Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 11:58:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Reef Central.com is the arfcom of marine keeper forums.

I've been learning a lot from the posters there.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 12:18:39 PM EDT
[#2]

My 20l. Been running for a year next month.
Nano-reef is great for info.
If you do get into saltwater sump the tank in the beginning. Use rodi water. Keep up with water changes, go slow. Dip all your coral.

Petco is doing the $1 Gallon sale right now I think.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 3:45:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 4:17:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Time, money, education, expensive lessons, more time, more money, more money. Other than that they are amazing.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 5:39:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
FPNI.

Once you have it set up and stable I don't find them to be anymore work than a freshwater tank.  With that being said, any little change seems to destabilize the system then it takes a few weeks to get it tweaked back.

I wouldn't start with less than a 90 gal tank, and bigger if you have the room and money. The larger the system the more stable the water parameters will stay and the better off the livestock will be.
View Quote
Yep.

The trick is to be patient and let the reef get established before you go crazy adding livestock.  If you can be fine with a reef tank with only cleanup crew for 6 months, the rest is easy.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top