BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:36:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Winning.

In 30-years we've had two "fights" with the most recent one in 1993.

must have won the lottery
View Quote

Don't bother.  He doesn't believe you.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:41:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

You remind me of my dad.  You know why he was never able to have a happy marriage?  Because he believed they didn't exist.
View Quote

every married man i know who says they have a happy marriage is subservient to their wives, she runs the fucking show and he is not in control of his own life, im witness to it every fucking day of my life, maybe they know it maybe they don't, ignorance is bliss they say
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:43:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

every married man i know who says they have a happy marriage is subservient to their wives, she runs the fucking show and he is not in control of his own life, im witness to it every fucking day of my life, maybe they know it maybe they don't, ignorance is bliss they say
View Quote

Well, that explains the disconnect.  You don't know my husband.    

Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:44:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Winning.

In 30-years we've had two "fights" with the most recent one in 1993.

must have won the lottery

im up front about it, I don't believe it
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:44:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

lol. bye bye
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol. bye bye

TOUCHDOWN
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:45:50 AM EDT
[#6]
sounds like a winner, don't let things make you grow apart stay close.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 12:24:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
enjoy it while it lasts bro

because it won't

im not saying the marriage won't last

i'm saying the lovey dovey she'll do whatever you ask won't last

anyone who says otherswise is a liar, naive, in denial, or their wife is a 1%er you won the fucking lottery women, i like to imagine they do exist but I highly doubt it, i've never seen an example in person

22 years married she did whatever I asked with a smile on her face for the first 14 years , last 8 years not so much, we have no kids and she has a high paying salaried job

a women's love and affection is conditional, i didn’t make that realization til recently

if i knew that 22 years ago i would of never gotten married, a women needs to feel the pressure to keep her man happy or he can just walk, i sincerely believe this
View Quote

Yea! Let's knock that happy fellow down a peg or two! Right?

Mother fuckers think they can have a happy life. We'll teach them.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 12:28:23 PM EDT
[#8]
12 years together, 9 years married and a little boy. She's an incredible wife and Mom, my best friend. Showed her my new 10/22 last night with grey laminate stock "Pretty, I would have got the red one, but hey that's me!"

She's my Awesomesauce.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 12:39:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

because it won't

anyone who says otherswise is a liar, naive, in denial, or their wife is a 1%er you won the fucking lottery women, i like to imagine they do exist but I highly doubt it, i've never seen an example in person

22 years married she did whatever I asked with a smile on her face for the first 14 years , last 8 years not so much, we have no kids and she has a high paying salaried job

a women's love and affection is conditional, i didn’t make that realization til recently

if i knew that 22 years ago i would of never gotten married, a women needs to feel the pressure to keep her man happy or he can just walk, i sincerely believe this
View Quote

Well, at least, now we all know why.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 12:40:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

because it won't

Link Posted: 2/20/2017 12:43:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Dunno, never married. I'm in my 50's, the girlfriends I keep are normally in their 20's. Works for me.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 12:49:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

lol

My wife said it's ok to tell you you're full of shit.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 12:51:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

lol

My wife said it's ok to tell you you're full of shit.
View Quote

No, he's on a mission. Everyone's "sad sack" has to be filled to the same level. He's doing God's work.

Happiness is a lie. We all die alone.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 12:52:46 PM EDT
[#14]
It's because it's uncouth to post

"still happily married" threads all the time.

My wife is rad. Love her more everyday. I guard against infidelity by trying to be the best husband I can
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 12:53:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

My wife is rad. Love her more everyday. I guard against infidelity by trying to be the best husband I can
View Quote

You just wait. One day you're going to come home from work and BAM. Your wife joined ISIS. Suicide bombed a school. Hundreds of dead children.

It's on you, buddy.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 12:54:24 PM EDT
[#16]
The worst thing my wife does is take her steak medium-well.

Breaks my heart (and the server, I always watch them die a little on the inside) every time she orders it this way.

She's an amazing woman.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 1:03:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

You just wait. One day you're going to come home from work and BAM. Your wife joined ISIS. Suicide bombed a school. Hundreds of dead children.

It's on you, buddy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's on you, buddy.

I stay up at night worried about this. 

I cant help myself!  I told her just today over breakfast  "I think I'm gonna buy a sword and a new rifle" and she said "cool, what kind of rifle?"

she he controls me with coolness!  And lets me bang her!  Who could stop themselves!  Im so sorry!  I've taghut her all my skills!
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 1:05:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I stay up at night worried about this. 

I cant help myself!  I told her just today over breakfast  "I think I'm gonna buy a sword and a new rifle" and she said "cool, what kind of rifle?"

she he controls me with coolness!  And lets me bang her!  Who could stop themselves!  Im so sorry!  I've taghut her all my skills!
View Quote

Nothing you can do now. Women are programmed to be unfaithful. They're basically like wireless printers.

Al Baghdadi is an alpha male, all you can hope to do is keep her from seeing his speeches.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 1:13:15 PM EDT
[#20]
I love my wife.  Miss her everyday I'm at work.  She's my best friend and takes amazing care of our kids.

I know CSB
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 1:21:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
It takes an immeasurable amount of faith to enter into an agreement knowing that more than half of such agreements end in failure.

However, even after a soul crushing divorce and the firey demise of more than one long- term relationship, I remain eternally optimistic.
View Quote

FYI: Statistic is statistically flawed.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 1:23:05 PM EDT
[#22]
We've been married for 30+ years. Two kids, three houses, new jobs, lost jobs, cancer... My bride is smart, good looking, an accomplished karate babe, and fiercely independent.  It has been an amazing ride. If it was all over tomorrow, for any reason, it has been the best time of my life...
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 1:29:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Will hit 13 years this summer.  Two kids, buying our 2nd home now after living in this small one for 10 yrs.

Has been a wonderful 12 years, but there have been a lot of rocky moments as well.  Thrilled to be married to my best friend though!

She wants it ALL the time, LOL.  
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 1:32:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

keep that up loooong term and then get back to me

look I stated my opinion on the subject take it for what it's worth "nothing" don't try to defend your relationship with me I've heard it  a 100 fucking times and I don't believe it
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He went to the range yesterday.  After a couple of hours he sent me a text, "Shit."  I asked what was wrong.  He thought he had his bore snake and rod with him but he'd left them in the shop.  He didn't have to ask----I got in the car and drove them to him.  

He does things for me to make my life easier and I do the same for him.  It isn't some magical formula.  The best thing in the world for us is to see the other one happy.

keep that up loooong term and then get back to me

look I stated my opinion on the subject take it for what it's worth "nothing" don't try to defend your relationship with me I've heard it  a 100 fucking times and I don't believe it

Damn, Mike.  You're bitter and need to shake that off.  

You're suggesting your experience applies to everyone else, it's not true.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 1:36:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Awesome.....

33 years and going strong....
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 1:38:03 PM EDT
[#26]
every married man i know is run by his wife

those that resist are made miserable

those that submit are in bliss

ive personally witnessed it too many times in my life to believe otherwise

say what you like I don't believe a word of it

those that protest to much you have nothing to prove just keep doing what you're doing its your fucking life to live as you see fit
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 1:38:23 PM EDT
[#27]
You've got it made, OP. Just keep being there for her and y'all gon' be a'ight.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 1:38:43 PM EDT
[#28]
This has now officially become a depressing marriage thread.  

Getting married in 2 months and you guys are pissing in the corn flakes...
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 1:39:41 PM EDT
[#29]
You'll find out how much she really loved you when you fall on hard times.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 1:44:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Several folks are trying to get you a new bowl of corn flakes

Congrats on your pending marriage
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 1:47:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 1:48:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

We already have.

It was the turning point and best thing that ever happened to our marriage
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 1:49:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

We already have.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We already have.

You're lucky.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 1:54:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

every man has to make his own decisions

just make sure you go into it with both eyes open and both feet planted in reality

marriage is utter and complete one sided compromise for a man these days, as long as you make peace with the fact that you will no longer be in control of your own life then it will work out, probably pleasantly for the both of you

if you will not submit to the will of your wife then you will have pain

the things I'm saying are terrible and it really does bother me to say these things but I have to be honest about the realities of marriage in our society today
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 1:58:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

every man has to make his own decisions

just make sure you go into it with both eyes open and both feet planted in reality

marriage is utter and complete one sided compromise for a man these days, as long as you make peace with the fact that you will no longer be in control of your own life then it will work out, probably pleasantly for the both of you

if you will not submit to the will of your wife then you will have pain

the things I'm saying are terrible and it really does bother me to say these things but I have to be honest about the realities of marriage in our society today
View Quote

Every time you post, I imagine the The Indianapolis Speech from Jaws.

Jaws (1975) - The Indianapolis Speech Scene (7/10) | Movieclips
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 1:58:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
34 years a few days ago. I am so thankful for a loving, faithful wife. It's not been perfect and without the bumps in the road but with commitment from both parties to the marriage and God in the center of the marriage we have worked through the tough times.
View Quote

So much this.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 2:04:25 PM EDT
[#37]
No, I will no longer have sole control of my life.  I will have responsibilities as a husband and father.  I seek the things that need doing.  FW_wife needed a husband and the Sinister needed a father.  Fatalwishes had damn good taste in wemin, and FW_wife has been through fire and came out stronger.  And since she'd already been on ARFCOM before I met her, she was already prepared for half my goofy shit.  I think she's still reserving judgement on the Legos, though.  
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 2:08:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Every time you post, I imagine the The Indianapolis Speech from Jaws.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9S41Kplsbs
View Quote

That's true, he already accepted his death, so he was free at least.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 2:09:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

~snip~
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

~snip~

One sided in not a compromise  If you or your Ex wasn't willing to discuss and "share" decision making that's on you, not the rest of the world.  If things changed over the years for you, I'm sorry.  Now walk it off.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 2:10:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

He went to the range yesterday.  After a couple of hours he sent me a text, "Shit."  I asked what was wrong.  He thought he had his bore snake and rod with him but he'd left them in the shop.  He didn't have to ask----I got in the car and drove them to him.  

He does things for me to make my life easier and I do the same for him.  It isn't some magical formula.  The best thing in the world for us is to see the other one happy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

There it is.

A marriage is a one way street with each of you working your side of the lane, heading in the same direction, moving at the same pace.

I've had to grow the most in this regard. I took her for granted, if to a point, for too long. Her love for me is the only reason we made it this long. I can say though the last 10yrs have gotten better because I got my head out of my ass & gave to us as much as she did.

That's not to say I haven't made sacrifices over the years, & she knows it, but the scales were always tipped to my favor on who gave the most to our friendship.

She & I work side by side everyday, each pulling our own weight. Then at night we come home & do the same. It's a day to day existence that I cherish.

Quoted:

We've been married 20 years and have 3 kids.  How long term do you want?  

If you ever saw us together you'd see stars in our eyes when we look at each other.   I met him when I was 16 and I still get butterflies when he kisses me.  

We are in the same boat.

I was 17, she was 16. I left home to move, 2,500 miles from home, with her 3months after we met. Home & Love is truly where your heart is.

As I eluded to, she is greater than I am. I have had to work up to her to make things work, but I realized one faitful night, I couldn't be without her.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 2:12:31 PM EDT
[#41]
17 years together 7 married.

The newlywed shine is long gone but what we do have is solid teamwork. We know exactly what makes the others life better and do it uncompromisingly.

I fell that marriage is about understanding and cooperation, YMMV.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 2:12:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 2:13:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

When you pick the right one, marriage is easy.
View Quote

30+ years together and I would marry her again tomorrow.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 2:13:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
No, I will no longer have sole control of my life.  I will have responsibilities as a husband and father.  I seek the things that need doing.  FW_wife needed a husband and the Sinister needed a father.  Fatalwishes had damn good taste in wemin, and FW_wife has been through fire and came out stronger.  And since she'd already been on ARFCOM before I met her, she was already prepared for half my goofy shit.  I think she's still reserving judgement on the Legos, though.  
View Quote

and therein lies the mechanism of your bondage

it wasn't always so
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 2:14:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

We started on hard times, and things got better, then shitty again. She keeps passing that test, but if ARFcom has taught me anything it's that she's waiting patiently 25 years to ruin my life, steal half of nothing, and is probably already cheating with every male I know.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 2:15:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

One sided in not a compromise  If you or your Ex wasn't willing to discuss and "share" decision making that's on you, not the rest of the world.  If things changed over the years for you, I'm sorry.  Now walk it off.
View Quote

no ex, married 22 years and counting

everyday is a struggle, but i'm a man that's what we do
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 2:16:43 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
every married man i know is run by his wife

those that resist are made miserable

those that submit are in bliss

ive personally witnessed it too many times in my life to believe otherwise

say what you like I don't believe a word of it

those that protest to much you have nothing to prove just keep doing what you're doing its your fucking life to live as you see fit
View Quote

Hey, Johnny Sunshine, no one believes you either. You're obviously weapons grade bitter and wouldn't know what to do with a decent, loving woman if she suffered head trauma and fell for you.

But, I'm sure if you keep running your suckhole, you'll have us all convinced our happiness is an illusion. Won't that be a great day for you?
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 2:17:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

lol wow dude.

you might want to talk to someone, like a therapist or something. You go some shit living up there poisoning your daily life.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 2:19:24 PM EDT
[#49]
2nd marriage for both of us, 20+yrs together and it's fantastic.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 2:20:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Most people on here have ex wives because they'd rather choose to go shoot than spend time with their SO.

A lot of people here also have terrible spending habits on firearms and I can see why their SO's left their asses.

This place has awful experience and advice in the subject of relationships.

Put as much effort into your SO's as you do your guns and you'll be just fine
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top