Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 2/21/2017 4:24:57 AM EDT
There is a dead cow across the street and that thing stinks.

Is there any comparison between the two?

The deceased cow is behind a barbed wire fence, and the owners lease the land.

Damn that thing stinks. So I wonder, which smells worse?
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 4:26:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Rotting meat.
Same.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 4:26:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Rotting meat all smells the same.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 4:27:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Once liquefaction sets in six one way, half dozen the other.

The crap humans eat makes their rotting guts stink worse than just about anything else.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 4:27:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Smells like... well, rotting chicken.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 4:28:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Human smell is worse psychologically, if you know because it's hard for the brain to deal with defilement of the human body.

I once stumbled upon a ripe dead hog . I swear the smells jumped off that hog and latched onto my nose hairs. Took DAYS and multiple showers to get that smell off me and outta my head.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 4:32:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
There is a dead cow across the street and that thing stinks.

Is there any comparison between the two?

The deceased cow is behind a barbed wire fence, and the owners lease the land.

Damn that thing stinks. So I wonder, which smells worse?
View Quote

same same. burnt body smells like burnt steak too.

J-
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 4:34:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Most all crispy critters smell the same
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 4:38:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 4:41:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The crap humans eat makes their rotting guts stink worse than just about anything else.
View Quote

This people smell worse than most animals. Especially, fat people.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 4:43:09 AM EDT
[#10]
whaat..
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 4:48:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Death.
View Quote

It damn sure is dead. We have been smelling this for a few days Surprisingly, the buzzards have been complacent..They need to get with the program.

Link Posted: 2/21/2017 4:51:54 AM EDT
[#12]
It's a sweet/grotesque smell.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 4:53:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.  Crispy critters (burnt people) smell different from burnt steak/meat as well, unless they're really crispy then they don't really smell.  
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 4:56:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Largely depends on the size and diet of said animal.

Humans most often always smell worse.

Worse I've personally seen was a 350lb+ woman who died in a bath tub. Best we could tell she had MI'd and drowned. Had been sitting for almost a week in the summer desert heat. Fat fuck soup is hands down the worst thing I've ever smelled, couldn't eat for days, and I can easily down food after scooping any normal fragrant stiff.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 4:56:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Rotting meat smell,  little difference from dog, cow, goat , human....human seems a bit sweeter.....unless there are maggots.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 5:07:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Like a compost heap on a farm
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 5:10:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Worse I've personally seen was a 350lb+ woman who died in a bath tub. Best we could tell she had MI'd and drowned. Had been sitting for almost a week in the summer desert heat. Fat fuck soup is hands down the worst thing I've ever smelled, couldn't eat for days, and I can easily down food after scooping any normal fragrant stiff.
View Quote

Good lord.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 5:15:45 AM EDT
[#18]
I think the difference is that the cow is out in a pasture, with a large amount of open space for the smell to dissipate....But, the cow weighs quite a bit more than most people

Most people die in a confined space (house, car, etc). My GF worked for the coroner for experience before going to PA school and said that the decomp cases left the smell in her nose for days...you couldn't touch the body or meat would fall off
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 5:25:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/21/2017 5:29:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
Did she fall apart when you tried to pull her out?

It gets like slow cooked pork after a while... and my least favorite thing about floaters.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 5:48:06 AM EDT
[#21]
They're made out of meat.

THEY'RE MADE OUT OF MEAT!!! (Sci-Fi Short Film)
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 6:01:49 AM EDT
[#22]
Bad. They smell bad.

Like rotten meat (deer, elk, cow, whatever), but different.

Once to smell it, you'll KNOW it's person the next time.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 6:19:35 AM EDT
[#23]
We had some amateur butcher dumping cow remains in the woods at one of the local disc golf courses (located in a city park). This was happening every few months and it stunk to high heaven.

One day, a buddy and I are enjoying a round, and I have a drive veer off the fairway and land a good 20 yards into the woods. As I retrieved my disc, I smelled that rotting flesh odor and simply chalked it up to more cow remains.

That evening, I'm watching the news, and they report that a dead human body had been found at that park by two other disc golfers. Turned out it wasn't cow remains that time. I've always been thankful that I was not the one to have happened upon that dead body.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 6:36:25 AM EDT
[#24]
A decomposing human corpse smells like a decomposing pig.

What's worse is a decomposing human body that is alive. I think it's the added joy of weeks of urine and feces.

Ah, the things you learn as a paramedic .
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 6:47:06 AM EDT
[#25]
I once lived in a house that used a cultivated spring for its well. The water pipe ran 1/4 mile across a field to the house.  Once a groundhog or something fell inside that contraption, it was about 3'x4 and about 6' feep but only had maybe 3' of water in it. I had to fish it out in chunks.  Most likely a groundhog that has been decomposing there for weeks.

The small was awful. Worse I have been drinking some of that groundhog water that ran to the house. I got stomach sick for 2 days.

Today, a decade later, just the thought of that circumstance makes me throw up if I think about it long enough. It's permanently stuck in my head. The smell that is.

Never ran across OP's subject or cows but I am sure it's just as bad after a few weeks.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 6:47:34 AM EDT
[#26]
They are pretty similar smells.

Found a body in our apartments a few months ago, it was bad

I opened the windows and immediately destroyed the air quality on the entire block

When the cop came around the corner from parking the reaction was priceless...it was as if he hit a wall.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 6:51:56 AM EDT
[#27]
Being a funeral director in summer is a thankless job.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 6:53:03 AM EDT
[#28]
Rotten meat.....as someone that worked during Katrina and also some messy parts of Iraq.

It's pretty bad...

First experience with it was a neighbor who died next door and I had to enter the house using the doggy door.

It was awful and traumatic to see....his bloated body and this awful stench...and he was an awesome neighbor....

Miss him a lot.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 6:59:08 AM EDT
[#29]
A human body that has been in an apartment that has the heat up to 80 degrees for a couple of weeks is something you don't forget.  That was the only time I had to use Vicks Vapo-rub under my nose..

I have no idea how the transport team for the coroner's office does their job.  I might have to see a stinking dead person once or twice a year.  They deal with it daily.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 7:10:01 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Human smell is worse psychologically, if you know because it's hard for the brain to deal with defilement of the human body.

I once stumbled upon a ripe dead hog . I swear the smells jumped off that hog and latched onto my nose hairs. Took DAYS and multiple showers to get that smell off me and outta my head.
View Quote

The best is when you think it's all gone and then days later out of nowhere you smell it again.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 7:13:44 AM EDT
[#31]
Smells like teen spirit 
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 7:17:05 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

The best is when you think it's all gone and then days later out of nowhere you smell it again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 7:20:08 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 7:24:10 AM EDT
[#34]
sack full of assholes
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 7:25:58 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

It gets like slow cooked pork after a while... and my least favorite thing about floaters.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The "bursters" are as bad a smell as I believe there is in this world.

I've discovered dead people in buildings I've owned and you can't even tell what apartment they're in because the stench  emanates from the hallway way air vent into  the entire building and every hallway on every floor.

But the bursters are the worst.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 7:35:27 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
A decomposing human corpse smells like a decomposing pig.

What's worse is a decomposing human body that is alive. I think it's the added joy of weeks of urine and feces.

Ah, the things you learn as a paramedic .
View Quote

I work EMS in a very rural area.

I never knew that a living person could actually decompose.

You can't get that smell out of an ambulance. It just permeates the aluminum and never goes away.

Fuck, I'm gagging writing this.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 7:35:58 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ugh....I could only imagine.

I'm kinda hungry now though, thanks!
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 7:39:15 AM EDT
[#38]
As a homicide detective I've seen a lot of them. My worse was a murder/suicide in a non air-conditioned mobile home out in the middle of a field in the hot South Louisiana summer. The windows were blacked out by the flies. Respirators were not enough, we borrowed a couple of scott air packs from the fire department. The bodies were just 2 lumps of moving masses of maggots. After most db stinkers, I just had to hang my clothes outside for a few days before washing them. I threw them away after this case.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 7:43:40 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

She had already started to separate and the flesh had mostly sluffed off. It was literally human soup. They only found it because the water from the tub had been leeching into the floor/ceiling of the unit under hers.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 7:47:28 AM EDT
[#40]
Take some deer meat scraps. Stick them in a cooler with the intention of throwing them out. Forget about them and open that cooler about 2 months later. A rotting corpse smell is hard to explain, especially if in a confined space, It sorts of sticks with you for a long time.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 7:59:36 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote
Once you smell it you will never forget it!
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 8:22:02 AM EDT
[#42]
we go "Nose blind" pretty quick but I don't think with the smell of dead humans it ever happens.

rancid Pork is the closest thing I know of.

one of the things that gets me with zombie movies...even if you're nose blind to it..you open a door with a dozen rotten corpses
behind it, the stink will damn near take you off your feet..yet the actors portray no reaction to the dead.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 8:23:25 AM EDT
[#43]
Is the sweet smell from all the sugar humans eat?
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 8:23:32 AM EDT
[#44]
It's definitely a funk that'll stick with you forever and once you smell it again you know that it's human decomp. 
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 8:25:30 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yep most folks with a tags know
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 8:32:35 AM EDT
[#46]
My son told me about a fire he was on (he was a wildland firefighter for a time) that was started by a light plane crash.....a plane that had some of their buddies in it. So they fought the fire all the while breathing in their friends barbecue smell.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 8:33:02 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

same same. burnt body smells like burnt steak too.

J-
View Quote

I worked with an older guy years ago whose uncle had been a flamethrower guy in the pacific theater.
He couldn't come to family cookouts...bad memories.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 8:48:41 AM EDT
[#48]
I think pound for pound, a decomposing human body smells worse than a decomposing animal.  Both smell bad, but people smell worse.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 9:05:50 AM EDT
[#49]
They smell that same, but the human weighs 150-200 lbs. while a cow weighs 900-1,500 lbs.  So the cow will smell stronger for longer.  Normally the farmers just hook them to a tractor with a logging chain and drag them to the back 40.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 9:34:20 AM EDT
[#50]
To me, a rotting human body smells the worst because it is an unatural smell not normally encountered during your daily routine.

It is 1000 times worse than vomit and 100 times worse than a bloody stool and maggot infested rotting garbage.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top