Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 12:05:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That's about the dumbest, saddest thing I've read today.  And this is GD.
View Quote

It's funny how differently people view things.  I think his suggestions to his sons is brilliant.

Why the hell would any man want to bed down with a legal system that gives women everything after a divorce?   My only disagreement is the long term monogamous part.  Screw that.  Rotate new  ones in every few months.

Link Posted: 1/22/2017 12:09:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

One wonders where the next generation of Americans is going to come from with you guys not marrying and not co-habituating with women.  How are we going to Make American Great Again if we quit making new Americans?

You poor little babies.  You did a shitty job picking women now you want to take your ball and go home.  Boo Hoo.

Pathetic.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have told my sons to NEVER get married.  The risk is to great vs the reward.  They should be in committed monogamous relationships, yes, but don't move in, don't let her move in and don't knock her up.  Today the cards are stacked against men in every legal way.  

Marriage is a legal farce.

ETA, none of my single nephews are even considering getting married.  All are of the age.  

2 did 15 years ago and one is miserable the other married a self sufficient nurse who contrary to the stereotype is not cray cray.

Still gotta be careful about common-law status.  Not cohabitating helps.

One wonders where the next generation of Americans is going to come from with you guys not marrying and not co-habituating with women.  How are we going to Make American Great Again if we quit making new Americans?

You poor little babies.  You did a shitty job picking women now you want to take your ball and go home.  Boo Hoo.

Pathetic.

I would go make a new American just for you, but alas, my wife is already incubating one so it'll be a few months.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 12:10:15 PM EDT
[#3]
You're not getting Laid anyway so you might as well disregard females completely, as the end result is basically the same. Thats what its about. I was into it for several years until I ran across a quality woman. If that doesn't work out I'd probably go right back where I left off.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 12:10:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

It's funny how differently people view things.  I think his suggestions to his sons is brilliant.

Why the hell would any man want to bed down with a legal system that gives women everything after a divorce?   My only disagreement is the long term monogamous part.  Screw that.  Rotate new  ones in every few months.

View Quote

Because in the end you'll be a shallow, lonely, emotional cripple.

It used to be that growing up entailed picking a good woman, getting married, setting up a home, having and raising children.  Now we raise man-children that want to live in perpetual adolescence.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 12:11:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I would go make a new American just for you, but alas, my wife is already incubating one so it'll be a few months.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have told my sons to NEVER get married.  The risk is to great vs the reward.  They should be in committed monogamous relationships, yes, but don't move in, don't let her move in and don't knock her up.  Today the cards are stacked against men in every legal way.  

ETA, none of my single nephews are even considering getting married.  All are of the age.  

2 did 15 years ago and one is miserable the other married a self sufficient nurse who contrary to the stereotype is not cray cray.

Pathetic.

Then you're co-habitating with her?

Why don't you follow your own advice?
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 12:11:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Don't pick up whores from bars. Same for women. Oh I met this girl at a titty bar, its true love. Fuck outta here.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 12:13:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting point.  My wife tells my sons this also.  We see a divorce rate over 50% and the guy gets screwed over every time.  There is NOTHING to be gained by getting married.  It is a legal farce and I stand by that.  

BTW, I have been married 31 years to the same woman and she is too good for me.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 12:13:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pathetic.

Alas, marriage is one of those things you only really learn about once you're in it.

Link Posted: 1/22/2017 12:15:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

It used to be that growing up entailed picking a good woman, getting married, setting up a home, having and raising children.  Now we raise man-children that want to live in perpetual adolescence.
View Quote

Work hard, make a career for yourself, get a car, a house, eat well, be happy.  NEVER chase a woman, if she loves you, you won't have to chase.  

I never said don't fall in love.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 12:16:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Alas, marriage is one of those things you only really learn about once you're in it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pathetic.

I've been married longer than most here have been alive.  I'm not the one advising to avoid "co-habitating" with a women.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 12:17:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Work hard, make a career for yourself, get a car, a house, eat well, be happy.  NEVER chase a woman, if she loves you, you won't have to chase.  

I never said don't fall in love.
View Quote

No, you only advise your sons never to marry a woman.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 12:18:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

It used to be that women knew their place in the home / family setting too.  Times change.

Now women are "empowered" and try to do it all.  When they fail, they blame their husbands and cash out.

There is no relationship / pussy on the planet worth that kind of financial / emotional roller coaster.   Fuck um.

Link Posted: 1/22/2017 12:19:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yep.  Don't get married.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 12:20:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I've been married longer than most here have been alive.  I'm not the one advising to avoid "co-habitating" with a women.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pathetic.

I'm glad for you.

I wish I'd been able to start a relationship in an era where marriage was honored more in the observance than the breach.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 12:21:05 PM EDT
[#15]
After my marriage imploded I was (obviously) single for a while. After not having someone to sleep next to I finally said "fuck this" and found myself a nice, sane woman who wasn't looking for a sugar daddy. Hell, she makes more money than I do.

Been together for a few months now and couldn't be happier.

Swearing off women entirely? Doesn't compute - I couldn't do it.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 12:22:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Pathetic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pathetic.

I agree, sadly most people don't know how to be adults anymore. 
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 12:22:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Yep.  Don't get married.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.  Don't get married.

I find it hard to believe that any man in a happy, loving, marriage would give such advice.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 12:23:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I'm glad for you.

I wish I'd been able to start a relationship in an era where marriage was honored more in the observance than the breach.
View Quote

What a fucking cop out.  

Yeah, it's society's fault.  

Sounds like every g*d damn leftist I ever met.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 12:25:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Its for I we use men more than fat guys...

I am fat
I am bald
I am married now. When I was sisingle getting laid was never a problem.
View Quote

Can you taste almonds? Tunnel vision?
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 12:27:29 PM EDT
[#20]
ITT we learn who has been royally fucked over by the family court system and who has not.....yet.

MGTOW=max gross take off weight.  In a CL-60 it is 45,100 lbs.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 12:29:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I agree, sadly most people don't know how to be adults anymore. 
View Quote

Well, you know ... being an adult is hard and stuff.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 12:31:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
So you mean to tell me I've been hip for 17yrs? (After divorce)<----Trendsetter
View Quote

I had to do a double take I thought that last bit read "transgender". GD has warped my brain.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 12:34:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

After 25 years married I'd go with this plan if things didn't work out. I have no desire to ride this train again.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 12:37:47 PM EDT
[#24]
on two?

Some decent responses so far.  
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 12:38:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Ive said more than a few times should I wind up single for any reason my personal relationships with women would be competely commercial in nature.

Dont get me wrong. I love my wife with all my heart. She is my best friend, and we do a ton of things together. (MC riding, scuba diving, shooting, etc) 

I have zero desire to launch that search again. 
View Quote

This exactly.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 12:43:01 PM EDT
[#26]
"Oh, I love my wife more than anything, but I'd never want to try to have that again if it were ended and you younger guys should never get married".

Why does the first assertion seem so incongruent with the rest of the sentence?
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 12:43:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Pretty much this. Too many ways I can get fucked over big time.
I have many friends that settled down gotten their woman preggo and now they are stuck not seeing their kids and paying child support, and the greedy bitches keep coming back to take more stuff.

Why the fuck would I even want to go through shit like that?
I WANT to carry on the family name and children would be fun as hell but I will NOT let another take care of my damned children. I am not a sperm donor.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 12:46:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Curious how old you are?  You said you've probably been married longer than most have been alive.  I gotta assume you are 60-70 years old.

The reason I ask is because you seem to have very strong views that part of being an adult is getting married and having children.

I'm 50 and I advised my adult children against marriage. One listened (so far) one did not.  I strongly suggest not following the old brainwashed norms of society.  Society today is very different than that of your era.

Link Posted: 1/22/2017 12:48:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Pathetic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pathetic.

My view is actually almost the exact opposite of your last full sentence.  Man/boys are "generally" assholes and childish pricks. Women involved with a guy that is a giant bag of dicks doesn't mean the guy "did a shitty job of picking a woman". Rather it could mean that she got tired of his bullshit and sued the fuck out of them. Can't say I blame them....although that exact same system did exactly that to me as well.  

My experience is that there a a TON of GREAT women available but they know how to spot their former douche bag husband at a 1000yrds now and aren't playing that game again.  

Marriage is a whole different all game and I am of the opinion that I do not want the Secular State involved in my private religious sacrament----if it is even that.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 12:49:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Pretty much this. Too many ways I can get fucked over big time.
I have many friends that settled down gotten their woman preggo and now they are stuck not seeing their kids and paying child support, and the greedy bitches keep coming back to take more stuff.

Why the fuck would I even want to go through shit like that?
I WANT to carry on the family name and children would be fun as hell but I will NOT let another take care of my damned children. I am not a sperm donor.
View Quote

How many men look at a women as a potential mate and think "is she a mature reasonable person that would be a good mother to my children"?  I'll tell you that in years past many men, at least those that had a bit of maturity themselves, would ask themselves these questions before getting into a marriage.

It seems as if most men today aren't thinking much beyond "nice tits" in picking a mate.  That and the fact that post 1960s we seemed to have decided that selfishness is a virtue.  I suppose the results are predictable.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 12:51:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Curious how old you are?  You said you've probably been married longer than most have been alive.  I gotta assume you are 60-70 years old.

The reason I ask is because you seem to have very strong views that part of being an adult is getting married and having children.

I'm 50 and I advised my adult children against marriage. One listened (so far) one did not.  I strongly suggest not following the old brainwashed norms of society.  Society today is very different than that of your era.

View Quote

Yeah, those old brainwashed norms of society that produced far more stable and happy marriages.  What a bunch of crap.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 12:55:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Sometimes the only winning move is not to play.

You now have a generation of men that were raised by divorced women. They watched the financial ruin and mental torture their fathers went through when the marriage went of the rails and have decided to say "no thanks" to an institution that offers considerable risk with little gain when things do work correctly. An unmarried couple can do anything a married couple can just without the possibility of giving up half of everything you worked for and making a lifetime of alimony payments when your other half decides to start fucking their personal trainer. Eventually I expect to see more common law type rules put into place to provide women a way to transfer wealth from their long term partners when and if things come to an end now that a lot of men are no longer buying the cow.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 1:01:39 PM EDT
[#33]
What you guys are advocating is what has essentially already happened in much of Europe where marriage is as an institution for all practical purposes dead.   Young Europeans don't much bother to get married and consequently don't much bother to have children. The end result is that these societies are on their way out.  They are winning the societal Darwin award with fertility rates in the range of 1.2 ~ 1.3 in many areas.  So you see, your proposal isn't what we call "viable in the long term".  In these areas Europeans are being replaced by immigrants from the third world that will bother to procreate and .... heaven forbid .... co-habitate with a woman (!).

So explain to me how what you're suggesting is a long term plan for this country?
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 1:02:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not the user you replied to but I'm 38 and I agree with him.  The loss of societal norms has fucked us as a country IMO. 
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 1:05:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not many states recognize common law marriage these days. Illinois actually outlawed common law marriage over 100 years ago for example. For all it's other shitty legal statues Illinois is fairly reasonable when it comes to divorce laws when compared to places like California, New York and Texas which are possibly the worst states for a man to get divorced in.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 1:07:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Sometimes the only winning move is not to play.

You now have a generation of men that were raised by divorced women. They watched the financial ruin and mental torture their fathers went through when the marriage went of the rails and have decided to say "no thanks" to an institution that offers considerable risk with little gain when things do work correctly. An unmarried couple can do anything a married couple can just without the possibility of giving up half of everything you worked for and making a lifetime of alimony payments when your other half decides to start fucking their personal trainer. Eventually I expect to see more common law type rules put into place to provide women a way to transfer wealth from their long term partners when and if things come to an end now that a lot of men are no longer buying the cow.
View Quote

Well, a reasonable man might say to himself ... "better make sure that I marry an emotionally mature woman that shares my values" rather than "I'm taking my ball and going home".

The former is a grown up response to the situation, the latter is not.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 1:09:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Then along came no fault divorces. It used to be that only the upper classes got married as a means of maintaining hereditary ownership of estates and to maintain political alliances. Commoners rarely married.

What's old is new again.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 1:18:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Then along came no fault divorces. It used to be that only the upper classes got married as a means of maintaining hereditary ownership of estates and to maintain political alliances. Commoners rarely married.

What's old is new again.
View Quote

In this country what you suggest has really never been true.  We have a long history of a large and robust middle class and as a rule the middle class and above married at high rates and were known for stable long term marriages.

But perhaps you're suggesting that you consider yourself a "commoner" and you find the historical precedent for skipping marriage appealing.

You are correct however in noting the pathology created by no fault divorce, but I suspect you don't understand the root cause.  What easy divorce did was cause people to be far less cautious in getting *in* to a marriage, since it became far easier to get out of one.  In the past when divorce was difficult, reasonable people gave a great deal of thought to their potential mate before saying "I do".  Of course, there's nothing preventing people from being that selective today, aside from a general lack of maturity which is no longer much valued as a trait in our culture.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 1:21:17 PM EDT
[#39]
I find this wery interdast.

At work there are many young men that have been saying this stuff for years now.
They WANT children/family but absolutely no farking way will they marry. Not even let women live in their home.
They all know they'll get ruined in a divorce.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 1:22:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Fat out of shape neckbeards living in mom's basement swearing off women.  

I shit you not.  
View Quote

After two divorces I'm pretty much there with them.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 1:22:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

In the past when divorce was difficult, reasonable people gave a great deal of thought to their potential mate before saying "I do".  Of course, there's nothing preventing people from being that selective today, aside from a general lack of maturity which is no longer much valued as a trait in our culture.
View Quote

Amen.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 1:23:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Well, a reasonable man might say to himself ... "better make sure that I marry an emotionally mature woman that shares my values" rather than "I'm taking my ball and going home".

View Quote

My 10 year marriage was great for the first 8 years. Then after starting a new job she decided to try to relive her glory years again by going out with her new coworkers 4-5 nights per week and shutting down the bars. It lead to regular fights at home as you can imagine and eventually graduated to full blown alcoholism and adultery which is where I pulled the eject lever. Then I got to learn about how wonderful our family courts are. Point is I never saw it coming and neither would you unless you have a real live crystal ball.

If the institution of marriage is to be saved then marital misconduct needs to decide the outcome of divorce settlements. Otherwise it's a terrible proposition for a man to enter into. Not that women can't be victims of the terrible system as well but that's rarely how it works out.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 1:26:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Is this the line for signing up to lose half my shit?

Yes, I do need more government in my life.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 1:26:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

My 10 year marriage was great for the first 8 years. Then after starting a new job she decided to try to relive her teen years again by going out with her new coworkers 4-5 nights per week and shutting down the bars. It lead to regular fights at home as you can imagine and eventually graduated to full blown alcoholism and adultery which is where I pulled the eject lever. Then I got to learn about how wonderful our family courts are. Point is I never saw it coming and neither would you unless you have a real live crystal ball.

If the institution of marriage is to be saved then marital misconduct needs to decide the outcome of divorce settlements. Otherwise it's a terrible proposition for a man to enter into. Not that women can't be victims of the terrible system as well but that's rarely how it works out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My 10 year marriage was great for the first 8 years. Then after starting a new job she decided to try to relive her teen years again by going out with her new coworkers 4-5 nights per week and shutting down the bars. It lead to regular fights at home as you can imagine and eventually graduated to full blown alcoholism and adultery which is where I pulled the eject lever. Then I got to learn about how wonderful our family courts are. Point is I never saw it coming and neither would you unless you have a real live crystal ball.

Just think if you had married a woman that was never a party girl in the first place 

Choose wisely. Not directed at you but choose wisely or as someone said earlier be selective. 
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 1:26:59 PM EDT
[#45]
the pendulum swings back and forth

you start punishing men for being men, some of them are going to lick your hand like a dog and some are going to give you the finger and going to refuse to participate.

it doesn't surprise me at all that some men are walking away from the whole mess

in france, it's ILLEGAL to get a paternity test

if some woman says that it's your kid, then that's that, you are on the hook

If I lived in that society, I would take a walk too
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 1:27:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I'm not the user you replied to but I'm 38 and I agree with him.  The loss of societal norms has fucked us as a country IMO. 
View Quote

So you advocate men getting screwed over by women for the good of the country?

How nice of you.

Most of the people I encounter are divorced,  some are remarried. Most of the married folks are miserable. Marriage just doesn't seem like I viable plan.

Women are confused today.  They are made fun of by other women if they don't work and achieve status in sociaty.  Then they are condemned for working too much and not staying home raising kids.  Women in general are emotional roller coasters and their husbands are forced to tolerate this nonsense. With absolutely no benifit to himself.  Marriage is an obsolete ideal for fools.

Link Posted: 1/22/2017 1:28:10 PM EDT
[#47]
The problem, IMO, is that MGTOW seems to focus on the individual, the female.

Now, this is awesome alinsky moves, but hardly the issue most seem to have.

Why not instead focus on the court system, the laws, the actual shit that matters?

Some skank that tricked someone into marrying her isn't the problem, it's the system that allows her to fuck over the guy x2.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 1:28:15 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
A reactionary movement in response to 3rd wave feminism and it's reach into law.

It will(and I think pretty much has) jump the shark and just become women hating faggotry.
View Quote

I like the new avatar
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 1:30:08 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I like the new avatar
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A reactionary movement in response to 3rd wave feminism and it's reach into law.

It will(and I think pretty much has) jump the shark and just become women hating faggotry.

I like the new avatar

Which one are you seeing? My phone is slow to update
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 1:30:15 PM EDT
[#50]
Oh as for the good old days my grandparents on my mothers side hated each other. They stayed married for over 40 years till death did them part but for most of my childhood they owned a duplex and each lived in their own half. Grandma was kind of pushed into the marriage by her family which is also how it was often done "back in the day". That's not anything I'll romanticize.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top