Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2017 4:25:01 PM EDT
My wife is converting from a 2" snubby .38spl to a glock.  We are shooting as much as possible for practice,  a couple times a month and some dry practice at home.

She wants to take a handgun class but for some reason, is embarrassed to take the class till she's better at it.

the transition from a revolver to a semi auto is requiring some practice. She's OK at it but she's not very smooth and she wants to do more draw and shoot practice.  it takes her a long time to manipulate the weapon sometimes as she's having to think through every step and not very instinctive yet.

I was thinking a realistic airsoft with mags and recoil would be good for her to practice with at home, since she can do it in the garage or backyard.

is this a good idea or bad idea to supplement her practice and get her more familiar with the different manipulation of the semi vs the revolver using a realistic airsoft for some of her practice?

any good quality ones that are similar in weight and handling to her real glock?

and cause rules.....
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 4:26:58 PM EDT
[#1]
They don't make a  lot of airsoft glock models. Glock is a real douchebag when it comes to airsoft.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 4:29:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They don't make a  lot of airsoft glock models. Glock is a real douchebag when it comes to airsoft.
View Quote

Did this change recently? A number of years ago Glock Airsoft was EVERYWHERE.

ETA: Wow, apparently you can't get a "Glock" airsoft gun anymore...That's insane. I had an absolutely gorgeous KWA G19 back in the day. I shouldn't have sold it, looks like it would've been worth a small fortune.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 4:33:44 PM EDT
[#3]
She's cute. Blade tech inert training barrels maybe? I have a couple.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 4:36:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
She's cute. Blade tech inert training barrels maybe? I have a couple.
View Quote

she's actually wanting to draw and shoot.  I think she's envisioning a whole back yard shooting range thing.  

she can just draw and mag change empty, but for some reason she wants to draw and shoot at the target and do some drills....

I was thinking simunitions or something but then I'd go bankrupt.....
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 4:39:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 4:40:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

ETA: Wow, apparently you can't get a "Glock" airsoft gun anymore...That's insane. I had an absolutely gorgeous KWA G19 back in the day. I shouldn't have sold it, looks like it would've been worth a small fortune.
View Quote

You most certianly can get one. But only from Asian vendors. They will tape over any trade marks otherwise customs will seize it. I just bought a KWA last fall from a vendor in Hong Kong.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 4:40:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Check out the iscc m22 airsoft pistol. Same grip angle as glock and fits in Glock holsters, it has a slide mounted saftey but it can be removed. Also uses glock style airsoft mags
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 4:44:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

So you're saying my KWA G18C may actually be worth something?

ETA:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=3&campId=5337559805&toolId=10001&customId=izg097qwra00zk8a00004&mpre=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fitm%2Fksc-g18c-airsoft-glock-KSC-with-original-box-manuals-and-lots-of-upgrades-%2F272563583105%3Fhash%3Ditem3f760e3881:g:sdkAAOSwImRYim5t

Mine is the "unmarked" version. No rollmarks on the slide, but clear blank spaces where the "Glock inc, Smyrna GA" and the "Glock" logos were supposed to be molded into the plastic, but left out due to obvious licensing issues. Now that I know that its worth it, I think its time that I "tune it up" and sell that bitch.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 4:45:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Used to be airsoft Glock pistols were everywhere........I have a Glock 19 model with a 18 selector for full auto.........it is a hoot.

If you can't find one

I recommend lots and lots of dry drills

Buy a .22 LR conversion
I love mine
http://www.advantagearms.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=AASOS&Category_Code=GLK

you could get a laser trainer for your Glock
https://www.laserlyte.com/collections/laser-trainer-pistol

and targets
https://www.laserlyte.com/collections/lts
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 4:46:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have one of those.........I need to buy some more green gas........LOL
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 4:48:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

You can get a Coleman propane adapter $5 and some lightweight oil. Much cheaper then buying green gas but stinky.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 4:51:05 PM EDT
[#12]
I have a g19 airsoft, kws? i think. its a gass blow back.  anways fits all my holsters.  Bought it locally from an airsoft store about 6 months ago

i can take a pic of the box and stuff when i get home if you want.

i don't know anything about airsoft, made my friend go with me when i bought it.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 4:52:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

It will shred a heavy cardboard box at 5 ft with a quickness. I think I still have a can of Green Gas at the parent's house that is over a decade old, lol.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 4:56:00 PM EDT
[#14]
As another poster said, you'll have to order one offshore of a replica and hope it doesn't get held by customs.

I got the KWA ATP. I feels like a cross between Glock and sig. Doesn't really have the exact grip angle as the Glock.

It fits some of my G21 holsters. In order to fit my safariland level 3 ALS duty holster with the tlr-1s, I have to remove the ALS or it can't draw smoothly. It will not fit G17/22 holsters.

I had a 22lr conversion for my Glock but it was picky on ammo. And most of the time ammo wasnt available.

It won't be as real compared to actual firearms, but recoil is somewhat just below with simunition.

Still though, trigger time with it is just as beneficial.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 4:56:32 PM EDT
[#15]
i don't know if these guys are any good or if the brands are any good but they have a few different g17, g18, and g19's.  co2 and gas

https://shop.jkarmy.com/airsoft/pistol
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 4:58:43 PM EDT
[#16]
You will never be as quick as this guy:

Fast draw Extreme! (Bob Munden Go home)
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 5:05:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

I should've bought one. I wasn't sure but I think they had a g17 in full auto when I was younger. Way out of my price range probably.

Doesn't matter though, I was more interested in getting a 1911 to go with my airsoft Thompson.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 5:10:41 PM EDT
[#18]
You will be hard pressed to find one now since Glock REALLY cracked down on airsoft guns.  The few you can find don't fit real Glock holsters as I found out.  Its better to go with a real training gun like a blue gun and then a .22lr slide for the range if you are worried about recoil.

You could also go with something like the SIRT pistol.

Or the below option:
http://looserounds.com/2014/08/12/semi-auto-handgun-inert-training-accessories/
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 5:21:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGabPQmpJWU
View Quote

Haha, WTF
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 5:22:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Another option is a SIRT training pistol. Laser with trigger reset for multiple shots and safe for indoors.

Amazon sells laser "targets" that react when hit for feedback

https://nextleveltraining.com/product/sirt-110-training-pistol-2/
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 5:37:32 PM EDT
[#21]
The real problem with the airsoft glock is doing mag changes.  The magazines are very fragile and cannot be dropped on the ground.  Just draw and fire is fine.  I'm sure there are some used one's out there.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 5:42:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The real problem with the airsoft glock is doing mag changes.  The magazines are very fragile and cannot be dropped on the ground.  Just draw and fire is fine.  I'm sure there are some used one's out there.
View Quote
Exactly.

I can see worth on them for doing IAWB drills though - I'd rather get plugged with a plastic bb than a metal slug
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 5:45:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Exactly.

I can see worth on them for doing IAWB drills though - I'd rather get plugged with a plastic bb than a metal slug
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Exactly.

I'm not even going to try to use my airsoft G18 for draw practice. It has a 2lb ish trigger, with no trigger safety.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 5:50:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGabPQmpJWU
View Quote

that last one...bahah
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 5:51:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Go to Okinawa and buy one at an airsoft shop!

Link Posted: 2/21/2017 6:18:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Look at one of the laser training devices, it uses her Glock and new targets.  I collected change and turned it in for Amazon gift card, bought a USPSA shot timer, its great for practice with par times.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 6:29:31 PM EDT
[#27]
http://asiaairsoft.com/index_ecat.php?cPath=222_89_135

I've owned a Stark G19 and besides weight and a slight finish difference on slide it was identical to my real Glock. The trademarks and everything were correct.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 6:55:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
http://asiaairsoft.com/index_ecat.php?cPath=222_89_135

I've owned a Stark G19 and besides weight and a slight finish difference on slide it was identical to my real Glock. The trademarks and everything were correct.
View Quote

I was all excited,  then I saw the price
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 7:27:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 2:22:52 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Here is my experience and take it for what it is worth.

I made a holster similar to what I carry for other guns for a pellet pistol.
It is in no way a replica of my carry guns.

But I practice daily, drawing it and shooting at targets.
I also practice drawing my carry guns with their individual holsters
with snap caps.

I've gone for a year not making it to the range and found myself up to
speed with my carry guns when I do.

As a holster maker I have the advantage to draw many pistols in many holsters
on a daily basis and it all just becomes routine.

I'm not sure exactly what my point is here but all I know is constant practice is
better than over thinking guns and peripherals.
View Quote

this is good advice,  part of the reason I wanted similarity is she's already sort of struggling with the Mags vs No Mags thing. and she's very slightly struggling with the mag loaded but not chambered,  vs no mag loaded but still might be chambered thing.  I don't know why but a lot of shooters struggle with this.  I as hoping for mag changes for her too, but might be too much.

I think I will get a cheaper glock knock off airsoft,  you are right, if I could make holsters, I would maybe just get a bb gun, but I can't make them. so I can buy a knock off that fits her current rigs and it's a little easier.  Hopefully I can find one close enough in size and quality enough to not be junk and last a while. Especially cause they seem sort of expensive for what they are.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 4:07:55 AM EDT
[#31]
Order a G Series from HK, Taiwan, etc; I can't recall where I ordered mine from but it made it no problem.  It's the same size and weight as my G19; it will hold a light and it fits in the same holsters.  I use the Coleman propane cylinder adapter; you add a couple of drops of silicon oil each time you use it.  It'll stink a bit in the house but nothing terrible.  You can find scale IDPA targets on-line as well as scale IDPA courses of fire.  

Link Posted: 2/22/2017 4:22:11 AM EDT
[#32]
I imported several Airsoft type Glock replicas from Taiwan.

They are EXACT clones of the 18c,17 and 19. I do mean EXACT. There would be no way to tell from an external evaluation ( unless you rack the slide back or look down the barrel). I had to search around to find ones that match the real markings but they can be found.

Of course these do "infringe" on Glock's patent.

I use them for showing my 8 year old daughter how to properly hold and use the firearm. She has become quite proficient in racking the slide...locking it back...releasing it...manipulating the remarkably accurate fake magazines.

I place the replica on the end table and instruct her to NEVER touch it without daddy's permission. So far she is at 100% compliance with me in and out of the room ( nanny cam confirms this).

Yes you could easily use them to practice a draw or to break in a holster. I used the 19 to break in my Calico Miami shoulder rig.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 4:25:41 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I imported several Airsoft type Glock replicas from Taiwan.

They are EXACT clones of the 18c,17 and 19. I do mean EXACT. There would be no way to tell from an external evaluation ( unless you rack the slide back or look down the barrel). I had to search around to find ones that match the real markings but they can be found.

Of course these do "infringe" on Glock's patent.

I use them for showing my 8 year old daughter how to properly hold and use the firearm. She has become quite proficient in racking the slide...locking it back...releasing it...manipulating the remarkably accurate fake magazines.

I place the replica on the end table and instruct her to NEVER touch it without daddy's permission. So far she is at 100% compliance with me in and out of the room ( nanny cam confirms this).

Yes you could easily use them to practice a draw or to break in a holster. I used the 19 to break in my Calico Miami shoulder rig.
View Quote

link for vendor?
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 4:30:15 AM EDT
[#34]
Airsoft is a great training tool for a LOT of things, but trigger control usually isn't one of them unfortunately. If someone knows of an Airsoft Glock with something close to the real trigger pull, I'd love to hear about it... most are far too light
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 4:36:02 AM EDT
[#35]
Why not get a real one and dry fire it with snap caps? That's what I do to keep my aim steady with my Berettas.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 6:08:55 AM EDT
[#36]
Tag for some links.  I need a 19 and 17 as well.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 6:37:05 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Why not get a real one and dry fire it with snap caps? That's what I do to keep my aim steady with my Berettas.
View Quote

something that you can pull the trigger without racking the slide would be good
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 6:50:26 AM EDT
[#38]
My KWA HK23 pistol was the same exact size as my "real steal" one... So much so that the real slide, barrel, etc would almost fit onto the airsoft slide. The only difference being that the Airsoft "gas" specific parts prevented it from going all the way.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top