Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 1:52:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Chuck Todd was 100% correct. Conway looked slimy. Not an encouraging first couple of days.
View Quote

Were we watching the same clip?
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 1:53:46 PM EDT
[#2]
The media has gotten used to either a passive (Bushes) or an outright friendly/partner/fellow traveller (Clinton and Obama) media interaction.

There is a new sheriff in town and he and his people are not pulling any punches.
Since very few of the current crop are old enough to have worked during the Reagan administration, this is just utterly baffling to them. They don't know what to do with this.

This will be a war.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 2:00:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm excited for the new relationship with the press.  Having said that, this interview wasn't good for our cause.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 2:02:28 PM EDT
[#4]
why they go on those shows is beyond me, shun MSNBC CNN
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 2:04:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Chuck Todd was 100% correct. Conway looked slimy. Not an encouraging first couple of days.

I was watching the one where he tried to get an answer out of her as to why Spicer stood up and made a jackass of himself by saying things that obviously aren't true.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 2:04:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Yes, she ripped into the press.
But she also dodged the questions that were asked.
View Quote
On purpose.

fuck them, she doesn't have to answer their stupid ass question designed to trap
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 2:09:36 PM EDT
[#7]
I loved how he laughed at her and then said he didn't.

As to the crowd size, here's an article from NBC: http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Trump-Inauguration-Crowd-Estimates-410559995.html

The photo used in the 2009/2017 comparison shows the white mats they put on the grass to protect it. There are large, white areas. Compare it to the photo taken from the reverse perspective, later in the day. You can see one white area. The rest is covered with people. They picked the image they wanted and it's been addressed. Entry was restricted when they took the Trump picture.

The improper use of photographs that distort the appearance of an event is an issue that goes back to at least the 1970s in this country. I was taught it in a journalism class. I can't remember which primary it was, but one of the democrat candidates gave an impromptu speech to a crowd. I think it was in New Hampshire. Someone took a picture of the candidate. The photo was shot from within the crowd and the people weren't standing close together. The photo showed a dozen people listening to the candidate; what a loser. Other photos showed that there were several hundred people at the speech, but the one that was used nationally made it seem like no one cared. That picture pretty much destroyed his campaign. It was taught in the college because it showed how an honest photograph can distort what happened and how it can wrongly affect public perception.

Now they do it on purpose. Then they laugh when they insult people and lie when they get called on it.

The press is the most useless group of people in this country. Donald Trump should hire Dave to manage crowd control.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 2:11:57 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm surprised someone hasn't set off a vbied outside of one of these "news" service's buildings.  A lot of people are feeling like they are being railroaded by people with a pulpit.  The "media", Hollywood, entertainers, etc. are attempting to marginalize people that don't think the way they do.  Something is eventually going to happen.

There was that guy a few years ago that sent some white powder in the mail to some news people.  He didn't get anyone though.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 2:18:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Fucking guy got owned!
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 2:20:54 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm really starting to like her.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 2:21:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I was watching the one where he tried to get an answer out of her as to why Spicer stood up and made a jackass of himself by saying things that obviously aren't true.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

METT-T?  More like Low-T.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 2:22:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 2:22:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Disagree.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 2:25:15 PM EDT
[#14]
I think it helps to remember the rich tradition of honest Press Secretaries ....

Ed Henry and Jay Carney Battle Over Eric Holder''s Lies
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 2:27:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 2:28:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Conway??? Get atta town
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 2:30:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 2:31:29 PM EDT
[#18]
In eight years, was Zippy or any one his surrogates questioned that sharply?  Never.  That's all you need to know.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 2:32:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
KAC is on fire. She will be instrumental in taking down the corrupt media.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 2:32:06 PM EDT
[#20]
I still think Milo should sub in some days for press secretary just for massive liberal outrage. And yes, refer to Trump as Daddy. The LBGTQAIWTFBBQ would have a meltdown as he uses their own culture against them.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 2:32:37 PM EDT
[#21]
She's hot
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 2:37:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The photo used in the 2009/2017 comparison shows the white mats they put on the grass to protect it. There are large, white areas. Compare it to the photo taken from the reverse perspective, later in the day. You can see one white area. The rest is covered with people. They picked the image they wanted and it's been addressed. Entry was restricted when they took the Trump picture.
View Quote

Your "reverse perspective, later in the day." invalidates your argument.

The 2009/2017 comparison was a picture from the same camera (mounted on the Washington Monument) at the exact same time of day (and both inaugurations started at the same time).  Apples-to-Apples.

Why the concern that 2009 had a bigger crowd?  That was the inauguration of the first minority President.  That's big.  That's new.  Big and new draws a larger crowd than the normal event.
Trump is a rich white guy (true even if you don't like the connotation).  Nothing new there.  That gets a normal sized crowd.  2009 was an outlier, not a new normal.

Also, the DC area (DC-Northern Virginia-Southern Maryland) voted Democrat more than it had for the prior 3 Republican Presidents.  That means that there were fewer supporters living within there-and-back driving distance (and DC traffic sucks) to attend which also drives down the numbers.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 2:37:54 PM EDT
[#23]
As long as Trump keeps the media focused on themselves, and it's laughable how easy it's been for him to do, they're not reporting on anything else he does.

Maybe I'm misreading the whole thing, but I think misdirection, much as magician's do, is one of his main goals with the media.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 2:39:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Meh, attacking a mans masculinity over what he thought of a tv interview speaks volumes.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 2:39:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Chuck Todd is a little weasel. His tactic of grasping one tiny thing while ignoring everything else (including the MLK bust story, which he poo-poo'd off) proved the press sec's, and KAC's point, which is that the media is both partisan and hostile towards Trump.

The longer I watched, the more evident it became.

MAGA!
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 2:40:26 PM EDT
[#26]
DAMN, she'd look good on the end of my dick!
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 2:41:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 2:43:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The 2009/2017 comparison was a picture from the same camera (mounted on the Washington Monument) at the exact same time of day (and both inaugurations started at the same time).  Apples-to-Apples.

Why the concern that 2009 had a bigger crowd?  That was the inauguration of the first minority President.  That's big.  That's new.  Big and new draws a larger crowd than the normal event.
Trump is a rich white guy (true even if you don't like the connotation).  Nothing new there.  That gets a normal sized crowd.  2009 was an outlier, not a new normal.

Also, the DC area (DC-Northern Virginia-Southern Maryland) voted Democrat more than it had for the prior 3 Republican Presidents.  That means that there were fewer supporters living within there-and-back driving distance (and DC traffic sucks) to attend which also drives down the numbers.

I thought CTR was shut down.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 2:43:45 PM EDT
[#29]
You missed the part where security was tighter getting everyone through the metal detectors took much longer than previous years.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 2:45:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Chuck Todd's wife is/was a DNC operative. That should tell you everything you need to know.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 2:47:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Unfortunately she said "Alternative facts," so we'll be hearing that for the next eight years.
Although that inauguration director guy came on later and explained that perfectly, they'll forget about him
View Quote

Alt Right, Alt Facts, Alt Government. I'm good with that.

Vive la alternative!
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 2:48:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Tomorrows first WH briefing should be interesting.
View Quote

Has anyone started an official thread about it yet?  If not, someone should.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 2:52:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Has anyone started an official thread about it yet?  If not, someone should.
View Quote

Bali Bali!
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 2:53:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Did you see the part when Todd laughed at her and then said he didn't?
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 3:02:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Look at the photos again. The pic from 2009 was time stamped 11:30. The one from 2017 was time stamped 11:04. If all the entrances weren't open at the time, and witness accounts say that was true, then those twenty six minutes make a big difference. I'm also not sure if it's a valid comparison whether people showed up earlier for the 2009 inauguration than the 2017 one. Are we counting the crowd or watching the clock and telling them that they can't have desert because they were late?

ETA - (added quote) I also don't care who had a bigger crowd. Crowd estimates at the 2009 inauguration varied by over 1,000,000 people. Spicer's comment included the tv audience, perhaps even the 14 people who watched it on CNN. The issue is press manipulation of what happened and I posted an NBC article about the inaccuracy inherent in crowd estimates. That article also mentioned the tv audience. Read it; it was surprisingly fair given that it was from NBC.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 3:03:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
You missed the part where security was tighter getting everyone through the metal detectors took much longer than previous years.
View Quote

A USSS spokesperson tells us no magnetometers were used on the National Mall for Trump's inauguration.

— Jim Acosta (@Acosta) January 22, 2017

According to two senior law enforcement officials, magnetometers WERE NOT USED in the areas Spicer said they were on the Mall.

— Michael S. Schmidt (@nytmike) January 22, 2017
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 3:04:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
THEY STILL DON'T "GET IT".

They're still reading that old, tattered playbook that has made them one of the most despised institutions in the country.
View Quote

Exactly right. After she bitch slapped him verbally he goes to a segment showing how many miles from DC the last few Presidents won counties. Made out like it was catastrophic that Trump went to like 40 miles vs 21 previously. Well no shit genius. The guy runs and is elected on "draining the swamp" and the inhabitants of the swamp didn't vote for him. That's a real head scratcher.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 3:05:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Yes, she ripped into the press.
But she also dodged the questions that were asked.
View Quote

She didn't dodge anything, we know why the PS did what he did and she explained it by saying fuck you without being crass.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 3:06:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 3:07:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
Tell us more about "obviously aren't true" .
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 3:08:40 PM EDT
[#41]
i think trump and cruz were the only two in the field of republicans who won't take any shit from the msm.  trump much more so.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 3:11:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I still think Milo should sub in some days for press secretary just for massive liberal outrage. And yes, refer to Trump as Daddy. The LBGTQAIWTFBBQ would have a meltdown as he uses their own culture against them.
View Quote

It would be epic!
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 3:14:44 PM EDT
[#43]
I agree the crowd size shouldn't be that big a deal (2009 first black president, DC full of dems, etc.), but I'm wondering if the Trump team deliberately chose to make an issue of it: send Spicer out with an unequivocal challenge regarding the reported crowd size, knowing for certain that this would be grabbed by tools like Chuck Todd on the Sunday shows.  I'm sure KAC already knew what was coming long before the cameras started rolling.  

Not the first time Trump has played the media - he's playing chess.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 3:17:44 PM EDT
[#44]
The comparison photos circulating are bullshit and amount to fake news - by the time Trump was speaking the place was packed and there was none of those "exposed white spaces" on the turf. That was the point of the press conference who really cares who had more people.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 3:24:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Is it wrong if Kelly Anne gives me a boner?
View Quote

Nope.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 3:25:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Has any CIA cone out and say they were upset?  Cuz that's all that matters.
View Quote
Professionals at CIA STFU and do their jobs.  They never talk to the press.

F Chunk Tard is a disgrace.  I think he needs to look up what "litigating" means.  What it does NOT mean is "refusing to let the left have the final word on what a fact is."   Tim Russert is rolling over in his grave.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 3:27:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
DAMN, she'd look good on the end of my dick!
View Quote
Stay classy.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 3:32:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
The fake reporting on the MLK bust is what started it all. @2:55.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcBblq-QOo4
View Quote
The press is going to be like this every single day. They are going to act like sore losers every moment they get. There's no shame among them. They just care about snubbing the GOP and justify it as truth to power now that they lost the election.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 3:33:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Someone needs to photoshop chuck todds head into one of those pussy costumes at twit the fuck out of it.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 3:33:10 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

Spicer laid it all out.  Nobody... NOBODY... even tries to keep a count of how many people are actually on the lawn vs. on the surrounding streets, vs. being at home having a margarita.  If you just look at verifiable FACTS, one fact is that public transit ridership was way up the day of Trump's inauguration vs.  Obama's.  Another fact relies on TV ratings.  And that's about it for FACTS.  If you're claiming that those facts "obviously aren't true", then I challenge you to back up your claim and prove it.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top