Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2017 1:31:58 PM EDT
Short version.... I had a bank decline openking a checking account, and in the denial letter there was mention of the Patriot Act... I've always joked about being on a "list" now I'm starting to wonder if I  really am. Has anyone else experienced this?
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 1:33:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Need more information.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 1:33:53 PM EDT
[#2]
It's to prevent narcoterrorism drug laundering. You done goofed.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 1:37:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 1:39:11 PM EDT
[#4]
For the most part I think it has to deal with the fact I sold my house last year, temporary have my mom's address as my primary while I'm in the process of closing on some land/ get something built on said land.

It's still makes me pause for a moment when I see my name and mention of the Patriot Act in the samelwttrr.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 1:39:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Nothing patriotic about it.  Heimat Sicherheitsdienst will be knocking on your door Citizen.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 1:41:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah same deal here, was only opening because they were offering  $200 sign up bonus. But after seeing that shit I said fuck it,  I was instructed to go into a local branch

Briefly reading up on it, I guess if it was truly something to be concerned about the bank by law is not supposed to inform me about the denial
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 2:23:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Because

Link Posted: 2/20/2017 2:34:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

I'm having a slow day and don't get the reference to a digital scale?
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 2:39:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Was it the Wells Fargo deal?  If so, I got the same letter.  I figure it is because I just moved into a house that is not listed on any maps.  I will be going in this week to complete the account (closing it later this year).

Eric 
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 2:41:14 PM EDT
[#10]
There are patriot act disclosures in regards to modern banking
Needs more info
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 2:44:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Yes, it was because I used an UPS address… Same address on my license and everything else. But anything financial gets flagged. I can change it to that address anytime I want, just can’t open with it.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 2:44:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Opened a business account in person, no problems other then they had the wrong type of savings account.

EIN, articles of incorporation, va certificate for llc, etc.  Problem is that they held check for 10 days to clear.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 2:53:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Every account opening in the US has to go through a process to identify the individual opening the account, typically with.....

Full name
physical address
dob
ssn

It gets run and if any of them come up as negative hits or too many of them come up as "misses" the account can't be opened..... and then you get a letter of disclosure explaining why.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 2:57:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 2:59:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
It's still makes me pause for a moment when I see my name and mention of the Patriot Act in the samelwttrr.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 5:11:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Same letter damn it  :D  for some reason the text box wouldn't scroll down to show what was being typed on my phone
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 5:41:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Try having a p.o. box listed as your address on your driver's license. My mail comes to the p.o. box therefore it's my address.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 5:44:21 PM EDT
[#18]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/177643/hqdefault-150474.JPG
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 5:48:29 PM EDT
[#19]
just tell them you are homeless
with a $300000 IRA balance
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 6:02:59 PM EDT
[#20]
as long as some of you other inbreeds have had similar experiences I'm going back to joking that I'm on a list :)
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 6:38:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Opened a business account in person, no problems other then they had the wrong type of savings account.

EIN, articles of incorporation, va certificate for llc, etc.  Problem is that they held check for 10 days to clear.
View Quote
@olivers_AR 
New business venture?? 
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 8:34:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
@olivers_AR 
New business venture?? 
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@olivers_AR 
New business venture?? 

No finally got act in gear for car racing/HPDE, opened an LLC for shop rental, needed a business account.

We are looking at land in Va for shooting.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 9:14:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Try having a p.o. box listed as your address on your driver's license. My mail comes to the p.o. box therefore it's my address.
View Quote

"We don't care where you get your mail, we want to know where we can find you" is what they're looking for.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 9:23:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

"We don't care where you get your mail, we want to know where we can find you" is what they're looking for.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"At the post office getting my mail. Duh."
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:39:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I'm having a slow day and don't get the reference to a digital scale?
View Quote

GWB's War on Tare
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top