Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/20/2017 11:01:57 PM EDT
I have a Note 5 with the standard Samsung bloatware installed. The BRIEFING app is among the most f_(!^& annoying!!! The only "headline" ads that keep "notifying" me are along the lines of "Thousands rally: Trump is not my president."

This is only the one that just buzzed my phone, but it is pretty typical of how the debate is being framed. During the election, it was all "GO Hillary" and "WTF Trump."

Just an observation on a topic that has been slowly getting under my skin lately...

ETA: Any tips on the bloatware without rooting my phone?
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:07:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes would be nice to get rid of it.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:10:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I think I was able to disable, but not delete, the bloatware on my S5.  Might try that in the app settings
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:13:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Go into Apps. Uncheck "notifications," on the offending app.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:26:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

That got it!!! Thanks

Still wish I could actually "own" my phone and install/UNINSTALL whatever the hell I want. That being said, this is at least a step in the right direction.

Then there is the aspect of how the "notifications" were being presented. It was like Goebbels was whispering in my ear day, after day, after day... And then I thought about how this damn app is currently "uninstallable." Orwell came to mind...
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:51:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:59:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Good point. Worked for me. I have Samsung Note 4 (the last Note with the removable battery) and they have a similar app called Flipboard and just as annoying.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 12:00:51 AM EDT
[#7]

Most excellent, thank you.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 12:04:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Same with notifications from Opera mobile.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 12:31:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Package disabler pro works pretty decent. it doesn't delete the bloatware, but it let's you turn off a lot of crap. It might have a slight price. I can't remember since I had it for almost a year now. Package disabler pro
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 9:45:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Thank you as well!  Easy fix.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top