Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just hate Bill Paxton.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
in alien 3, and you all hate that movie.
I just hate Bill Paxton.
I think most directors agree with you.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 6:49:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Drop leg holster
Check

Magpul
Check

Weeee....,
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 6:49:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
aliens had a kid in it, and you people love that movie
View Quote

And a superlesbian. I am not your shield.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 6:51:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
She died though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
She died though.

In the third movie. After the superlesbian only agreed to do the third if the script was rewritten to make her happy.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 6:54:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

She only played one on TV. Sort of.

ETA:I thought you meant Vasquez.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 6:54:24 PM EDT
[#6]
I hope Micheal Bey directs!
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 6:54:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Smartest character is black.
Toughest character is black.
Bravest character is female.
Luckiest character is white.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 6:54:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Keegan-Michael Key?
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 6:56:30 PM EDT
[#9]
I bet the kid and one of the black dudes survives.  Everyone else ends up in a trophy room.

Holbrook was good in "Narcos" and his part in "Logan" seems promising... but we'll see.  Being the token white guy doesn't bode well.

From left to right:
-Intelligent scientist type.  He lives.
-Typical try-hard tough black guy type.  He'll be the first to die.
-The leader of the group.  Likable but does something stupid/brave to save his guys and dies heroically. 
-Some dumb fucking kid that adds nothing to the movie.  He'll survive because Hollywood is a pussy.
-Overly tough-acting female who's attracted to the white guy.  She'll probably be the reason the white guy dies.
-Typical comic-relief black guy.  He'll add levity to tense moments right up until he bites the dust.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 6:56:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Let's see...

One "regular metro black guy"
One "likely bad attitude soldier black guy"
A "white millennial douche who follows all the rules except the one where you're not supposed to have sex with the captive"
The ethnically ambiguous Olivia Munn as the captive/informant
The "comic relief mostly counted as black guy"
One white dude to help show that all white dudes are soft and goobery
And the fresh faced kid who thought this was going to be the start of his career in acting, but boy is he in for a surprise when he turns 18 and the only casting agent who calls him back has a black leather couch and a desk in an otherwise un-decorated office in the local strip mall.

This movies is ghey, totally ghey, Liberace kissing Bruce Jenner ghey.

No script or plot necessary, straight to DVD flop.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 6:57:19 PM EDT
[#11]
So, these guys are going to take on Predator(s), using weapons chambered in pistol calibers?
I'm not even sure 5.56 is adequate, but I'm sure as hell bringing some kind of rifle if that's what I'm going up against.
Maybe one of those new 5.56 miniguns for sheer volume of fire, almost seems like a semi-auto grenade launcher would be the smallest practical weapon in that fight.
Yes , it's just a movie, but so far everybody who's tried to go toe to toe with Predators using small arms hasn't fared too well.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 6:58:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
So, these guys are going to take on Predator(s), using weapons chambered in pistol calibers?
I'm not even sure 5.56 is adequate, but I'm sure as hell bringing some kind of rifle if that's what I'm going up against.
Maybe one of those new 5.56 miniguns for sheer volume of fire, almost seems like a semi-auto grenade launcher would be the smallest practical weapon in that fight.
Yes , it's just a movie, but so far everybody who's tried to go toe to toe with Predators using small arms hasn't fared too well.
View Quote

10mm. Blow yer head clean off.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 6:59:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
No shit. WTF? 
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Keegan-Michael Key?
No shit. WTF? 

I've never seen him in anything serious, but he is a good actor.  He could probably pull off "I'm losing my shit and running off to get revenge for my bro" like Bill Duke did in the original.

Shane Black is a GOOD fucking writer.  That gives me faith that this will not be full of suck.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 6:59:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Keegan-Michael Key?
View Quote

This, wtf...
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 6:59:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Smartest character is black.
Toughest character is black.
Bravest character is female.
Luckiest character is white.
View Quote

White privilege.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:00:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's the director.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:00:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Remember that the OG Predator had 2 black guys, 2 hispanics (one a woman), and a Native American, before you get your panties in too much of a twist.
View Quote

There's no place for facts like that in a rant thread.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:01:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
kids ruin every movie ever
View Quote

Not if you give them the Rambo 4 treatment.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:02:11 PM EDT
[#19]
My bet.....the day is saved by the woman and/or the kid.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:02:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

That's the director.
View Quote
Is he retarded, or does he just look like that?
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:03:23 PM EDT
[#21]
None of them look strong enough to lift the pickup truck off of the blocks.  I'll be cheering on the predator in this movie.... $10 says the kid manages to outsmart the predator.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:04:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Predator vs SJW
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:06:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

That's the director.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's the director.

And, the director is Shane Black aka Hawkins from the first Predator.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:06:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Tough, surely?

I'm not seeing anyone in that cast as tough or surely. Casting choices suck. Movie is probably going to suck.
View Quote

Of course it's going to suck. Ain't no probably about it.
Can you name any "reboot" movie that didn't totally and completely suck ass?

3:10 to yuma was pretty good, but i can't think of much else.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:07:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Man, looks even worse when the original Predator poster is right under it.

New one = GAP ad
Old one = Vietnam seals.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:07:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Is he retarded, or does he just look like that?
View Quote

Yes.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:08:40 PM EDT
[#27]
In on this will suck.

Refuse to see it. Baring a miracle.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:09:01 PM EDT
[#28]
I'll take the original.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:09:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Thanks for all the info. I don't even have any questions
View Quote

Nor desire to see it...
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:10:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Looks shit

What does it have a kid in it.
View Quote

Yeah, I hate that shit too. You know they include the kid to appeal to a wider audience...and you know a bunch of dudes are going to die trying to save him.

The original movie was awesome. One of my best friends has the script memorized...we'll be in the middle of a dart match at the bar and I'll hear him say behind me "What's the matter? The CIA got you pushing too many pencils?" or some other comment that makes no sense and make me start laughing.

I just know it will be toned down which always sucks...Ventura had so many classic lines.

With movies like this they need to a similar style reboot as the last Rambo. Basically an 80's action movie blood bath.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:14:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:14:49 PM EDT
[#32]
OP Your TITLE IS FUBAR THIS IS NOT A REBOOT this film was written and will be directed bythe guy who  hawkins in the first film

Munn plays a scientist

supposedly this is part 1 of Fox's attempt to create a Marvel style franchise out of the Alien vs Predator universe
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:18:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
IMDB
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:22:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Remember that the OG Predator had 2 black guys, 2 hispanics (one a woman), and a Native American, before you get your panties in too much of a twist.
View Quote

You think like an SJW. The point is, the new cast looks like they would only be capable of fighting the employees of a women's hair salon. A bunch of Hollywood liberal wimps.

1987: Black guy #1. Carl Weathers was a former pro football player who looked like he could break your bones. Black guy #2. Bill Duke had a mean ass demeanor and looked like a bad ass.
Sonny Landham , the Native American also looked like he could beat the crap out of anyone. Arnold and Jesse were both pumped up on steroids and at least could portray men capable of
destroying the Predator. The Hispanic actor, Richard Chaves was also totally believable and credible in the role.

The actors in the new Predator do not remotely capture the veresimilitude (real word, look it up) of real Special Forces type soldiers.

I hate it because the previous 1987 cast had conservative actors and no liberal left wing actors. Sonny Landham, Jesse Ventura and Arnold were not lefties. If we can't get manly conservatives jobs in Hollywood that suit them, what's the point?
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:24:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

You think like an SJW. The point is, the new cast looks like they would only be capable of fighting the employees of a women's hair salon. A bunch of wimps.

1987: Black guy #1. Carl Weathers was a former pro football player who looked like he could break your bones. Black guy #2. Bill Duke had a mean ass demeanor and looked like a bad ass.
Sonny Landham , the Native American also looked like he could beat the crap out of anyone. Arnold and Jesse were both pumped up on steroids and at least could portray men capable of
destroying the Predator. The Hispanic actor, Richard Chaves was also totally believable and credible in the role.

The actors in the new Predator do not remotely capture the veresimilitude (real word, look it up) of real Special Forces type soldiers.

I hate it because the previous 1987 cast had conservative actors and no liberal left wing actors. Sonny Landham, Jesse Ventura and Arnold were not lefties. If we can't get manly conservatives jobs in Hollywood that suit them, what's the point?
View Quote

Poncho
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:26:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Keegan-Michael Key?
View Quote

Said he is moving to Canada if Trump wins
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:27:06 PM EDT
[#37]
spoiler

Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:27:52 PM EDT
[#38]
is this a movie about a hunter from outer space or the child molesters that work in Hollywood?
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:29:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Not only no but HELL NO!

Just like True Grit reboot, some things shouldn't be touched.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:29:47 PM EDT
[#40]
When I read the OP....

Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:29:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Keegan-Michael Key?
View Quote

Thats the only question that needs asked and it answers any question about the movie.  

Who is the dip shit with the Kriss?

Why does the new version suck?

and so on....
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:30:40 PM EDT
[#42]
I will watch anything that is Predator or Aliens.  Damn you Hollywood!

I won't bitch until I see this one, but lets be honest.  The predator franchise does not have a really good track record.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:30:47 PM EDT
[#43]
The cast (and loadout) of 13 Hours would have fit perfectly into this but nooooooooo.

Surprised Fatty Mcarthy isn't in this peddling her fat girl fart jokes.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:31:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I've never seen him in anything serious, but he is a good actor.  He could probably pull off "I'm losing my shit and running off to get revenge for my bro" like Bill Duke did in the original.

Shane Black is a GOOD fucking writer.  That gives me faith that this will not be full of suck.
View Quote
Key and Peele both did a decent job in the first season of Fargo
but I am still pretty about him

He's funny as shit though
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:33:32 PM EDT
[#45]
I would like to see a movie based on the Predators point of view. Their species are basically big game hunters going from planet to planet on safari hunting the apex life form. I would like to see a movie where the Predator goes to a planet expecting to hunt one type of apex predator but turns out their intel was wrong, it is another apex life form where their weapons are wholly inadequate to combat them. Kind of like the scene in Aliens vs. Predators on top of the pyramid.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:33:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Good lord, what kind of metrosexual bullshit is this?!?
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:35:33 PM EDT
[#47]
So which one is the transgender ?
Which is gay ?
Are they on a SJW quest to save the world from global warming or another cause created by the evil white man ?
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:35:47 PM EDT
[#48]
looks like a bunch of slack jawed faggots

why does Hollywood feel the need to fuck shit up
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:35:54 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

You think like an SJW. The point is, the new cast looks like they would only be capable of fighting the employees of a women's hair salon. A bunch of Hollywood liberal wimps.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No I don't, I just happen to not give a fuck what color the cast is.   
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:36:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

You forgot the security guard for "Billy" the Native.  He was "rambunctious" and they had to hire a guard to protect the rest of the cast.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top