 0.1 percent of rapes were completed when women used a firearm as compared to a 34 percent completion rate when women used any other form of self-defense. Or how with the exception of two, all the mass shootings since the 1950's have been in gun free zones. Stats are easy to discuss, but when it comes to talking about being raped, my throat gets dry and my hands freeze up. It's a lot harder to write about nightmares than it is to write about numbers. 

And I do have nightmares from being raped on campus. Sometimes they are so bad I wake up at three in the morning sweaty and terrified because in my mind I am being raped again. In my mind I am there: I am forced into a secluded area, forced to unzip my pants, forced to lay down as tiny cuts are made all over my body and a man I do not know rolls on a condom and forces himself on top of me. I remember how cold the asphalt felt as I distracted myself from the sting of the knife. I remember looking into his eyes and realizing there was no emotion behind them, no sympathy just sadism. And I remember thinking: this is how I'm going to die and then getting up after it was done, tears streaming down my face and neck wondering how I even survived. 

I was already raped once off campus my freshman year of college, but this time I used pepper spray. This time I ran, heading for those blue lights staggered around campus to signal the police I was in danger. I did everything right but when he pulled a knife I stopped fighting. Instinct told me to cooperate if I didn't want to get stabbed to death, and here I am today—sitting at Starbucks, simultaneously trying to remember the exact details and forget this ever happened. 

I fight for my Second Amendment rights because I believe I should never have a chance of getting raped again. I won't deny the possibility of getting injured, but my gun gives me a chance that pepper spray, stun guns, and pocketknives never will. It prevents a knife being held at my throat and the voice of a stranger promising me he won't kill me. And I won't be denied the right to have that chance of surviving a potential attack rather than being assaulted again. 

Sen. Diaz de la Portilla, why are you so adamant in denying me my right to protect myself and have a gun on campus? Why have you not schedule the campus carry bill for the Senate Judiciary Committee you chair? Why have you not met with me for 15 minutes since October when I began sending you and your legislative assistant weekly emails asking for an appointment? 

I hope this open letter will engage opposition to campus carry. I hope everyone will understand why it's so important that the bill be scheduled for a vote. Senator Diaz de la Portilla: Don't let me be raped on campus again, let me arm myself, and whether you vote yes or no, at least schedule the campus carry bill for a vote." 

In February of 2012; Mr. Dale Norman was arrested by Fort Pierce Police for legally carrying a pistol. Mr. Norman was abiding by State Law by concealing his pistol while carrying under the authority of his State Issued Conceal Carry Weapons Permit. Mr. Norman's shirt rode up and briefly exposed the bottom of his holster. Once again; Mr. Norman, a law abiding was simply walking along the side walk and was arrested at gun point and forced to the ground simply for exercising his rights. Mr. Norman is currently fighting for his civil rights in the Florida Supreme Court. 

Mr. Dale Norman by the way is an African American and a law abiding citizen. Floridians that happen to be of Minority Communities are also harmed by the failure of our legislative body to pass pro 2nd Amendment bills. Because of Sen. Ellyn Bogdanoff’s actions in 2011; Mr. Dale Norman now has an arrest record and his fighting for his Constitutional Rights. 

I as a Floridian and a Republican ask that you support the passage of the following bills. 

* THREATENING VIOLENCE ( SB 88 , from Sen. Steube, R): Would criminalize the act of threatening to use a firearm in a violent manner, under penalty of committing a second-degree felony. 

* STAND YOUR GROUND ( SB 128 from Sen. Bradley, R / HB 245 from Reps. Payne, R, and Rep. Fischer, R): Would shift the burden of proof in a criminal case where a defendant claims immunity under Florida's “Stand Your Ground” law by requiring the prosecutor, not the defendant, to prove at a pre-trial hearing why the defendant shouldn't be granted immunity from prosecution. In the amended Senate version, if the self-defense claim is unsuccessful, evidence presented at the pre-trial hearing would be inadmissible at trial. 

* DECRIMINALIZES "TEMPORARY AND OPEN DISPLAY" ( SB 646 , from Sen. Steube, R): Providing that a person licensed to carry a concealed weapon or firearm who is lawfully carrying a firearm does not violate certain provisions if the firearm is temporarily and openly displayed; authorizing each member of the Florida Cabinet to carry a concealed weapon or firearm if he or she is licensed to carry a concealed weapon or firearm and does not have full-time security provided by the Department of Law Enforcement, etc. 

* OPEN CARRY ( SB 644 , Sen. Steube, R): Would allow for the open carrying of handguns by the state's 1.7 million concealed weapons permit-holders and would allow those permit-holders to carry guns in elementary and secondary schools, public college and university campuses, airport passenger terminals, legislative meetings, meetings of municipal, county, school or special district boards, and career centers. 

* GUN BAN LIABILITY ( SB 610 , Sen. Steube, R): Would make a private “business, organization, or entity” that bans concealed weapons liable for any injury or damage caused by a person or animal, if the incident “could reasonably have been prevented” had the permit-holder not been required to be disarmed. 

* GUNS IN COURTHOUSES ( SB 616 , Sen. Steube, R): Would allow concealed weapons permit-holders to carry guns in to courthouses and temporarily surrender and store the gun at a security checkpoint. 

* GUNS IN AIRPORTS ( SB 618 from Sen. Steube, R / HB 6001 from Rep. Jake Raburn, R): Would lift a current ban and allow concealed weapons permit-holders to carry guns in passenger terminals and non-“sterile” areas of airports, which are locations outside of security checkpoints. 

* GUNS IN LEGISLATIVE MEETINGS ( SB 620 , from Sen. Steube, R): Would lift a current ban and allow concealed weapons permit-holders to carry guns in meetings of the Legislature, which include formal sessions and committee hearings. 

* GUNS ON CAMPUS ( SB 622 from Sen. Steube, R / HB 6005 , from Rep. Plakon, R): Would lift a current ban and allow concealed weapons permit-holders to carry guns on public college and university campuses. [Steube's version is different in that it also clarifies guns would still be banned from any K-12, college or university athletic event “not related to firearms.”] 

* GUNS IN GOVERNMENT MEETINGS ( SB 626 , from Sen. Steube, R): Would lift a current ban and allow concealed weapons permit-holders to carry guns in meetings of any municipality, county, school district or special district. 

* GUNS IN CAREER CENTERS ( SB 640 , from Sen. Steube, R): Would lift a current ban and allow concealed weapons permit-holders to carry guns in career centers. 

* POLICE WAITING PERIOD EXEMPTION ( HJR 291 , from Reps. Hahnfeldt, R, Rand Rep. Asencio, D): Proposes a constitutional amendment to exempt law enforcement officers from the mandatory three-day waiting period for purchasing handguns. [Constitutional amendments must be approved by three-fifths of both the House and Senate — 72 members in the House and 24 in the Senate — in order to be placed on a ballot, and then 60-percent approval from voters is required for the measure to become law.] 

* END OF GUN FREE ZONES ( Senate Bill 908 from Sen. Baxley, R/ House Bill 803 from Rep. Hahnfeldt, R) The end of gun free zones that strip the rights the of public from being able to defend themselves in legally accessible spaces. 

Sincerely,

Email to Florida Senate Republicans 

SUBJECT: The 2nd Amendment and the 2017 Legislative Session 

TO: [email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected] 

As a member of the Florida Senate. You have been entrusted with tremendous powers and responsibilities. As members of the Florida Republican Party you have stated to your constituency that you believe in these simple things.  

1.      That you will promote and protect Liberty, True Equality, Freedom, and Prosperity.  
2.      That you will protect and defend the Constitutional Rights and Civil Liberties of the People that make up the Great State of Florida.  

You have been entrusted with the ability to create law. Your actions shape the ways our State and our People live their lives. Then why is it as Republicans, we cannot pass pro 2nd Amendment Legislation and get it signed into law? Our wonderful State has been under Florida Republican control since 1996 and yet when it comes to the 2nd Amendment we’re clumped together with states like New York, New Jersey, and California. Since 2011, Florida Republicans in the House and Senate have blocked the passage of pro 2nd Amendment Bills.  

Alabama is on the cusp of Constitutional Carry and Georgia is too. Both States that border our own have both Open Carry and Campus Carry. Yet we are one of the few states that have neither. Forty five states have Open Carry. FORTY FIVE STATES.  

Even Vermont, the home State of Bernie Sanders has Constitutional Carry. What's that you might ask? It is the permit-less carry of firearms for self defense. Both openly and concealed. The People don't need a government permission slip to exercise their 2nd Amendment Rights. And that is done in the home state of Bernie Sanders yet we here in Florida are barred from exercising those same freedoms.  

Today (Feb 22, 2017) New Hampshire signed into law Constitutional Carry. North Dakota is currently in the process of passing Constitutional Carry also. Their House of Representatives just passed their bill today.  

So far 12 States have Constitutional Carry. Alaska, Arizona, Idaho, Kansas, Maine, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Vermont, Wyoming, West Virginia, and now New Hampshire.  

Indiana, Kentucky, Minnesota, North Dakota and South Dakota have Constitutional Carry Bills currently proceeding through their legislative bodies and they’ve had Open Carry and Campus Carry as law for years too.  

We Floridians aren’t even asking Constitutional Carry. We’re asking for Permitted Open Carry and Campus Carry along with the removal of Gun Free Zones.  

I and my fellow Floridians and Republicans are asking you to correct the injustices that we have to live with.  

* In 2016, it was Sen. Miguel Diaz de la Portilla that blocked any chance of Campus Carry or Open Carry from reaching a floor vote by blocking it in committee.  

* If you recall. In November of 2014; there was an active shooter attack at the Strozier Library at Florida State University. One of the FSU Students injured by the crazed attacker was a legally licensed conceal carry permit holder but was disarmed by State Law which bans anyone from carrying on campus. What's worse is that our fellow Floridians could have been legally armed if earlier that year the same type of bill as today was not gutted by a Senate Republican. Three FSU students were injured because of such a cowardly act in the Florida Senate. One of them could have actually saved his fellow students.  

* In 2014's Session, it was Sen. Charles McBurney; Republican of course that blocked SB-344 in the Senate via committee.  

* In 2011, it was Sen. Ellyn Bogdanoff that prevent FSU students from being able to be legally armed. She removed any and all mention of Campus Carry and Open Carry from SB-234 by an amendment that was then voted and passed by fellow Republicans.  

Our Party claims to be the one that protects the 2nd Amendment yet time after time, they have been the ones that kill our rights. This is unacceptable. I bring this to your attention because their actions affect you and I as Republicans and Floridians. If the GOP claims to be a Party that defends the 2nd Amendment, protects the right to self defense, and claims to be the true Party that is for the equality and freedom of for all including women and minorities. Then they need to pass Campus Carry and Open Carry.  

Open Carry ties into this because women are hindered by societal standards on dress. It is much harder for a woman to conceal a firearm on their body. Usually they have to resort to off body carry via a purse. This in of itself is a problem and then you have the issue with the restrictions placed by banning Campus Carry.  

In 2016, Ms. Lopez-Rivas wrote this letter to then Sen. Miguel Diaz de la Portilla. Ms. Lopez-Rivas at the time was an undergraduate student at Florida State University and a Rape Victim.  

"I am typing this letter from a Starbucks in Tallahassee, where I am situationally aware, trained, and well armed. Although I do not expect anything drastic to happen today, I am still prepared if something does go down—either to get the heck out and dodge, or tackle whatever happens head on, and I am prepared to do so with deadly force if needed. Although I now maintain great situational awareness everywhere I go and have self defense training in disarming, and in fighting off, an attacker, there are times where I am legally left without the tool that could best level the playing field in protecting me—my gun.  

Currently under Florida law, I am not allowed to carry on my campus, Florida State University. On my campus that reported 17 sexual assaults in 2014; on my campus that uses maybe 10 uniformed officers at any given point in time to protect the whole campus; on my campus that refuses to back campus carry as a way for women to legitimately protect themselves from assault; and on my campus which claims sovereign immunity when they are unable to protect these women: I am told I am safe and I do not need a gun.  

While President Thrasher and university officials would have you believe that I am not defenseless, and even, that I am safe on campus, I would beg to differ. I already used pepper spray once; do you want to know how that ended for me? I was left shaking and crying, half naked on campus grounds, with cut marks all over my body. That's what pepper spray did for me.As a gun rights activist, I can write all day about our Second Amendment rights. I will throw down statistics like how 0.1 percent of rapes were completed when women used a firearm as compared to a 34 percent completion rate when women used any other form of self-defense. Or how with the exception of two, all the mass shootings since the 1950's have been in gun free zones. Stats are easy to discuss, but when it comes to talking about being raped, my throat gets dry and my hands freeze up. It's a lot harder to write about nightmares than it is to write about numbers.  

And I do have nightmares from being raped on campus. Sometimes they are so bad I wake up at three in the morning sweaty and terrified because in my mind I am being raped again. In my mind I am there: I am forced into a secluded area, forced to unzip my pants, forced to lay down as tiny cuts are made all over my body and a man I do not know rolls on a condom and forces himself on top of me. I remember how cold the asphalt felt as I distracted myself from the sting of the knife. I remember looking into his eyes and realizing there was no emotion behind them, no sympathy just sadism. And I remember thinking: this is how I'm going to die and then getting up after it was done, tears streaming down my face and neck wondering how I even survived.  

I was already raped once off campus my freshman year of college, but this time I used pepper spray. This time I ran, heading for those blue lights staggered around campus to signal the police I was in danger. I did everything right but when he pulled a knife I stopped fighting. Instinct told me to cooperate if I didn't want to get stabbed to death, and here I am today—sitting at Starbucks, simultaneously trying to remember the exact details and forget this ever happened.  

I fight for my Second Amendment rights because I believe I should never have a chance of getting raped again. I won't deny the possibility of getting injured, but my gun gives me a chance that pepper spray, stun guns, and pocketknives never will. It prevents a knife being held at my throat and the voice of a stranger promising me he won't kill me. And I won't be denied the right to have that chance of surviving a potential attack rather than being assaulted again.  

Sen. Diaz de la Portilla, why are you so adamant in denying me my right to protect myself and have a gun on campus? Why have you not schedule the campus carry bill for the Senate Judiciary Committee you chair? Why have you not met with me for 15 minutes since October when I began sending you and your legislative assistant weekly emails asking for an appointment?  

I hope this open letter will engage opposition to campus carry. I hope everyone will understand why it's so important that the bill be scheduled for a vote. Senator Diaz de la Portilla: Don't let me be raped on campus again, let me arm myself, and whether you vote yes or no, at least schedule the campus carry bill for a vote."  

In February of 2012; Mr. Dale Norman was arrested by Fort Pierce Police for legally carrying a pistol. Mr. Norman was abiding by State Law by concealing his pistol while carrying under the authority of his State Issued Conceal Carry Weapons Permit. Mr. Norman's shirt rode up and briefly exposed the bottom of his holster. Once again; Mr. Norman, a law abiding was simply walking along the side walk and was arrested at gun point and forced to the ground simply for exercising his rights. Mr. Norman is currently fighting for his civil rights in the Florida Supreme Court.  

Mr. Dale Norman by the way is an African American and a law abiding citizen. Floridians that happen to be of Minority Communities are also harmed by the failure of our legislative body to pass pro 2nd Amendment bills. Because of Sen. Ellyn Bogdanoff’s actions in 2011; Mr. Dale Norman now has an arrest record and his fighting for his Constitutional Rights.  

I as a Floridian and a Republican ask that you support the passage of the following bills.  

* THREATENING VIOLENCE ( SB 88 , from Sen. Steube, R): Would criminalize the act of threatening to use a firearm in a violent manner, under penalty of committing a second-degree felony.  

* STAND YOUR GROUND ( SB 128 from Sen. Bradley, R / HB 245 from Reps. Payne, R, and Rep. Fischer, R): Would shift the burden of proof in a criminal case where a defendant claims immunity under Florida's “Stand Your Ground” law by requiring the prosecutor, not the defendant, to prove at a pre-trial hearing why the defendant shouldn't be granted immunity from prosecution. In the amended Senate version, if the self-defense claim is unsuccessful, evidence presented at the pre-trial hearing would be inadmissible at trial.  

* DECRIMINALIZES "TEMPORARY AND OPEN DISPLAY" ( SB 646 , from Sen. Steube, R): Providing that a person licensed to carry a concealed weapon or firearm who is lawfully carrying a firearm does not violate certain provisions if the firearm is temporarily and openly displayed; authorizing each member of the Florida Cabinet to carry a concealed weapon or firearm if he or she is licensed to carry a concealed weapon or firearm and does not have full-time security provided by the Department of Law Enforcement, etc.  

* OPEN CARRY ( SB 644 , Sen. Steube, R): Would allow for the open carrying of handguns by the state's 1.7 million concealed weapons permit-holders and would allow those permit-holders to carry guns in elementary and secondary schools, public college and university campuses, airport passenger terminals, legislative meetings, meetings of municipal, county, school or special district boards, and career centers.  

* GUN BAN LIABILITY ( SB 610 , Sen. Steube, R): Would make a private “business, organization, or entity” that bans concealed weapons liable for any injury or damage caused by a person or animal, if the incident “could reasonably have been prevented” had the permit-holder not been required to be disarmed.  

* GUNS IN COURTHOUSES ( SB 616 , Sen. Steube, R): Would allow concealed weapons permit-holders to carry guns in to courthouses and temporarily surrender and store the gun at a security checkpoint.  

* GUNS IN AIRPORTS ( SB 618 from Sen. Steube, R / HB 6001 from Rep. Jake Raburn, R): Would lift a current ban and allow concealed weapons permit-holders to carry guns in passenger terminals and non-“sterile” areas of airports, which are locations outside of security checkpoints.  

* GUNS IN LEGISLATIVE MEETINGS ( SB 620 , from Sen. Steube, R): Would lift a current ban and allow concealed weapons permit-holders to carry guns in meetings of the Legislature, which include formal sessions and committee hearings.  

* GUNS ON CAMPUS ( SB 622 from Sen. Steube, R / HB 6005 , from Rep. Plakon, R): Would lift a current ban and allow concealed weapons permit-holders to carry guns on public college and university campuses. [Steube's version is different in that it also clarifies guns would still be banned from any K-12, college or university athletic event “not related to firearms.”]  

* GUNS IN GOVERNMENT MEETINGS ( SB 626 , from Sen. Steube, R): Would lift a current ban and allow concealed weapons permit-holders to carry guns in meetings of any municipality, county, school district or special district.  

* GUNS IN CAREER CENTERS ( SB 640 , from Sen. Steube, R): Would lift a current ban and allow concealed weapons permit-holders to carry guns in career centers.  

* POLICE WAITING PERIOD EXEMPTION ( HJR 291 , from Reps. Hahnfeldt, R, Rand Rep. Asencio, D): Proposes a constitutional amendment to exempt law enforcement officers from the mandatory three-day waiting period for purchasing handguns. [Constitutional amendments must be approved by three-fifths of both the House and Senate — 72 members in the House and 24 in the Senate — in order to be placed on a ballot, and then 60-percent approval from voters is required for the measure to become law.]  

* END OF GUN FREE ZONES ( Senate Bill 908 from Sen. Baxley, R/ House Bill 803 from Rep. Hahnfeldt, R) The end of gun free zones that strip the rights the of public from being able to defend themselves in legally accessible spaces.  

Sincerely, 

This email is straight to the FL GOP Party Members an to all of the House and Senate GOP members are CC'ed on it so they can see that we mean to cut off party support to them if they don't help in passing these bills. 

Email to FL GOP Party Members

SUBJECT: The FL GOP and the 2017 Legislative Session 

TO: [email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected]’ [email protected];[email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected];[email protected][email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected];[email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected];[email protected]

CC: [email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected]

Since 1996, the State of Florida has been under FL GOP control. Yet we are still grouped together with States like California, New York, and New Jersey when it comes to the 2nd Amendment and how that right is exercised. 

Why is it that Florida under GOP control cannot pass pro 2nd Amendment Legislation? Why must we as Floridians and Americans have our rights restricted and stuck in the past? Since 2011, Florida Republicans in the House and Senate have blocked the passage of pro 2nd Amendment Bills. 

So far 12 States have Constitutional Carry. Alaska, Arizona, Idaho, Kansas, Maine, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Vermont, Wyoming, West Virginia, and now New Hampshire. Indiana, Kentucky, Minnesota, North Dakota and South Dakota have Constitutional Carry Bills currently proceeding through their legislative bodies. 

The role of the County Level Party and its committee members are to voice the issues the base of Republican Party have with the party itself. What can you? Contact the Governor's Office, contact the Senate President's Office, contact the Speaker of the House's Office, and contact State Level Party Officials in Tallahassee. Push the point that we the people and base of the party are tired of being left in the back of the civil rights movements towards self defense. If the GOP is the Party of Liberty, Freedom, Constitutionalism, and true Equality then why is our party preventing the passage of true pro 2nd Amendment Legislation? 

I ask that you help push this issue at every GOP function. At every meeting with elected officials. Make sure that if our Republican Members in the Legislature want party support then they need to actually do work that expands the rights and liberties the party professes to support and protect. If not, then we as Party members will withdraw our support from them and if we must the Party itself. Our Votes and Dollars will no longer go and support those that wish to restrict our rights. 

Have the FL GOP voice support for the following bills in the House and Senate. 

Link Posted: 2/22/2017 4:47:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 5:43:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Sent.

Those are very nice letters.

ETA I sent them from my school email account.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 5:48:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Thanks
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 5:52:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Sent.

Those are very nice letters.

ETA I sent them from my school email account.
View Quote
Thanks, the 3rd email is really important. Even though the majority of the FL GOP Committee members don't give a ahit about the 2nd Amendmemt. It is important because every Senator and Representative knows who they are. By being CC'ed on the email they see that we'll go after the party itself. It adds a nice bit of "oh shit" to them since 2018 is an election year.

The Committee Members across the State hate us for the most part. But keep it up. It does work.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 5:53:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Sent
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 5:59:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Sent
View Quote
Thanks.... I know we've bumped heads. But trust me.... we need to push hard this year.

Session starts March 7
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 6:00:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Thanks, the 3rd email is really important. Even though the majority of the FL GOP Committee members don't give a ahit about the 2nd Amendmemt. It is important because every Senator and Representative knows who they are. By being CC'ed on the email they see that we'll go after the party itself. It adds a nice bit of "oh shit" to them since 2018 is an election year.

The Committee Members across the State hate us for the most part. But keep it up. It does work.
View Quote

I got a response back from one person: Kay Durden <[email protected]>

I've received this over 5 times!!! I got it, please stop!!!

Keep sending it to them.

ETA She is on the 3rd letter
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 6:02:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
I follow your lead but the explanations help. I'm not the most politically savvy in the world.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 6:03:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Keep sending it to them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Keep sending it to them.

Pinellas County Committee Member Nancy Riley stated the following:

I am blocking anyone who sends me one more of these emails....disgusting.

[email protected]

Keep 'em coming!
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 6:05:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

[email protected] 'em coming!
View Quote

My response back to Kay: I will stop when the legislature starts taking their job seriously and respects the 2nd amendment rights of Floridians. We have had our rights infringed and we are sick of it.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 6:05:30 PM EDT
[#11]
double tap
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 6:06:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I follow your lead but the explanations help. I'm not the most politically savvy in the world.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is all about pressuring the elected officials now. The fact that they would be CC'ed on a bunch of emails telling the party itself that the party either needs to support the Second Amendment or the party is done. It really wakes them up. 
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 6:08:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
My response back to Kay: I will stop when the legislature starts taking their job seriously and respects the 2nd amendment rights of Floridians. We have had our rights infringed and we are sick of it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would also tell Kay that as a Committee Member within the Florida Republican party it is your role and job to voice the issues that core base of the party have with the party itself in Tallahassee. Either you do your job or I will run for your seat when it comes up.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 6:13:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I would also tell Kay that as a Committee Member within the Florida Republican party it is your role and job to voice the issues that core base of the party have with the party itself in Tallahassee. Either you do your job or I will run for your seat when it comes up.
View Quote

Sent her that too. Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 6:27:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am fucking tired of playing games with the Florida Republican Party. Much like the Cucks in Washington DC that are not getting on board the Trump Train. We have them in our State. They need to come to an understanding that the reason why they are winning is not because their positions are valid it is that we the voting base are sick and tired of the games being played. We voted in it Donald Trump and we will sure as shit vote someone in on the state level to do the same thing that he is.
What is that you might ask? Fix the fuck ups and get rid of the dead weight.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 6:33:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I am fucking tired of playing games with the Florida Republican Party. Much like the Cucks in Washington DC that are not getting on board the Trump Train. We have them in our State. They need to come to an understanding that the reason why they are winning is not because their positions are valid it is that we the voting base are sick and tired of the games being played. We voted in it Donald Trump and we will sure as shit vote someone in on the state level to do the same thing that he is.
What is that you might ask? Fix the fuck ups and get rid of the dead weight.
View Quote

Amen to that!
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 6:51:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Amen to that!
View Quote
Fuck the Amen.... lets rip 'em a new one and win this time.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 7:04:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Bump to the top
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 7:14:13 PM EDT
[#19]
I sent this link to some pro 2a people on social media.  If we could get a few thousand people hammering these people we cold get something done.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 7:25:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I sent this link to some pro 2a people on social media.  If we could get a few thousand people hammering these people we cold get something done.
View Quote
Thanks
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 7:31:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Hit!
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 7:38:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Hit!
View Quote
Thanks
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 7:42:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/22/2017 7:53:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Emails Sent!

David
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 7:58:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

¡Coño!
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 8:27:40 PM EDT
[#26]
bump to the top for guys and gals getting home. 
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 8:30:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Done.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 8:32:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Done.
View Quote
Thank you brother.....

By the way... we need to meet up for beers one day and swap stories of misery and why we should have been fire fighters instead. 
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 8:33:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

It is all about pressuring the elected officials now. The fact that they would be CC'ed on a bunch of emails telling the party itself that the party either needs to support the Second Amendment or the party is done. It really wakes them up. 
View Quote
Feels like if not now, then wtf?
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 8:39:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Feels like if not now, then wtf?
View Quote
We need to ride the wave that was the Trump Election. The FL GOP needs to understand that the Establishment is over and We The People are running the show. Sure, they won down ballot but they won because of our votes and dollars. The FL GOP needs to learn and understand that. The game is over. We're no longer going to blindly follow whatever they say. 

WE GOP NOW. 
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 8:56:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 8:58:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
I ain't celebrating yet. We don't have a State Party and Legislative Body that wants to actually reduce government and expand civil rights nor do we have a Congress that wants to do the same thing and work with President Trump. 
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 9:00:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Sent; and THANKS for all your hard work.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 9:04:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Sent; and THANKS for all your hard work.
View Quote
Don't thank me.... I'm just one guy. 

I wish I had the time this year to rally us together to do a empty holster protest at the Capitol during session. But alas.... I don't. I'll be out of town during the second half of March do to personal matters. 
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 9:44:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Bump back to the first page.

Send the letters guys.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:05:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Bump back to the first page.

Send the letters guys.
View Quote
Thanks again
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:23:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Anybody else heard back from Kay? LOL
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:30:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Anybody else heard back from Kay? LOL
View Quote
I don't think Nancy will reply either. 
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:37:58 PM EDT
[#39]
Done & bump
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 11:22:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Mary Ann Russell wants to be taken off our mailing list, fellas.

Link Posted: 2/23/2017 1:00:02 AM EDT
[#41]
Brand new day bump!
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 6:52:02 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

http://i66.tinypic.com/apbmkw.png
View Quote

Ahhhhh, No.

Bump. Get out your electronic pencils guys.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 7:04:18 AM EDT
[#43]
6am Bump
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 7:27:10 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
Gee Mary Ann.... I'd love to but you see you're actually in a duly elected seat in the FL Republican Party. When you ran for that seat and won and were sworn in; you did so on the understanding that you are now a public figure and have a job to do.

So suck it up buttercup and do your job or get ready to be replaced.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 7:55:17 AM EDT
[#45]
Thank you to everyone who's been willing to help.

7am bump.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 9:06:59 AM EDT
[#46]
8am bump
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 9:20:53 AM EDT
[#47]
Christine Sutherland asked to be taken off our "list."  She also asked where I got her address lol.    

http://www.florida.gop/collier_county_republican_party
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 9:26:13 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Christine Sutherland asked to be taken off our "list."  She also asked where I got her address lol.    

http://www.florida.gop/collier_county_republican_party
View Quote
They don't want to do their jobs yet they ran for those seats in the party. Those are duly elected positions. They aren't appointed spots but the public actually voted them into office. They campaigned for those seats. Fuck them.

Hammer 'em!
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 9:29:41 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
They don't want to do their jobs yet they ran for those seats in the party. Those are duly elected positions. They aren't appointed spots but the public actually voted them into office. They campaigned for those seats. Fuck them.

Hammer 'em!
View Quote
I let her know.  Do your job, resign, or be replaced. There's a lot of unhappy registered Republicans who are fed up with the games.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 9:32:18 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Gee Mary Ann.... I'd love to but you see you're actually in a duly elected seat in the FL Republican Party. When you ran for that seat and won and were sworn in; you did so on the understanding that you are now a public figure and have a job to do.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i66.tinypic.com/apbmkw.png

Are you feeling an exposé piece on officials that don't want to listen to their constituents?

That's what I'm feeling. What paper/channel will bite?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top