Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 11
Posted: 2/20/2017 3:28:12 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 3:51:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I hate to get the party going but I can't quote now using my phone. Single or multi.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 3:53:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 3:59:10 PM EDT
[#3]
When I hit quote or quote all it takes me back to the main GD page.

I've hit refresh a few times.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 4:05:16 PM EDT
[#4]
I tested out the new IM system functionality, and I like it.  I did notice that the Cancel button didn't seem to do anything when I clicked it, though.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 4:07:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Still can't embedd YouTube videos from iPhone 6. Also can't quote shit. Don't really feel like clearing my cache and losing all passwords and shit just because of one site that can't get it right. A site I pay for none the less
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 4:10:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 4:16:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 4:23:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Minor issue when taking a group action against messages. When you select the group action check box when there are 10 messages on the page, it only takes action on the top 9 messages. The 10th message isn't marked with a check.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 4:29:12 PM EDT
[#9]
I copy the link from YouTube. Click on the YouTube icon in the post editor. Paste the link into the address bar. Then hit "save". It doesn't populate ANY text in the post editor.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 4:39:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

iPhone or android?

If you double click the quote button on the bar it will work for single. I'll try to find out what's happening and get it fixed.
View Quote

iPhone. I did notice if I double clicked on the quote button it works but nothing on the quotes drop down menu works.

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 4:40:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 4:42:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Yeah the first click on the quote button does jack and shit. Click on it again and it pops up the "quote single, or quote all" or whatever it says. 90% of the time it takes me to the post editor but doesn't populate any text again. The other 10% it just reloads the page
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 4:44:28 PM EDT
[#13]
https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=tyPs2EwnMFY

Doesn't work.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 5:13:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Side menu won't collapse
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 5:15:51 PM EDT
[#15]
I can't view the site from my iPhone 5 anymore. Member login/menu stays on top of screen and will not close when the X is tapped. Covers 7/8th of the screen in mobile and the left 30+% if I switch to full, which still covers the thread title and sub categories. Worked fine last night. Works great on laptop though.

ETA: see post above
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 5:16:49 PM EDT
[#16]

Was just going to post a screenshot of this.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 5:24:26 PM EDT
[#17]

This is happening with the drop down menu now...
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 5:29:27 PM EDT
[#18]

Same here (iPad & iPhone)
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 5:37:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 5:39:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 5:41:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Maybe or maybe not relevant to the new site...

Why does the search function not accept two character terms?  With the mind numbing number of acronyms and alpha numeric gun names used here it's strange that you can't search any term of two characters or less.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 5:42:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 5:43:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 5:44:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/148092/ar15-150569.png
View Quote

This.

I figured out why my phone looks so much better than my desktop now.

When I pull up a thread, "Code Monkey" isn't on the screen and it makes for a better viewing experience to me.

The gray box alignment I'm referring to looks great on my phone, but here it's what I'd call incongruent....

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

The 2nd photo is already addressed above here, but it makes arfcom feel like strobe lights.

I'd still like to cast a vote to have an option for avatar shut-off.  When I'm scrolling through a thread and my wife is sitting next to me, seeing a scantily clad female as an avatar isn't what I'd call ideal.  So, please consider that not everyone wants to view what some people want us to see.

I wish I knew how to screen shot on my phone so I could give you a good description of how it looks, but if you can implement what I highlighted in red, it would be greatly appreciated.

Win7 Chrome 55
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 5:45:18 PM EDT
[#25]
I still can't get the member panel to go away on an iPad.
Posting on my iPhone
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 5:46:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 5:50:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 5:51:37 PM EDT
[#28]
My quote buttons are working again. Thanks Goatboy.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 5:52:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 5:54:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

What happens when you try to click on the main site (to the side of the member/menu panel? It should close by default if you click outside of it.
View Quote

Any forum I click on, it pops back up.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 5:59:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 5:59:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Member panel stuck open on my Samsung tablet as well, while using the Samsung Internet app.
Changing pages, closing all ARf tabs and starting a new one, logging out, logging in, etc, does not remove/close the panel.  I never clicked to open it.

Did you ever go to those mobile test houses like were suggested back in the original feedback thread? They can test for this kind of thing before you publish to live, across a whole spectrum of devices you don't own.

Attachment Attached File

ARf/Mobile also still broken.

Kharn
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 5:59:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

What happens when you try to click on the main site (to the side of the member/menu panel? It should close by default if you click outside of it.
View Quote

For me on iPhone 5 / Safari nothing happens when trying to close the menu by clicking the X or by clicking outside the menu (which is barely visible).  Hope that helps.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 6:01:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Here's another idea I'd like to run up to the admin (referencing Person of Interest).

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 6:03:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

So everywhere you go on the site, it's opening up by default, without you even clicking to open it?

What ipad are you using? You can try to close out of the browser tabs with arfcom, then opening a new one to start with. This shouldn't be happening.
View Quote

Regular iPad. I've hit refresh, turned it off, the member panel won't go away.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 6:11:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So everywhere you go on the site, it's opening up by default, without you even clicking to open it?

What ipad are you using? You can try to close out of the browser tabs with arfcom, then opening a new one to start with. This shouldn't be happening.

I would like to 2nd this!  You've rendered the site unusable on iPad.  The entire left 1/4 of the screen is covered by this menu thing that won't go away.  The 'Member Panel'.  I had to go find a freaking computer to post from because the submit button is wiped out by the 'Member Panel'.  The 'x' in the 'Member Panel' doesn't close it and it doesn't go away except for clicking on gunstruction.  I am disappoint.

ETA:  I would like to add being an iPad, we don't have 'Control-refresh' or 'Shift-refresh' or whatever.  Holding down the Refresh button in Safari doesn't seem to help.  I deleted safari data for AR15.com, but I think it unreasonable to have to clear cache for all sites.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 6:13:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Updated to 56.

Ctrl+Refreshed.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 6:18:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 6:19:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 6:21:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Member panel stuck in Dolphin browser. Cannot be closed. Clearing cache had no effect.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 6:22:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

What version ipad are you guys using?

When it's open, try switching to use full site mode for now. It should remove the menu entirely. We are looking to see what may be causing this, but we can't produce the same issue with multiple ipads and different versions. Obviously there's an issue, but it's much easier to figure out with something local that has the same behavior.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would like to 2nd this!  You've rendered the site unusable on iPad.  The entire left 1/4 of the screen is covered by this menu thing that won't go away.  The 'Member Panel'.  I had to go find a freaking computer to post from because the submit button is wiped out by the 'Member Panel'.  The 'x' in the 'Member Panel' doesn't close it and it doesn't go away except for clicking on gunstruction.  I am disappoint.

ETA:  I would like to add being an iPad, we don't have 'Control-refresh' or 'Shift-refresh' or whatever.  Holding down the Refresh button in Safari doesn't seem to help.  I deleted safari data for AR15.com, but I think it unreasonable to have to clear cache for all sites.

When it's open, try switching to use full site mode for now. It should remove the menu entirely. We are looking to see what may be causing this, but we can't produce the same issue with multiple ipads and different versions. Obviously there's an issue, but it's much easier to figure out with something local that has the same behavior.
Menu still stuck open when I select "View Full Site," Samsung Internet browser on a Galaxy Tab 4 (SM-T230NU) tablet.

Kharn
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 6:23:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Full site didn't clear it for me.
Still there. Mini iPad.
iPhone 6 is working fine.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 6:27:07 PM EDT
[#43]
Samsung Galaxy Note 3. Dolphin browser:

Link Posted: 2/20/2017 6:28:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/148092/ar15-150569.png
View Quote

This one is kicking my ass also. Windows 7 with Waterfox. Clearing the cache had no effect.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 6:30:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 6:33:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Ok I have an ipad mini here, are you updated to the latest IOS version? (I haven't done the latest one with this ipad.) I dont have the problem on either the normal view or the full site view. It never opens that sidebar for me. I'd like to be able to recreate the issue if possible. This may be the best bet.
View Quote

No update here either.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 6:38:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Where do I find the user notes? That actually sounds handy as hell. 
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 6:39:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Replying from IE11 and have cleared the browser just to see if it's responding the same way as Chrome, and it is.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 6:41:00 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Member panel stuck in Dolphin browser. Cannot be closed. Clearing cache had no effect.
View Quote

Same here.  Unusable for now..... galaxy s3
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 6:42:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

iPad 3 with IOS 6.1.3 using Safari
iPhone 5 with IOS 6.0  using Safari

Deleting history and cookies, powering off/on have not helped here.

Hope this helps,
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top