Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Posted: 1/20/2017 6:31:00 PM EDT
This is how this guy claims to be for the common man?? Obama cut the FHA premium by .25% and we have been promoting that for our clients. (I'm in the mortgage business.)

I am really pissed because this was a no brainer to help first time home buyers and lower income folks with buying or refinancing their homes.
Now we are having to go back to our borrowers and tell them no good, you have to pay the higher premium thanks to your new president.

So all you Trump apologists spin this.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 6:32:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Pretend that a good many of us have no idea what you're talking about..

Like me, for instance.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 6:33:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Stop selling loans to people who cant afford them. Remember what you fuckers did to our housing market last time. Especially florida.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 6:33:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pretend that a good many of us have no idea what you're talking about..

Like me, for instance.
View Quote

That is because this is a DUPE

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1956993_Trump-first-EO-voids-savings-for-FHA-Mortgage-holders.html
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 6:33:45 PM EDT
[#4]
That cut hadn't even gone into effect yet.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 6:35:00 PM EDT
[#5]
How many of those people shouldn't be buying homes? Enough of the FSA. We are headed to a second mortgage and default crisis because things have become too lose, again.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 6:35:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
That cut hadn't even gone into effect yet.
View Quote

And OP wants to create another mortgage crisis
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 6:37:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
This is how this guy claims to be for the common man?? Obama cut the FHA premium by .25% and we have been promoting that for our clients. (I'm in the mortgage business.)

I am really pissed because this was a no brainer to help first time home buyers and lower income folks with buying or refinancing their homes.
Now we are having to go back to our borrowers and tell them no good, you have to pay the higher premium thanks to your new president.

View Quote

No spin needed.  The government shouldn't be in the business of subsidizing mortgages for people that can't afford them.  Simple as that.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 6:37:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Hey, MAGA folks are just getting a taste how a Bilionaire is "for the common folk" hahahaha  More to come!!!
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 6:37:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

And OP wants to create another mortgage crisis
View Quote

you apparently have no clue what MIP is or does lol
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 6:37:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
How many of those people shouldn't be buying homes? Enough of the FSA. We are headed to a second mortgage and default crisis because things have become too lose, again.
View Quote

Ding ding ding.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 6:38:13 PM EDT
[#11]
All of the above.  Don't sell houses to people that can't pay for them.  20% down at a minimum.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 6:38:15 PM EDT
[#12]
If you can't afford the extra $500 per year, you shouldn't be buying the house.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 6:38:18 PM EDT
[#13]
I don't know what op is on about, but from the responses thus far he seems bad and wrong and part of the housing market problem
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 6:38:52 PM EDT
[#14]
My mortgage broker steered me away from FHA because the mortgage insurance never goes away unless you refi.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 6:39:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

.25% ?

Too bad your ox was gored; tough shit.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 6:39:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
All of the above.  Don't sell houses to people that can't pay for them.  20% down at a minimum.
View Quote

That will do a great things for say.....those good paying construction jobs that have nothing to build now.....
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 6:40:14 PM EDT
[#17]
coc
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 6:40:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

No spin needed.  The government shouldn't be in the business of subsidizing mortgages for people that can't afford them.  Simple as that.
View Quote

Period
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 6:40:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Pissed off realtors who don't get easy commissions selling homes to people that couldn't afford them to begin with.

Does no one remember the housing crash of 2008?
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 6:40:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

LO FUCKING L

typical mortgage broker (COC words) making empty promises.  .25% will save your average FHA client what, $100/year?  If that is going to make or break them, perhaps you shouldn't be writing the fucking mortgage.  
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 6:40:48 PM EDT
[#21]
I heard on the news Obama cut it not Trump
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 6:40:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

That will do a great things for say.....those good paying construction jobs that have nothing to build now.....
View Quote

How about apartment complexes?
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 6:41:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

And you would not know what you are talking about. FHA loans are all full documentation with a low default rate.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 6:41:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I don't know what op is on about, but from the responses thus far he seems bad and wrong and part of the housing market problem
View Quote
Precisely.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 6:41:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

He'll get more sympathy over at DU.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 6:41:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Fake News.  The cut never went active.   It was one of Zero's little EO's to further fuck up the home mortgage industry.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 6:41:51 PM EDT
[#27]
The repeal is insignificant as the money on the table is insignificant. If this is a deal breaker for your clients they have no business buying a home in the first place.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 6:42:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

oh you mean the same fucksticks that shouldn't be buying in the 1st place???

fuck them
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 6:42:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Pretty clear you don't know how things work in the new residential home construction industry.

Tract housing construction is not a "good paying construction job" unless you are an illegal, then you do alright.  
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 6:42:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

They'll have plenty to build. People that can afford houses will buy houses. People that can't won't and therefore we won't have another 07/08 which is what really killed construction jobs.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 6:42:59 PM EDT
[#31]
FHA loans are bullshit that rip off the common man.

If you can't do a traditional 30yr you need to stay renting or work harder.

OP's butthurt because he was underwriting asshole loans with government ink.

MAGA!
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 6:43:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You mean like good paying construction jobs that have been absent for the last 8 years because of the housing glut brought on by underwriting mortgages for people that had no business buying a house?  Which were then foreclosed on, and drove down the price of existing homes because of the surplus?
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 6:43:29 PM EDT
[#33]
I want poor people to keep being able to buy houses they cant afford, so i can buy the foreclosures for cheap.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 6:43:31 PM EDT
[#34]
It is so simple:

Is the FED.gov operating beyond its enumerated powers in this situation?

If so, execute plans to remove the shenanigans from the FED.gov's hands and turn it over to the private sector.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 6:43:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Instead of building houses with credit and then selling them to people on credit that won't pay for them? Because that wasn't sustainable.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 6:44:13 PM EDT
[#36]
If they can't afford a .25% "increase", although it's not an increase since it hasn't even happend yet, maybe they need to start looking at housing more in their actual price range.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 6:45:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Hey OP, I've got an idea. Why don't you tell them no more FSA. Also, sorry Hillary lost, lol.

Trump apologist? Please. I'm not apologizing for shit. Fuck the FSA. MAGA
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 6:45:24 PM EDT
[#38]
The feds were taking my tax money and using it to subsidize those lower rates.  Why are those borrowers entitled to my money? 
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 6:45:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

And you would not know what you are talking about. FHA loans are all full documentation with a low default rate.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Irrelevant.  Government shouldn't be subsidizing home loans.  You're free to start a mortgage company to help all those who can't afford the down payment if you feel that strongly about it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 6:45:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Seems strange that both the dissenters in this thread are both 2009 accounts with low post counts.

It also seems strange that one of them has been negative in every president thread today.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 6:45:45 PM EDT
[#41]
Read this.

Link Posted: 1/20/2017 6:45:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

lulz... low poster hit piece....
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 6:46:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Trump is helping the common man by protecting him from people like the OP who will happily put him in a home he can't afford and will lose in 5 years and he did it without some stupid law but by simply rescinding some of Obama's "I'm from the government and I'm here with other people's money to help.". He is letting the free market choose who should get what rate.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 6:46:24 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I want poor people to keep being able to buy houses they cant afford, so i can buy the foreclosures for cheap.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/20/2017 6:46:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is this English?
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 6:46:31 PM EDT
[#46]
If a quarter point is a deal breaker, then...
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 6:46:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
And tell us your prediction of the current default rate had the floor been lowered?

Also explain "full documentation" compered to conventional loans, especially the part about blended ratios.  
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 6:46:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
FHA loans are bullshit that rip off the common man.

If you can't do a traditional 30yr you need to stay renting or work harder.

OP's butthurt because he was underwriting asshole loans with government ink.

MAGA!
View Quote

And if you don't have 20% down you can still do a traditional 30 year AND your MI goes away eventually.

FHA that shit is forever.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 6:46:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Bingo. The fewer mortgages in this country, the better.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 6:47:48 PM EDT
[#50]
The government should not be in the business of subsidizing homes for poor people. I don't care that you and your company were profiting from this.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top