Site Notices
Page / 14
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 12:43:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 1:34:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Any indication it was on purpose?  An accident can have an element of negligence, or can simply be accidental.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This was an accident?

Any indication it was on purpose?  An accident can have an element of negligence, or can simply be accidental.

He pulled the trigger after purposely pulling the gun out and pointing it at someone.

While it may be a stretch to call it an accident, you do so only by choosing to use words that minimize the event.  I know, we can just call it an event.  That's technically correct and minimizes what happened even more.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 1:34:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Not mine to repeat.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah don't leave us hanging

Not mine to repeat.

Oh great. So Bigfoot is a NM reserve cop too.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 1:48:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I have a fairly solid theory.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty sure it's all a front for Monster Hunters International.

Pressburg was victim of a long con by a succubus posing as his wife to lull him into a drunken stupor so the vampire posing as his BIL could kill him .

Fortunately Pressburg is OAF and saw through it all even shit faced drunk and was able to stop the attack 
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 2:44:59 PM EDT
[#5]
He talked about wanting to volunteer with the Police/fed police to chase down people with warrants and stuff in podcasts when he talked about retiring. I enjoy those podcasts even though some of the other guests can be odd. ETA I'm referencing some of the special guest episodes that I didn't like as much as I thought I would. I appreciate all the time the normal panelists put in to the show.  

They are long listens but Roland is always dropping some knowledge bombs in there.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 4:07:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I think that part of it may be from when a majority clicque on a certain forum lambasted DocGKR for raising the bullshit flag and waiving it high over the LeMas ammunition fiasco. Of course, they went quiet when he was proven dead right and LeMas was proven not only to be a complete and utter fraud but also have bilked the taxpayers quite a bit.  The rest of it, I don't know.  Some people are just fucking nasty and bereft of certain moral codes many of us assume are common.  The keyboard might have a lot to do with that.
View Quote

http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29466

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?13421-LeMas-USG-Report

US Govt Lemas report

LeMas debarment letters, read the interviews
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 5:06:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 5:25:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Wasn't lamas that nonsense about the ammo "that sensed flesh" or "only expanded in flesh" 

i remember a bunch of high speed guys pushing that stufd
View Quote

Yup.  Leozinho reminded me of that.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 5:28:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Wasn't lamas that nonsense about the ammo "that sensed flesh" or "only expanded in flesh" 

i remember a bunch of high speed guys pushing that stufd
View Quote
I thought that was the DRT powdered metal ammo

Regardless of how one feels attacking Doc is a douchebag move it was on M4C and it is here 

The man has done a ton of good work 
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 5:34:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Regardless of how one feels attacking Doc is a douchebag move it was on M4C and it is here 

View Quote

I don't know about DRT powdered metal but PRL powdered metal is real stuff and still used.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 5:36:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Lemas definitely claimed that their stuff sensed things and that forum blasted Doc for uncovering the truth, called him all sorts of names, and went silent when the government confirmed everything. Right, Leozhino?
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 5:40:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Stan Bulmer and his kid are fun to shoot pistol matches with.

Link Posted: 2/24/2017 6:07:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Stan Bulmer and his kid are fun to shoot pistol matches with.

View Quote

DocGKR is fun to hang out with
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 6:29:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Pressburg was victim of a long con by a succubus posing as his wife to lull him into a drunken stupor so the vampire posing as his BIL could kill him .

Fortunately Pressburg is OAF and saw through it all even shit faced drunk and was able to stop the attack 
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But now Agent Franks wants to have a chat with him...
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 6:29:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

DocGKR is fun to hang out with
View Quote

I'd guess yes
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 6:39:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 6:46:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Same thing.  Bubba B was both.

PRL went defunct and DRT started loading their own ammo.  Others loss it too.  

Don't mistake LeMas 'Blended HorseShit' tm with real ammo.
View Quote

Who is making the 87gr bullets Black Hills loads for DEVGRU? I thought they were PRL bullets?
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 8:58:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Those ammo threads were great.. the good Ole days....sigh,,,
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 9:11:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Those ammo threads were great.. the good Ole days....sigh,,,
View Quote

They migrated to Pistol-Forum.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 10:53:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I am. I can identify retreads too. See you next time.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/25/2017 1:48:29 PM EDT
[#21]
I've listened to a number of podcasts with "Roland" participating at some level.  I found him to be:
1.  Very smart, very perceptive and insightful.  His discussions on the politics involving the Big Army, Rangers and unspecified SOF were very interesting.
2.  Very experienced.  He has done a lot, seen a lot and lived a lot of life.  Something as simple as his way of keeping his feet warm in a bivvy is great but there is much, much more.
3.  Very knowledgeable.  He seems very curious and does what it takes to understand and figure it out.
4.  Great storyteller.
5.  Profound comments about human nature and himself.

And none of the above has anything to do with guns.  I was so taken with his story about Lt Col Stanley McChrystal's discussion with him that "always having to be right and getting his way" was not a path to success was so good, I saved the episode to replay it with my young adult son.

I don't know him or have any connection with him but truly wish him the best.  Like most of us, he is flawed and is probably struggling with demons.

For anyone who knows, what was his rank at retirement?  Sergeant Major?
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 1:53:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I've listened to a number of podcasts with "Roland" participating at some level.  I found him to be:
1.  Very smart, very perceptive and insightful.  His discussions on the politics involving the Big Army, Rangers and unspecified SOF were very interesting.
2.  Very experienced.  He has done a lot, seen a lot and lived a lot of life.  Something as simple as his way of keeping his feet warm in a bivvy is great but there is much, much more.
3.  Very knowledgeable.  He seems very curious and does what it takes to understand and figure it out.
4.  Great storyteller.

And none of the above has anything to do with guns.  I was so taken with his story about Lt Col Stanley McChrystal's discussion with him that "always having to be right and getting his way" was not a path to success was so good, I saved the episode to replay it with my young adult son.

I don't know him or have any connection with him but truly wish him the best.  Like most of us, he is flawed and is probably struggling with demons.

View Quote

Great post, post whore
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 1:57:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 1:57:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
4.  Great storyteller.

View Quote

Any good podcast names.  Sounds interesting
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 1:58:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 2:01:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Its the Primary and Secondary Modcast.

They're on youtube and stitcher
View Quote

Thank ya
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 3:19:37 PM EDT
[#27]
One question that hasn't been answered yet.

What round for brother in law?
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 3:32:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you now implying you are site staff and can give members access to the military forum?

Link Posted: 2/25/2017 3:37:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Thank ya
View Quote

The P&S modcasts are great, the amount of knowledge they put out for free is stunning. I (selfishly) hope nothing happens to Roland because I've always wanted to train with him.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 5:35:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
One question that hasn't been answered yet.

What round for brother in law?
View Quote

Well, obviously it's not what Chuck was carrying, as it seems to have had little effect.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 8:00:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 8:21:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

The P&S modcasts are great, the amount of knowledge they put out for free is stunning. I (selfishly) hope nothing happens to Roland because I've always wanted to train with him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank ya

What is P&S??
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 8:28:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

What is P&S??
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank ya

What is P&S??

Primary & Secondary
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 12:14:12 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Other trainers manage to get around without reserve status (unless all these others got hooked up and are keeping it on the DL like Pressburg).  I know Ernest Langdon is/was a reserve officer, but he strikes me as very earnest and didn't keep it a secret, so I have no reason to think he wasn't serious about it.

Either way, that's not a "special mission" by any definition and not something that should  concern the Lake Arthur Police Department.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Special missions" probably meaning teaching classes for ban state cops, you'd need a badge hook up if you were never a real cop to travel around with a pistol. Interesting that it sounds like he wasn't the only one who found a badge hook up in this small town. Wonder if the town was  known on the training circuit.

Other trainers manage to get around without reserve status (unless all these others got hooked up and are keeping it on the DL like Pressburg).  I know Ernest Langdon is/was a reserve officer, but he strikes me as very earnest and didn't keep it a secret, so I have no reason to think he wasn't serious about it.

Either way, that's not a "special mission" by any definition and not something that should  concern the Lake Arthur Police Department.

Langdon asked me to tell folks here that he has not been a part of the Lake Arthur reserve program for years.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 1:36:23 AM EDT
[#35]
[comment removed, warning issued - Paul]
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 4:59:52 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Again, I ask, why so personal?  What did he do to you?
View Quote

2 answers

1. From the facts as they are reported, accidentally shooting someone while having a BAC of .25 is especially bad--especially for the former member of an elite unit.

2. A lot of guys would give their right nut to be a true Spec Ops soldier like Roland/Chuck and to have led the heroic life he has and survived.  But 99,999 percent of the people who aspire to it could never come close to making it into the units, developing his level of skill, fighting the fight that he fought.  Soooo, when someone of his stature has a fuckup that they never had, it makes some people feel better about themselves and self righteous.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 9:23:55 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

2 answers

1. From the facts as they are reported, accidentally shooting someone while having a BAC of .25 is especially bad--especially for the former member of an elite unit.

2. A lot of guys would give their right nut to be a true Spec Ops soldier like Roland/Chuck and to have led the heroic life he has and survived.  But 99,999 percent of the people who aspire to it could never come close to making it into the units, developing his level of skill, fighting the fight that he fought.  Soooo, when someone of his stature has a fuckup that they never had, it makes some people feel better about themselves and self righteous.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Again, I ask, why so personal?  What did he do to you?

2 answers

/thread.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 2:38:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

2 answers

View Quote

Spot on.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 3:46:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
4.  Great storyteller.

View Quote

Totally agree. I've listened to a majority of those and the one you referenced as well. I also agree that he is having a rough time right now based on the more recent episodes and transitioning in general. I pray he makes it through.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 6:19:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

2 answers

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/26/2017 8:00:49 PM EDT
[#41]
I have defended Arfcom on other boards, sometimes to my own detriment, because in general I think it's a good place to be a member, to learn, to laugh, to buy and sell, to meet interesting people.

And then there are times in which I am embarrassed by, and ashamed of, it.  This thread is one of those times.

I dont know this Chuck fella.  I have had private conversations with him via PMs.  That is the extent to my "knowing" him.  I dont call him friend, I dont call him acquaintance.  I dont call him anything really.  My thoughts on this matter are simple; whatever the consequences of his actions, he should accept them.

I havent read the entirety of this thread, but agree/disagree with Dr Roberts, minimizing him in anyway is a slap in the face and insult.  Hopefully our Mods and Staff have the sense enough to handle that.  Doc, on behalf of those of us that know, understand, and appreciate your contributions, I apologize.

This board sometimes...
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 10:05:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I have defended Arfcom on other boards, sometimes to my own detriment, because in general I think it's a good place to be a member, to learn, to laugh, to buy and sell, to meet interesting people.

And then there are times in which I am embarrassed by, and ashamed of, it.  This thread is one of those times.

I dont know this Chuck fella.  I have had private conversations with him via PMs.  That is the extent to my "knowing" him.  I dont call him friend, I dont call him acquaintance.  I dont call him anything really.  My thoughts on this matter are simple; whatever the consequences of his actions, he should accept them.

I havent read the entirety of this thread, but agree/disagree with Dr Roberts, minimizing him in anyway is a slap in the face and insult.  Hopefully our Mods and Staff have the sense enough to handle that.  Doc, on behalf of those of us that know, understand, and appreciate your contributions, I apologize.

This board sometimes...
View Quote

I agree for the most part.

I've watched so many knowledgeable people flee from here it's not even funny. I have no idea how to run a successful forum but I know that trying to make everyone happy. There are definitely times when members need to be trashed rather than protected in the name of freeish speech.

I will most likely always be a member here. I try not to start shit and love the depth of knowledge here. I just wish we didn't have so many bouts of high school bullshit.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 10:17:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/26/2017 10:47:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

This board sometimes...
View Quote

Well said.  I had the privilege of hanging out w/ Dr Roberts in person a few months ago.  A more passionate 2nd Amendment and Constitutional advocate, we do not have, not to mention that he can probably outshoot most of his detractors.  I know folks will raise the bullshit flag on me saying this but oh well...he's doing more for our cause than most will ever know.  

This thread is an embarrassment to the community, to a few involved, and to this site.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 11:34:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 12:02:09 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

So the PD is some elaborate front which the Fed Gov uses to certify former secret squirrel types so that they can once again perform secret squirrel type things on behalf of the fed gov?

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/19/d7/03/19d703df446b37acc5825a54f6c5615f.jpg
View Quote

It's like an episode of The Unit.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 12:03:47 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
He talked about wanting to volunteer with the Police/fed police to chase down people with warrants and stuff in podcasts when he talked about retiring. I enjoy those podcasts even though some of the other guests can be odd. ETA I'm referencing some of the special guest episodes that I didn't like as much as I thought I would. I appreciate all the time the normal panelists put in to the show.  

They are long listens but Roland is always dropping some knowledge bombs in there.
View Quote

I agree. I love listening to Roland or Steve Fisher. I could pass on most others.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 12:06:14 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Right, so who was it who changed his board name to "dentist" and chased him off a "site where professionals are valued and happy to participate"?

View Quote

Stop right there.  You mean TOS, the one where I very publicly ragequit over the exact incident you described?  I'm pretty sure you meant that one, I'm pretty sure you didn't know that I cussed them up and down publicly over what they did to DocGKR.  I'll dig up the actual post since they disappeared it.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 11:33:40 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Stop right there.  You mean TOS, the one where I very publicly ragequit over the exact incident you described?  I'm pretty sure you meant that one, I'm pretty sure you didn't know that I cussed them up and down publicly over what they did to DocGKR.  I'll dig up the actual post since they disappeared it.
View Quote

It kinda sounds like you want this site to be more like the "professional" site you "rage quit."  I like it the way it is. You gotta have a thick skin to hang out here. Expect to be challenged even if you are a "SME", especially when you stray out of "your lane" to borrow terms from TOS.

That's what makes this site great. if you want a site that is an echo chamber full of SME and nut huggers, Im sure you can find one.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 11:54:36 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top