BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/10/2017 9:17:59 PM EDT

Not really a kids movie fan but I may have to see this 
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 9:22:45 PM EDT
[#1]
My son is into two things in a big way: Legos and Batman.  The first time I saw a Lego movie advertised I said "How is this going to be anything but stupid?". Well, It turned out that the first Lego Batman movie they made was actually pretty good.  Did not feel like torture the way I expected it to.  And yes, my son has been waiting for this one, so we'll be going to see it this weekend.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 9:23:35 PM EDT
[#2]
May take my daughter to it. She is getting older so harder to use her as an excuse to go see these types of movies.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 9:28:23 PM EDT
[#3]
In Dolby Vision HDR and Atmos.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 9:29:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I liked the Lego movie a lot, and I'll definitely watch the Lego Batman.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 9:36:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I read a review today that said this is the best Batman movie of all of them.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 9:37:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 9:39:06 PM EDT
[#7]
I liked the first Lego movie a lot more than I thought I would.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 9:49:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I read a review today that said this is the best Batman movie of all of them.
View Quote

Lego Batman is best Batman.

Just got back with the kids. 18,15,10 all loved it and were laughing out loud.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 9:52:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Taking my daughter to this instead of seeing John Wick 2. But it's OK, I enjoyed the first Lego movie.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 10:03:59 PM EDT
[#10]
My kid wanted to see Surfs Up.

To this day one of my all time favorites.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 10:05:31 PM EDT
[#11]
It's OK to be yourself.  Unless you can be Batman
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 10:56:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Ok for a 4 yr old?  He's both a lego and batman super fan. 
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 10:59:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes.  I saw it today with my 9yo and 11yo.  We all loved it.  The pop culture references in the Lego movies are hilarious.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 11:06:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 11:10:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

There is nothing that will bother a 4 year old but most of jokes are geared for an adult audience. It constantly references all the eras of Batman going all the way back to the 40s so that is all going to be lost on a little kid.

This is a highly entertaining film just like the Lego movie which if you haven't seen you really should.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 11:52:58 PM EDT
[#16]
My son and I really enjoyed the Lego movie and I'm looking forward to seeing this
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 12:01:01 AM EDT
[#17]
My wife and kid saw it and she said it was 'meh'.

She's a stick in the mud though, so I'll still go see it with my other kid.

(I saw John Wick 2 by myself.....save your $9....just rent the first one and watch it again.)
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 12:01:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Saw it tonight with the wife and kid.  Hilarious.  Tons of laugh out loud jokes and older pop culture references.  I 'bout fell out my chair at the leg day reference.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 7:09:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Just got back, even loved the rick roll
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 7:15:27 PM EDT
[#20]
I took my daughter today, the movie is really funny. I would recommend.

My 2-1/2 year old was clapping and cheering at the end.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 7:18:51 PM EDT
[#21]
We went and saw it last night.  

It's awesome.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 7:30:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Has a SJW vibe along with other positive messages for children. It is no JW2, but it was hilarious.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 1:57:46 AM EDT
[#23]
Went and saw it.  My wife and I thought it was meh. I actually fell asleep at one point.  We LOVED the first lego movie.  This one just seemed like it was trying too hard.

My 14 year old daughter and 8 year old son both thought it was amazing.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 2:01:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Its fucking hilarious.  A few slow areas but mostly lots of laughs and good entertainment.

Batman likes boxing.  Beat boxing.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 2:01:52 AM EDT
[#25]
Saw it tonight and it was OK, the Lego movie was better and this one had it moments but wasn't the best.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 2:18:20 AM EDT
[#26]
Wife and I saw it yesterday.  We enjoyed it!
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 2:35:30 AM EDT
[#27]
Saw it with my daughter today.  Thought it was great.  "Abs!"
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 2:36:26 AM EDT
[#28]
Wife and I took the 6 year olds and almost 4 year old... They loved it and we enjoyed it too.  Not quite as good as the Lego Movie, but better than 99.9% of the kids movies out there. *  All of the references were fantastic. 

*Good God were the trailers AWFUL. 
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 2:47:07 AM EDT
[#29]
My 10 year old loved it. I Ioved it.  

The Lego Movie is also great.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:43:23 AM EDT
[#30]
Some of my friends who have adopted and do foster care said that the movie was somewhat offensive in regards to how batman treats robin in this movie?  Anybody comment on that?  Curious if this is legit concern or my friend's wife just being easily offended.  (my freedom fries 5.11 shirt sent her into a tirade one time.   )
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:49:36 AM EDT
[#31]
We enjoyed the heck out of it.

Definitely the best cartoon movie in a while.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:05:35 AM EDT
[#32]
My wife ended up taking my daughter. I ended up having to work, wish I had gone to the movie instead. Both of them enjoyed it, I'll end up seeing it on bluray.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:09:06 AM EDT
[#33]
The BAT in batman stands for best at teamwork.

This movie was great
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:10:46 AM EDT
[#34]
Hopefully can take the 5 and 9 year old this week. 

...and me. I am definately going. 
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:11:37 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Saw it tonight and it was OK, the Lego movie was better and this one had it moments but wasn't the best.
View Quote

Yup, Lego Movie was better. Batman is a great side character and this movie had a lot of long boring parts.

ETA:  Still worth seeing, you won't be disappointed!  It was great.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:13:44 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Some of my friends who have adopted and do foster care said that the movie was somewhat offensive in regards to how batman treats robin in this movie?  Anybody comment on that?  Curious if this is legit concern or my friend's wife just being easily offended.  (my freedom fries 5.11 shirt sent her into a tirade one time.   )
View Quote

They treated the orphans the same way you'd treat a dog adoption.
I didn't really think about it until you mentioned it.
I know it was meant to show batman in a poor light but now I'm a bit surprised I haven't seen more complaints.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:29:26 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yes, took my 6 and 4 yr old on Saturday and they loved it. Great movie...funny for kids, funny for adults.

Do it
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:34:56 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I know it was meant to show batman in a poor light but now I'm a bit surprised I haven't seen more complaints.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

perhaps because it was ridiculously over-the-top comedy that was so silly as to immediately make the audience think, "OK, this is NOT reality."

FFS some of you are looking for things to be butthurt about.  DU is that way --------------------->
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:43:22 AM EDT
[#39]
Saw it Friday night, the boy liked it a lot. I thought it was decent.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:43:27 AM EDT
[#40]
Took my son to see it yesterday; it was decent. Loved the line when Batman said to Robin "we are gonna punch these guys so hard that words are going to spontaneously appear out of thin air"

Is it wrong that I felt like I was watching a movie about John_Wayne777 the whole time 
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:53:17 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

perhaps because it was ridiculously over-the-top comedy that was so silly as to immediately make the audience think, "OK, this is NOT reality."

FFS some of you are looking for things to be butthurt about.  DU is that way --------------------->
View Quote

How do I get lumped in for answering a question?
Like I said I didn't think about in the moment. I saw as you did for being over the top.
Just because I can understand why might think something doesn't mean I agree with it.
And the du arrow should point the left.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:56:35 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I liked the Lego movie a lot, and I'll definitely watch the Lego Batman.
View Quote

Exactly what I was thinking.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:58:58 AM EDT
[#43]
It was decent, liked the first Lego movie better.

Lots of nostalgia and gay undertones which they snuck in there. 2 dad's references, letting Robin be flamboyant, the sharing of feelings between batman and joker.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 12:01:35 PM EDT
[#44]
I could only stand 30 seconds of the trailer, I can't see myself ever going to a feature length movie of that inanity.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 12:04:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Saw it with the kids yesterday.

It was great. Very clever, lots of subtle adult humor, references to old comic story lines, and funny jokes.

Definitely a thumbs up.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 12:06:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was a tool to show Batman's transition from a self-centered loner (because he's scared of losing someone close to him again) to accepting help from others/being part of a family unit.

Anyone who looks at the major plot driver and says "I'm concerned about the way this is portrayed" needs to just avoid movies altogether because they're too busy focusing on what hurts their butt to get the point.

I'm not directing this at you but at tornadochaser's retarded friend.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 12:17:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Pretty good. Was funny but a bit too long. No kids movie should be over 1 hr 30 min. Also got a little too preachy/teachable moments near the end. I don't need a movie to teach my kids anything, just entertain them.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 12:20:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3z2t7FctEd4

Not really a kids movie fan but I may have to see this 
View Quote

It's on showbox if you prefer to skip the theatre and $40 concessions
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 12:52:59 PM EDT
[#49]
I saw it.  It was pretty funny.

"I Like to fight around"  LOL
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 1:33:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Pretty good. Was funny but a bit too long. No kids movie should be over 1 hr 30 min. Also got a little too preachy/teachable moments near the end. I don't need a movie to teach my kids anything, just entertain them.
View Quote

That's the main reason I liked the Lego Movie better; the movie didn't spend over an hour beating you in the face with the lesson you're supposed to learn.

Subtlety is the key to a good movie.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top