Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 2/6/2017 10:09:38 PM EDT
I need 50 million lbs of Texas brown 100 mesh sand to frack with. Just seeing if by a long shot someone on here works in that industry. 

Also if you have any contacts or connections to bring in sand from Mexico? I don't know if they process sand like that down there but they frac in Mexico so there's a chance.

I m me if you can help otherwise just post whore in here and bump till I get some help.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:11:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Frack me..
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:11:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Keep your Mexican sand in Mexico where it belongs.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:12:13 PM EDT
[#3]
My dogs track in a couple pounds of sand a day (it seems).  I'd be glad to send it to you if you don't mind a little dog hair mixed in...
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:12:14 PM EDT
[#4]
There's a shortage.  Liberals are neckbearding it all for their panties.  Gonna be a rough four years for ya I 'spect.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:12:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Try searching liberal manginas.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:12:31 PM EDT
[#6]
I might be able to help. PM very specific details, I have contacts in the Mexican industrial sector.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:12:42 PM EDT
[#7]
The original post, with user name, has to be a joke... right? 
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:12:42 PM EDT
[#8]
I would hit the sand pits in Columbus, TX to see what you can turn. I don't even know if they have the right kind of sand.

ETA: not the right kind of sand.

Here is a white paper on everything you wanted to know about frac sand but were afraid to ask. Link
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:14:53 PM EDT
[#9]
I can't help you with sand but if you keep using that much that means good things for my line of work too.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:15:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I need 50 million lbs of Texas brown 100 mesh sand to frack with. Just seeing if by a long shot someone on here works in that industry. 

Also if you have any contacts or connections to bring in sand from Mexico? I don't know if they process sand like that down there but they frac in Mexico so there's a chance.

I m me if you can help otherwise just post whore in here and bump till I get some help.
View Quote

Does it have to be Texas brown? We churn out about 160-170 tons per hour.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:17:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The original post, with user name, has to be a joke... right? 
View Quote
Yes, I see the irony. I'm dead serious.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:17:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Does it have to be Texas brown? We churn out about 160-170 tons per hour.
View Quote

Okay so how much per ton to get to Texas?
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:17:53 PM EDT
[#13]
And people want to bitch about $2.75/Gallon gas.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:19:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Peak Sand
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:19:26 PM EDT
[#15]
This belongs in the WTB - Sand  forum.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:20:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Sounds like I need to get into the sand dealing biz
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:20:59 PM EDT
[#17]
What part of Texas
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:22:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Okay so how much per ton to get to Texas?
View Quote

I would have thought if you needed that amount of sand you'd have a contact already? Or are they not coming through for you?
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:22:15 PM EDT
[#19]
No but it wouldn't be too hard to find someone who can supply $50 million of Mexican Brown a month. Got a better ROI.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:22:30 PM EDT
[#20]
When I was in the industry we had to procure 100 mesh from Canada.

There was a shortage of ceramic also, had to get that from the Canucks too..
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:23:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
This belongs in the WTB - Sand  forum.
View Quote

In the Texas Brown sub-forum.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:23:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Dang, i only need 20 tons. Lol. But I don't frack.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:23:35 PM EDT
[#23]
That's a lot of sand
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:23:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Several plants around Glen Rose. 
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:23:39 PM EDT
[#25]
You must have a lot of cats.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:24:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Try this place. Don't know where you need the sand, but this place is in Sanders AZ. They also have plants in other places. I am sure they can help you out.

Preferred Sands
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:24:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I would have thought if you needed that amount of sand you'd have a contact already? Or are they not coming through for you?
View Quote

Are we still talking about sand?
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:24:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
That's a lot of sand
View Quote

Right? That's what I was going to post. That is an awful lot of sand. I mean, where does it all go?
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:25:25 PM EDT
[#29]
50,000,000lbs is a lot of sand!
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:25:53 PM EDT
[#30]
What part of Texas?
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:26:04 PM EDT
[#31]
1.  Someone buying sand in "pounds" is a bit odd.  I would expect a user of such a commodity to specify in tons.  

2.  I would expect such a contract to come through one of the larger aggregate providers, such as Vulcan Materials or Aggregate industries vs posting on arfcom hoping someone had a big ass sand pile and a bunch of dump truck drivers sitting around jerking off (though that is what dump truck drivers excel at)

25,000 tons of sand isn't exactly an unusually large order, but 25,000 tons per month is substantial.  I would think that such an order would likely open up other avenues of transport, such as rail and barge.  When I worked on projects using that much sand, it would typically be accomplished over a period of 3-6 months and that was with the use of several quarries.  To get that in a month would have probably required more trucking than was available.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:26:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

All of the 100mesh in texas from normal supply lines is sold. I need an inside play or some genius solution to get 100 mesh sand. I will pay retail but need a secure source that can do what they say.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:26:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Right? That's what I was going to post. That is an awful lot of sand. I mean, where does it all go?
View Quote

Im almost more curious as to where it comes from and what happens when you remove 50 million pounds+ at a monthly rate
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:26:47 PM EDT
[#34]
I can send you the sand my safe displaced when I had a boating accident
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:27:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
What part of Texas?
View Quote

West Texas 
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:28:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Craigslist
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:29:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's a lot of sand

Maybe he's making a replica of Tatooine.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:31:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
1.  Someone buying sand in "pounds" is a bit odd.  I would expect a user of such a commodity to specify in tons.  

2.  I would expect such a contract to come through one of the larger aggregate providers, such as Vulcan Materials or Aggregate industries vs posting on arfcom hoping someone had a big ass sand pile and a bunch of dump truck drivers sitting around jerking off (though that is what dump truck drivers excel at)

25,000 tons of sand isn't exactly an unusually large order, but 25,000 tons per month is substantial.  I would think that such an order would likely open up other avenues of transport, such as rail and barge.  When I worked on projects using that much sand, it would typically be accomplished over a period of 3-6 months and that was with the use of several quarries.  To get that in a month would have probably required more trucking than was available.
View Quote
The fracking plans I've seen in the past usually specify lbs of sand to be mixed per gallon of fluid injected.

Bet its going to West Texas so barges are out and dump trucks in and the oil business still relies a lot on who you know or may know to get things done. 
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:32:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Wait, this isn't a joke?
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:32:17 PM EDT
[#41]
We have a love hate relationship with you frackers . Drive the price of sand up but business is usually booming when you do 
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:33:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Try this place. Don't know where you need the sand, but this place is in Sanders AZ. They also have plants in other places. I am sure they can help you out.

Preferred Sands
View Quote

Just saw you need it in West Texas, I am sure the BNSF rail line will get it from AZ to TX.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:33:21 PM EDT
[#43]
I may have a contact. Can you take delivery by railcar?
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:33:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
That's a lot of sand
View Quote

Nope, not even close to a lot of sand.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:34:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
Texas is desperate right now. I'm not surprised by this post.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:34:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

We get it, you know nothing about the oil and gas industry.  Frac sand isnt transported by dump truck for one. And pounds are not unusual to deal in with regards to frac sand. Thanks for weighing in though.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:35:07 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

Here's an example
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:35:55 PM EDT
[#48]
http://texasfracsands.com/

May have to truck from a spur. Not my baliwick but that is what I got on short notice.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:37:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
1. Someone buying sand in "pounds" is a bit odd. I would expect a user of such a commodity to specify in tons.

2. I would expect such a contract to come through one of the larger aggregate providers, such as Vulcan Materials or Aggregate industries vs posting on arfcom hoping someone had a big ass sand pile and a bunch of dump truck drivers sitting around jerking off (though that is what dump truck drivers excel at)

25,000 tons of sand isn't exactly an unusually large order, but 25,000 tons per month is substantial. I would think that such an order would likely open up other avenues of transport, such as rail and barge. When I worked on projects using that much sand, it would typically be accomplished over a period of 3-6 months and that was with the use of several quarries. To get that in a month would have probably required more trucking than was available.
View Quote

We pay by the ton. But figure wear and degradation buy pounds. I have a c pump that when it see's 60million I change out. That pump cost 30k to replace. The money we play with is pretty crazy. I have personally helped put 0ver 500 million pounds of sand downhole.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:38:21 PM EDT
[#50]
appropriate avatar is appropriate
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top