Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 14
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 1:30:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Not many details of what happened, but here are the charges.

#1 ASSAULT 3RD DEG
STATUTE: #163.165 ( Felony)

#2 NEGLIGENTLY WOUNDING ANOTHER
STATUTE: #166.180 ( Misdemeanor)

#3 UNLAWFUL USE OF WEAPON
STATUTE: #166.220 ( Felony)

#4 RECKLESSLY ENDANGERING
STATUTE: #163.195 ( Misdemeanor)
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 1:30:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Nevermind
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 1:52:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The light and red dot are no issue but I don't think the comp on my g35 does anything without super hot ammo. I can't imagine the 9mm making a real difference except in people's heads.

Even if you are building open guns you will hear plenty of people talking about needing more gas to "drive" a comp. 38 supercomp, 40L, 9 major get use out of them I guess but I was thoroughly underwhelmed and can't imagine that it does a lot with a normal 9.
View Quote

If comps with Minor ammo didn't do a thing, they would not be used in events without Major scoring. Having shot several different 9 Major pistols with factory standard pressure ammo, it's obvious to me a comp is much better than without one. The difference between a slow powder Major load and a medium burn rate powder factory load is much smaller than the difference between a comp and no comp. For load development and other purposes, I've also shot quite a few (several thousands) of rounds of 9 Major ammo from an otherwise identical pistol but without a comp (and so also with heavier springs).

However, you need some level of experience with pistols in general to feel the differences. Most less experienced shooters are unable to tell 10% differences in momentum (PF) between two loads or between the powder burn rate of two loads with the same bullet momentum but a very different recoil impulse (and total recoil) due to a say 25% difference in the powder charge weight.

It should be noted though that the recoil difference from a compensator is not all from the different vectors of the muzzle pressure, but also due to increased barrel mass, different timing and different springing. You could get some significant percentage of the effect by simply screwing or welding a barrel weight of the same mass as the comp, but using the same springs as the comped pistol.

Personally I would not carry a comped pistol for self defense because of the hearing damage and concussion issue. A much better solution for improvements in recoil control for a CCW pistol is the exact opposite, a heavy bullet fast powder load that has less recoil than a factory load (for the same momentum), but at the same time produces much _less_ muzzle pressure. A huge comp in a HD rifle is a very good thing, because you are assured to have hearing protection on when using it. A CCW piece, not so much.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 1:53:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Not many details of what happened, but here are the charges.

#1 ASSAULT 3RD DEG
STATUTE: #163.165 ( Felony)

#2 NEGLIGENTLY WOUNDING ANOTHER
STATUTE: #166.180 ( Misdemeanor)

#3 UNLAWFUL USE OF WEAPON
STATUTE: #166.220 ( Felony)

#4 RECKLESSLY ENDANGERING
STATUTE: #163.195 ( Misdemeanor)
View Quote

I hope that he gets past this and all involved heal up well.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 1:59:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I've known SGM Pressburg for well over 10 years.   I consider him a friend and have a great deal of respect for him.  

Chuck is the real deal.  From Rangers to AWG and then recently retired from the CAG.  

He made it his mission to be a warrior, and to do his best both to train and equip good guys.  

The story is vague, no one truly knows what happened least of all folks here.

Maybe sit down and give the man who's devoted his life to this country the benifit of innocent until proven guilty.
View Quote

I only know him through P&S, but don't you think that's a bit shitty to throw his background out knowing the man enjoyed his PERSEC?
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 2:04:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
While Asymmetric Warfare Group dudes (Delta type unit)..........
View Quote

Lol, no.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 2:09:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I only know him through P&S, but don't you think that's a bit shitty to throw his background out knowing the man enjoyed his PERSEC?
View Quote

Kevin is aware of what the guy desires with regards to PERSEC.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 2:12:30 PM EDT
[#8]
I like how he keeps an AR in the shitter.

He said if he ever gets taken out though a gun in every room won't matter because someone will probably blast him with a shotty through the windows while he's laid back in the recliner.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 2:34:39 PM EDT
[#9]
You'd think a guy with a high speed low drag background would know better than to handle a loaded firearm while drinking / getting intoxicated.
No matter that he doesn't care what anybody thinks of him, his podcasts and Facebook page will come up during the inevitable civil proceedings and will cost him a pretty penny.
If his chief has any sense, "Roland Special" will be a former reserve officer once he's found guilty of the accidental/negligent assault.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 2:34:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
AD in to some dudes leg drunk at a bar? Das it mane.
View Quote
I have no dog in this fight , had not even heard of this man before

Hopefully it's all some misunderstanding but there is little room for alternative interpretation of this in the article 
(And the charges fit this narrative as well )

Police say Pressburg was intoxicated when he unintentionally discharged a handgun and shot another man in the leg. 
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 3:19:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Maybe Kevin  knows, but did "Chuck" used to post over at Lightfighter years ago?
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 3:23:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Maybe Kevin  knows, but did "Chuck" used to post over at Lightfighter years ago?
View Quote

Yes
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 3:24:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Yes
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes

Thought so. Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 3:46:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

And maybe a device like the Striker Control Device is a worthwhile addition after all.
View Quote

The Walther PPS comes equipped standard with that. Easy and intuitive to just place your thumb on the back of the slide.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 3:53:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

The Walther PPS comes equipped standard with that. Easy and intuitive to just place your thumb on the back of the slide.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And maybe a device like the Striker Control Device is a worthwhile addition after all.

I don't think so.  I believe that the PPS has an indicator, not a passive safety that one may use to override the striker's movement.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 4:04:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
So he's just a reserve cop?

After all the operator face shooter macho posturing going back months? A part time cop?
View Quote

Boozing and carrying a gun is never the right thing to do.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 4:12:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Rossmore Street in Oregon appears residential.  Likely not a bar.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 4:20:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
an "offensive" handgun, used in situations where the only weapon the soldier/agent has is a handgun, for whatever reason.
View Quote

Tubular assaults.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 4:25:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I don't think so.  I believe that the PPS has an indicator, not a passive safety that one may use to override the striker's movement.
View Quote

Well it may not be a feature, but it works

The striker moves back a little over 1/8" and you can physically feel it jabbing you. You can stop movement with your thumb.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 4:48:45 PM EDT
[#20]
HR218 is a reason some guys hold a reserve officer title.  Seems evident on "why".
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 4:56:01 PM EDT
[#21]
sounds like a complete clusterfuck

The overall "hey guys lets wait and see" vibe is interesting at best and completely fucking left wing-esqe hypocritical at worst when considering that he was combining alcohol/firearms and apparently did so regularly to excess when people get absolutely demolished on here regularly for the same or even less. YMMV though.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 5:26:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
sounds like a complete clusterfuck

The overall "hey guys lets wait and see" vibe is interesting at best and completely fucking left wing-esqe hypocritical at worst when considering that he was combining alcohol/firearms and apparently did so regularly to excess when people get absolutely demolished on here regularly for the same or even less. YMMV though.
View Quote

To be fair, if you've ever dealt with a similar situation you know that up-front details can be extremely skewed.

I've been in the orbit of similar habbenings, and some of the assumptions that were made by people were completely one-eighty from reality.

"Combining" alcohol and firearms could compose very different ends of the spectrum.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 5:34:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
How is sticking a reddot, light, and compensator on a gun being an

Inventor
View Quote
I should say he "coined the term".
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 5:41:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
HR218 is a reason some guys hold a reserve officer title.  Seems evident on "why".
View Quote

That's what I figured.  (and in this person's case, perhaps to better understand the cops that he's teaching. THough i question how much he's learning about be a cop  as a reserve officer in a town in New Mexico with a population of 436.)

)

Next question is if some BS reserve gig (Steven Seagal-style) also gives you HR218 privileges without going through a formal academy.  

Would be kinda shitty if guys are getting hooked up with "reserve officer" gigs in BFE just because the chief wants to rub shoulders with a former action guy.

Maybe Pressburg is from there and goes back home to visit folks and pulls some shifts.  But I'm guessing its something else.  I'm guessing here, but wonder if he befriended that police chief online through his prolific postings and the chief hooked him up.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 5:47:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

I assumed he was the guy that went by Basicload and left Lightfighter the same time the others left Lightfighter to start P&S.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 6:48:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

To be fair, if you've ever dealt with a similar situation you know that up-front details can be extremely skewed.

I've been in the orbit of similar habbenings, and some of the assumptions that were made by people were completely one-eighty from reality.

"Combining" alcohol and firearms could compose very different ends of the spectrum.
View Quote

errr nvr mind.

Screw Charles B., all I am gonna say!
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 6:53:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I assumed he was the guy that went by Basicload and left Lightfighter the same time the others left Lightfighter to start P&S.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, he went by Basicload over at LF.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 7:11:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

You don't know Kevin and you don't know Chuck.  I would take that as a clue that maybe you should refrain from commenting.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 7:24:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

You don't know Kevin and you don't know Chuck.  I would take that as a clue that maybe you should refrain from commenting.
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 7:30:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

+1
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

That goes for most of the people posting in this thread.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 7:31:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Bannnnnnned in NY! (I think)
View Quote

Alles est in New York gebanned.  Alles.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 7:34:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Relax.  Being concerned about PERSEC is never a bad thing.  

If he doesn't know Kevin or Chuck, then how could he know it was kosher for Kevin to talk about Chuck's background?  

(it was an open secret that Basicload was SFOD on LF)
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 8:53:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 11:27:33 PM EDT
[#34]
http://www.usnews.com/news/oregon/articles/2017-02-17/officer-from-new-mexico-pleads-not-guilty-in-oregon-shooting

EUGENE, Ore. (AP) — A reserve police officer from southeastern New Mexico has pleaded not guilty to charges he shot his brother-in-law in the leg while in Oregon.

The Register-Guard newspaper reports (http://registerguard.com/rg/news/local/35292810-75/story.csp ) 44-year-old Charles Pressburg entered the pleas Friday in Eugene. He's charged with misdemeanor assault and negligently wounding another.

Police wrote in court documents that Pressburg's blood-alcohol level was 0.25 percent about an hour after last week's shooting — more than three times the legal limit for a driver.

According to investigators, the victim said the men were drinking when Pressburg pulled out the gun. He said he didn't know why he was shot. Pressburg and his wife allegedly told police the shooting was accidental.

The court filing says the victim suffered broken bones in one of his legs.

Pressburg has been released on bail. He's a reserve officer in Lake Arthur, New Mexico.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 11:47:16 PM EDT
[#35]
http://registerguard.com/rg/news/local/35292810-75/story.csp#

Reserve police officer from New Mexico shoots and wounds relative in Eugene during bout of heavy late-night drinking, police say

A man identified by Eugene police as a reserve police officer from New Mexico has pleaded not guilty to misdemeanor charges for shooting his brother-in-law in the leg last weekend.

Charles Michael Pressburg, 44, entered the pleas Friday in Lane County Circuit Court. Lane County prosecutors have charged him with negligently wounding another and fourth-degree assault.

Eugene police officer Neil Biallas wrote in a probable-cause affidavit filed in court that Pressburg’s blood-alcohol level was measured at 0.253 percent roughly one hour after the shooting. That’s more than three times the level at which a driver is automatically considered to be intoxicated, under state law.

Biallas wrote that he arrived at the Rossmore Street home to find a 64-year-old man bleeding from a gunshot wound to one leg. Medics said the shot had broken bones in leg, Biallas wrote. The victim’s sister recently married Pressburg, the affidavit says.

According to investigators, the victim said he and Pressburg had been drinking when Pressburg twice pulled out a gun. The victim said there was no confrontation between he and Pressburg and “he did not know why (Pressburg had) shot him,” according to the affidavit.

Biallas wrote that Pressburg appeared “highly intoxicated” and had initially said he did not know what had happened.

Pressburg then told Biallas that he had an “ND,” which prompted Biallas to ask “if by ‘ND’ he meant he shot (the victim) by accident, and he nodded his head up and down.” In law enforcement jargon, ND stands for “negligent discharge.”

Biallas said Pressburg “appeared hesitant to respond to my questions and disoriented.”
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 11:57:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 12:19:10 AM EDT
[#37]
Who hasn't had times where you want to shoot your in-laws?
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 1:11:25 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
http://www.usnews.com/news/oregon/articles/2017-02-17/officer-from-new-mexico-pleads-not-guilty-in-oregon-shooting

EUGENE, Ore. (AP) — A reserve police officer from southeastern New Mexico has pleaded not guilty to charges he shot his brother-in-law in the leg while in Oregon.

The Register-Guard newspaper reports (http://registerguard.com/rg/news/local/35292810-75/story.csp ) 44-year-old Charles Pressburg entered the pleas Friday in Eugene. He's charged with misdemeanor assault and negligently wounding another.

Police wrote in court documents that Pressburg's blood-alcohol level was 0.25 percent about an hour after last week's shooting — more than three times the legal limit for a driver.

According to investigators, the victim said the men were drinking when Pressburg pulled out the gun. He said he didn't know why he was shot. Pressburg and his wife allegedly told police the shooting was accidental.

The court filing says the victim suffered broken bones in one of his legs.

Pressburg has been released on bail. He's a reserve officer in Lake Arthur, New Mexico.
View Quote

I feel for the the victim and Pressburg. The guns should have been put up long before a .25
I'm sure it was a ND. The guy has literally shot millions of rounds through a gun. Hopefully the victim and defendant can work something out with the prosecution.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 1:37:19 AM EDT
[#39]
How can a guy that has literally shot millions of rounds through a gun be so stupid

.25 is black out drunk territory and to still be doing that at his age, Jesus.

The guy needs some jail time and to get some help.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 1:52:59 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

The guy needs to get some help.
View Quote

Fixed it.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 1:55:41 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
How can a guy that has literally shot millions of rounds through a gun be so stupid

The guy needs some jail time and to get some help.
View Quote

Well, 99.9% of us have not been through what he has, nor have we accomplished what he did.

More than likely there is some underlying issues. I have dealt with that quite a bit with friends/coworkers that have been deployed and seen a lot.

Like I have said... hopefully everyone involved gets squared away and the help that they will need.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 1:57:15 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Fixed it.
View Quote

So, you get stupid drunk and play with guns..... got it.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 2:01:34 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fixed it.

Stop being a fucking douche.

What's you're resume?
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 2:07:42 AM EDT
[#44]
Well, that could make for an awkward Thanksgiving this year.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 2:07:49 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Stop being a fucking douche.

What's you're resume?
View Quote

What do you plan on accomplishing by attacking me?

A resume means nothing if they end in got drunk and shot someone.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 2:24:42 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Well, 99.9% of us have not been through what he has, nor have we accomplished what he did.

More than likely there is some underlying issues. I have dealt with that quite a bit with friends/coworkers that have been deployed and seen a lot.

Like I have said... hopefully everyone involved gets squared away and the help that they will need.
View Quote

I understand what you're saying, but all of that means exactly fuck-all when a guy who didn't need to get shot is shot by some guy voluntarily intoxicated.
Don't get me wrong,  I'm not being holier-than-thou:  I've done some stupid shit that still makes me cringe years later.
I hope he learns something about himself gets himself together.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 2:34:41 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Sounds like AD or ND.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

One of the charges was negligent wounding. I don't think that would be one of the charges if he intentionally shot someone in self defense.

Sounds like AD or ND.

Guns and Alcohol do not go together

will see what the story is
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 2:54:04 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I understand what you're saying, but all of that means exactly fuck-all when a guy who didn't need to get shot is shot by some guy voluntarily intoxicated.
Don't get me wrong,  I'm not being holier-than-thou:  I've done some stupid shit that still makes me cringe years later.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly... most of us have done stupid shit while having drinks with friends/relatives. It happens... showing off the latest gadget or sight etc that we have. I'm not excusing the behavior but it does happen frequently among the community. Does he need to accept the responsibility of his actions? Yes he does, like a man. Do any of of know the details of the situation? No we don't.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 3:33:09 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Comps on red dot guns help keep the gun recoiling flatter.

Go shoot a G34 with a Red Dot, and then the G19 setup that way.

Which one can you get faster shots on...

That is why comped pistols are making a resurgence, and why they have migrated off the race track and into duty holsters.
View Quote

Comped pistols are making a resurgence because it's difficult to follow the dot on a slide mounted RDS.   Having one helps if you're not in the mood to play "find the dot".
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 3:40:03 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

What do you plan on accomplishing by attacking me?

A resume means nothing if they end in got drunk and shot someone.
View Quote

So a guy that has done more than 99% of the basement dwellers in this thread doesn't deserve another shake? We don't know the totality of the circumstances. It could have been what many of us have done and it ended up in a big tragedy.

Hell, the huge hero of ARFCOM GD, Michael Murphy (of Lone survivor and MOH winner) shot one of his own men in training. The Navy covered it in ribbons and a movie. He should have been removed from NSW the second that happened.

Shit happens, and the mistakes have to be learned from. Hopefully the parties involved in this heed that.
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top