Link Posted: 2/19/2017 9:06:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The amount of purse swinging post whores trying to make themselves relevant by
kicking a man of substance in the REAL gun community is sickening. People that
dont even shoot guns and/or even own any to begin with unless its an SKS or
Tapcoed piece of shit DPMS or maybe a ragged ass XD and pop of a few rounds
in a ditch and consider themselves experts.

Douchebaggery at its pinnacle by a bunch of no count, closet democrats that
have their collective heads stuck up their asses. If they only would open their
eyes and see the fields of broken hearted dicks that they have sown.
View Quote

Funny how a nobody is complaining about nobodies.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 9:09:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
He's too high speed for you to judge! Stay in your lane. Please
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's your problem princess? Did you find out that your boyfriend / idol is a reckless drunk?

But it's much more fun to judge.  

And I'm pretty highspeed too!
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 9:10:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Why should a municipality have a bunch pretend cops who might shoot off someone's leg in a drunken haze?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So what. Who cares.

If it bothers you that much: Pack an extra Tampon
Why should a municipality have a bunch pretend cops who might shoot off someone's leg in a drunken haze?

Who doesn't like it when the only time their town is mentioned in the news is when one of the police Chief's online buddies shoots his brother-in-law while drunk? I mean, that shit, having a complete outsider representing your town, is the kind of thing every municipality strives to achieve, especially when it's in such a positive light.

Hell, I bet the Chamber of Commerce erects new signs on the way into town which read, "Lake Arthur, NM - the not-so home-away-from home of the former Delta Force Operator who drunkenly shot his brother-in-law in Oregon." They could even build a theme park and start an annual weekend festival to commemorate it and draw in the tourists.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 9:10:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'd rather hang out with non-experts who only shoot their rounds into a ditch, than with an expert who might get drunk and shoot rounds into me. 
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:32:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hell ya man. I mean what kind of SKS/DPMS/XD wielding ditch shooter thinks it's a big deal if a *former* tier one operator and current part time cop (part time cop lol?) gets liquored up and shoots someone? LET THE MAN LIVE AMIRIGHT? All he did was get fucked up and almost kill somebody, shit I usually just call that Thursday. I mean we shouldn't really consider this a big deal or a red flag until the guy fucking kills someone or an entirely family maybe. Heh, who's counting right?

Seriously dude.... get a fucking grip on reality. While everyone in here is gracious of his and others service that service does not exclude him from having to abide some very general rules of society that everyone else does. People defending him and criticizing others based upon resume are fucking sad. That said I'm sure he'll skate and nothing will come of this. All we can hope is that if nothing else he learns a lesson from this before his reckless behavior kills some innocents.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 11:03:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Yeah you need a glock with an aftermarket barrel and red dot to shoot relatives.

why the white knighting? You can build a hundred bridges, but fuck one goat and you're not a bridge builder you're a goatfucker. 
View Quote

Ok, that's pretty good
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 11:08:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 11:48:57 PM EDT
[#8]
All these white Knights up in here.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 12:51:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I certainly did not come up with the goatfucker line, that's an old saying 
View Quote

It was actually the first part that got me. Maybe I'm easily amused.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 1:02:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

You should have seen him at the Danger Zone fundraising party at SHOT a couple of years back.... he looks totally different in his mug.

My guess is that guys like him don't keep the same look for long.

He'll come out of this ok if everything is on the up and up-and I expect it will be.
View Quote

Unless the news story is a total fabrication, what about this would be on "the up and up"? Dude got drunk and shot another guy. Accidental, negligence, maybe he twirls his pistols around like Yosemite Sam when he's sauced, don't know and it doesn't matter. But it's a severe show of poor judgment from somebody who intends to make a living as an instructor.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 1:06:39 AM EDT
[#11]
View Quote

LOL, I'm saving that one.

My favorite part of any thread about this guy or the Roland Special is the litany of Tier 1 Tactical Corporate Jargon that's used to describe his background and defend his honor. Things like "Meat Eater" and "Face Shooter" are the tactical equivalent of "Paradigm Shift" and "Synergy".
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 1:22:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Ever seen a volunteer fire department where half the members were hose sniffers, the other half were firebugs and the one thing they all had in common was a love for flashing red lights and sirens on their personal vehicles?
Yea... the Lake Arthur police reserve program is something like that.
View Quote

Wait, that doesn't describe 99 percent of all volunteer fire fighters?
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:14:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So what. Who cares.

I think you're getting a little out of line here. I know several "reserve (pretend) officers" who I would rather go knocking on doors with than the "full time guys". Many of the full timers are complacent and are looking towards retirement or won't do the dirty work. I was a commissioned reserve at one time, with solo status, and you wouldn't believe how many MDT messages I got to "head their way" when certain "full time guys" were doing warrant searches. They didn't want certain guys (yes, full time) from neighboring districts to do it with them.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:36:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I think you're getting a little out of line here. I know several "reserve (pretend) officers" who I would rather go knocking on doors with than the "full time guys". Many of the full timers are complacent and are looking towards retirement or won't do the dirty work. I was a commissioned reserve at one time, with solo status, and you wouldn't believe how many MDT messages I got to "head their way" when certain "full time guys" were doing warrant searches. They didn't want certain guys (yes, full time) from neighboring districts to do it with them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So what. Who cares.

Again, we are talking about a town of four hundred and some people who posters say they have spent time with several reserve officers from.  This is a town that makes no sense they have a police department in the first place, let alone one with a massive reserve program.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:48:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Again, we are talking about a town of four hundred and some people who posters say they have spent time with several reserve officers from.  This is a town that makes no sense they have a police department in the first place, let alone one with a massive reserve program.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So what. Who cares.

It's about this guy having all the privledges and none of the responsibilities. Not about if reserve guys are better or worse than full time.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:52:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

It's about this guy having all the privledges and none of the responsibilities. Not about if reserve guys are better or worse than full time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So what. Who cares.

Exactly.  I wonder how often he even makes it to the middle of nowhere NM to do,his reserve time.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:56:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 8:18:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Police, the Armed Forces, Firefighters, and Gun Owners are all massive in numbers of people and are a cross section of society.

Sadly, the dumb asses make the news and ruin it for the good guys. Good news doesn't sell. Shit birds make the news.

As a prior service guy (nothing special at all), as a current cop that started as a reserve cop, and as a gun owner. Fuck this ass hat.

I'm tired of the tacticool shit that has sprouted up. Sure, I enjoyed itnat one point and respect the advancements in design and development. But come on..... Middle America ain't Moss Eisley or Mosel. 

The Tacticool idiots are making me more fudd every day. I have more respect right now for two guys. The Host of Forgotten Weapons and the Host of C&Rsenal. Both are entertaining, educated, and aren't going over the top with stupid shit.

Jeff Cooper would be rolling in his grave right now. I know Mossad Ayoob ain't happy with these 'tarded fucks either. 

The Tapout Shirts, 5.11 Pants/Shorts, Morale Patches on Hats/Operator Aoft Shell Jackets, Oakleys, and Operating/Shit Talk Lingo is fucking making this annoying as hell.

Give me a tucked in tshirt, jeans, boots, good belt, and a normal ball cap and I'll be happy. Tone down the Hardcore Lingo and just speak like a normal experienced person and I'll listen. Enough of looking like your daily carry is rolling through the Galls catalog and gearing up for Modern Warfare 3 LARPing. 
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 8:24:03 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I don't have a problem with any of that.

More people carrying the better on average.

Shooting somebody is a whole different matter, drunk or sober.
View Quote

Agreed. Shit, where do I sign up.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 8:30:47 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

I wonder how many people have actually served with Pressburg in this thread?
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 8:34:37 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Police, the Armed Forces, Firefighters, and Gun Owners are all massive in numbers of people and are a cross section of society.

Sadly, the dumb asses make the news and ruin it for the good guys. Good news doesn't sell. Shit birds make the news.

As a prior service guy (nothing special at all), as a current cop that started as a reserve cop, and as a gun owner. Fuck this ass hat.

I'm tired of the tacticool shit that has sprouted up. Sure, I enjoyed itnat one point and respect the advancements in design and development. But come on..... Middle America ain't Moss Eisley or Mosel. 

The Tacticool idiots are making me more fudd every day. I have more respect right now for two guys. The Host of Forgotten Weapons and the Host of C&Rsenal. Both are entertaining, educated, and aren't going over the top with stupid shit.

Jeff Cooper would be rolling in his grave right now. I know Mossad Ayoob ain't happy with these 'tarded fucks either. 

The Tapout Shirts, 5.11 Pants/Shorts, Morale Patches on Hats/Operator Aoft Shell Jackets, Oakleys, and Operating/Shit Talk Lingo is fucking making this annoying as hell.

Give me a tucked in tshirt, jeans, boots, good belt, and a normal ball cap and I'll be happy. Tone down the Hardcore Lingo and just speak like a normal experienced person and I'll listen. Enough of looking like your daily carry is rolling through the Galls catalog and gearing up for Modern Warfare 3 LARPing. 
View Quote

Amen.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 8:36:08 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 8:37:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

It sounds like the PD's real mission is to exist as a means to get members of their little club status under LEOSA.  

Basically the right's version of the small-time government corruption the left is so good at.

I'm not even mad, I'm impressed.  
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 8:43:21 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 8:50:08 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

The state of New Mexico has an excellent state run reserve program with the New Mexico Mounted Patrol.
A certified NMMP officer can work under any department in the state.
It makes zero sense for a town like Lake Arthur to have its own reserve program instead of utilizing the NMMP program.
Unless you wanted to avoid accountability...

Like I stated earlier, just do a Google Maps streetview tour of Lake Arthur. Look at its proximity to Artesia.
Tell me with a straight face that the Chaves SO couldn't handle all that towns policing duties with State Police assistance and a mutual aid agreement with Artesia.
Every time I drive down Hwy 2 there is at least one State Police officer patrolling between Lake Arthur and Hagerman because that road is an awesome speed trap.
If... IF the town needs a full time police officer and a few reserves why not utilize the well established and vetted NM Mounted Patrol program?

It's fuckery in the first degree.
I'm guessing this fiasco may kill the Chiefs little racket.
A state/fed investigation into the reserve programs "armory" would be interesting as well.
Buying LE machine guns and suppressors on letterhead but using personal funds and then the department "issuing" those weapons to a reserve officer who lives out of state and never actually works...
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 9:32:32 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 9:36:35 AM EDT
[#27]
Somebody broke at least one or two basic rules of firearms.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 9:45:11 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't have a problem with any of that.

More people carrying the better on average.

Shooting somebody is a whole different matter, drunk or sober.

That's just it.  You can't sign up unless you are a former action guy with a high internet profile  (or perhaps a recognized firearms trainer that the chief wants to befriend.)

(To be fair, we don't know exactly what the Chief William Norwood is doing with that reserve program, and how many badges he has handed out.  Posters have said Pressburg isn't the only one, but that would be hard to confirm.  I doubt people are going to start volunteering that they are Lake Arthur NM reserve police officers.)

-----------------------

To the minority that wonders why the rest of the internet isn't #allinforchuck =  it's not that we wanted to see a decorated vet with an incredible military service fail.   The whole thing stunk from the beginning.  From B.E. Meyers press release saying the media had spun things - uh, no they hadn't.  They reported what the police told them.  I'd like to see B.E. Meyers put out another press release telling us "to question the narrative provided to them by the RESPONDING POLICE OFFICERS" instead of Oregon media, since that's what we were actually reading.  That wouldn't go over very well with the target audience.

Then it comes out he's 3x the legal driving limit.

Then the curtains get pulled back on this reserve officer program which proves some are a little more equal than others.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 9:48:07 AM EDT
[#29]
I can see this being plead down to a misdemeanor.  Especially when the BIL's memory suddenly and suspiciously starts to fade - just like the victim of domestic violence that decides she doesn't want to send the bread winner to the hoosegow.

Pressburg keeps his gun rights and works quietly behind the scenes in the gun industry.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:24:38 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

....or the Roland Special is the litany of Tier 1 Tactical Corporate Jargon that's used to describe his background and defend his honor. Things like "Meat Eater" and "Face Shooter" are the tactical equivalent of "Paradigm Shift" and "Synergy".
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:27:36 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

I wonder if this is the first time a "Roland Special" has been used to shoot a human being?
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:33:20 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

The state of New Mexico has an excellent state run reserve program with the New Mexico Mounted Patrol.
It makes zero sense for a town like Lake Arthur to have its own reserve program instead of utilizing the NMMP program.

Like I stated earlier, just do a Google Maps streetview tour of Lake Arthur. Look at its proximity to Artesia.
Tell me with a straight face that the Chaves SO couldn't handle all that towns policing duties with State Police assistance and a mutual aid agreement with Artesia.
Every time I drive down Hwy 2 there is at least one State Police officer patrolling between Lake Arthur and Hagerman because that road is an awesome speed trap.
If... IF the town needs a full time police officer and a few reserves why not utilize the well established and vetted NM Mounted Patrol program?

A state/fed investigation into the reserve programs "armory" would be interesting as well.
Buying LE machine guns and suppressors on letterhead but using personal funds and then the department "issuing" those weapons to a reserve officer who lives out of state and never actually works...
View Quote

Presumably the Mayor/City Council is aware of all this right? What's in it for them to allow this to continue?
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:38:42 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I wonder if this is the first time a "Roland Special" has been used to shoot a human being?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wonder what the jury charge would be? "If you find that you never served with Roland, fuck you, you must find him not guilty"
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:40:40 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Presumably the Mayor/City Council is aware of all this right? What's in it for them to allow this to continue?
View Quote

There's the Mayor and the "city council" has two members...
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:42:15 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your jealousy is really starting to show.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:43:12 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

My intense dislike for public corruption is what's showing.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:45:47 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Does personal service with him change anything? If the details are correct and he really had an ND during drunken gunplay and shot his BIL, then it's a spectacular fuckup that really is inexcusable. All you can really do is weigh this mistake against his background and decide whether you think he comes out ahead.
View Quote

No, not really, I was generally curious. Everyone is throwing his resume out like a Star Wars movie line hoping people would focus somewhere else but on his actions that night in question.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:45:49 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll stand by my statement. You are jealous.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:46:12 AM EDT
[#39]
What's no longer showing is the Presscheck Consulting Facebook page.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:49:19 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
There really isn't that much more to the story, but folks needed to come out and say something since Internet trolls were filling the airwaves with false conjecture.  

The organic hate stemmed from what was probably resentment over the dude's background, accomplishments, and fact that so many people respected him despite him revealing so little.

The silver lining of this incident is that he is going to have to go public, and eventually, tell his side of the story.  Dude spends more than 2 decades serving in the Armed Forces in a Special Operations capacity, you think people would give him the benefit of the doubt or at least not try to kick a man when he's down.
View Quote

sometimes the gun community is it's own worst enemy 
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:50:38 AM EDT
[#41]
Where are all the guys that were calling Zimmerman a fatty dollar cop wannabe for smoking a thug in his own neighborhood now that we have an actual poser cop (prior profession being irrelevant) shooting people that don't need shooting?
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:51:57 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Where are all the guys that were calling Zimmerman a fatty dollar cop wannabe for smoking a thug in his own neighborhood now that we have an actual poser cop (prior profession being irrelevant) shooting people that don't need shooting?
View Quote

Hiding in Somalia?
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:53:53 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

I would say condemning somebody who was by all appearances and also the apparent testimony of the responding officers completely and wholly negligent in the use of a firearm when he should have known better is the self-policing the gun community needs, rather than making excuses for some guy nobody had ever heard of previous to this just because he was tier 1.

Aren't we all about personal accountability and safety? Isn't that part of the reason to carry a firearm?
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:58:38 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 12:00:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I'll stand by my statement. You are jealous.
View Quote

If i'm on the opposite side of this subject than you, then I am 100% good with that.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 12:07:35 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There really isn't that much more to the story, but folks needed to come out and say something since Internet trolls were filling the airwaves with false conjecture.  

The organic hate stemmed from what was probably resentment over the dude's background, accomplishments, and fact that so many people respected him despite him revealing so little.

The silver lining of this incident is that he is going to have to go public, and eventually, tell his side of the story.  Dude spends more than 2 decades serving in the Armed Forces in a Special Operations capacity, you think people would give him the benefit of the doubt or at least not try to kick a man when he's down.

You're right. It's a shame that so many in the gun community find themselves falling so deeply into the cult of personality that they're blinded to the idea that a 20-year veteran of military special operations should be more responsible with a firearm, rather than just giving him the benefit of the doubt.

I guarantee that if he were a 20-year 1SG or CSM of a Ranger company/BN and one of his soldiers had drunkenly shot one of their relatives, that soldier would be looking at a world of personal and professional Hell.

Pressberg shouldn't get a free ride because of his background. In fact, he should be held to a higher standard because of it. Unfortunately, familiarity breeds complacency, and it sure seems like he'd handled enough guns while drunk that he thought he was immune from fucking up. It's the people with the most familiarity with firearms who have to always remember to more vigilant, so they don't fall victim to overconfidence caused by their own expertise.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 12:12:34 PM EDT
[#47]
I doubt that a felony conviction would be in the interests of justice but I wonder is there's an alcohol problem here that needs to handled.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 12:25:45 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A standard officer requires the mayor to swear them in.  In that town the chief can swear in reserve officers.  I wouldn't be surprised if the mayor didn't know how many liabilities were running around on the city's name.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 12:26:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

as i said earlier. The lesson, to future members of the military trying to transition to the civilian gun culture is this. You must be brutally honest about your background and correct any misinformation posted by sycophants, no matter how well meaning. Lest you be held to the impossible standards set by such exaggeration.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 12:30:10 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

Do you even TacLife®, bro?

If not, stay in your lane because we have your number.
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top