BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 9:33:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Clearly a commercial for TTI, i've never seen a movie clearly show logos like that outside of airtime bought by car companies.
View Quote

I feel for the TTI range officiers in the common months.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 11:19:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
This movie was painful to watch and I don't mean the pencil scenes.

The opening was WAY too much Kung fu crap, the car being totaled after so much being done to get it was ludicrous.

Wick was foolish in not hearing out the offer first before refusing it, he should have known that the guy would betray him, he should have teamed up with Common to murder the main bad guy.

And I was really hoping to see the dog maim some bad guys...

I think the first film was superior to this one in every way except that Ruby Rose gal is hot. .. even though her character was stupid.
View Quote

Wick couldn't kill Santino before fulfilling the marker.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 11:32:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 11:34:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 11:34:48 AM EDT
[#5]
John Wick 2 was sweet. He retires his HK P30L and gets Taran Tactical modified Glocks. TTI Master Combat G34 and G26. Also uses a Benelli M4, Taran Tactical TR-1, and Kimber Warrior 1911.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 11:38:45 AM EDT
[#6]
John Wick upgrade package is 1,350 
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 11:40:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Better than the first one?
View Quote

No.. More gun play and close ups on all that but the story is not near as good. I liked the first one better.. The second is just a story attached to a three gun competition.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 11:41:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
did he kill anybody with a pencil?
View Quote

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 11:44:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
John Wick upgrade package is 1,350 
View Quote

John WICK Combat Master:

Current build time takes about 16-20 weeks for the Combat Master package. We are working on shortening the build time but currently it is 16-20 weeks.

Pistol is not included in the package. After placing your order, as sales representitive will contact you with shipping instructions.

-GEN4 triggers usually run a half pound heavier.

TTI Combat Master Performance Package for Glock

Maximize your Glock for ultimate John Wick performance with the TTI Glock John Wick package. Gives you a vital edge over the competition, this upgrade package includes improvements to make your Glock ready to compete with the best. Whether you're just breaking into the shooting scene or a seasoned competition veteran, the TTI Glock Combat Master Performance Package sets your Glock apart for excellence.

TTI Combat Master Performance Package includes:

- Combat Master Slide cut and Ionbond coating Tactical Matte Black.

- TTI Fiber Optic Sight Set with your choice of red or green fiber optic rod.

- Ultimate Grand Master Trigger (3-3.75 lb).

- Stainless Steel Guide Rod with reduced weight recoil spring.

- Laser Engraved TTI logo.

- Full Wrap Right handed stipple with scallop cut and single under cut!

- 2 WICK Base Pads of your choice.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 12:00:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Saw it last night.  Had a great time...good flick for gun folks.

I wonder how difficult it is to find M4's today?
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 12:20:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Fast action from start to finish, lots of shooting and serious ass kicking. Silencer stuff was unrealistic as expected, pew, pew, pew, and nobody in the crowd around noticed. For gun guys, you'll get a little extra pleasure with the gun descriptions in the scenes when he is picking out his battle guns, "and what would you like for desert", ha, ha, sick enjoyment. I thought the ending was lame, however, I still enjoyed the movie greatly because of the non-stop action.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 4:31:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Saw it last night.  As others have said, the first was better. The fighting seemed crisper and faster, at least that's the impression it left on me - I hadn't seen the first one for 6 months or so previously.

But it was good and I'm glad I spent money on it.  Like the guy above me, the suppressor stuff was a little over the top quiet unless they were shooting .22lr at each other.

The Justin Bieber/Ruby Rose parts were pretty silly, plus she has a mustache.  I don't know where this meme in action movies comes from that if a tiny 110 pound woman puts a haughty enough sneer on her face she looks tough - but it just comes off as silly.

A 150 pound muscular athletic woman? Sure, you can almost buy that for some sorts of fighting. A 110 pound scrawny model?  One pimp slap and she's sucking dirt, no matter how much she sneers.

Was it just me though or was the combat a bit slower and sloppier than in the first?  Age?
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 4:34:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Battlefield Las Vegas should come out with a John Wick package
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 7:42:39 PM EDT
[#14]
My review of JW2.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 7:57:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Went to see it again today and took my wife. She enjoyed it. Did anyone else notice the bum at the museum steps is the same one in the subway?
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 7:59:20 PM EDT
[#16]
We saw it Friday night. It was entertaining.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 8:12:40 PM EDT
[#17]
I want to see it.

I'll have to see if any local theaters have it...  I didn't see it listed in town.

Link Posted: 2/12/2017 8:23:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

3 people in a bar.
View Quote
r

It was a "fucking pencil"
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 8:38:00 PM EDT
[#19]
So how long before we see people carrying super tactical carbon fiber pencils in their pocket protectors for use as self defense?
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 8:43:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Ported Highpoints?
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 8:44:54 PM EDT
[#21]

John 's trigger discipline has become sloppy I see.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 8:47:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

No.. More gun play and close ups on all that but the story is not near as good. I liked the first one better.. The second is just a story attached to a three gun competition.
View Quote

Same thing I thought, the targets were just replaced with people.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 9:05:39 PM EDT
[#23]
The man who was the manager for the italian hotel is the original django form the 1970's films

very famous actor. most people would miss that.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 9:20:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Loved it!!!!!

Fuck the haters.

Link Posted: 2/12/2017 9:27:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The man who was the manager for the italian hotel is the original django form the 1970's films

View Quote

The general in Die Hard 2, too.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 9:32:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

FIFY
View Quote
no kidding, its 2017 grandpa.
If it was shot with that stupid fucking shakycam Im out.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 9:54:38 PM EDT
[#27]
I thought it was great, theater was packed too.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 11:01:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

He had a cameo in the new one to.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 11:04:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

He had a cameo in the new one to.
View Quote

"Mr. Parker.  Where is my black ninja?"
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 11:09:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Saw it last night and really liked it.  Theater was packed.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 1:25:07 AM EDT
[#31]
I thought the plot was weak and the opening scene (with the car) didn't make much sense.

If you like a lot of gun play, it's the movie for you.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 1:35:50 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I liked the first one better, but mostly due to the originality of it. Second one builds off the first, delves a lot deeper into the underworld and parts of it I thought were a little cheesy. I had to remind myself that they are trying to create a comic book world.

The action and technical aspects that we all loved from the first one are excellent and maybe even better than the original.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I liked the first one better, but mostly due to the originality of it. Second one builds off the first, delves a lot deeper into the underworld and parts of it I thought were a little cheesy. I had to remind myself that they are trying to create a comic book world.

The action and technical aspects that we all loved from the first one are excellent and maybe even better than the original.

Spot on.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 1:36:03 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Spot on.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 1:57:43 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
The opening was WAY too much Kung fu crap, the car being totaled after so much being done to get it was ludicrous.
View Quote
Well, what did you expect from:
http://screenrant.com/john-wick-2-hong-kong-fights-images/

Plus, if you were paying attention at the beginning, one of the first production companies to appear on screen had (Hong Kong) in it's name.
I enjoyed the kung fu/everything on wires feel that John Wick 2 had.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 2:17:42 AM EDT
[#35]
Pinning the guy by his solar plexus with the Benelli barrel while reloading was pretty brutal.

The stairs scene was amazing.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 2:42:40 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Only if they're carrying a Nokia slider cell phone. 
View Quote

Ya know... I didn't think about it until you posted that and I have to wonder if that's an homage to The Matrix.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 2:49:25 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I thought the plot was weak and the opening scene (with the car) didn't make much sense.

View Quote

So you're saying you didn't see the first movie.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 3:17:53 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I saw it. It had a stronger plot and less gun play.

Why forcefully take something when the Russians wanted to give it back and you wanted to make peace with them?

1. Drink, peace and drive away in the car you love with a paid tribute.

2. Sneak in, kung fu some guys, crash some cars, shoot some guys, do a little more kung fu, a little more shooting, crash some more cars, drink, peace, drive away in your crashed car (that you love a little less because you did something stupid from the get go and now you've totaled it).
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 4:25:40 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Pinning the guy by his solar plexus with the Benelli barrel while reloading was pretty brutal.

The stairs scene was amazing.
View Quote

I wish he had a bayonet mounted for that part but still my favorite part of the Benelli action.

He should have had a box magazine fed boomstick like a VEPR though
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 5:39:05 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Isn't that the gun from Heat?
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/13/2017 8:04:13 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Just got home, they did the sequel right.

Perfect preview for part three
View Quote

John Wick finds all doors closed to him.
No tailor
No sommelier
No hotel
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 8:20:50 AM EDT
[#42]
It was good . Other than some trigger discipline . I knew it would lead to a sequel.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 9:34:44 PM EDT
[#43]
No business can be conducted on any Intercontinental property
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 9:43:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I wish he had a bayonet mounted for that part but still my favorite part of the Benelli action.

He should have had a box magazine fed boomstick like a VEPR though
View Quote

A Vepr 12 would have been great for that scene.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 9:51:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

John Wick finds all doors closed to him.
No tailor
No sommelier
No hotel
View Quote

There's likely another "Continental" type organization that will help him, then doublecross him.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 9:58:29 PM EDT
[#46]
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 10:05:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Leave it to GD to criticize everything about a good thing

"Just a 3 gun with a story attached to it"

Personally this movie exceeded my expectations and I thought it was better than the first one.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 10:06:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I saw it. It had a stronger plot and less gun play.

Why forcefully take something when the Russians wanted to give it back and you wanted to make peace with them?

1. Drink, peace and drive away in the car you love with a paid tribute.

2. Sneak in, kung fu some guys, crash some cars, shoot some guys, do a little more kung fu, a little more shooting, crash some more cars, drink, peace, drive away in your crashed car (that you love a little less because you did something stupid from the get go and now you've totaled it).
View Quote

My take was.  He really loves the car but he wanted the card with the picture he had in the glove box more.  But I agree, that whole opening scene was too long and a lot of wtf.

Also the fight scene going down the steps was too long also.

Link Posted: 2/13/2017 10:13:49 PM EDT
[#49]
The Mrs. bought us tickets to see it on Valentines day
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 10:32:18 PM EDT
[#50]
I saw it Friday afternoon and just saw this thread kick back up to the front page.

Lots of Gun-Fu, double taps, Mozambique, head shots and anchor shots.  Most of the time on the same guy.

When he took the Benelli, I made this face .  He did some cool stuff with it, but I would have taken more AR mags.  I get it, you cant 3 gun without one, but still.

The stairs scene made me wince, well that and every time he gets hit by a car.

I was disappointed by no dog mauling as well.

I loved the first one and really liked this one.  We'll go see the third when it comes out because I'm a sucker for a trilogy.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top