Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2017 3:40:56 PM EDT
So how does this usually work? I've used the EE for selling parts no problem. But what is the usual procedure for trading firearms?
Does the "buyer" send his trade to the seller's FFL first? Or is it a ship both guns at the same time?
What about if the gun in trade turns out not as good of shape as thought? Is a trade back a Welsh?

I am not having any problems, just want to know suggestions before posting. 
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 3:45:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Ship at the same time. Unless the other party has little or no feedback. Then of course they ship first.

Ask for pictures. Lots of em. I've never had an issue on a trade yet.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 3:48:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I did it once. I was a little nervous/skeptical but everything worked out.

Traded my customized M&P for a customized Glock 17.

Basically we both shipped to each others FFLs.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 3:51:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ship at the same time. Unless the other party has little or no feedback. Then of course they ship first.

Ask for pictures. Lots of em. I've never had an issue on a trade yet.
View Quote

This.  

I've done it a ton of times.

The last one I did was valued at $5500.  

No problems yet.

Link Posted: 1/22/2017 4:33:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

This.  

I've done it a ton of times.

The last one I did was valued at $5500.  

No problems yet.

View Quote

Just make sure they have worthy feedback.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 4:42:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 4:54:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Pretty much what everyone else has said

Never had an issue with a trade .... Just make sure they have good feedback and get plenty of pictures
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 4:55:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
In before random nonsensical advice from 50 people who have never done a single deal in the EE.
View Quote

Yeah, there seems to be quite a bit of that around here, even from longtime members with zero feedback.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 5:08:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Best trade I've ever made was on the EE
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 5:13:01 PM EDT
[#9]
I use an FFL to ship, they usually communicate with the other party's FFL. They ship after confirming the other FFL has received the firearm from the other trader. No problems yet.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 5:14:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
In before random nonsensical advice from 50 people who have never done a single deal in the EE.

OP, there's a forum in the EE for serious questions.
View Quote

And what makes you think you know about the EE?
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:10:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Looks like everyone who posted so far has 100% feedback. 
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:21:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Did one firearm trade in the EE. Lots of conversation beforehand, lots of communication all the while. We mutually shipped the same day, received either on the same day or close to it. All was well.

The most important ingredient to a good trade is that you are 100% comfortable with the other side. Have done plenty of FTF sales/trades through the years, but trading "by mail" is a little different IMHO. If you don't like a vibe or something, think it over first.

Best of luck, OP.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:36:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Do I have to use an FFL to ship to an FFL?
Or can I box up a handgun and take it to Fed Ex or UPS myself to ship straight to an FFL?

I'm sure this info is in the EE area somewhere, but I really don't trust tacked threads that are old as dirt and hard to find.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:38:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Or can I box up a handgun and take it to Fed Ex or UPS myself to ship straight to an FFL?

I'm sure this info is in the EE area somewhere, but I really don't trust tacked threads that are old as dirt and hard to find.
View Quote

You don't have to but UPS and FedEx require handguns to be shipped overnight, which is high-$.  Your local FFL can use USPS FRB so even with the transfer fee it's often cheaper.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:39:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
You can do that but most likely have to take it to a depot , retail level they will most likely not accept a firearm

Also they will probably make you ship overnight.

Or you can lie ,like what gets recommended here and ship your "machine parts" ground from a retail location , but you will be completely out of luck if there is a problem/issue 
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:40:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

I just went through this, save yourself the trouble and ship handguns through an FFL.

You're looking at $75 or more to go through FedEx or UPS.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:42:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Looks like everyone who posted so far has 100% feedback. 
View Quote

If you don't you're doing something wrong
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:43:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Yeah I let my team membership expire but I am qualified to post that I have done some excellent trades thru the EE. Communication is key!
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:54:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Only done one trade before. My Ar-15 for a Wilson combat 92G. I was pretty nervous through the whole thing but i went off without a hitch. Personally i would just the FFL to ship everything out. Might be a little bit more expensive doing it that way but it takes the headache out of trying to get it to the customer care center. Late last year i went to my local UPS store and tried shipping my EoTech out. After paying for it and leaving I got a phone call to come back and pick it up. As per UPS policy they are not allowed to ship "firearms" from the local store. All firearms must be shipped from the hub which luckily for me is only a 30 min drive. No matter what i could not tell the CSR behind the counter that all the package contained was an optic and not an actual firearm.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:56:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Whatever both parties agree on goes. Get lots of pictures ahead of time and send a lot to the other guy. I'd hate to try to coordinate a "trade back" if someone wasn't happy; that sounds like a nightmare.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 7:00:17 PM EDT
[#21]
No reason to have less than 100% feedback IMO - I would seriously question dealing with someone who did not have 100% and I think I've only ever seen ONE person posting here in my four years that didn't have either 0 or 100.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 7:14:41 PM EDT
[#22]
This reminds me I need to hit the EE for another 5.56 barrel.

Off I go...
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 7:25:49 PM EDT
[#23]
First gun deal I ever did on the ee was a face to face. I showed up with a personal check.

Seller was like, that's not how this usually goes. He sold me the gun anyhow.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top