Page / 4
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 11:14:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Thats shitty tile job. Have them fix that shit
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 11:15:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Im a pro. So i'll give you some pro tips.

1. Durock wicks water further and faster than sheet rock.  Tile, mortar, and grout are not permenant water barriers. Your durock will get wet, and it will spread water to the framing.

2. Durock grows mold. And when it does it stinks.

3. Durock and no moisture barrier is a recipe for disaster. Either use 6 mil plastic behind it (ew, i wouldn't) and deal with the smell of the mold in it, or use brush on membrane over it before you tile. Redguard is the most popular brand. It takes several coats with the normal grade to be thick enough. It takes a whole day to get the required coats.

Durock needs special coated large head screws for install. The seams and holes should be coated with tile mortar, and special resistant mesh tape. Not drywall mud.

3.5 My professional preference is schluter membrane. I've never had a call back, and i've never needed to tear it out of a failed shower. Durock gets demo'd out all the time, mostly from hack jobs like this.

4. Always start on the back wall. either center a tile, or center a grout line. Whichever gives you the best reveal on each cut edge. Patterns complicate things, but if you have half a brain you can make anything work.

5. That looks like home depot's daltile tile. Everyone uses the shit out of it. Its the same cost per sq ft for your lame pattern or something that looks nice with multiple tile sizes.

6. Fire your contractor and start over. You just threw money in the garbage. Its going to cost you more money to fix it in a rush before the closing date, than it will to fix it now.
The only thing he did right so far is start slightly less than 1 full course above the tub deck. Thats a good idea for several reasons.
$5 says he doesnt fill the screw holes though. He doesnt look smart enough to do that.
Take a trowel and start popping tiles off. Scrape the wall, and start Reguard-ing it.
View Quote

LISTEN TO THE ABOVE ADVICE.

That is a disaster.  It WILL leak.  Even if he put plastic or something behind the Durock, he penetrated it with the screws.  Should have had either Schluter, or at least Redguard between the tile and the Durock.  

Go to Johnbridge.com, and search "Shower disaster" and i'm sure you will find a bunch of similar construction.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 12:19:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

He said it would have been to many cuts. I told him to leave the bullnose off the side I am going to get it redone in a month or so.  And yes we are just doing this to sell the house and if I was buying a house and saw that I would say that is really funny looking and get the bathroom redone or ask for money off the house because it has to be done.
View Quote

He could have started from both ends & put the cut row down the middle if that was the case.

Sounds to me like this guy has no clue what he's doing.

Personally, I would just leave it now that it's done.

Find a licensed contractor next time...

Does this guy even have a wet saw, or he's using the crappy scoring tool & breaking them?
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 12:55:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I must have trailer park taste, I don't see the problem. 
View Quote

This.... I don't see a problem, especially if you're selling. But if it is a problem, have him stop NOW! Don't pay to finish it then demo, that's retarded!
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 1:24:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Thanks he gutted it last night and after he was done he said I am doing it the tile guy he knew backed out. They were both going to do it and now we are stuck. We need out shower, it's our only one and I can't tell him to stop and leave.
View Quote

I would rather tell him to stop, pay him, then start over, than have to pay someone else to rip it out, or take it out myself.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 6:23:06 AM EDT
[#6]
We are going to let him finish and hope there are no issues for the next 1 1/2 years. Today will be day 3 and I hope he will be able to finish the tile today. he was having a lot of problems cutting the tile for the wall with the shower fixtures on it and he just stopped. He said he will be back but he has to go to another job, so who knows what is going to happen. My wife is pissed, he said demo Friday, tile goes up Saturday, grout on Sunday. He is saying he can finish the walls and come back and gout a hour after the tile is up. And now she is trying to figure where she is going to take a shower for work. We had a contractor come out and he said it would be 2400.00 to do the walls and the floors if we bought all the materials again.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 6:38:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
We are going to let him finish and hope there are no issues for the next 1 1/2 years. Today will be day 3 and I hope he will be able to finish the tile today. he was having a lot of problems cutting the tile for the wall with the shower fixtures on it and he just stopped. He said he will be back but he has to go to another job, so who knows what is going to happen. My wife is pissed, he said demo Friday, tile goes up Saturday, grout on Sunday. He is saying he can finish the walls and come back and gout a hour after the tile is up. And now she is trying to figure where she is going to take a shower for work. We had a contractor come out and he said it would be 2400.00 to do the walls and the floors if we bought all the materials again.
View Quote

A number of contractors and experienced homeowners have given you excellent advice in this thread. Have it done right the first time. Buy once cry once.

Get your wife a membership at a gym with a shower, the YMCA or something allong those lines.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 6:38:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yes he started with the back wall, not the sides and in the left corner. He is in there still going he is now starting on the side walls. I will take pics in a few. he did the 9x12 vertical and not horizontal which would have willed the space with the 4 tiles per row.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/283746/IMG-20170218-163236-149221.JPG
View Quote

I don't think it would have looked as nice with the tiles horizontal. Vertical makes it look taller too. And I'd rather have one slightly thicker column on one side than two even skinnier columns on either side. 
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 6:39:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Just put one of thes in the corner

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/66/image-149227.JPG
View Quote

Bam

this man is a problem solver 
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 6:42:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I remember when we had our shower tiled and I asked how much I would save if we did the grouting, guy said fifty bucks, being younger and DUMB we thought GREAT, we can handle that.

Wellllll, what we didn't realize is that since we are on a septic system we cannot dump the water down the drain.  We had to hump the five gallon buckets out to the curb, dump 'em, rinse them out, carry them back into the house, up to the 2nd floor, fill, wipe down the grout, repeat.

Since the water gets dirty rather quickly when wiping down the tiles we had to keep swapping out the water like a conveyor system.

That SUCKED.  Lesson learned
View Quote

What makes you think that the contractor in question planned to respect your septic system?

Link Posted: 2/19/2017 6:44:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
So here is all that was done today. I will say one thing the tile is nice and tight to the tall.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/283746/IMG-20170218-184247-149365.JPG
View Quote

That looks nice. 
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 6:47:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Bam

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just put one of thes in the corner

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/66/image-149227.JPG

Bam

Gotta have somewhere to stash the shower Glock
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 6:56:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
Should have been centered IMHO but maybe if he starts the right wall with the same smaller width tile it might look ok?
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 6:57:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

That looks nice. 
View Quote
Yeah, it ain't that bad OP IMHO.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 8:27:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Ive  done a few tile jobs in my time and demoed a few. I use water proofing over durarock. Not sure how well durabond is going to hold up behind your tile over time without a waterproof over it. I know its harder than regular drywall mud. But who wants to take the chance? Thinset would have been better.

I just tore out a 10 year old shower because the shower pan was installed wrong. That's a story for another time. However the durarock behind the tile did not have any water proofing and no water penetration which is a good thing for you at this point in the job if you decide not to tear out what is already done.

The durarock did have water leach at the shower floor up the wall from the incorrect shower pan and did have some mold inside the wall cavity. the water made its way through the tile floor and mud base to the liner and sat there where it contacted the durarock. wasn't a lot but there was some.

If it where me i would tear out what tile is there, install new board, and waterproof all the walls. Better to eat the cost of the tile that is up there than end up with a hole bunch of problems later. He should be able to do that in a day and start tiling the next morning.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 9:03:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Yes he started with the back wall, not the sides and in the left corner. He is in there still going he is now starting on the side walls. I will take pics in a few. he did the 9x12 vertical and not horizontal which would have willed the space with the 4 tiles per row.

View Quote

Why is that detail left up to the tile guy?

I managed an entire home remodel from 250 miles away and had input on smaller details than that.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 9:20:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

You have more problems than the tile layout.

I do not see any sealant on the durarock. Redguard or Kerdi. Stop him now. That is a wall that will be rotted in a few years.

Go to the John Bridge Website for tile info. Post those pics and see the responses you get.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 11:13:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

You sir, are a scumbag. To let this job stand knowing there may be a mold problem(and will) is very reckless and self serving. A nice young couple in 2 years buys this house and finds this problem down the road and has to deal with it after spending everything they had on the house and maybe having their kids develop adthsma from the mold is just a scumbag move. It happened to a good friend of mine, 2 years after they moved out and lost their shirts on the house the kids are still sick. I am sure your a good person in all other aspects of life but your pulling a scumbag move here. People pulling this crap just rubs me wrong. Fix it right, send the wife to a hotel for her shower and get it done correctly, you will sleep better for years to come.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 11:24:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Please tell me you meant MORTAR right?

Yer not one of those guys that spells everything phonetically are you?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would have waterproofed the cement board before putting up the tile - he is using motor and not mastic - right?

Please tell me you meant MORTAR right?

Yer not one of those guys that spells everything phonetically are you?
No he meant a car engine
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 11:32:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

You sir, are a scumbag. To let this job stand knowing there may be a mold problem(and will) is very reckless and self serving. A nice young couple in 2 years buys this house and finds this problem down the road and has to deal with it after spending everything they had on the house and maybe having their kids develop adthsma from the mold is just a scumbag move. It happened to a good friend of mine, 2 years after they moved out and lost their shirts on the house the kids are still sick. I am sure your a good person in all other aspects of life but your pulling a scumbag move here. People pulling this crap just rubs me wrong. Fix it right, send the wife to a hotel for her shower and get it done correctly, you will sleep better for years to come.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

My wife and I are trying to buy a house, have an offer in and should hear back tomorrow. Shit like this scares the he'll out of me. Gee, thanks for cutting corners to fuck it up for me, I would prefer a dated bathroom without mold than a hack job updated bathroom.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 11:34:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

He never said anything about it so I didn't buy any and he already started.
View Quote
All this worry about a tile pattern when the most important thing seems to be missing.

Have your husband talk to the tile guy next time, after that one rots 
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 11:40:55 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I've probably built 50-60 showers, I've centered them , not centered them , layed in brick patterns, corner to corner etc...., if everything is straight and neat it's not a problem either way, but I usually draw everything out and ask the customer if it looks like they want it too.

Believe it or not if I cut 2 small tiles down each side like you want it someone would bitch. ......I always ask because "people are funny that way"
View Quote

This right here.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 11:40:57 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Really?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If he started from the center you would end up with small cuts on both sides. Looks like he made the right decision 

Really?

Yeap.

I think it would look worse with small bits on both ends.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 11:41:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

This.

My wife and I are trying to buy a house, have an offer in and should hear back tomorrow. Shit like this scares the he'll out of me. Gee, thanks for cutting corners to fuck it up for me, I would prefer a dated bathroom without mold than a hack job updated bathroom.
View Quote

Best of luck to you and your wife, a first home can be a scary ordeal.
The OP is opening himself up to years of lawsuits that can be avoided for $2400...WTF? Not to mention the possible torture to the future occupants. This thread showed him a problem with the job and he didnt fix it and let the job go on, maybe his plans will change and he will be stuck in this house for the next 10 years and have to pay the price 5 fold over.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 11:49:39 AM EDT
[#25]
I like to do things myself,if they are not too difficult. Tile is not that hard to do and that tile could be done in a day and use a polymer grout to seal it,after a day so the adhesive can dry behind the tile. I would have opted for some type of horizontal break,(decorative tile pieces), about 2/3's up the wall for a more pleasing visual look but that is just me. It doesn't look bad other than the off center tiles and having the tiles placed horizontally would not look right, but that is your choice. If you ever get it done again,(it will be costly/timely to remove). If you are not happy with it now,THIS is the time to do it over. Also, look on the net for examples of what you want and get some ideas. You would be surprised at how easy and affordable it is to do this yourself,even if you have to rent or buy a wet saw and a few tools. I have done floors,walls and around my tub and they came out the way I wanted it to and really makes the room look nice. Doing work like this is not that hard and will save you a ton of money. Just have faith in yourself.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 11:56:49 AM EDT
[#26]
I would prefer the infinity design, where the back corner has cuts from both sides. This method has only one row of
tile cuts per wall, hopefully in the back corner. 

The option you prefer will have two rows of hopefully evenly cut tile on either side of the wall.  The walls themselves
are not perfect, at angles, and you are left with rows of tiles which are typically not straight

I've done a shower, with a ship tattoo centered in the middle, having cuts to either side. Again the cuts are not straight.
I've also done a bathtub with the infinity design, which looks nice.  Your eye looks at the outside edges first and then
sees the infinity back wall

With the bathtub remodel, I also did the floor.  I pushed all the cuts to the sides, starting the first set of floor tiles
along the tub.  It's a neighbor's house and he first wanted the floor tiles centered, leaving a tile cut along the 
tub.  I suggested this and he liked it better, no seen tile cuts

I'm just a tile hobbyist
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 12:05:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Why no going back now. It's going to be easier now then later. Take that shit down and have him do it right.
View Quote

This is the correct response.  Easier to fix it now than a year from now.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 12:12:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Where is the pipe for the shower head?
Is there a hole I can't see or did it get covered up?
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 12:21:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

I am under the impression OP is going to have it redone, the right way, before selling the house. Whether he does or not, is up to him. If he leaves this bear-trap for someone else, then fuck be upon him!
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 12:39:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Really?
View Quote

Not true.
The starting point is the center of the back wall, the starting point is either on a joint or the center of a tile.
the side pieces will be a "1/2 Tile" plus half the width of the piece on the right.
OR 4.5" plus half the remaining distance which looks to be another 2"
I center the back wall and leave the end cuts out then do the side walls so there is no corner joint for water to hit straight on.
Finish with the back wall side cuts.
You should have some corner dishes as well.

You can message me if you need any info, I started in Bath Renovation in 1980.
My last project before retiring was a $60K bath and walk in closet suite.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 12:43:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
We are going to let him finish and hope there are no issues for the next 1 1/2 years. Today will be day 3 and I hope he will be able to finish the tile today. he was having a lot of problems cutting the tile for the wall with the shower fixtures on it and he just stopped. He said he will be back but he has to go to another job, so who knows what is going to happen. My wife is pissed, he said demo Friday, tile goes up Saturday, grout on Sunday. He is saying he can finish the walls and come back and gout a hour aftber the tile is up. And now she is trying to figure where she is going to take a shower for work. We had a contractor come out and he said it would be 2400.00 to do the walls and the floors if we bought all the materials again.
View Quote

If he tore out and got you to there in 3 days that's pretty good in my opinion. I usually say 5-7 days before they can use the shower from day one. That leaves room for changing a valve or fixing unforeseen problems after tear out.  I'm a one man show so that slows things a bit.

As far as the lack of waterproofing goes it could be years before water gets to the durock, it's a vertical surface with no soap boxes or other cutouts in the wall that I could see. Use a high quality grout sealer and watch for grout cracking in the corners, especially at the valve end where water bounces of the person onto the wall..
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 3:38:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

You are completely fucked now "going to another job" means he does not have the ability to finish so he won't be back.
He has decided that he can no longer complete the job & he has accepted the fact that he isn't getting final payment unless he can get one of his buddies to come finish the job & bail him out.

You might as well go buy a tile saw (if you can't borrow one from a neighbor) & finish it yourself.

How much have you paid him so far?
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:22:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Well we were busy today. I fired they guy, he was here for 4 hours trying to cut a piece of tile for the water valve and he was pissed and said it is because we didn't buy 12x12 and since we had 9x12 tile we had to go buy a bit to make it easier for him to cut the tile. When he said the I said we are done here get your shit and leave. We called the guy who we plan on using as our realtor and he gave us a number to a Italian and he came out and said what the fuck is going on here why is that drywall mud on durock. I said I have no clue it's what he did.  He said take that shit down and I will re-do it and it will look like brickwork, it will be very nice. I didn't argue and said yes. We yanked all the tile off and went and bought more and redguard or whatever it is. and he said it goes on and has to cure for 24 hours and then the tile, wait 24 hours and then grout. So we are now looking at Wednesday. It is getting done right and the best part the guy is only charging 450 to install the tile and waterproof membrane. He also said we should do the floor and I told him the tile is in the garage and he's like we do the floor when the shower is done. I barely understand this guy but he sounds like he knows what he is doing. He is also used by our realtor for all his flooring needs so I trust this guy.

t.l.d.r  I fired the guy and hired a Italian and he is starting tomorrow.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:30:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Well we were busy today. I fired they guy, he was here for 4 hours trying to cut a piece of tile for the water valve and he was pissed and said it is because we didn't buy 12x12 and since we had 9x12 tile we had to go buy a bit to make it easier for him to cut the tile. When he said the I said we are done here get your shit and leave. We called the guy who we plan on using as our realtor and he gave us a number to a Italian and he came out and said what the fuck is going on here why is that drywall mud on durock. I said I have no clue it's what he did.  He said take that shit down and I will re-do it and it will look like brickwork, it will be very nice. I didn't argue and said yes. We yanked all the tile off and went and bought more and redguard or whatever it is. and he said it goes on and has to cure for 24 hours and then the tile, wait 24 hours and then grout. So we are now looking at Wednesday. It is getting done right and the best part the guy is only charging 450 to install the tile and waterproof membrane. He also said we should do the floor and I told him the tile is in the garage and he's like we do the floor when the shower is done. I barely understand this guy but he sounds like he knows what he is doing. He is also used by our realtor for all his flooring needs so I trust this guy.

t.l.d.r  I fired the guy and hired a Italian and he is starting tomorrow.
View Quote

Good job man, you did the right thing, you will sleep better doing it right. let the Italian watch your wife take the first shower and he may do the floor for free!
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:52:38 PM EDT
[#35]
The fact he is a tile guy and didn't have the tools to cut tile is a red flag.

I mean, that's a big part of the job, it should be as easy as pie for a person in that profession. 

The waterproofing and other ignorance of materials needed to make something that is supposed to stand up in the wet conditions in which it's purpose is would be the worse thing to me.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:54:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Where's the waterproofing membrane over the durock? Can you say leaks and mold?
View Quote

This right here. I have been doing some research to replace my crappy plastic tub surround with tile.I have read that waterproofing over the durock is a must. Think I'm going to go with RedGard.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 11:06:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Mapei Aqua Defense works as well as Redgard without the nasty fume.  I started with Redgard for the walls but switched over to Mapei Aqua for the floor.  They are both certified for shower floor membrane and steam room.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 11:13:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
If he started from the center you would end up with small cuts on both sides. Looks like he made the right decision.  Lack of schluter system on walls and floor is a bigger problem. 
View Quote

This. Two inch pieces of tile on each side would look craptastic.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 11:33:49 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Im a pro. So i'll give you some pro tips.

Snip

6. Fire your contractor and start over. You just threw money in the garbage. Its going to cost you more money to fix it in a rush before the closing date, than it will to fix it now.
The only thing he did right so far is start slightly less than 1 full course above the tub deck. Thats a good idea for several reasons.
$5 says he doesnt fill the screw holes though. He doesnt look smart enough to do that.
Take a trowel and start popping tiles off. Scrape the wall, and start Reguard-ing it.
View Quote

Bingo. Remodeling contractor here.

On a positive note, a large portion of my bathroom remodel projects are generated by tile setters like your guy. Most are willing to pay a professional the second time to do it right. Call me in 5 years when the mildew gets too intense and I'll tear the whole bathroom out and make your wife happy.

Edit: just saw you fired that guy. Right decision.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 11:43:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 11:50:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Really.

I would rather have big tiles and one row of 4-6" wide cuts than a row of 2-3" cuts on either side.
View Quote

Same
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 12:16:42 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

THIS!!!
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 12:21:18 AM EDT
[#43]
Why are you letting him finish if you're not happy with it? Fire him now and bring in someone else before you wind up paying for the same job twice.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 12:34:31 AM EDT
[#44]
Will you be able to see it from your new home?
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 12:48:06 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

These are valid points. That shower is likely to become a hazard to someone's health. Black mold is bad stuff.

Edit:
I see you have fired the guy and hired someone who knows what to do.
Good for you, OP!
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 12:49:45 AM EDT
[#46]
Is he really using drywall mortar/mastic instead of tile mortar or is it just white tile mortar?

If it's the former; that shit isn't gonna last 3 months.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 1:04:18 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

What are you talking about?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What are you talking about?

Kerdi board or Ditra.  It is a waterproof barrier applied to the durock, the tile can be applied over top of that creating a waterproof system.

Also, it looks like he butted the durock up to the top ledge of the tub.  There should be a 1/4 - 1/2" gap to allow for movement between the tub and underlayment.  

The contractor did a shit job and does not know how to lay tile.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 1:07:31 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Why no going back now. It's going to be easier now then later. Take that shit down and have him do it right.
View Quote

This. I'm not sure why you are letting him finish only to have someone else rip it out and start over.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 1:17:00 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

You're a F'ing idiot, tile starts in center and works out (if standard layout, which this is, no mosaic etc.) It's is more work to cut bot sides but if the sub knew what he was doing (and does but making a job fast and cheap) he'd have done it right. This is lazy as hell BS and I'd tell him you ain't getting shit until its right. The only reason the guy didn't center the first tile or find center and use 4 tiles on center line is, laziness.
View Quote

Do not attack me.

This is a opinion about appearance. Centered or not will not effect if the tile falls off or leaks. This is opinion and just because you hate it doesn't mean the next guy wouldn't complain about it being centered.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 1:20:56 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is a very legit complaint on your part. He over promised. Each step of grout, thinset etc should have 24 drying time before moving on.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top