Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 3:54:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Saw a bunch of .22LR at Scheels yesterday.  Box of 500 for 30 or 40....something like that.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 3:59:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I got 9 mm Tula for $8.99 last week. It goes bang...
View Quote

Not bad, not bad at all.

I was down in FL last week & go to a place called spray N pray. They do reloading on site. $10/50cnt. Also bought 38Special, .40 & .45. Happy to support a small business & it shoots pretty well.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 4:07:37 PM EDT
[#4]
So it's not due to 100 millions people waking up all at once from the "I don't need any extra .22, I can get more from Walmart any day" notion.

It's going to continue until all these guys have 10K stacked in the bedroom closet.  More than they normally shoot in 10 years.  Throw in NY and other state's laws threatening to restrict access to ammo only adds fuel to the fire.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 4:11:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
So it's not due to 100 millions people waking up all at once from the "I don't need any extra .22, I can get more from Walmart any day" notion.

It's going to continue until all these guys have 10K stacked in the bedroom closet.  More than they normally shoot in 10 years.  Throw in NY and other state's laws threatening to restrict access to ammo only adds fuel to the fire.
View Quote

Probably more than 10k for a lot of people.

If the lefties are trying to cut off the ammo supply, the prudent thing to do is build ammo forts.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 4:22:42 PM EDT
[#6]
During the insanity,  I personally seen fuckers selling junk .22 Remington in the bulk pack for $75 a box at the gun shows.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 4:24:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Decaf.  It's time you make the switch.

Quoted:
Take CCI for example.

They don't build factories, but they just happen to build 87 different varieties instead of the handful they used to. So now they can crank out fucking Troy Landry and  "tactical" ammo instead of what everybody wants to buy so the price stays high, and people will buy the bullshit ammo because it is all they can find. Then multiply it times 10 with all you fat assed cave dwelling neckbeards vaccuming it all up as soon as your cousin tells you walmart got a shipment in. News flash! The panic is over and nobody is going to buy that shit from you!  So thank you ammo manufacturers, for giving us consumers soooo many choices (that nobody wants) during a fucking 4 year panic. Bag of dicks.

CCI
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 4:28:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Still like finding hens teeth in my AO and when you do luck out and find it it's a one box limit.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 4:36:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Take CCI for example.

They don't build factories, but they just happen to build 87 different varieties instead of the handful they used to. So now they can crank out fucking Troy Landry and  "tactical" ammo instead of what everybody wants to buy so the price stays high, and people will buy the bullshit ammo because it is all they can find. Then multiply it times 10 with all you fat assed cave dwelling neckbeards vaccuming it all up as soon as your cousin tells you walmart got a shipment in. News flash! The panic is over and nobody is going to buy that shit from you!  So thank you ammo manufacturers, for giving us consumers soooo many choices (that nobody wants) during a fucking 4 year panic. Bag of dicks.

CCI
View Quote

Ur mad at 22 in short supply....lol.   Man up and shoot .308.  Who gives a fuck?
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 4:37:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Still like finding hens teeth in my AO and when you do luck out and find it it's a one box limit.
View Quote

Shops around here have the walls lined with cases of the stuff, competitive with prices you can find online even before you factor in shipping.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 4:48:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
No problems finding 22lr here. I've got a ton but if I wanted more there are 3 Walmarts in my area with it in stock. You don't have to believe it but supply is absolutely increasing.
View Quote

I believe it but here is the problem with our Walmarts they never have fucking .22 ammo.  Since 2012 I have never seen it and only heard a couple people be able to find it.   With that said the local gun stores do stock it at an inflated price but Scheels has it most of the time from what I heard.  I got tired of it all and ordered a case of Aguila Subsonic for 7.7cents per round from target sports last June.  I have been happy with the way it shoots out of my guns.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 4:58:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Shops around here have the walls lined with cases of the stuff, competitive with prices you can find online even before you factor in shipping.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I will keep that in mind next time I'm in Somalia.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 5:06:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Tons of 22 on the shelves at $40 a brick.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 5:11:09 PM EDT
[#14]
I never had any trouble finding the brands that I like to shoot ( Eley, Wolf, and SK ) nor had I had issues with the prices as they fluctuated up and down.
On the other hand, CCI was and still is difficult to find in stock anywhere due to the supply/demand ratio. I now have a lifetime supply of 22LR and only seek out the CCI
when I feel like spending money.

I will not touch Remington nor Federal Brands, I'll leave that shit on the shelves for the rest of you.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 5:17:02 PM EDT
[#15]
For a 13er you sure are typical.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 5:48:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
During the insanity,  I personally seen fuckers selling junk .22 Remington in the bulk pack for $75 a box at the gun shows.
View Quote

I hear ya.

I sold a few bricks of the 525 packs at a gun show for $50/ea. There were a few guys selling 325's for $75 so I sold them PDQ. Could have gotten more but I felt bad getting what I got as it was.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:22:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Shit I'm selling 22 ammo. Not the shit you low lifes shoot. Accurate consistent ammo for actual target shooters. Plinkers. HA
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:45:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
CCI is building a new 70mil .22 plant. Announced locally last month.
View Quote

Fucking A!!
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:49:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Take CCI for example.

CCI
View Quote

Is this something you enjoy of just like to say?...
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:50:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

It looks like standard velocity is running the same price as mini mags these days.

So I'm guessing mini mags are going to jump even more.  Seems like they were 3 cents per round not too long ago.
View Quote

Not only is sv more accurate, but that's what you should shoot in your suppressed rifle anyway.  I bought plenty in the past, but I still don't mind spending $50 or $60 to shoot all afternoon.   Sure, I'd love if it was cheaper, but 6-7 cents a round isn't keeping me from making car payments.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:58:17 PM EDT
[#21]
4 cents per round is my strike point, but only from normal retailers.  Neckbeards are a different story, seeing as they are usually not in prime physical shape I am waiting for their spouse or most likely their mom to have a garage sale after they go big belly up then its $2.50 a brick.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:58:38 PM EDT
[#22]
OP, are you in KC area?   .22 is all over here.  I usually buy a couple 100 packs or bricks whenever I go to the store just to have it.  With the new "liberal preppers", I suspect .22 won't get any more affordable or be easier to find than right now.  If you want to shoot it, buy now.  At this point I think I'm buying for grandchildren, but I still buy some every trip.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 7:01:44 PM EDT
[#23]
My local ACE Hardware has had plenty of .22 for a month now . It looks strange having that spot filled to the brim.

Link Posted: 1/22/2017 8:14:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

It looks like standard velocity is running the same price as mini mags these days.

So I'm guessing mini mags are going to jump even more.  Seems like they were 3 cents per round not too long ago.
View Quote

They were not 3 cents a round even before Sandy Hook. I don't think you have really been following supply and cost very closely...
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 8:54:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

They were not 3 cents a round even before Sandy Hook. I don't think you have really been following supply and cost very closely...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They were 6 cents a round 10 years ago.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 9:00:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Learn how to spell 'vacuum', you'll sound like you know what you're talking about.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 9:05:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Was there a shortage?
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 9:09:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Saw CCI Stingers at one of the Wal Marts on Friday for $7/box, they probably had 10-15 boxes.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 9:22:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Op, you must live in some backwoods shithole. .22, .17hmr, .223, .45acp, 9mm. All are falling of the shelves around here. Just imagine prices in 6 months, ohhhhhh, paradise.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 10:37:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
OP, are you in KC area?   .22 is all over here.  I usually buy a couple 100 packs or bricks whenever I go to the store just to have it.  With the new "liberal preppers", I suspect .22 won't get any more affordable or be easier to find than right now.  If you want to shoot it, buy now.  At this point I think I'm buying for grandchildren, but I still buy some every trip.
View Quote

I'm north of KC. I don't stop in walmart that often on my way home from work, but aside from when I was getting my deer tags this year they are always out. When I stop in a LGS (again, not that often) it is worse than gun show prices. I don't even courtesy buy anymore.

My thread title sucks, I do realize you can find it all over online now. Still too much money IMO. Haven't ever tried agula for the 6 cents per round. I do like to buy american when possible even though I'm a hypocrite with commie guns and who knows what else. 3 cents per round mini mags was the last time I stocked up, at walmart, prior to buying my 15-22. I understand it was some years back. I started buying guns again middle of 2012 and whenever I googled a question, this site would frequently show up with a couple others. So I joined. I never bitched about the 13er bullshit because IDGAF. 4 years later I don't know if people point it out still because they think it is funny, or to troll, or if they honestly don't see the stupid shit posted by pretty much every join date on here. I know I'm no peach, but that's ok since none of you are particularly special either, regardless of what your mother told you.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 10:45:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Availability is definitely up, but price is not coming down. I think OP is partly right. At the height of the drought I sold a few Federal bulk 525 boxes for $35 each and felt guilty. Now they are on the shelf for $30 or more. So still 100% markup from five years ago.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top