Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:44:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
One time I had pistol....  Glock nineteen.

Old timers always said it was the perfect size, but to tell you the truth it seemed a tad big to me.

Always loved listening to them old timers.

Now I also had myself a J-frame, the one without the lock, but the way things are going today I felt overmatched with five rounds.

Bought myself a Glock 26.

Now some people will tell you that you can't get a proper grip on that gun, but I never really believed it.

Who knows what to believe now.  I surely don't.

They come out with a model 43.  

Single stack.  

Started to buy one, but I felt my soul being torn by what that really got me over the J frame.

Well, I suppose a Glock 26 it is then.

For me at least.  

While I'm still here on this earth.
View Quote

Well done, and we're in page 2.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:48:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Hows it shoot?

I carry a 19 everywhere and a LCP for deep concealment. That LCP has got me into concerts, ball games,  (yes plural) defeating the metal detecting "wand" .

Problem is... past car-jacking distances I cant shoot it for shit. And the whole 380 thing, especially in the NE OH winter. with thick multiple layer clothing.... Does not instill great confidence. But better than nothing.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:49:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a 43 TALO w/TLR6 and Pearce grip extensions, and with a sticky holster it vanishes.

If I was going to carry a 26, a 19 is the better answer--I like a real grip, making the 26 just as tall with extensions, and the length difference of 26 vs. 19 isn't enough for me to spend the money on a 26.

But for an easy in the wasteband pistola, my 43 with the quick acquisition HD sight, plus a TLR6 is a damn hard setup to beat.  When I can get away carrying my 19 or VP9, I do; but when weather, social situations, or other attire needs dictate carrying something smaller, my 8 round, tac light equipped 43 is awesome.  Carry good ammo, and the barrel length difference is negligible in terms of performance.

and at the end of the day, having a gun > not having one.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:51:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
One time I had pistol....  Glock nineteen.

Old timers always said it was the perfect size, but to tell you the truth it seemed a tad big to me.

Always loved listening to them old timers.

Now I also had myself a J-frame, the one without the lock, but the way things are going today I felt overmatched with five rounds.

Bought myself a Glock 26.

Now some people will tell you that you can't get a proper grip on that gun, but I never really believed it.

Who knows what to believe now.  I surely don't.

They come out with a model 43.  

Single stack.  

Started to buy one, but I felt my soul being torn by what that really got me over the J frame.

Well, I suppose a Glock 26 it is then.

For me at least.  

While I'm still here on this earth.

Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:51:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Your "stream of consciousness" posting style is dildos.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:52:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:56:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Hows it shoot?

I carry a 19 everywhere and a LCP for deep concealment. That LCP has got me into concerts, ball games,  (yes plural) defeating the metal detecting "wand" .

Problem is... past car-jacking distances I cant shoot it for shit. And the whole 380 thing, especially in the NE OH winter. with thick multiple layer clothing.... Does not instill great confidence. But better than nothing.
View Quote

I've only taken it out twice. Once stock and once with the upgrades.

Stock was an awful showing for me, honestly.

7-10 yds with the extension and I'm shooting maybe 2-4" groups?

I don't know if that's awesome or shitty, but it'll work for me. Especially with more practice. I shoot a good bit, but I'm not used to shooting small pistols.

Other than my 642, it's the only one I've shot.

I most certainly cannot chew holes with it, like I can with my primary two at that distance.

Practice is the key. I need to get on it more.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:56:40 PM EDT
[#8]
There is a very long thread  here somewhere where a member had 10 rounds working in his 43.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:57:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I know I'm in the minority for not liking the G19, but I just don't.
View Quote

If I could only have one Glock, it would be a 19. However, since I'm not limited to one, I prefer a 17 and a 26.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:05:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Maybe I'll get one down the road.

I don't get a ton of use out of small pistols, but they certainly have a role. I was kind of skeptical about the autoloaders in general.

I use them for my dog needing to go out in the middle of the night (no fenced yard), quick trips to get food or go to 7-11, and carrying when I'm not supposed to be carrying. Meaning socially/corporately inappropriate.

I still think this gun would suck stock, but with the two changes I made, I like it.
View Quote

I had the PM9 I sold it to get the 43.  Mic drop.  

The TLR-6 is just a must have piece.  

How do you like the Ridgid Ede Holster?

I am using Pearce +1 extensions right now  but am going to buy a couple more mags with Hyve Extensions.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:10:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I've only taken it out twice. Once stock and once with the upgrades.

Stock was an awful showing for me, honestly.

7-10 yds with the extension and I'm shooting maybe 2-4" groups?

I don't know if that's awesome or shitty, but it'll work for me. Especially with more practice. I shoot a good bit, but I'm not used to shooting small pistols.

Other than my 642, it's the only one I've shot.

I most certainly cannot chew holes with it, like I can with my primary two at that distance.

Practice is the key. I need to get on it more.
View Quote

Good, now try iambic pentameter.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:11:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I had the PM9 I sold it to get the 43.  Mic drop.  

The TLR-6 is just a must have piece.  

How do you like the Ridgid Ede Holster?

I am using Pearce +1 extensions right now  but am going to buy a couple more mags with Hyve Extensions.
View Quote

I like it, but I'm not probably the guy you want holster advice from on a G43. Another member recommended it, I bought it and like it. That's the extent of my experience.

I went +2 for both capacity and grip, myself.

The Pearce seems to be a functional version of the factory mag. (Meaning +1 where there should be a +1) But I'm glad I went with +2. A little more in the palm.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:13:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Tell you what. Post pictures of you pocket carrying a G43 from multiple angles and I'll give you advice. Nobody has stepped up yet, we'll see.
View Quote

No need for pics, I'll tell you it is NOT too small so recommending anything bigger or thicker will not work.  

So it's either perfect size (it is) or too big.

Getting something noticeably smaller  means a smaller caliber, less capacity, and I don't shoot smaller semi's well.

Recommending a different single stack 9 mm would be useless. They are all roughly the same size and have the same capacity options. I shot and liked the shield but I liked the Glock better. 7+1+7  works for me
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:20:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The G43, a fucking disaster of capacity to size ratio which brings into question what intern designed it, considering they had the opportunity to blueprint an entirely new magazine.  

"Buh buh mah baseplates"

Gun of metrosexual Rambo, takes a hit in capacity without equivalent bonuses, but Rambo rationalizes it's okay because it's a Tactical Glack #1. Turns being armed into a fashion statement over functionality.

Let me shit away valuable barrel length that takes nothing it conceal, and add back to grip length due to shit design.

Fucking failboat.
View Quote

I just bought one and I really like it. But damn, I love the way you hate it!
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:25:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I like it, but I'm not probably the guy you want holster advice from on a G43. Another member recommended it, I bought it and like it. That's the extent of my experience.

I went +2 for both capacity and grip, myself.

The Pearce seems to be a functional version of the factory mag. (Meaning +1 where there should be a +1) But I'm glad I went with +2. A little more in the palm.
View Quote

Yeah it was me who recommended it.  LOL

I went with the for the "factory" look.  I will go with Hyve or TTI for power.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:28:20 PM EDT
[#16]
cz rami bd  
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:39:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Kahr PM9 > 43
View Quote

LOL, no.

I shot and carried a PM9 for a decade. I sold it less than a month after buying the G43.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:52:16 PM EDT
[#18]
My Glock 43 is for those times when I don't think I'll be able to dress around my Glock 22 (I may eventually pick up a Glock 19; I owned one years ago and really liked it but I sold it to fund something else).

It has made the Glock 26 obsolete.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 12:12:42 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The G43, a fucking disaster of capacity to size ratio which brings into question what intern designed it, considering they had the opportunity to blueprint an entirely new magazine.  

"Buh buh mah baseplates"

Gun of metrosexual Rambo, takes a hit in capacity without equivalent bonuses, but Rambo rationalizes it's okay because it's a Tactical Glack #1. Turns being armed into a fashion statement over functionality.

Let me shit away valuable barrel length that takes nothing it conceal, and add back to grip length due to shit design.

Fucking failboat.
View Quote

You must neither live in or ever travel to a major city. That, or XXL plaid shirts must be a staple of your wardrobe.

I must say I do love, and feel close to your comment, "Gun of metrosexual Rambo". It is the perfect carry piece of the fashion conscious CCW'er.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 12:13:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

"Buh buh mah baseplates"

Fucking failboat.
View Quote

I agree, as a huuuuuge Glock fan, the P938 is 10x the gun that the G43 is.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 12:23:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Need pics to see if op tells the truth.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 12:31:55 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

You must neither live in or ever travel to a major city. That, or XXL plaid shirts must be a staple of your wardrobe.

I must say I do love, and feel close to your comment, "Gun of metrosexual Rambo". It is the perfect carry piece of the fashion conscious CCW'er.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Buh buh mah baseplates"

Fucking failboat.

I carry in an anti-gun ban state in non-permissive environments 365 days a year. I am a 32" waist with gun, and wear very fitted clothes. I am acutely aware, and as such experienced in such matters.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 12:32:42 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

If I could only have one Glock, it would be a 19. However, since I'm not limited to one, I prefer a 17 and a 26.
View Quote

Why is this guy right all the time?

Seriously, quit.

Link Posted: 2/21/2017 12:37:31 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

No need for pics, I'll tell you it is NOT too small so recommending anything bigger or thicker will not work.  

Getting something noticeably smaller  means a smaller caliber, less capacity, and I don't shoot smaller semi's well.

Recommending a different single stack 9 mm would be useless. They are all roughly the same size and have the same capacity options. I shot and liked the shield but I liked the Glock better. 7+1+7  works for me
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tell you what. Post pictures of you pocket carrying a G43 from multiple angles and I'll give you advice. Nobody has stepped up yet, we'll see.

As I said, no one will post pictures of them pocket carrying a G43.

My entire beef with the gun isn't that it needs to be smaller, it's that it has shot capacity for its size. I don't advocate anyone carrying a smaller gun. I don't advocate anyone pocket carrying. There are smaller or same size guns with better features.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 12:40:45 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
My G43 was my "summer carry" gun a couple years ago, but it's turned into the only gun I carry. There isn't a better balance of easy concealing, easy to shoot, and reliability out there. My 1911s have a thick layer of dust on them.
View Quote
Better is subjective. For that role I chose the Shield as the all around best.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 1:07:52 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Better is subjective. For that role I chose the Shield as the all around best.
View Quote

My shield had a shit trigger and multiple FTFs. I dropped it like a hot rock, bought a G26, not a single failure since.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 1:21:42 AM EDT
[#27]
I'll take the P938. Smaller frame. Shoots awesome. 7+1 and add a spare mag of 7. That's good enough for me.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 1:27:30 AM EDT
[#28]
FPNI. It's what I've come to expect from teeners.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 1:35:47 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
FPNI. It's what I've come to expect from teeners.
View Quote
CSB, your group says an equal amount of dumb things also.

Link Posted: 2/21/2017 1:43:42 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Why is this guy right all the time?

Seriously, quit.

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/21/2017 1:46:17 AM EDT
[#31]
Tag!
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 2:12:41 AM EDT
[#32]
About 12 years ago I wanted to size down from my G23 for summer time carry.  Ended up finding a good deal on a Kahr K9 and have love that gun ever since.  It fits my hand perfectly,  shoots great and carries easily under shorts and a t-shirt during warm weather.  I am sure there are much lighter options out there, but this has remained my everyday carry at least 6 months out of the year.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 2:15:46 AM EDT
[#33]
I prefer to carry a Glock 19 whenever and wherever I can.  While Utah allows concealed carry at public universities I also feel that depending on the clothes I have to wear for particular day that I cannot always conceal a Glock 19 so that my colleagues will remain unaware.  I am lawfully carrying, but there are still consequences that I don't want to deal with.  It is on those days that I carry a Glock 43.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 2:25:13 AM EDT
[#34]
Or you could go with a little class and get a Rohrbaugh R9s and have a truly small sub compact
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 3:11:20 AM EDT
[#35]
I still love my 1st gen xd9 sub-compact.

I have a crossbreed IWB I use, and I'm not much of a shirt tucked in guy, but I could pull it off...

For me it's been the best balance of capacity, and conceal ability, and worst case scenario, it's a pretty good skull hammer with it's weight. It is a bit thick, but so am I so it evens out.

Pop's has a couple pocket pistols, one is a kel-tec 380 he loves for carrying, but doesn't like shooting it. He likes it's pocket carry so much he's never got rid of it.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 3:13:32 AM EDT
[#36]
What's a good price for a P938?
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 3:29:02 AM EDT
[#37]
Yes, they do.  Subcompacts are for suits and bumming around the house in shorts or sweatpants.

What I don't understand is the Glock 17. Yes, it was the original, but it's too big to conceal, yet gives up too much sight radius on the 34.

You either get a 19 if you want to CCW, or a 34 if you open carry / service pistol. The 17 should have died out.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 3:39:36 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

HK p30 sk

Sig p320 sub compact

Sig p224

M&P 9 sub compact

Ect
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You notice how pretty much every pistol manufacturer has jumped into the single stack 9mm segment in the last few years, but nobody is copying the G26? That's a clue...

HK p30 sk

Sig p320 sub compact

Sig p224

M&P 9 sub compact

Ect

The only one of those that has the same proportions as the G26 is the P224, and I've never seen one in person.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 3:41:47 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I thought OP was Cormac McCarthy for a moment.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought OP was Cormac McCarthy for a moment.
Cormac McCarthy minus the talent.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 4:01:20 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 4:14:26 AM EDT
[#41]
These days all I carry is a G26 with magpul 12 round mags.

I have one of those Roland G19s, mostly for open competition, and it feels ridiculously huge in comparison.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 4:24:22 AM EDT
[#42]
I'm going with the Roland Special.
Roland Special
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 4:39:08 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I'm going with the Roland Special.
Roland Special
View Quote
A race gun in a compact for an EDC?

Nah, most assuredly not for me but to each their own.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 4:41:22 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
A race gun in a compact for an EDC?

Nah, most assuredly not for me but to each their own.
View Quote

You'd be surprised how fast AND accurate that ridiculous compensator can make you shoot.

That entire thing looks like a hot mess, but the first time I shot one I had to build my own.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 4:55:26 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

You'd be surprised how fast AND accurate that ridiculous compensator can make you shoot.

That entire thing looks like a hot mess, but the first time I shot one I had to build my own.
View Quote
If you need a comp that makes the gun bigger than a full size to fire three to five shots at the average self defense shooting in an already easier to shoot with cartridge, well then, good luck to you sir.

Or you can carry a full size that isn't as snappy as a compact that has a longer sight radius, and still get the job done and be just as fast.

But whatever. I keep hearing how people get glocks as they're easily replaceable during a good shoot. Doing all that is not easily replaceable, so which is it? It's now okay to spend the coin all of a sudden?

Still most assuredly, not for me. I'm quite content and happy as well as highly confident being a "fudd" with a normal polymer striker that has no cowbells on it.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 5:48:45 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Buh buh mah baseplates"

Fucking failboat.

And what would you recommend I pocket carry instead?

I will when I buy mine. I usually pocket carry my G42 regardless of whether I'm carrying a larger gun. If I'm wearing something with smaller pockets I carry an LCP. I carried a Kahr CM9 for a long time, and the G43's slightly larger size and heavier weight are offset by the MUCH better trigger.

These are my choices for pocket carry. That's what I have on me 99% of the time. Depending on the situation I also have a 17 or 19 (and soon to be a 26).
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 6:13:29 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I agree, as a huuuuuge Glock fan, the P938 is 10x the gun that the G43 is.
View Quote

Want to know how I know that you are not a huuuuuge Glock fan?
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 6:23:44 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Hows it shoot?

View Quote

Put some of Underwood's Lehighs in that LCP.  Those will blow through an Alaskan parka.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 6:29:20 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

"Buh buh mah baseplates"

Fucking failboat.
View Quote

not to mention it is now the size of (if not bigger than) my g26 without the up side of being able to use any other 9mm mags.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 6:30:17 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
If you can carry the g43, try a g26. It's been my edc for a while with a tlr6.
View Quote

+1

minus the light.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top