Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/19/2017 9:36:57 PM EDT
Asking for a buddy that thinks he has a line on a deal.

Approx 500 rounds through it (supposedly)
1/9 twist
Magpul forend
Magpul acs butttstock
3 Pmags
No optics, standard carry handle.

All info from my buddy.

Buddy is currently at the guys house. Anyone have any thoughts? I'm guessing $800 ish??? But I don't keep up with current market values.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 9:47:03 PM EDT
[#1]
My buddy thinks he may be able to get it for $700......is that fo range?
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 9:48:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My buddy thinks he may be able to get it for $700......is that fo range?
View Quote

I've seen them locally for $1000-$1200, but that's asking price of course.
If he can get it for $700, I'd FO
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 9:51:50 PM EDT
[#3]
What would be the top range.....assuming all info is accurate and it really only has 500 rounds through itt? Would $900 be too much?
I wouldn't pay that for it....but I'm also not familiar with that specific model
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 9:52:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Get the factory Colt hand guard and stock if the guy still has them.  Make sure nothing is Bubba'd.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 9:56:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Get the factory Colt hand guard and stock if the guy still has them.  Make sure nothing is Bubba'd.
View Quote

Ok. Any input on a decent price assuming he still has the factory stock and hand guard?
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 9:56:46 PM EDT
[#6]
I paid 700 for mine...bear in mind there are versions with the sear block and versions without. I would pay less for one with the block since the bolt carrier is unique and not interchangeable with any other ar part.
also, the front pin is typically a screw and can be larger than a regular takedown pin  (to prevent a standard upper fitting)
lastly, the fcg pins can also be larger

I have a postban NJ compliant a2 model..it's very accurate
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:00:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
What would be the top range.....assuming all info is accurate and it really only has 500 rounds through itt? Would $900 be too much?
I wouldn't pay that for it....but I'm also not familiar with that specific model
View Quote

It's a large pin lower, not really in high demand.
More of a collectible, especially for those looking for an A2-ish rifle.
1/9 limits you to lighter bullets, and really the only thing 'special' about them is a fatter profile barrel.

Unless it's beat to snot (shouldn't be at only 500 rounds) I'd say $900 is fair for an HBAR
I too would want the Colt forend and buttstock.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:01:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Ok. Any input on a decent price assuming he still has the factory stock and hand guard?
View Quote

I think under $850 is a good deal, IF your buddy wants that model.

I forget the model # but I think Colt only made one 1/9" 20" rifle.  It is not chrome lined, and it is ban-era style with no threaded muzzle or bayonet lug.

My buddy has one and it is extremely accurate.  If the guy is new to ARs, he might be disappointed down the road when he can't add a flash hider.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:05:28 PM EDT
[#9]
I traded mine for a Sig p226 and a Sig p229, both in excellent condition.

The rifle was accurate for what it was, but kind of the worst of all worlds in many ways.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:07:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for the replies everyone.

Apparently he picked up for $700.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:12:35 PM EDT
[#11]
He get the Colt furniture as well?
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 11:27:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
He get the Colt furniture as well?
View Quote

Yes. Seems like a good deal
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 12:18:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Good score for your buddy. I paid more than $700 for mine (but not by much). It's a 1997 LE6700 Competition HBAR with all the evil features.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top