Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 14
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 8:31:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Oh come on, you know vacationing cops are always being chased around Manhattan and San Francisco by their arch enemies.
View Quote

I was inside a deli in times square on vacation with my pregnant wife and two friends that was robbed by two Jamaican thugs.

I'm really glad LEOSA was in effect so I could protect my family, just like I would advocate for anyone else. The cops didn't take away your nationwide carry. Quit making us the fucking enemy.

This whole Pressburg event is yet another example of people fucking frying some dude without having all the information. And we all know how accurate news reports are... I guess waiting until all the facts come out is only important if it's not someone you're jealous of.

I don't know the dude from Adam. Don't give a fuck. Would like to wait to see both sides of the story and examine the reports before I actually come to a conclusion on what actually happened. You know, just like I would with any civilian or cop who shoots someone.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 8:32:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 8:36:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I was inside a deli in times square on vacation with my pregnant wife and two friends that was robbed by two Jamaican thugs.

I'm really glad LEOSA was in effect so I could protect my family, just like I would advocate for anyone else. The cops didn't take away your nationwide carry. Quit making us the fucking enemy.

This whole Pressburg event is yet another example of people fucking frying some dude without having all the information. And we all know how accurate news reports are... I guess waiting until all the facts come out is only important if it's not someone you're jealous of.

I don't know the dude from Adam. Don't give a fuck. Would like to wait to see both sides of the story and examine the reports before I actually come to a conclusion on what actually happened. You know, just like I would with any civilian or cop who shoots someone.
View Quote

Wow.  A completely random event that could have happened to literally anyone.  That's just like meeting up with your enemy.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 8:45:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Which laws? There is one agency I know of that only has arrest authority for 17 violations, and practically speaking they don't arrest anyone. Are they less a cop to you?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But they all understand how to work a call/case and do reports and how the law is applied.

Which laws? There is one agency I know of that only has arrest authority for 17 violations, and practically speaking they don't arrest anyone. Are they less a cop to you?
Nope.... but they know of their authority and what they can and can't work.

I can't issue traffic since my agency doesn't enforce Chapter 316 of the Florida Criminal Statutes. Doesn't mean I don't understand what I can and can't work. 

I doubt Mr. Pressburg even understood an ordinance in NM let alone their State Laws since he lived in NC. 
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 8:52:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

I think what most people are making fun of at this point is is the people posting "let's wait for BOTH sides of the story! Let's let it all play out!"

The guy's charges will be reduced to a misdemeanor if that in light of his service and a decent attorney. He will walk without much issue. That won't change what happened (although sycophants will pile on anyone that dares reference it in the future, and act as if being convicted on lesser charges or walking on charges means somebody didn't actually do whatever it was, I am sure) That won't unshoot his BIL or anything like that, but what insane media collusion or smear of the guy are some of you people seeing? Based on the police report this is just cut and dry negligent drunken gun handling. Did the cop make something up to shoot his BIL and frame the dude?

Nobody is suggesting he attempted to murder his BIL. He just made a really dumb mistake; a mixture of intoxication and firearms. Based on the report from the incident he didnt make a scene and essentially fessed up to it, unless you think the cop faked the whole thing to some nefarious end. This shit happens all the time everywhere. Probably the only reason it even made a blurb at all in the news at all is because the guy is a reserve cop, and accidental shootings involving LEO tend to get at least a little coverage, if you can call the sort of article that might be found in the bottom corner of the back pages of local newspaper coverage.

Who is crucifying this guy in the court of public opinion or whatever? I haven't seen any of that in this thread, which has some impressively obsessive sperging from a select few that would challenge the very honor of any that would dare consider the fact that this guy might have negligently discharged a round into some guy while tanked.

I guess what I wonder is: when the guy walks away and the charges are dismissed (hell, I have personally seen a lot of stuff get dropped for nobodies who claimed ptsd from prior service ranging from low level dwis to assaults), are the same people going to act like it never happened? Who shot the guy in the leg, then?
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 8:53:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 8:56:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So you did what during the robbery?

And you need a gun in Manhattan more than me why exactly?

And what is the "other side of the story" you could forsee from "police say they showed up, found the defendant drunk and the victim said he shot him" If you can figure a way for him out of this you should go to law school
View Quote

Irrelevant.

I guess you failed to read : "I'm really glad LEOSA was in effect so I could protect my family, just like I would advocate for anyone else. The cops didn't take away your nationwide carry. Quit making us the fucking enemy.". I guess I shouldn't be a member of the NRA and petition for gun rights because I already have them all and don't give a fuck about you? Quit trying to us and them, especially on a board like this where you are going to actually encounter cops who believe in gun rights.

Does it fucking matter? So if YOU get in a shooting, you want the entire world to judge you by a fucking news article? I haven't seen a single news article on an event I have been involved in that has been even 90% correct. Or would you rather have, I don't know ... all the information from both sides, have a court examine the evidence, and then come to a determination of guilt or innocence?

It doesn't take a lawyer to figure that one out.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 8:59:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Say what? There are laws you can't enforce? That's bizarre 

edit you you know I think there's a restriction on Ny state park police, but if they are traveling between parks they can stop someone for a traffic violation. 
View Quote

Lots of agencies, especially federal, are pretty strictly defined in terms of what they are and aren't supposed to go after.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 9:01:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

edit you you know I think there's a restriction on Ny state park police, but if they are traveling between parks they can stop someone for a traffic violation. 
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can't issue traffic since my agency doesn't enforce Chapter 316 of the Florida Criminal Statutes. Doesn't mean I don't understand what I can and can't work. 

I doubt Mr. Pressburg even understood an ordinance in NM let alone their State Laws since he lived in NC. 

I work for a plainclothes investigative agency. We don't have anything marked let alone uniforms. If I pull someone over FHP will role up on me and think I'm one of those fake dudes that bought a surplus cop car and slapped lights on it. 
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 9:03:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I think what most people are making fun of at this point is is the people posting "let's wait for BOTH sides of the story! Let's let it all play out!"

The guy's charges will be reduced to a misdemeanor if that in light of his service and a decent attorney. He will walk without much issue. That won't change what happened (although sycophants will pile on anyone that dares reference it in the future, and act as if being convicted on lesser charges or walking on charges means somebody didn't actually do whatever it was, I am sure) That won't unshoot his BIL or anything like that, but what insane media collusion or smear of the guy are some of you people seeing? Based on the police report this is just cut and dry negligent drunken gun handling. Did the cop make something up to shoot his BIL and frame the dude?

Nobody is suggesting he attempted to murder his BIL. He just made a really dumb mistake; a mixture of intoxication and firearms. Based on the report from the incident he didnt make a scene and essentially fessed up to it, unless you think the cop faked the whole thing to some nefarious end. This shit happens all the time everywhere. Probably the only reason it even made a blurb at all in the news at all is because the guy is a reserve cop, and accidental shootings involving LEO tend to get at least a little coverage, if you can call the sort of article that might be found in the bottom corner of the back pages of local newspaper coverage.

Who is crucifying this guy in the court of public opinion or whatever? I haven't seen any of that in this thread, which has some impressively obsessive sperging from a select few that would challenge the very honor of any that would dare consider the fact that this guy might have negligently discharged a round into some guy while tanked.

I guess what I wonder is: when the guy walks away and the charges are dismissed (hell, I have personally seen a lot of stuff get dropped for nobodies who claimed ptsd from prior service ranging from low level dwis to assaults), are the same people going to act like it never happened? Who shot the guy in the leg, then?
View Quote

So you think you know the entire story, you believe the news is 100% accurate, and you are willing to decide your judgement of what happened based upon that.

This is what is wrong with the world today. Everyone thinks because they can google cock sneezes they instantly have all the information they need at their fingertips, and therefore know what the fuck is going on. Those of us who live in the real world and have been involved in the events these news idiots write about have a very different view, which has been proven over and over again. (See: hands up don't shoot).

This whole thread is crucifying the dude. If you don't think so, you aren't reading this impartially. I am in no way defending Pressburg. I am not going to judge a dude based off some podunk fucking news article, just as I would like to be treated if I dump someone or if someone shoots a person who's smashing their head on the sidewalk after they got tea and skittles..
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 9:07:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I would say the guys that are gleefully filing FOIA requests and doing their best to divulge any personal info on Pressburg, his "department," and anyone associated with said "department."

I'm not keen at all on certain aspects of the whole reserve officer thing for the same reasons most articulated in this thread.  I'm also not keen on working to possibly ruin other people's lives and careers, people that have never wronged me and that have served this country quite honorably (many continue to do so).  This entire thread reeks of arocking, but since the guys whose names are being dropped here aren't complaining, it will probably go on.

Earlier in this thread, I was told that my comparison of some in here to SJWs was wrong.  I don't think so.  Some quotes from the various definitions of the term fit a few in this thread:

The SJW's favorite activity of all is to dogpile.

The accusation of being an SJW carries implications of pursuing personal validation rather than any deep-seated conviction.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 9:10:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

So you think you know the entire story, you believe the news is 100% accurate, and you are willing to decide your judgement of what happened based upon that.

This is what is wrong with the world today. Everyone thinks because they can google cock sneezes they instantly have all the information they need at their fingertips, and therefore know what the fuck is going on. Those of us who live in the real world and have been involved in the events these news idiots write about have a very different view, which has been proven over and over again. (See: hands up don't shoot).

This whole thread is crucifying the dude. If you don't think so, you aren't reading this impartially. I am in no way defending Pressburg. I am not going to judge a dude based off some podunk fucking news article, just as I would like to be treated if I dump someone or if someone shoots a person who's smashing their head on the sidewalk after they got tea and skittles..
View Quote

There are plenty of quotes from the officer's affidavit in this article.. So are you implying that the responding officer could have been committing perjury when he wrote those words?
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 9:16:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

There are plenty of quotes from the officer's affidavit in this article.. So are you implying that the responding officer could have been committing perjury when he wrote those words?
View Quote

If I take one sentence a page for an entire book and paste it all together, will you know what the fuck the book was actually about?

Or how about you shoot someone and we just take a ten words from your statement with your attorney and just draw our conclusion about the case from those words? We get to pick them.

How fucking hard is it for you to admit "I do not have all the information"?
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 9:16:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes, I am certain that this podunk news story was a hit piece on a guy nobody outside of a small group knew by name and who is most well known as semi-popularizing a configuration for a Glock 19 only notable for including a compensator. Also, the cop was in on it, and falsified the police report. Because he's an HK fan boy out to slander glock lovers, I suppose.

This really isn't that big of a deal or hard to believe. When he walks from it, are people going to tell us how he was innocent and his BIL mysteriously started gushing blood out of his leg one evening? Since you are so well traveled and mysterious, I am sure you have spent plenty of time in a courtroom and have seen charged pled down, dismissed, or dropped. Did the drug dealer who dropped a dime really not do anything? Was the guy caught speeding really only guilty of "improper equipment"?

Generally, the simplest answer is the best and most correct. There is probably not a wide reaching media conspiracy to smear this dude. The only entertainment value of this thread is watching the catfights, although I did sort of enjoy the part about the NM reserves, especially when some random dude from VA started talking about how great the officers from that (3 man) department were and how he knew so many of them.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 9:21:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

If I take one sentence a page for an entire book and paste it all together, will you know what the fuck the book was actually about?

Or how about you shoot someone and we just take a ten words from your statement with your attorney and just draw our conclusion about the case from those words? We get to pick them.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do we have all the information?  No.

“Pressburg just pulled his gun out and it accidentally went off and shot”

Do I have enough information to form a personal opinion?  Sure.  And if it comes out later that the BIL was actually shot by an enemy that followed Pressburg from his time working the mean streets of Lake Arthur then I'll say I was wrong.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 9:22:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Yes, I am certain that this podunk news story was a hit piece on a guy nobody outside of a small group knew by name and who is most well known as semi-popularizing a configuration for a Glock 19 only notable for including a compensator. Also, the cop was in on it, and falsified the police report. Because he's an HK fan boy out to slander glock lovers, I suppose.

This really isn't that big of a deal or hard to believe. When he walks from it, are people going to tell us how he was innocent and his BIL mysteriously started gushing blood out of his leg one evening? Since you are so well traveled and mysterious, I am sure you have spent plenty of time in a courtroom and have seen charged pled down, dismissed, or dropped. Did the drug dealer who dropped a dime really not do anything? Was the guy caught speeding really only guilty of "improper equipment"?

Generally, the simplest answer is the best and most correct. There is probably not a wide reaching media conspiracy to smear this dude. The only entertainment value of this thread is watching the catfights, although I did sort of enjoy the part about the NM reserves, especially when some random dude from VA started talking about how great the officers from that (3 man) department were and how he knew so many of them.
View Quote

Did Chris Brown have his hands up and get shot in the back?

In no way did I say this was a conspiracy. I just keep saying the same shit: You do not have all the information, you were not there, and you do not know what happened. You are making a judgement without having all the information, and that is fucked up and wrong.

Why is it so fucking hard for people to admit they don't know shit? Suck up your internet ego, get over yourself, and treat others as you would expect to be treated yourself.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 9:24:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Do I have enough information to form a personal opinion?  Sure.  And if it comes out later that the BIL was actually shot by an enemy that followed Pressburg from his time working the mean streets of Lake Arthur then I'll say I was wrong.
View Quote

Congratulations, you have taken the first step towards being a reasonable and impartial adult.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 9:37:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Did Chris Brown have his hands up and get shot in the back?
View Quote

The fact soneone would bring that up to question a police report about a routine ND resulting in an injury is hilarious. This is what has gotten the thread to 11 pages, not the actual ND.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 9:37:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Congratulations, you have taken the first step towards being a reasonable and impartial adult.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's been my position literally the entire thread.  You're the one that's not trusting the responding officer's words.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 9:47:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Who was the Cuomo staffer that freaked out some euro politicians by using his laser equiped pistol as a pointer in a city planning presentation or some shit LMFAO 

Found it 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/bearingarms.com/bob-o/2014/02/17/hauer-admits-having-unauthorized-handgun-in-state-building-prior-to-waiver/amp/?client=ms-android-verizon
View Quote

More crony-ism from Cuomo and company. No surprise there
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 9:47:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I work for a plainclothes investigative agency. We don't have anything marked let alone uniforms. If I pull someone over FHP will role up on me and think I'm one of those fake dudes that bought a surplus cop car and slapped lights on it. 
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you serve your community by hiding amongst them, armed against them with special rights that they don't have?

Is that more of a mullah omar  commmunity service model or a kruschev model?

Too bad presscheckbang never did anything so righteous for his people.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 9:59:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Are we seriously comparing this situation to the Trayvon and Mike Brown shootings? Really? 

Those are two very complicated, life and death  situations involving parties who didn't know each other and got into a confrontation. Where people evaluated threats and made judgement calls. Situations with other witnesses, some of whom had questionable agendas. Situations where the the national media focused all their attention and had a clear interest in manipulating the story to support a well known narrative. 

Meanwhile, this situation involved 3 relatives in what should have been a non-confrontational, non-life threatening situation. No one was forced to make a judgement call that could be second guessed. There were no outside witnesses. The people involved are not well known, outside of a very small community. In fact, were it not for the Facebook post about it, I doubt I would know anything about it. The media has no impetus to spin the story or advance some narrative. Nor would the police have any motivation to falsify the reports that the news story was based on. It was a simple situation, with a pretty clear cut explanation. 

Saying that people who believe the news story in this case are just like the people who believed the hands up don't shoot bullshit, is insane. The mental gymnastics at play here are breathtaking. 
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:03:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

So you serve your community by hiding amongst them, armed against them with special rights that they don't have?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm more of riding a desk now and rarely get to see sunlight. But I was uniform road patrol for six years. I see myself more as the Lavrentiy Beria of the people and my office is a basement in Lubyanka prison. 

In all seriousness. I at least know what I can and can't enforce. I doubt Mr. Pressburg does. If Lake Arthur PD is a pay to play badge factory for LEOSA then that is a serious issue. Also Mr. Pressburg was shitfaced and played with guns while shitfaced. 

Nothing else matters. Is the PD honest or not? Does Mr. Pressburg know that he fucked up and will admit it and try to fix it by a number of ways?
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:07:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

The fact soneone would bring that up to question a police report about a routine ND resulting in an injury is hilarious. This is what has gotten the thread to 11 pages, not the actual ND.
View Quote

The entire point was that was the narrative that was put out by the news that was later proven to be complete fucking fabrication. If you believe everything you read, you need a reality check.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:08:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

That's been my position literally the entire thread.  You're the one that's not trusting the responding officer's words.
View Quote

No where did I question the officer. I question the news.... and I want to have ALL the information before I come to a conclusion, just as I would expect someone to treat me if I were involved in a shooting.

Craziness.

I'm done with this shit. Y'all keep swinging your purses and being omnipotent.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:09:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

The entire point was that was the narrative that was put out by the news that was later proven to be complete fucking fabrication. If you believe everything you read, you need a reality check.
View Quote
A complete fabrication? How so? Maybe I missed the original story somehow. 
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:10:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
A complete fabrication? How so? Maybe I missed the original story somehow. 
View Quote

That was in reference to "hands up don't shoot".
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:15:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

That was in reference to "hands up don't shoot".
View Quote
Gotcha. I hate the way the previous quotes are hidden now. 

And I agree with you about the media in that case. But as I said above, I think the scenarios are very different. 
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:23:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

What are these difficult assignments happening in Lake Athur that required making Pressburg and others  reserve officers?  Don't tell me its sensitive and you can't talk about it (if it was you shouldn't have mentioned it in the first pace.)
View Quote

Dude, one cop to another, STFU.  I've told Chuck Pressburg he didn't know shit about policing, to his face.  That was several years ago.  I've had decent, multi-hour/post arguments with him, both in person and online.  And, I will make fun of him when this is over for being a dumbass.  But, I will do it in person.  Yes, he fucked up. Yes, he was drunk.  BTDT, even though I haven't fucked up so spectacularly.  There is no hero worship, here.  I'm an American, an angry one.  No man is my idol.  Pat Rogers is probably laughing his ass off in heaven, trying to coin a super-moosecock for Chuck for being a fucktard.  Chuck's a good dude who fucked up and he's still better than 99% of the never/never crowd posting in this thread.  Every one of us has clay feet.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:39:32 PM EDT
[#30]
vojta--Very well said!
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:55:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Going to the trouble of filing a foia seems really strange,  like psycho ex girlfriend stuff
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 11:08:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

So carry in your local area.  The odds of running into an enemy while on vacation in Hawaii are pretty low.

ETA:

Perk
noun

a privilege, gain, or profit incidental to regular salary or wages; especially one expected or promised
View Quote

You're an ignorant man.  In many ways.  One of my guys was on vacation in Kauai when two of the most notorious fucking dirtbags in my city were in the same coffee house he was.  The selfies he sent, with them in the background caused all of us at the PD to laugh out loud.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 11:18:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I get his comments on Chuck to the extent that it seems to be what the cool kids want to do but to insult Doc?  Seriously?  Are you one of those "just a dentist" idiots?   My dentist cleans my teeth.  I once talked to Doc after he rebuilt someone's jaw from a gunshot wound.  How about his ballistics studies?  His LEO service?  His professorship at the Stanford School of Medicine?  Seriously what is your personal investment in this....on people you have never met yet you feel you know enough about to disparage?  Do you need a P&S doll so you can show us where they touched you?

I understand the seriousness of an ND, especially the circumstances allegedly surrounding it.  I don't pretend to understand the reserve sheriff creds issue.  I leave that for others to get hopped up about.  But where is your righteousness coming from that makes you insult everyone you deem not worthy?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Don't let the dentist Docgkr fool you. (Although even the dentist alluded that the reserve program in that town was shady - except for Pressburg getting the reserve status. That was 100 % legit.

I thought I recognized that brand of personal insult regarding DocGKR.  Lightbulb moment occurred.  Arocking not occurring on my part despite the others in this thread doing their best to do so otherwise.

I'm not a quiet professional, just a dumb jarhead, but if folks aren't bothering me, I don't go out of my way to be an asshole to them.  I guess we have different opinions of professionalism, since I don't think encouraging an online witch hunt is in mine.

I get his comments on Chuck to the extent that it seems to be what the cool kids want to do but to insult Doc?  Seriously?  Are you one of those "just a dentist" idiots?   My dentist cleans my teeth.  I once talked to Doc after he rebuilt someone's jaw from a gunshot wound.  How about his ballistics studies?  His LEO service?  His professorship at the Stanford School of Medicine?  Seriously what is your personal investment in this....on people you have never met yet you feel you know enough about to disparage?  Do you need a P&S doll so you can show us where they touched you?

I understand the seriousness of an ND, especially the circumstances allegedly surrounding it.  I don't pretend to understand the reserve sheriff creds issue.  I leave that for others to get hopped up about.  But where is your righteousness coming from that makes you insult everyone you deem not worthy?

No getting through to this one, buddy.  Chuck got drunk and did something stupid and criminal, This idiot called out one of the best human beings on the planet, who has done more to save cop's lives than any ten guys, and called him just a dentist. Chuck was drunk, Leozhinho is a little man, with a huge ego and no balls.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 11:21:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Wait what?  You are against LEOSA?  
 HR-218 isn't designed as a perk.  It is designed so Off Duty or retired LEO's can carry a firearm for self defense.  

Most jobs end when their shift or retirement.  However LEO's make enemies, that can go after duty hours.  

I'm rather flabbergasted that on a gun forum, and a specific black gun forum that anyone would view LEOSA in a negative light.
View Quote

You can't expect anyone to buy that load of bullshit.

What nefarious characters are constantly stalking retired traffic cops across state lines?
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 11:29:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

No where did I question the officer. I question the news.... and I want to have ALL the information before I come to a conclusion, just as I would expect someone to treat me if I were involved in a shooting.

Craziness.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Craziness.

The information was there.  I posted a link to it literally the post before.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 11:33:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I'm more of riding a desk now and rarely get to see sunlight. But I was uniform road patrol for six years. I see myself more as the Lavrentiy Beria of the people and my office is a basement in Lubyanka prison. 

In all seriousness. I at least know what I can and can't enforce. I doubt Mr. Pressburg does. If Lake Arthur PD is a pay to play badge factory for LEOSA then that is a serious issue. Also Mr. Pressburg was shitfaced and played with guns while shitfaced. 

Nothing else matters. Is the PD honest or not? Does Mr. Pressburg know that he fucked up and will admit it and try to fix it by a number of ways?
View Quote

Hey, Miami JBT, if you read the statute the Smiling Bandit posted, as a reserve, Pressburg can only act under the authority of a sworn NM police officer.  He's back-up only.  Secondly, are you really pulling the "six years on the street" thing as a thing?  Call me back when you have three hash marks, bro.  I love your posts and think you're a good dude, but you'd get smacked down in any squad room if you boasted about your six years on the street.  Really?  We might make bumper stickers or T-shirts to make fun of you.  We roundly criticize guys who sew one hash mark, 5 years, on their uniforms.  We call it a booger and pick on them, endlessly.  It's why I waited until I had 10 years on to get two hash marks sewed on.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 11:39:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

You're an ignorant man.  In many ways.  One of my guys was on vacation in Kauai when two of the most notorious fucking dirtbags in my city were in the same coffee house he was.  The selfies he sent, with them in the background caused all of us at the PD to laugh out loud.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So carry in your local area.  The odds of running into an enemy while on vacation in Hawaii are pretty low.

ETA:

Perk
noun

a privilege, gain, or profit incidental to regular salary or wages; especially one expected or promised

Such a threat that he decided to stick around and take selfies rather than quietly walk out and not risk ruining his vacation.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 11:42:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Such a threat that he decided to stick around and take selfies rather than quietly walk out and not risk ruining his vacation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA:

Perk
noun

Oh, for gods sake,  how old  are you?
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 11:45:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA:

Perk
noun

Old enough to make smarter choices than to continue hang around guys that are "the most notorious fucking dirtbags" by choice.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 11:54:38 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Old enough to make smarter choices than to continue hang around guys that are "the most notorious fucking dirtbags" by choice.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA:

Perk
noun

Yes, he should have fled immediately, screaming.  Were you a support guy by any chance?  Open carry activist perhaps?
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 12:02:54 AM EDT
[#41]
Back on topic guys

I would like to point out that the SGM continued a proud and time honored service tradition of being the first one to have an ND, though normal protocol is to threaten you will demote anyone in your brigade who ND's before hand.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 12:07:50 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Yes, he should have fled immediately, screaming.  Were you a support guy by any chance?  Open carry activist perhaps?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA:

Perk
noun

Is English your first language?  "quietly walk out" means "fled immediately, screaming."

Call me crazy, but I don't want to spend large parts of a vacation getting to talk to investigators about using force on someone.  So I'll just avoid the scene.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 12:09:23 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

They're usually fighting each other, and other family members, until we get there and the fighting with them begins.  Said cop looks most unlike a cop, when not in uniform.  They'd have made me in 30 seconds, but I have a mark on my head from the eight-point cover.  Stick to planes or something you know about.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 12:31:47 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

They're usually fighting each other, and other family members, until we get there and the fighting with them begins.  Said cop looks most unlike a cop, when not in uniform.  They'd have made me in 30 seconds, but I have a mark on my head from the eight-point cover.  Stick to planes or something you know about.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He seems pretty good at acting like a coward and letting others dictate his life for him.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 12:33:08 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Is English your first language?  "quietly walk out" means "fled immediately, screaming."

Call me crazy, but I don't want to spend large parts of a vacation getting to talk to investigators about using force on someone.  So I'll just avoid the scene.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA:

Perk
noun

Let's recap, you asserted that no cop would  ever need to carry off duty, retired, whatever.  When presented with evidence to the contrary, you shifted tactics to criticizing the cop mentioned in the story that disproved you.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 12:34:31 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I bet "pogue."
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 12:34:59 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

What nefarious characters are constantly stalking retired traffic cops across state lines?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wait what?  You are against LEOSA?  
 HR-218 isn't designed as a perk.  It is designed so Off Duty or retired LEO's can carry a firearm for self defense.  

Most jobs end when their shift or retirement.  However LEO's make enemies, that can go after duty hours.  

I'm rather flabbergasted that on a gun forum, and a specific black gun forum that anyone would view LEOSA in a negative light.

Some may have them but that's not the point because plenty of normal people have real enemies too. A person can prove they are in danger enough to get a restraining order issued by the court and still not be afforded the same protection that a cop in bfe with no threats.

I absolutely don't think cops are the enemy but damn sure don't think they deserve special rights off duty and for the rest of their life. Maybe when the police unions and leadership fight for our side more often than not I will have a different opinion. Take away their special privileges and they might fight a little harder with some skin in the game.

I'm flabbergasted that you're flabbergasted.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 12:38:14 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Some may have them but that's not the point because plenty of normal people have real enemies too. A person can prove they are in danger enough to get a restraining order issued by the court and still not be afforded the same protection that a cop in bfe with no threats.

I absolutely don't think cops are the enemy but damn sure don't think they deserve special rights off duty and for the rest of their life. Maybe when the police unions and leadership fight for our side more often than not I will have a different opinion. Take away their special privileges and they might fight a little harder with some skin in the game.

View Quote

How are things at the staging area?
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 12:39:46 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Let's recap, you asserted that no cop would  ever need to carry off duty, retired, whatever.  When presented with evidence to the contrary, you shifted tactics to criticizing the cop mentioned in the story that disproved.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA:

Perk
noun

Let's recap, you asserted that no cop would  ever need to carry off duty, retired, whatever.  When presented with evidence to the contrary, you shifted tactics to criticizing the cop mentioned in the story that disproved.

You realize that your evidence falls flat on its face when you mention the selfie part, right?  Hint...if you feel comfortable enough to take a selfie, then the situation is not that fucking dangerous.  

What a shitshow this thread is.  I think it was summed up quite nicely a few pages ago when someone said that it really all boils down to the inability of certain people to resist telling anonymous guys on the internet to "stay in their lane." Pathetic.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 1:17:44 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What? I am not a firefighter anymore if that is what you were referencing.

I can't tell if that was a jab or not. If it was I don't think that would go quite how you think it would and you should start a new thread. If it was not then no worries.
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top