Fleetwood Mac - Go Your Own Way
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 10:23:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I'm old and antiquated.

Please explain as only GD can.
View Quote

Men Going Their Own Way

Basically, don't get married and fuck the game of chasing women, it ain't worth it. Why get married when there's a high chance you're gonna get divorced?

It ranges between completely checking out of chasing women to just never getting married. Focus on your hobbies and fun things, and just do you.

Feminists are melting down over it.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 10:23:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Maximum gross takeoff weight?

Airplanes can only carry so much weight, even if they are on a treadmill. With magnets involved somehow...
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 10:25:09 AM EDT
[#4]
A reactionary movement in response to 3rd wave feminism and it's reach into law.

It will(and I think pretty much has) jump the shark and just become women hating faggotry.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 10:26:01 AM EDT
[#5]
In.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 10:27:15 AM EDT
[#6]
It's for fat guys.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 10:29:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Men Going Their Own Way

Basically, don't get married and fuck the game of chasing women, it ain't worth it. Why get married when there's a high chance you're gonna get divorced?

It ranges between completely checking out of chasing women to just never getting married. Focus on your hobbies and fun things, and just do you.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm old and antiquated.

Men Going Their Own Way

Isn't that half of being a dude, doin whatever you want and general apathy toward most others?
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 10:30:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 10:30:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Men Going Their Own Way

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm old and antiquated.

Men Going Their Own Way

Hahaha

I have been rolling like this for years. Some people here call it not growing up and settling down, blah. Do what you want. Enjoy life.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 10:31:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Better to hear Dante Nero or Patrice O'Neal on the Black Philip show explain on YouTube.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 10:33:55 AM EDT
[#11]
So you mean to tell me I've been hip for 17yrs? (After divorce)

<----Trendsetter
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 10:36:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Isn't that half of being a dude, doin whatever you want and general apathy toward most others?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm old and antiquated.

Men Going Their Own Way

I don't know  I don't speak for an entire community of internet people. But it's definitely in part reactionary to the poisoning of the well all the current 3rd wave feminism and SJW type stuff currently.

Like I said, feminists are melting down and calling it the same women hating misogynistic shit like the red pill. Can't lose their white knights?  

It strikes me as the people that would be white knights, checking out of that stupid game, and just doing whatever they want. Obviously the crazy 3rd wave feminists [Brianna Wu et. al.] don't like it, because they lose a tool to shame and coerce people.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 10:36:56 AM EDT
[#13]
TL;DR version = fuck bitches, acquire money?
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 10:37:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Never heard of this but its interesting.
It's almost like fuck butches get money.
Beat of course**
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 10:37:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
TL;DR version = fuck bitches, acquire money?
View Quote

Pretty much
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 10:39:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Fat out of shape neckbeards living in mom's basement swearing off women.  

I shit you not.  
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 10:41:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Airplanes can only carry so much weight, even if they are on a treadmill. With magnets involved somehow...
View Quote

Not gonna lie, that's what I think of every time I see it.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 10:44:12 AM EDT
[#18]
It appears to be a collection of males who never learned how to relate to women collectively bitching on the internet about their lack of ability to relate to women. I just learned about it myself.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 10:45:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I shit you not.  
View Quote

Basically.  But hey, more power to them.  Make the best of a bad situation.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 10:48:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Men Going Their Own Way

View Quote

Sounds like a marketing plan developed by those robotic sex doll companies. Of course,  I keep my tinfoil chapeau cinched a little tight too.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 10:49:02 AM EDT
[#21]
I totally agree with the movement. I was divorced once before and the bitch kidnapped my kids and disappeared. I am married to a wonderful woman now. If for some reason we got divorced, that's it, I'm done with women. Why would I want to put myself through that a third time?
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 10:49:53 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I shit you not.  

It's just that guys like that swearing off women seems so ..... redundant.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 10:51:06 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

This makes more sense to me than the other explanation.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 10:54:18 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I totally agree with the movement. I was divorced once before and the bitch kidnapped my kids and disappeared. I am married to a wonderful woman now. If for some reason we got divorced, that's it, I'm done with women. Why would I want to put myself through that a third time?
View Quote

Why would you do it a second time after what you described?
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 10:55:40 AM EDT
[#25]
So they aren't gay but they swear off women?
My guess is they swear off women till they find one that will have them
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 10:59:27 AM EDT
[#26]
Not really.  

I have a very close divorced friend in this situation, and has been following MGTOW for many years.  

He fishes, shoots, works hard and does whatever the fuck he wants, all the time.    

I think some guys just wind up in it, and figure out that it doesn't suck.  

He does like to come to my house to eat though.  
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 10:59:58 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
So they aren't gay but they swear off women?
My guess is they swear off women till they find one that will have them
View Quote

If I'm reading it right they're not swearing off women, they're swearing off letting women get their hooks(emotionally, financially, legally) into you.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 11:01:01 AM EDT
[#28]
Failure to launch. 
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 11:01:46 AM EDT
[#29]
Here's a 40 second explanation of that movement....

Once upon a time a handsome prince asked a beautiful prince "will you marry me?"
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 11:02:46 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 11:05:03 AM EDT
[#31]
At 52, if I were to find myself single again, I wouldn't seek another relationship.  I'd have fun, live my life, buy toys, and enjoy not having to compromise.  When the need arises,, I'll rub one out and then get back to having fun.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 11:06:17 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
At 52, if I were to find myself single again, I wouldn't seek another relationship.  I'd have fun, live my life, buy toys, and enjoy not having to compromise.  When the need arises,, I'll rub one out and then get back to having fun.
View Quote

At that age you could probably just afford to fuck a hooker a few times a month.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 11:09:40 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

At that age you could probably just afford to fuck a hooker a few times a month.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Meh, I got bored with hookers back when I was going to sea.  The occasional no strings hookup would be nice though.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 11:13:44 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 11:13:47 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote
Ive said more than a few times should I wind up single for any reason my personal relationships with women would be competely commercial in nature.

Dont get me wrong. I love my wife with all my heart. She is my best friend, and we do a ton of things together. (MC riding, scuba diving, shooting, etc) 

I have zero desire to launch that search again. 
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 11:16:12 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

How so?  They have declared that men are unnecessary.  I have 2 sons, 29 & 30.  Both had relatively long relationships when they were younger but then seemed to have sworn off of relationships because of all the drama that brings along.  

Now, my 29 year old who is in a medical residency seems to have a gal-pal who is a medical student.  They seem to be getting serious based upon the amount of time they spend together.  

My older son, concentrates on work, building a home, collecting bourbon, ski trips, socializing with a large group of friends and other similar exploits.  He is pretty much all about himself.  I asked him if he was a mgtow and he said "A what?".  I started to explain and he brushed it off.  I suppose someday he'll meet the right one, or maybe not.

Women have created the current state of affairs.  They gave us the one finger salute far too long.

I've been married for 39 years and we're now empty nesters.  We had some really, really rocky years, and this is no harlequin romance, but we share some interests and are too tired to fight.  If anything were to upset this apple cart such as divorce or death, I would likely drift into the mgtow style of life.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 11:20:15 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

It's just that guys like that swearing off women seems so ..... redundant.
View Quote

In the modern context it is, but it is also making things explicit for the benefit of others which previously went unsaid. Men are nerds who like to do that.

In olden times(tm) a stable marriage was easier to get and hold on to because cultural norms suppressed hypergamy and sex as a positional good.

After the sexual revolution, the top 80% of women chase the top 20% of men for sex, then switch to a separate top 20% for income when their biological clock starts ticking.

The median males get used goods and the basement dwellers go sexless.
Once they recognize they are Calhoun's rats, they can cut their losses and play instead of work.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 11:26:06 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Ive said more than a few times should I wind up single for any reason my personal relationships with women would be competely commercial in nature.

Dont get me wrong. I love my wife with all my heart. She is my best friend, and we do a ton of things together. (MC riding, scuba diving, shooting, etc) 

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here...I've raised my son and I have ZERO desire to raise someone else's kids for them.

I can stand a little PMS, but I will NOT suffer through another woman's menopause, evar.

I'm secure enough with myself that I don't need or want to tie myself to another person ever again. Not planning on a divorce anytime soon, but if anything ever happened to mrs_pony I have no intention of getting married or shacking up again.

Not to mention, I don't want to dilute my son's inheritance. I've worked my ass off to make what I've got and carefully planned on passing a substantial chunk of that on to him when I'm done with it. I recently watched an old friend's kids suddenly lose most of his estate to some bar-fly he married a year or two before he suddenly died and she took the lion's share simply by surviving.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 11:26:27 AM EDT
[#39]
One day Trump.

Next day pussy hat march.

Today all sorts of new societal bullshit I have to learn.

It's like the gate at the zoo broke open, and I have to identify all these unfamiliar intersectional species.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 11:26:28 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
A reactionary movement in response to 3rd wave feminism and it's reach into law.

It will(and I think pretty much has) jump the shark and just become women hating faggotry.
View Quote

As usual, Mr. Smiley is on it like cheese on pizza.

http://www.returnofkings.com/64616/why-men-going-their-own-way-is-no-way-for-men-to-go

n the past few months, Men Going Their Own Way (MGTOW) has completed its devolution from a sensible philosophy of masculinity into a cult for lonely virgins. While I never identified as MGTOW myself, the old-guard MGTOW blog NO MA’AM (whose owner, Rob Fedders, has become so embarrassed by what MGTOW has become that he’s wiped almost all mention of it from his site) was a huge influence on my thinking; indeed, it was my introduction to anti-feminist thought in general.The men who created the MGTOW philosophy a decade ago—zed, Ragnar, Rob Fedders etc.—were learned men, who’d seen the horrors of second- and third-wave feminism first-hand. They rode motorcycles, banged girls and read books, sharing their findings via blogs and forums. MGTOW was deliberately conceived as an “anti-movement,” in response to the impotence of men’s rights’ activists, and the “marriage strike“—the most recognizable part of modern “migtow” bleating—wasn’t even mentioned in the original MGTOW manifesto.

As it exists now, MGTOW has become a lonely hearts’ club for the refuse of the male species. Not only are most Virgins Going Their Own Way personally repellent losers, their “philosophy” is completely wrongheaded. Men Going Their Own Way will never appeal to anything more than the rejects of American society because it’s a philosophy that denies the fundamental nature of human beings.

More at the link
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 11:39:39 AM EDT
[#41]
It just seems like yet another social movement encouraging males to remain unmarried and childless isn't exactly what the doctor ordered to keep society healthy going forward.

Europe is in the throws of this already with fertility rates hovering around 1.2 ~ 1.3 in some countries.  

It all seems rather selfish to me.  But I suppose if you don't care about anything beyond yourself it probably makes a lot of sense.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 11:41:59 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
It just seems like yet another social movement encouraging males to remain unmarried and childless isn't exactly what the doctor ordered to keep society healthy going forward.

Europe is in the throws of this already with fertility rates hovering around 1.2 ~ 1.3 in some countries.  

It all seems rather selfish to me.  But I suppose if you don't care about anything beyond yourself it probably makes a lot of sense.
View Quote
Davos speeches about global population impacting climate change, reduce world birth rates.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 11:45:39 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 11:46:05 AM EDT
[#44]
I have told my sons to NEVER get married.  The risk is to great vs the reward.  They should be in committed monogamous relationships, yes, but don't move in, don't let her move in and don't knock her up.  Today the cards are stacked against men in every legal way.  

Marriage is a legal farce.

ETA, none of my single nephews are even considering getting married.  All are of the age.  

2 did 15 years ago and one is miserable the other married a self sufficient nurse who contrary to the stereotype is not cray cray.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 11:47:49 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I have told my sons to NEVER get married.  The risk is to great vs the reward.  They should be in committed monogamous relationships, yes, but don't move in, don't let her move in and don't knock her up.  Today the cards are stacked against men in every legal way.  

View Quote

That's about the dumbest, saddest thing I've read today.  And this is GD.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 11:50:46 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

That's about the dumbest, saddest thing I've read today.  And this is GD.
View Quote

The truth hurts sometimes.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 11:52:40 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

ETA, none of my single nephews are even considering getting married.  All are of the age.  

2 did 15 years ago and one is miserable the other married a self sufficient nurse who contrary to the stereotype is not cray cray.
View Quote

Still gotta be careful about common-law status.  Not cohabitating helps.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 11:53:56 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
It's for fat guys.
View Quote

Its for I we use men more than fat guys...

I am fat
I am bald
I am married now. When I was sisingle getting laid was never a problem.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 11:59:17 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

The truth hurts sometimes.
View Quote

It's not the truth.  Tell your sons not to marry rabid feminists by all means.  Tell them not to marry emotional cripples certainly.  But there are plenty of decent women out there.  This position is the most retarded thing born out of anger and bitterness.  So *you* fucked up and married a bad women.  That says *infinitely* more about *your* ability to judge women than it says about women in general.  

Yeah, I suppose the truth can hurt.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 12:04:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

One wonders where the next generation of Americans is going to come from with you guys not marrying and not co-habituating with women.  How are we going to Make American Great Again if we quit making new Americans?

You poor little babies.  You did a shitty job picking women now you want to take your ball and go home.  Boo Hoo.

Pathetic.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top