BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 1:30:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My son (12 years old, 7th grade) is bigger than that. His middle school football team isn't much smaller than her team.  That's scary.
View Quote

TX football isn't for the weak.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 1:33:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I lived in a tiny town growing up, I think we were a div 3 HS for football. The school football team only started at 7th grade, I had to go to the nearest bigger town to play on the boys club football team(I did that in 4th or 5th grade). Our school was so small, that even at the HS level you didn't need to "try out" for football, they took everybody and still would only have 20-30 people on the freshman and JV teams. Varsity would have more they would pull the best players from JV and sometimes the freshman team. When I started playing for the school in 7th grade I found out the 8th grade team had a girl, and she was their quarterback(7th and 8th practiced together). I was pretty shocked, I mean this was in the 90's so it wasn't unheard of but it wasn't as common as it is now. There are some points people have brought up that I would like to address from what I've seen first hand.

The girl on our team could actually throw as well as most of the guys. The ones who could do it as good or better were more valuable in other positions.
    The girl on our team wasn't as physical in tackling or blocking drills as the guys.
    The kids on our football teams(even up into high school) weren't any bigger than kids on that team this Northern girl is playing for. I'd assume shes playing for a school similar to mine, not some big time HS(we occasionally scrimmaged the D1 team from the town I played football in the boys club, they destroyed us, easily).
    Any guy on her team or an opposing team is going to play differently just because she is there. Even the guys who will decide to treat her as an equal are going to be thinking about it instead of just playing like they normally would.
    The girl on our team quit after freshman year I believe. I don't know her personal reasons for why but it was becoming obvious that physically she wasn't at the same level as the guys.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 1:34:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Except that knock could very well be a life changing injury.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A woman is a fool to try to compete with men in an endeavor in which survival - and to an even greater degree, success, is largely determined by muscle mass.  The sooner this chick gets knocked back into the real world, the better for everyone, particularly her.

Shit happens, particularly when one is a fool.  It's the way of the world.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 1:40:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Wait. . .that girl is in 9TH GRADE!. . . . . So she's like. . . 14?   . . . . really?

I was in 9th grade once. . . NONE of the girls looked like that. . . we were little kids, fer Chrissakes!
View Quote

She was 14 two years ago.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 1:43:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What a bunch of idiots.

So she throws half as far as a boy, takes twice as long to begin to throw and will lead her team to victory?  

A girl can do anything a boy can if she wants to.  Sure that must be why no women beat a men's world record.  They just don't want to bad enough.
View Quote

It's the Institutionalized Sexism of the Olympics which prevents them from competing with men.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 1:45:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My son (12 years old, 7th grade) is bigger than that. His middle school football team isn't much smaller than her team.  That's scary.

Maybe you should send that memo to your college teams.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 1:45:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Good for her for trying, but I hope she stays second string.

In ninth grade I was 6'2" and about 245. I would seriously hurt her if I had to hit her.I wouldn't even know what to do.

As a senior defensive end I was 6'4" and 280.

She'd be in legitimate danger in any of our games. I'd probably voluntarily sit instead of crippling some poor girl.

She also has one of the weirdest and slowest releases I've ever seen.That's what will save her life cause she'll never start, and it's not cause she's a girl, she'd just going to get hurt
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 1:55:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I wrestled against a few different girls in high school. Only one was during a real match though. As a freshman I was so worried I would get a Boner that as soon as the match started I threw her in a headlock took her airborn pinning her with in seconds.  I felt bad because she look like she was going to cry,  but I had no choice
View Quote

Lol that's awesome.

A guy on my wrestling team had to wrestle a girl and he wss terrified for the same reason.he was really worried about it.

Worst case scenario came true.he lost the match AND pitched a tent
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 1:56:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Did you miss the part where she is 14?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd "sack" her. 

Did you miss the part where she is 14?  

Link Posted: 1/22/2017 1:58:48 PM EDT
[#10]
She's still more of a football player than that kicker.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 2:05:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Who cares. 

Really. 

99% of highschool football players have the same snowball's chance in hell of playing college just like her. Should we ban them too? Let her play. If she gets hurt, well, that's football too.
View Quote

That's not the spirit of this thread, no said she couldn't try, we all are saying it's. It going to end well
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 2:06:23 PM EDT
[#12]
1. It's high school football, not the NFL or even college. So of course kids are going to be small.
2. Who cares. Let her play.
3. It will solve itself given time.
4. A lot of guys here trying to re-live their prime...
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 2:07:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Ya that football team is very small, even for our smaller classes in oklahoma.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 2:15:53 PM EDT
[#14]
If she can do it, then let her. If she can't hack it, cut her from the team.

Even if she's second best, then she can be the backup QB.

Ignore the fact she has tits, and treat her just like any other player. It's that simple.

The standard should not be lowered, she must meet or exceed the standard to play.

I have no issue playing on a team or working with a female, as long as they can do what needs to get done. I have no issues following a female leader, again, as long as they are competent.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 2:21:04 PM EDT
[#15]
There was a girl a class ahead of me that played football through at least 6th grade. I didn't want to hit her, and she fucking nearly delcleated me. Learned my lesson not to go easy on her.

She was built a lot more like a man than the girl in the OP, though. She wrestled in HS and was actually competitive on the state level, girl in OP doesn't look nearly athletic (maybe read: manly) as she was.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 2:39:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 2:44:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'm a former head coach.

I've had some girls try and I encourage the boys to hit them as hard as anyone else.  No mercy.  Sometimes...they can survive in middle school if they have already reached full growth.  They will sometimes have more strength than some of the weaker boys.  However, as soon as the "balls drop" and the boys really pack on muscle...shit gets ugly fast.  (I've had a few over ten years and they have quit in every case). I had one make the news in middle school for being the homecoming queen and playing, however she quit the first day of two-a-days after a sophomore hit her on kick return. It is just physiology.  There might be a fraction of 1% who can play varsity at certain positions on weaker teams, but at the top levels of the game...they are the kicker or carrying the water.

Sorry women, but muscle mass, bone density, and testosterone will win every time.
View Quote

Thanks for the input. Sounds like this is what will probably actually happen here.

I can definitely see the fear, though. Not so much of her getting hurt, but the local and wider media backlash potential when she does. Before, it's all "Women can do absolutely anything men can do! Saying that women are biologically destined to be physically weaker then men is just sexist nonsense! We need to put her on this football team right now, even if she isn't as good, because demonstrating that women can do anything is critical to our goal of stuffing radical, third-wave feminism down everyone's throats!"

Then some 250lb+ linebacker hits her hard, broken bones, joints, tendons, sprains, something like that. Then you know we're gonna hear about the poor guy "How dare this evil sexist male harm a woman like this?!? This is basically the same thing as rape! He needs to be locked up forever and made an example of! The whole sport of Football is too Male anyways and needs to be knocked down until women can participate equally! Nothing can ever be allowed to disrupt the narrative that women are exactly the same as men in every way!" Then the high school football program gets destroyed, and half the town hates her for getting the football program shut down, which she never intended to do. The leaders of the Feminist movement forget about it all and move on to another pretend outrage, and everyone is worse off than before it all started.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 2:44:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 2:47:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Maybe you should send that memo to your college teams.
View Quote

this a junior high/HS thread.
HS football is a religion here. The only place even close is SWPA; Friday nights during football season are all about football.
TCU took a National title with about a 90% TX team, many local from DFW.

the losing teams probably have a lot of out-of-state weaklings from KS.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 3:15:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Go to this link and look at the roster, it will have all the freshmen on there who play 9th grade ball.

John Curtis Football
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 3:52:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
And her parents will sue when she is badly injured by a 6'2" 200+ defender.

Sorry..but there is a reason why we do not put women in full contact sports against men.
View Quote

Yet it's ok for them to go into combat with the Rangers and SF now?
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 4:52:31 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

If you check this article, her dad is the coach and her uncle is the head coach. You would think they would be smart enough to stop this stupidity.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 5:05:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

If you check this article, her dad is the coach and her uncle is the head coach. You would think they would be smart enough to stop this stupidity.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

They may not want to hurt her feelings, at least she plats in a league with small players.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 5:10:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I wrestled against a few different girls in high school. Only one was during a real match though. As a freshman I was so worried I would get a Boner that as soon as the match started I threw her in a headlock took her airborn pinning her with in seconds.  I felt bad because she look like she was going to cry,  but I had no choice
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/22/2017 5:12:27 PM EDT
[#25]
As a Dad with two daughters, NOPE. I would be terrified that should would get crippled the first time a big guy hits her. 
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 5:17:14 PM EDT
[#27]
She'll be hurt her first year and "retire"
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 5:45:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
small-school ball? 1A, 2A?
she'd get murdered around here at any team that had a big enough pool of players to have some real size.
heck, an athletic guy her size would be dead meat.
View Quote

Looks like she's actually in one of the largest high schools (over 1400 students) in the state, which plays in the top (enrollment based) division.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 5:53:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Good for her.  She needs to work on her throwing action, but if she can make the team on a level playing field I have zero issues.  She would need to work extra hard to equal the upper body strength as the males her size but that's on her.  At least she wasn't dressed up as a vajayjay in DC in the video.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 5:57:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

QFT

She's not throwing, she's pushing the ball.
View Quote

Yup, first thing I noticed.  My son could easily outthrow her when he as 8 years old.

Also, it seems that her entire 9th grade squad is a bunch of midgets.  Although most Northern teams are much smaller than Southern teams, her team seems extraordinarily small.  Oh, and football is big in my town.  The HS varsity team was state champs in 2016.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:07:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I was a tailback 80-82 5'11" 190lbs our center was the smallest lineman he was round 6' 200lbs
the rest of the line was 250-300lbs
View Quote

Yup, mid-80's, we had some 300lb linemen.  Our fullback was 5'11" 255lbs.  My slow ass was a meager 270lbs (yes, there was chisled muscle in there somewhere, it was just hiding under insulating layers of baby fat).

5'7", 136lbs?  Even 30 years ago, a guy this small would have been killed in any of our games.  I can't imagine a girl that size handling a hit from a big, hard hitting linebacker or safety, especially given how big and fast HS football players are these days.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:19:05 PM EDT
[#32]
I was at a football camp my junior year of HS, first day of full contact and we were doing tackle drills with the other schools. They had paired the defense up against running backs and doing an open field tackle drill. 
Now, word had gotten around that a girl was there but we hadn't seen her yet. So my turn for the drill comes up, I'm 6'2" and about 255 at the time and here comes a 5 foot maybe 120 pound back sheepishly running with the ball and I absolutely drill them into the ground. As I hit them I heard this wheezing sound and I hop up and look down and this kid is just rolling on the ground wheezing. 
Next thing I hear is the excited yells and a bunch of high fives from their teammates. Turns out it was a girl who made the schoolboard let her play and the guys on the team weren't allowed to hit her and I guess I was the first hit she took. She played no more footall that week. 
This was mid 90s.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:44:30 PM EDT
[#33]
It's Freshman football...we had a girl on our team when I was a freshman.  By the end of the Sophomore season she couldn't keep up. Most guys in 9th grade still look like kids.  She quite the team during summer camp between sophomore and junior year.  My Freshman year I was 5'9" 175lbs by senior year I was 6'1" 240lbs.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:49:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I'd imagine those two things are the only reason she's on the team in the first place.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:53:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

so?  happens to males all the time.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top