Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/19/2017 7:46:51 PM EDT
I just grabbed one of these today. Wish I had done it years ago.

Totally SMOKES my little handheld Toro electric leaf blower...

I realize there are bigger/better units... but this was about all I was willing to spend.

We only have 3/4 acre here so this is plenty adequate. I can cover the property in a fraction of the time it took with the little mickeymouse unit I used previously.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Husqvarna-360BT-65-6cc-2-Cycle-232-MPH-890-CFM-Professional-Gas-Backpack-Leaf-Blower/1000102461
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 8:10:09 PM EDT
[#1]
That's the same model we got in a package deal with our zero turn mower and chain saw.  Works great to blow the snow off the deck and it's easier to use that blower to clear 1 to 3 inches of snow off the driveway than to use our quad with a plow.  And it does work great for moving all the leaves, too.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 8:30:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I just grabbed one of these today. Wish I had done it years ago.

I realize there are bigger/better units... but this was about all I was willing to spend.

We only have 3/4 acre here so this is plenty adequate. I can cover the property in a fraction of the time it took with the little mickeymouse unit I used previously.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Husqvarna-360BT-65-6cc-2-Cycle-232-MPH-890-CFM-Professional-Gas-Backpack-Leaf-Blower/1000102461
View Quote

I have had the the 350BT model for the past three years and it's been fantastic. Buy quality synthetic 2 cycle oil and use high test gas, starts 2nd pull ever time. Only other thing is I use Trufuel in the winter. Like a poster above mentioned, it does a good job blowing light snow. It's probably not necessary, but I'm overly cautious with equipment that will sit.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:06:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have had the the 350BT model for the past three years and it's been fantastic. Buy quality synthetic 2 cycle oil and use high test gas, starts 2nd pull ever time. Only other thing is I use Trufuel in the winter. Like a poster above mentioned, it does a good job blowing light snow. It's probably not necessary, but I'm overly cautious with equipment that will sit.
View Quote

I use trufuel in all my 2 cycle stuff. I may mix my own now though... after seeing how much I burned through this afternoon.
This backpack unit really drinks alot.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:07:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have a gas handheld Stihl....I was worried for a moment until I read this...
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:26:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I have a gas handheld Stihl....I was worried for a moment until I read this...
View Quote

I've used those handheld Stihl's and they are still way better than the electric units.

This is the one I just replaced. It served it's intended purpose when I bought it. I will still keep it to blow off the deck and blow out the garage...  but yard duty will be limited to the backpack unit.

330cfm vs 890 cfm = big difference.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Toro-225-mph-330-CFM-Electric-Super-Leaf-Blower-with-Vacuum-Shredder-51618/204325847
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:32:42 PM EDT
[#6]
I got a Sthil 600 last year and I love it!  I was new to the neighborhood and had a couple neighbors ask me how much to do their yards, they thought I was a lawn care guy. 
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 12:57:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Get some inline skates, and use it to jet around the neighborhood!
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 1:00:54 AM EDT
[#8]
I myself put it off until last fall because I could always borrow one of my brother's.

Finally got one, got a great deal on a re-conditioned blower at my Echo dealership. Mine's the biggest one, the model that
always pushes you backwards and to the right when you use it.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 1:07:31 AM EDT
[#9]
I bought a handheld Echo but will probably wish I had gotten a backpack.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 1:15:20 AM EDT
[#10]
I've got the biggest Stihl made at the time, awesome, best yard money I've ever spent.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 1:18:53 AM EDT
[#11]
If you didn't get a stihl with the liquids tank you fucked up, especially being in Georgia . Two mosquito spraying would have covered the difference.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 2:13:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
If you didn't get a stihl with the liquids tank you fucked up, especially being in Georgia . Two mosquito spraying would have covered the difference.
View Quote

I've learned how to deal with the GA 'skeeters.
When they come out... I go inside.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 2:21:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's on my list. We contracted with a pest control outfit last summer. It worked but they didn't come as scheduled so I cut them loose. While he was here the first time I made a note of his Stihl equipment, the stuff he used. Around 600 bucks and I'm in business.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 2:30:59 PM EDT
[#14]
I have a 15 year old stihl BR340.  I don't use it professionally, but I have run it for many hours over the last 15 years.  It never fails to start, and it runs great, though the carb has to be tweaked periodically.  I used it this weekend to clean out my girlfriend's gutters, garage, sidewalks and drive.  45 minutes and her place looked great!

Will replace with another Stihl when (if) it dies.  Well worth the $400 I spent back then.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 2:36:06 PM EDT
[#15]
I need something to dry off my mountain bike and maybe blow the light dry skiffs of snow off the driveway. Anyone know if this cheap electric one will do it?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0030BG1CC
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 2:43:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Now climb up on the roof and blow out your gutters...

Link Posted: 2/20/2017 2:44:20 PM EDT
[#17]
No wonder American men are weak.

Link Posted: 2/20/2017 2:49:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 2:59:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
No wonder American men are weak.

View Quote

I take it you use these to cut your grass and trim?

didn't think so.

Link Posted: 2/20/2017 3:09:38 PM EDT
[#20]
After my kids grew up and moved away I bought my first leaf blower, a Stihl handheld. I now have a Stihl backpack and another handheld, damn handy tools.

One day my daughter was visiting while I was finishing up the lawn work. She asked why I didn't have one when she and her brother were at home and had to rake and sweep, I told her I didn't have a need for one then.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:55:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

That's on my list. We contracted with a pest control outfit last summer. It worked but they didn't come as scheduled so I cut them loose. While he was here the first time I made a note of his Stihl equipment, the stuff he used. Around 600 bucks and I'm in business.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have the smaller container  one.  It was recommended to me over the large due to weight issues when full.  The saw shop I do business with said all the contractors get the small one as well.

Whole new world on weed and lawn fungus control.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:02:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I have the smaller container  one.  It was recommended to me over the large due to weight issues when full.  The saw shop I do business with said all the contractors get the small one as well.

View Quote

Which model did you get?
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 2:27:11 AM EDT
[#23]

Yes, when I was a homeowner with a yard. My only power tools were chainsaws. I shoveled snow then, and still do. Sometimes 4-6 hrs a day for 3 days in a row, I'm not ditty boppin' around either, the snow is flying. I'm 60yo.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 7:09:10 AM EDT
[#24]
Do these things move leaves much quicker that a rake?
I have a lot of leaves to rake and burn every year, and am looking for something quicker.
Don't mind the physical work of a rake, but it takes days of nonstop raking to get the whole yard done.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 7:11:26 AM EDT
[#25]
Stihl 700. Leaves never stood a chance
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 7:25:02 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I have a lot of leaves to rake and burn every year, and am looking for something quicker.
Don't mind the physical work of a rake, but it takes days of nonstop raking to get the whole yard done.
View Quote
You dont see professional lawn services out raking leaves.  What I like best about a blower is that it can get leaves from around and under the shrubery where you
cant get a rake into.  I have a Stihl handheld and a backpack blower is one the top of the "next to buy" list.

8nBAIT
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 7:26:37 AM EDT
[#27]
Do what the illegals do. Get your leaf blower and blow leaves in the middle of the street while cars are passing by.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 7:29:07 AM EDT
[#28]
I love my Stihl backpack, but there's just some times I break out the electric handheld, especially for when there's just a small accumulation of leaves in a few spots around the house and it's easier to vac/shred/carry them than spend the time blowing them all the way back to the woods.

Kharn
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 7:38:35 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2011/09/mind_blown.gif
View Quote
http://m.homedepot.com/p/Worx-Universal-Gutter-Cleaning-Kit-WA4092/204691406
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 7:48:32 AM EDT
[#30]
3/4 of an acre and a backpack blower 
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 7:50:39 AM EDT
[#31]
I was at the Stihl dealer yesterday looking at the backpack blowers and I'm thinking about going with the 600 because they are on sale for $430 versus the 700 which is $550.  Do you guys who have run both think the 700 is worth the extra money?   The dealer suggested the 600.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 8:01:52 AM EDT
[#32]
Arrr...

Them leaves are me White Whale as sure as me belly blocks all visual visitation with Mr. Winky...

I've a White Oak in the back standing 2 rods, and 17 feet round at her base...

If left to her nature, I'd be swimmin' through 3 feet of the the billion, brown, bastards she drops before the 15th of December...

The finest of remedies be a troop of the Mexican lads...skilled in all manner of leaf and lawn...but alas, me money gets spent on ammunition for the comin' war..

There were funds one season...that I did purchase a back pack blower. That is certain to have saved me life... Till my kid put straight gas in her...and murdered her...thus murdering meself...
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 8:08:07 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Do what the illegals do. Get your leaf blower and blow leaves in the middle of the street while cars are passing by.
View Quote

Fat white guy across the street does that.  He also has a TV that's positioned so I can see what football game he is watching from my front porch.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 8:12:14 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Which model did you get?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which model did you get?

SR 450
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 8:17:15 AM EDT
[#35]
someone in another thread introduced me to the the term, "Mexican bagpipes."
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 9:02:41 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2011/09/mind_blown.gif
View Quote

I've done that with my handheld Stihl. But, I was tied off with a fall harness, appropriately mounted to the roof.  I wouldn't do it with a backpack blower.....

Now that I did that once, and got all the mess off, I can do all I need from the ladder.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 9:07:03 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have epic amounts of leaves from several oaks that are humongous.  And acorns.  I blow into a pile and then take it on to a drawstring tarp.  Carry that to my dumping point, dump it and repeat.  The tarp holds about 5 wheelbarrow loads of leaves.

I generally have to do my yard about 6-7 times per fall.  That yields about 10-20 tarp loads each time.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 9:09:55 AM EDT
[#38]
Past four years my dad has been living with me because he just couldn't take care of himself anymore (I lost him last Sept.)  So suddenly I didn't have a lot of time on my hands for yard work.

I would try to keep up with the leaves but it turned out  I would have to pay someone to finish them off every year.  

Until two seasons ago I bought one of the Home Depot Echo backpack blowers.  Cut the time in 1/4th.  I wonder why I waited so long.  It paid for itself in the first season.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 9:10:20 AM EDT
[#39]
wish i would have gotten a back pack one instead of a hand held..   
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 9:13:15 AM EDT
[#40]
Blowers are an amazing help.  I have had a Shindaiwa EB630 for 12 years.  Cost around 550 when I bought it, but it has saved me enormous amounts of time.  I would recommend them to anyone that has trees shitting leaves in their yard.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 9:41:34 AM EDT
[#41]
I ought an Echo version in 2014.  I said the same thing.  One of my better, smarter purchases.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 10:37:21 AM EDT
[#42]
Art I have a Husky blower and I've found that if you duct tape the tube so it doesn't rotate the side mounted handle works way better. I also like to have the hand grip tilted forward more.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 10:43:11 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
After my kids grew up and moved away I bought my first leaf blower, a Stihl handheld. I now have a Stihl backpack and another handheld, damn handy tools.

One day my daughter was visiting while I was finishing up the lawn work. She asked why I didn't have one when she and her brother were at home and had to rake and sweep, I told her I didn't have a need for one then.
View Quote

LOL....Sounds about like what my Granddad told my father. They used a two-man crosscut saw to saw up firewood till Dad left home then Granddad bought a chainsaw.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 10:56:47 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I was at the Stihl dealer yesterday looking at the backpack blowers and I'm thinking about going with the 600 because they are on sale for $430 versus the 700 which is $550.  Do you guys who have run both think the 700 is worth the extra money?   The dealer suggested the 600.
View Quote

They both have the exact same engine. The 700 has an adjustable length tube and more CFM and less MPH than the 600. The 700 will move more volume but the 600 will scour better on wet leaves and grass. You can't go wrong with either one.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:00:57 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Get some inline skates, and use it to jet around the neighborhood!
View Quote

It's brilliant minds like this that make me proud to be an arfcommer. Hats off to you, sir!
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:10:04 AM EDT
[#46]
I can't justify a backpack blower with my property.

I've been running a battery powered Ryobi for the past 6 years with success. I'm ready for an upgrade.

Milwaukee is coming out with a line of M18 battery powered lawn tools and the blower looks to be just what I want. It should show up in Home Depot stores any week now.

NOT THIS ONE:

THIS IS THE NEW ONE WITH LOTS OF AIRFLOW

Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:51:04 AM EDT
[#47]
You mean you got a Mexican Bagpipe? 

Backpack blowers are nice, but I couldn't justify one for my small property.  Had a Stihl BG55 handheld that ran well for several years, but it started running bad and nothing short of a carb change was going to fix it (replaced everything else to no avail).  Ended up buying this little Makita BHX2500CA with Subaru 4-Stroke and it has served me well (it's nice not having to run pre-mix): Makita BHX2500CA Commercial Grade 4-Stroke Blower
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:57:26 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
3/4 of an acre and a backpack blower 
View Quote

That's what I have and use.  I don't see the humor.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 12:00:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
someone in another thread introduced me to the the term, "Mexican bagpipes."
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/21/2017 6:28:18 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Art I have a Husky blower and I've found that if you duct tape the tube so it doesn't rotate the side mounted handle works way better. I also like to have the hand grip tilted forward more.
View Quote

Thanks for the tip...  I noticed the same thing.
When sweeping side to side... the handle would sometimes rotate to an oddball position.
I thought about running a sheetmetal screw into the duct where it attaches.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top