BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 8:32:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Exactly, there is nothing discreet about it. It is a nice case but discreet it is not.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's a nice looking case.   Unfortunately it says "AR15" right on the tag on the outside.

Exactly, there is nothing discreet about it. It is a nice case but discreet it is not.

They don't have the patch on them anymore. I've got one and it's been great for the money. I can even squeeze a broken down a2 into it. I love my LaRue discreet case, but use the arfcom one for the 20-inch barreled rifles.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 8:36:06 PM EDT
[#2]
... So tagging this. Just paid almost $200 for precision cut, custom, multi-layers foam specifically for a Pelican
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 8:42:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

That's a nice looking case.   Unfortunately it says "AR15" right on the tag on the outside.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Umm.  No. My 2 don't
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 8:45:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 9:33:45 PM EDT
[#5]
My arfcom case.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

The back side has rings for connecting shoulder strap. These cases were ordered a year ago this past December.  Where the arfcom logo name used to be is a Velcro patch.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 9:40:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

#5 Answer:  It's a torture test, if it survives it's a tier 1 gun!

#4 Answer: Because the blood doesn't rush to their head if they are stored upside down?

#3 Answer: Because when you open it up on a flat surface it's easier to grab?

#2 Answer: Because if you unzip it and reach in you'd rather be grabbing the pistol grip than the optic?

#1 Answer:  Who the fuck cares?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why do guys make nice foam gun cutouts and then put them in upside down?

#5 Answer:  It's a torture test, if it survives it's a tier 1 gun!

#4 Answer: Because the blood doesn't rush to their head if they are stored upside down?

#3 Answer: Because when you open it up on a flat surface it's easier to grab?

#2 Answer: Because if you unzip it and reach in you'd rather be grabbing the pistol grip than the optic?

#1 Answer:  Who the fuck cares?

Says the man from Maryland who can't have nice things.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 9:51:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Nice work OP.
Why not cut more foam to allow a loaded mag to be in the mag well? Now you gots' reload!!
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 10:04:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Looks great.

What recipe are you using for your loads?

Txl
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 10:18:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Nice work OP.
Why not cut more foam to allow a loaded mag to be in the mag well? Now you gots' reload!!
View Quote

That's coming.  I am waiting on a 20 round Lancer clear mag to arrive, then it will be cut out to fit.

There are two 30 round mags to the right, stacked on top of each other in the foam.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 10:19:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Looks great.

What recipe are you using for your loads?

Txl
View Quote

Not planning on reloading 300 black.  I got some magtech FMJ to play with.... then some 110gr vmax for social work.  Once I prove it to be reliable, it will hardly be fired.  I am not much of a 300 blackout fanboy, with two exceptions.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 10:24:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Rifle case
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 10:26:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Dave gave me the dies, finally found a recipe for my 208 gr Ajax with can on my 10" pistol.

Think with your bag idea, might make a great truck gun.

Txl
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 10:29:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

People bring this up all the time.

It's NOT ABOUT THEFT PREVENTION - people steal shit all the time.

It's about hiding the fact you have a firearm to not draw unwanted attention.  I do not suggest leaving a firearm in your unattended vehicle even with a discrete case.
View Quote

If you're not hiding it from thieves, who are you hiding it from?
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 10:33:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 10:34:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

People bring this up all the time.

It's NOT ABOUT THEFT PREVENTION - people steal shit all the time.

It's about hiding the fact you have a firearm to not draw unwanted attention.  I do not suggest leaving a firearm in your unattended vehicle even with a discrete case.

The neighbors, friends of the wife, the tire guy who needs to get back there, whoever might see it and not immediately assume it is a weapon.

It has nothing to do with theft prevention.  It is about blending it in and having good protection.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 10:35:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 10:49:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I figure a guitar would be more likely to be stolen than a tennis racket.  But I have nothing to base that one.
View Quote

I wouldn't imagine leaving any of them in a position to be stolen would be a good idea.
To me it's more about being able to walk thru a hotel lobby or the like and not appear to have a rifle case.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 11:11:48 PM EDT
[#18]
This is about as discrete as possible for a pistol.

Link Posted: 2/19/2017 2:40:35 AM EDT
[#19]
I am unable to find the thread/catagory about how to make a wire foam cutter.  

It also had lots of posts with photos of gun cases that have been cut.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 2:23:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I am unable to find the thread/catagory about how to make a wire foam cutter.  

It also had lots of posts with photos of gun cases that have been cut.
View Quote

I can haz halp:

Cutting Gun Case Foam (lots of photos)
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 3:04:26 AM EDT
[#21]
kozaki, thank you that is the one. I need to do up a few cases
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 3:25:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Nice work.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:02:52 AM EDT
[#23]
Discreet vs. Discrete: What’s the Difference?

Discreet and discrete are homophones. They sound the same but they have different definitions.

Discreet means careful or intentionally unobtrusive.

Discrete means distinct or unconnected.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 12:48:59 PM EDT
[#24]
I  use this. Holds my spotting scope, tripods, rear bag, cleaning rod, brass catcher and other shit.

Link Posted: 2/21/2017 1:26:33 PM EDT
[#25]
I use my son's old batting bag from Little League.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 5:05:09 PM EDT
[#26]
I would use something like this if it's going to be in plain view.  Guitars and tennis rackets are expensive, who wants to steal some old gym clothes.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 8:17:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I would use something like this if it's going to be in plain view.  Guitars and tennis rackets are expensive, who wants to steal some old gym clothes.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/137867/G5021319BLG-1-z-151258.JPG
View Quote

If I'm only taking one or two long guns, that's what I use.  I put padding on each end and a towel, or clothing, or something on the bottom, but the rifle in, and then cover it up a bit and throw the accessories in there as well.  Looks like I have a gym bag full of clothes.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 2:51:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Lol says who?

NFA is "shall approve" and I'm still building ARs.
View Quote

Keep telling that to yourself.

http://www.gopusa.com/?p=21043?omhide=true

"Maryland’s ban on 45 kinds of assault weapons and its 10-round limit on gun magazines were upheld Tuesday by a federal appeals court in a decision that met with a strongly worded dissent.

In a 10-4 ruling, the 4th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Richmond, Virginia, said the guns banned under Maryland’s law aren’t protected by the Second Amendment."
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 3:04:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Nike bat bag, hold up to two gun 14.5"/16" oal tight but no problem and a bat still slips in its sleeve.

Link Posted: 2/22/2017 3:13:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 12:09:30 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

kozaki, thank you that is the one. I need to do up a few cases
View Quote

Glad to help!   Here's another one, about a stealth "tool box" for your carbine, courtesy of Cincinnatus:  Low Profile Gun Case for AR-15

Link Posted: 3/1/2017 12:18:11 AM EDT
[#32]
If you REALLY want discreet cases....

Slip your gun case into a 50 pound Pedigree Dog Food bag that has the resealable zipper.

Thieves will break windows for Computer bags, Tennis Rackets, etc.  When is the last time you heard of a thief breaking into a car for a bag of dog food laying in the back seat?

Link Posted: 3/1/2017 12:33:32 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Slip your gun case into a 50 pound Pedigree Dog Food bag that has the resealable zipper.

Thieves will break windows for Computer bags, Tennis Rackets, etc.  When is the last time you heard of a thief breaking into a car for a bag of dog food laying in the back seat?

https://www.familydollar.com/content/dam/familydollar/product-details/pet-supplies/dog/pedigree_small_breed_dry_dog_food/1134858_Pedigree.jpg/_jcr_content/renditions/cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpeg
View Quote

Exactly!    I was just going to post the suggestion of one of the large empty bags of cat litter.   They are super heavy duty and if you stuffed it with a foam carrier if would look full.      I could see doing a hollowed out book for a handgun in a car as well but I have a quick release safe for that covered with an old shirt.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 1:04:21 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

https://www.familydollar.com/content/dam/familydollar/product-details/pet-supplies/dog/pedigree_small_breed_dry_dog_food/1134858_Pedigree.jpg/_jcr_content/renditions/cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpeg
View Quote
I'm sure it would smell nice once you pulled it out.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top