Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 11
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:26:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah mine is messed up still, but noticed now when it pops up I can rotate screen from landscape to portrait it kind of freaks out and then go back to landscape it makes it a little smaller to where I can scroll down passed it.  Still covers up some of the top threads and side to where I can't get to them.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:46:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Side menu stuck ope on a MacMini w Safari 5.1 (yes, it's old) Can't 'X' it closed or click off it to make it go away.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:52:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
@GoatBoy,  the latest change has pinned the 'Member Panel' to the top of the web page.  It still does not go away, but one can now scroll it off the screen, if the page content is tall enough.  So now only the top left side of each web page is unusable.  Why don't you roll back to last known good code and work this offline?
View Quote

Mine is now doing the same.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:10:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
@GoatBoy,  the latest change has pinned the 'Member Panel' to the top of the web page.  It still does not go away, but one can now scroll it off the screen, if the page content is tall enough.  So now only the top left side of each web page is unusable.  Why don't you roll back to last known good code and work this offline?
View Quote
Same on my iPad Air. 
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:13:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:19:46 PM EDT
[#6]
My old ipad2 is back to normal - the menu covering a portion of the left side is gone

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:23:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Mac Mini back to normal. Last update fixed it.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:23:31 PM EDT
[#8]
For some reason I cannot access the mobile site. All I can get is the full site on my phone unless I'm doing something wrong. Any help is most appreciated
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:23:36 PM EDT
[#9]
It's fixed now on mine, too. S3 with stock browser.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:25:02 PM EDT
[#10]
IPhone 5 back to normal. iPad working right also.

ETA: menu no longer blocking the screen but now I do not have any menu options in mobile. Works fine in full.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:27:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:29:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Sweet.  Works now on my phone and the new updates definitely resolve some of the issues I've been having with the new mobile version since the original updates.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:29:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for the fix. Much appreciated.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:36:15 PM EDT
[#14]
No more menu blocking the screen on my Tab 4.

Quoted:
There's no real way to revert back clean on this because it's a major library. What we can do is turn it off completely but then no menu for users on mobile.

I tried altering how the menu loads by default in the hopes that it will be hidden off screen until needed. In short, another attempt at a fix.

The reason this has become shots in the dark is because we can't reproduce the error. We have gone through a ridiculous number of devices, platforms, versions, browsers, and folks we have asked to help. Everyone so far seems to be working ok.
View Quote
You publish stuff to the live server without an archived copy of what was previously working?!

Wow.
Device compatibility is frequently farmed out to test houses because few can maintain a sufficient array of devices internally, as you found today.

Kharn
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:43:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Ok so looks like the culprit was HTML5 code that for some reason is not working properly across all browsers. It's strange to me that it only impacted a select number of users per platform/browser. All the iphones in the house worked ok, but people has issues with their iphones here. Just completely and utterly frustrating.

At least we found the issue and resolved it. Now I can go die in peace.
View Quote

All devices working for me now also. My iPad had the problem but my iPhone did not. Maybe because I haven't done any update on my iPhone in a year and a half (I hate the new update and I'm holding out as long as I can). Thanks GB!
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:55:13 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm seeing the issue with the top navigation expanding its offset parent as well.

Problem is that position: absolute; in the class .is-dropdown-menu (foundation.css) is being changed to position: relative; by CSS with a stronger node selector (black.css).

ETA: local cache has cleared, and my user agent string is Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/56.0.2924.87 Safari/537.36.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:57:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Phone is still a no go for viewing the site. Drop down menus are still borked on my PC.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:58:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Praise Kek! Menu is gone.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 12:08:23 AM EDT
[#19]
How do I get it back to mobile.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 12:08:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 12:28:43 AM EDT
[#21]
I can't figure out how to get back to mobile.  I'm stuck viewing in full site mode on my phone. It's a Samsung s4
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 1:27:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 1:36:28 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 2:04:11 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Ok so looks like the culprit was HTML5 code that for some reason is not working properly across all browsers. It's strange to me that it only impacted a select number of users per platform/browser. All the iphones in the house worked ok, but people has issues with their iphones here. Just completely and utterly frustrating.

View Quote

You dead yet?
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 2:08:08 AM EDT
[#25]
This is better
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 3:35:05 AM EDT
[#26]
Thank you so much Goatboy. I looked at the whole screen for an hour and missed it.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 4:18:12 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
UPDATE 2/20
=====================================
- Adjusted ignored post layout on topic page to make all links clickable.
- Adjusted ignored posts in threads to include the username and notes for that user.
View Quote

Just wanted to say thank you for addressing this! Makes browsing much easier for those of us who use the feature!

I know you've got bigger fish to fry, and this certainly isn't a major issue, but did want to bring something I noticed to your attention with this change. In the forum view, ignored threads are showing up on top of the menu bar. Like this:

Attachment Attached File

The thread links are all clickable over top of the menu bar and it won't drop down the menus when hovering over the links. Scrolling off of the ignored thread allows the menu bar to act normal again.

This does not appear to happen when in a thread and an ignored post is scrolled past. It is correctly under the menu bar.

(Windows 7, Firefox 51.0.1 & bone stock Chrome 56.0.2924.87)
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 5:25:26 AM EDT
[#28]
On my S4 phone, the menu bar list is now gone off of the screen. Thank you. But now it will not drop down when tapped, so I cannot log back in (I cleared history and cache) so.......screen goes gray like it is trying to pop something up but it stays that way.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 7:49:15 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
On my S4 phone, the menu bar list is now gone off of the screen. Thank you. But now it will not drop down when tapped, so I cannot log back in (I cleared history and cache) so.......screen goes gray like it is trying to pop something up but it stays that way.
View Quote

I just found the same issue on my phone.  I had thought that the issues with the mobile version on my phone had been fixed, but then I realized that somehow my browser had switched to the full version of the site.  I switched to the mobile version and then found that the issues I previously had remained.  The right side of the screen is cut off and there is no way to scroll or zoom out, so most posts have the last 1-3 words per line missing and pictures and videos have their right side missing, although if you click a picture it does centre itself.  The menu pages also have their right sides cut off.  Anyhow, seeing this, I tried to go back to the full site, but when I clicked the menu bar it would not drop down, but the screen got pale in the manner you describe.  Clicking the screen again or refreshing eliminates that effect, but I'm still stuck without the menu or being able to go back to a version of the site that's actually fully functional on my phone.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 8:33:51 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
Shouldn't be strange at all.  I would expect it as the norm, and you should too.  It didn't sound isolated to iOS, either.

If I were an advertiser paying CPM rates on those top page ads, I'd be pissed.  You have no metric to determine how many and how long those ads top-left were obscured.  How many people visited the site, found it unusable and abandoned?  Your only feedback is from people motivated enough to fine a working alternative so they can post feedback and explain the problem.

You should always be ready to roll-back or disable changes.  You should also have a private test site you can invite people reporting problems to visit and confirm resolution before going back live.

It works fine on my iPad now.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 9:19:49 AM EDT
[#31]
Text goes off the right side of my screen on GS7, and quote links are expanded; blocking the reply button.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 10:51:37 AM EDT
[#32]
Would it be worth doing the beta program on here again and pushing the code to those members a day or two before the rest of the site?

Seems like the menu issues popped up pretty quick here in gen pop.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 12:06:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Ok this I have not seen nor know how it's doing that. It does look like a pc/mac so try to shift+reload the page for me. Also what browser/version is that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/148092/ar15-150569.png
This is happening with the drop down menu now...

Ok this I have not seen nor know how it's doing that. It does look like a pc/mac so try to shift+reload the page for me. Also what browser/version is that.
Working correctly now.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 12:49:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Is JRS or ARL going to be fixed so that people can post any time soon?  On a day to day basis, it's only way I can really interact with the site.  
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 1:11:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 1:11:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 3:09:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same thing here on my S4 (Galaxy Note).

For me to get back to the reloading sub-forum, I just keep hitting my back button.

Kind of a PITA.

My phone is on its last legs anyway...or at least the battery is.

If Samsung could unfuck the issue with their 7's, I'd buy one in a couple of days.

If I cleared out my "cache" or "cookies", I'd really be screwed then if the menu didn't pop down.

My membership is set to expire here on March 8th.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 3:29:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 4:11:27 PM EDT
[#39]
On mobile blackberry classic. The top left menu button doesn't work, only turns the whole screen a light grey color and is see thru like others have posted. Not going to clear cache as people have stated they can't log back in after doing so. Also, far right side of the screen where the user profile button etc used to be, nothing there.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 4:49:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 6:05:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 6:58:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
For some reason I cannot access the mobile site. All I can get is the full site on my phone unless I'm doing something wrong. Any help is most appreciated
View Quote

I'm having the same issue. Iphone six i think, with whatever browser came with the damned thing.
Edit: Found it!! Been looking for this all day.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 6:58:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 7:00:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Sweet!

I am able to get to the menu again (from the upper left hand corner)....instead of the whole screen turning blue or grey.

Thanks Goatboy!
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 7:55:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Two issues on the new Instant Messenger page.

1. I'm glad to see the Archive button is available in the Sent folder, but it generates a 500 'Zombies' error when clicking to confirm. Archive seems to be working properly in the other folders.
2. When using the 'select all' messages checkbox, it selects all the messages on the page except for the last one.

Thanks for the updates!
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 8:45:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Where do I find the user notes? That actually sounds handy as hell. 
View Quote
Seems like a very useful tool to make notes about users

Link Posted: 2/21/2017 9:24:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Ok so looks like the culprit was HTML5 code...
View Quote

Just curious - what HTML5 markup or API were you having issues with? IMHO you shouldn't have to avoid HTML5 because people still run WinXP/IE8. Lots of polyfills out there.

I might regret this, but I'm a fullstack web guy - happy to help debug
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 10:55:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted: This is better
View Quote
And thank you for fixing the EE 0% (0) spacing Goatboy.  The site is appearing much cleaner now.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 5:29:40 AM EDT
[#49]
Disregard. Avast was giving false positives.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 4:03:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top