Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 3:20:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Kinda like guys selling M&Ps with boresight stipple jobs and apex triggers for $800...
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 3:45:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Kinda like guys selling M&Ps with boresight stipple jobs and apex triggers for $800...
View Quote

wait.. is this a jab at OP????
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 6:46:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Extras like that on a Glock seem to not maintain their value well at all, so if you stipple, cut your slide, or do any other overhauling, do it for yourself and not for a potential increase in value.

I got a g34 "dragonfly" for $800 last year and a g35 with milled slide, rmr02, suppressor sights, fulcrum trigger, carver mag well, titanium pins, high end holsters, and extra barrel for $700 right before that. Great deals at that price but no telling what the original owner had in that g35.
View Quote

That second seller would have gotten much more parting out that G35. The rmr alone is a $350+ resale optic. Could probably have squeezed a couple hundred out of the other parts and holsters after reinstalling the oem ones.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 6:58:08 AM EDT
[#4]
When they come to their senses (as some must when it doesn't sell), I might scoop up a -Zev on the cheap. However, I would only pony up >1k for a Colt or Dan wesson 1911.

Otherwise, the only glocks that catch my interest is bone stock with night sights and in 10mm flavor.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 7:45:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Gay Glocks . I coined the phrase a long time ago.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 7:52:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Whenever I see a custom gun for sale I assume someone lost a job/divorce. No way you just get "tired" of something you made your own like that.
View Quote

I can see where I person may have decided they'd gone a bit too far and it was easier to sell and start over, especially when you make permanent modifications to the registered part.
And I imagine that sort of person is desperate to get back what they put into it.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 8:03:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Gay Glocks . I coined the phrase a long time ago.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 8:07:09 AM EDT
[#8]
When I see Glocks like that I assume that they wear affliction shirts and drive tuner cars.

ETA: I forgot the flat brimmed baseball cap too.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 8:10:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I recently needed a complete upper slide assembly for a Gen 4-19.  I was astounded at the pricing of the ZEV and zev-like slides. $1000+ just boggles my mind.  Gen 3-19 complete slide assembly and lower parts kit for $497 ?????  A brand new Gen 3 is still $499, right?  

Crazy.

Edit: I almost decided to just buy a complete new gun, keep the slide and sell the rest.  Most of the slides were going for around $400 all day long.  Lucked out and scored mine for $300.  Probably still should have just bought a complete piece and parted out the rest.
View Quote
I want to build one of those 80% Glocks but I am not paying as much for a slide as what the whole pistol costs. 
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 8:17:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Who give a shit what price a man chooses to ask for his item for sale?

Either you're a buyer at that price or you move along and find something that you can afford.

Complaining or ridiculing someone for their price just makes one like a lowlife looking for accommodation from strangers.

Idiots.... indeed, find some self-respect.
View Quote

We found the guy selling the ZEV
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 8:18:22 AM EDT
[#11]
If you're selling a used Glock for more than $700, it damn well better come with a MRDS and a shit-ton of mags, or a blowjob.

Stipple jobs aren't a money-maker. Nobody cares who did it or how much it cost, as stippling is entirely personal preference. Bubba-job stippling is usually a detractor.

I don't particularly care for replacing FCG components on a weapon that I'd carry. All the common reliability problems people have with custom pistols are from hammer/striker springs and lightened parts.

Optic cut slides can be helpful or painful for resale value. If you have a general cutout that uses different mounts, it's worth more than an ATEI cutout made specifically to fit your preferred optic that may or may not fit other optics.

Slide cutouts are gayer than two boys fucking. Lightening the slide to reduce the chance of problems due to adding a MRDS is one thing; adding more points of ingress for debris is not. Lightening the slide so you can use a lighter recoil spring and pud-loaded competition ammo can cause too many problems for me to even consider it.

Fitted barrels... Good, if done correctly. If they're half-assed, then they're more trouble than they're worth. Frankly, match barrels on a duty pistol are about as useful as a 12" dick on a girl. 2" or 3" at 25 yards is more than acceptable from a service pistol, more than that is unnecessary unless you're a competition shooter.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 8:37:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's hilarious. Link to EE thread?
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 8:40:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I searched and couldn't find any of his ads
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 8:51:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
fucking idiots

unless someone can actually convince me that the dollars adequately convert to smiles per fire, increased accuracy, etc.
View Quote

You know that you don't have to buy it right? Or is that the problem, you cant?

Why do you hate freedom so much?
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 8:56:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

every person who posts "with extras" on armslist should be punched in the face

i dont care how much you paid for your wolff springs that you managed to install correctly, your ebay leather holster, your bobo ass kydex holster, etc.

i have yet to meet a pleasant person on armslist (people off of forums have been A+++ though)
View Quote

I have met a lot of perfectly normal people on armslist. Maybe you're an asshole
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 9:01:02 AM EDT
[#16]
I'll never pass up a listing that has "Custom" in the title. Almost always good for a laugh. (My faves are the ones with the DIY stippling that looks like their slow 6 years-old did the work.)
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 9:02:46 AM EDT
[#17]
lol there was a thread last year where me and a few others trolled this dude on Arms list selling a ZEV for $4500.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 9:03:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Glocks. 
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 9:05:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

OP is suprised Glock Owners are Idiots
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
fucking idiots

unless someone can actually convince me that the dollars adequately convert to smiles per fire, increased accuracy, etc.

OP is suprised Glock Owners are Idiots

LOL
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 9:08:08 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
If you're selling a used Glock for more than $700, it damn well better come with a MRDS and a shit-ton of mags, or a blowjob.

Stipple jobs aren't a money-maker. Nobody cares who did it or how much it cost, as stippling is entirely personal preference. Bubba-job stippling is usually a detractor.

I don't particularly care for replacing FCG components on a weapon that I'd carry. All the common reliability problems people have with custom pistols are from hammer/striker springs and lightened parts.

Optic cut slides can be helpful or painful for resale value. If you have a general cutout that uses different mounts, it's worth more than an ATEI cutout made specifically to fit your preferred optic that may or may not fit other optics.

Slide cutouts are gayer than two boys fucking. Lightening the slide to reduce the chance of problems due to adding a MRDS is one thing; adding more points of ingress for debris is not. Lightening the slide so you can use a lighter recoil spring and pud-loaded competition ammo can cause too many problems for me to even consider it.

Fitted barrels... Good, if done correctly. If they're half-assed, then they're more trouble than they're worth. Frankly, match barrels on a duty pistol are about as useful as a 12" dick on a girl. 2" or 3" at 25 yards is more than acceptable from a service pistol, more than that is unnecessary unless you're a competition shooter.
View Quote

Stop with your cisgendered oppressive patriarchy, lots of arfcommers go for that sort of thing nowadays.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 9:08:30 AM EDT
[#21]
Because I can, wanna buy it?

Link Posted: 2/22/2017 9:10:10 AM EDT
[#22]

I'll give you $600 because of the APL
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 9:16:03 AM EDT
[#23]
Yeah, it's always a good idea to permanently alter a poly frame and expect full price out of it at resale.

A "custom" built Glock (even if done well) is a far cry from a equally well built custom M1911 because in the end it's still a Glock.

Not knocking a Glock but that's just the way the gun world works. It would be the same with any poly pistol.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 9:19:26 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Yeah, it's always a good idea to permanently alter a poly frame and expect full price out of it at resale.

A "custom" built Glock (even if done well) is a far cry from a equally well built custom M1911 because in the end it's still a Glock.

Not knocking a Glock but that's just the way the gun world works. It would be the same with any poly pistol.
View Quote

I hear rattle can paint ups the value a bit.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 9:25:06 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't get me started.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 9:35:34 AM EDT
[#26]
It's the glock for mall ninjas, and people with more money than sense.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 9:36:43 AM EDT
[#27]
Or the people that want $500 for a Bubba'd Mosin
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 9:41:20 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 9:42:01 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I'll never pass up a listing that has "Custom" in the title. Almost always good for a laugh. (My faves are the ones with the DIY stippling that looks like their slow 6 years-old did the work.)
View Quote
That's funny, I always pass over  any ad that has custom or rare in the title.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 9:45:05 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

< Removed. -- BB >
View Quote

capitalism
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 9:45:30 AM EDT
[#31]
I love my Zev g17.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 9:47:12 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I laugh at those who fuck up a Glock and then wonder why they can't get more for it.
View Quote

"lnib, $800 firm... no lowballs... i don't need cash and i'm not hurting right now... just testing the waters 2 see what's out there.... gun comes with both stock mags, i had an undercut trigger guard done..."
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 9:49:24 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

"Hey Guys first time on ArmsList ... got  a custom Glock 19 Vicker's addition, have brass sites, comes with one stock mag (only one included with these gLocks). not Vickers' factory gun, i did mods myself - just testing the waters, no low balls, $1000k"
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 9:52:37 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Had a buyer do that to me once a few years ago, left me waiting to meet him after working all day. He sent a text at the meet time saying he was going to be a couple minutes late, never showed up at all and wouldnt reply or answer his phone when I called. Found his facebook page, saved a pic and kept bumping his M4M ad on CL asking for dick pics to be sent to his cellphone current for a couple months afterwards.  
View Quote

Had a buyer do the same thing, said he'd be a little late and never showed. Since I was far from home where we were set to meet I stuck around for a little over an hour, no go.

Messaged me the very next day apologizing, said he lost his phone or whatever but still wanted the stuff. Told him if he wanted them still he could come meet me on my side of town before work, again no call no show.

The little fucker then sends me another message later in the day stating "Let's try again tomorrow buddy." You fucking serious?!

This was off a local FB meet and swap, one of the now private ones. Nice thing about those is you can "investigate" your buyer beforehand, getting an idea of who you'd be meeting. This dude served two tours in Iraq and was honorably discharged from the Marines as a Sergeant. I thought this would have been a done deal, I guess not...
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 9:52:39 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
lol at stock glocks.  Absolutely mediocre in every aspect.
View Quote

That's why shooting one well is a great skill to have.  They're everywhere, they're cheap.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 9:54:24 AM EDT
[#36]

Much serrations, red triggered!, high speedz!
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 9:54:43 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Stop being poor.
View Quote

Stop trying to polish a turd

Zev = poor man's 2011.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 9:55:17 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
never heard of a zev glock
View Quote

You are not the only one.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 9:58:12 AM EDT
[#39]
I buy and modify guns to suit my taste.

I guess I have more money than sense, Im too poor to buy a 2011, and I guess I am a mall ninja.......

Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:05:16 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Zev = poor man's 2011.
View Quote

I can easily afford a 2011, but do not want to add another caliber to the stable.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:11:43 AM EDT
[#41]
Ive shot 2 different Zev glocks and 2 different Agency Arms glocks and they were very nice guns. I would never buy one because I didnt think what I was shooting was worth $3k but if someone with the disposable income wants to buy one go for it. Spending $3k on something doesnt always directly equate to getting $3k worth of tangible goods, there is obviously a "luxury brand" factor like in nearly every other area of consumer good. Take clothing for example, you can buy a $3k designer sweater or a $80 normal sweater, is one physically $2,920 "better" or "worse" than the other? No
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:20:12 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Had a buyer do that to me once a few years ago, left me waiting to meet him after working all day. He sent a text at the meet time saying he was going to be a couple minutes late, never showed up at all and wouldnt reply or answer his phone when I called. Found his facebook page, saved a pic and kept bumping his M4M ad on CL asking for dick pics to be sent to his cellphone current for a couple months afterwards.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had luckily been batting 1000 on Armslist/craigslist-type transactions, until this morning. Finally got stood up by an Armslist seller. Waited 30 minutes at the agreed upon location, called him a bunch of times, fucker never answered and still hasn't called back. Of course, the ad is gone now.

I won't let this one instance discourage me, but man was I ever pissed this morning.

Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:21:47 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I buy and modify guns to suit my taste.

I guess I have more money than sense, Im too poor to buy a 2011, and I guess I am a mall ninja.......
View Quote

You're usually on point, but this is full of nope.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:23:38 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Zev = poor man's 2011.
View Quote

I guess you haven't looked at Zev's prices?  
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:24:59 AM EDT
[#45]

Is there a name for that slide style?  That's the best looking one I've seen so far.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:26:33 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I guess you haven't looked at Zev's prices?  
View Quote

Right, I figured that they were pretty north.  They chose some goldenized glocks to throw in the new John Wick movie that added some bling, but that's exactly what they looked like - some personalized/customized bling factor.

Ok, I can't continue to talk shit until I shoot one and am somehow mystified and won over.  Probably not, but I'll stop here.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:32:44 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I can easily afford a 2011, but do not want to add another caliber to the stable.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Zev = poor man's 2011.

Available in multiple calibers. STI alone offers 4 or 5 different calibers.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:38:24 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:41:20 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
For sale:

1994 Chevy Silverado with 195,000 miles BUT it has been upgraded with new chrome 24" wheels, low profile tires, a full vinyl wrap with flames and titties, pink shag interior, AND a K&N air filter.

Price: Only $25,000 because of the upgrades.
View Quote

[Fry]Take My Money[/Fry]
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:42:21 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
For sale:

1994 Chevy Silverado with 195,000 miles BUT it has been upgraded with new chrome 24" wheels, low profile tires, a full vinyl wrap with flames and titties, pink shag interior, AND a K&N air filter.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Stop being poor.
For sale:

<shut up and take travon's dad's lawsuit settlement money>
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top