Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 8:33:47 PM EDT
[#1]
The decocker is for chumps.   Get the safety model and rock out like a pro!
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 8:39:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a PCR, and a SP-01 tactical. Both decockers. A 75b Omega, set up with a safety and a 97b with a safety.

Get both.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 8:40:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a lot of years on the 1911s so I don't like decockers where the thumb safety would reside on the frame. I vote safety.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 8:41:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The decocker is for chumps.   Get the safety model and rock out like a pro!
View Quote
The decocker was developed to comply with police and military requirements. The "pros" are using decockers. 

ETA: I'm referencing CZ 75's specifically, just to clarify.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 8:45:21 PM EDT
[#5]
I ran mine with a decocker forever (P07), and recently switched it for the safety.  I wasn't doing the transition very well in drills.  Also, I want a Jericho 941 and a 1911 so I figured I should just get used to it.  My USP thankfully is a V1 and I can just click it up.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 8:46:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I'll be sure to tell Angus Hobdell, Matt Mink, and Adam Tyc what idiots they are. Ben Stoeger has to do the same with his Tanfo Stock 2, but he doesn't need to be told what an idiot he is...

Quoted:

"Let's rely on a mechanical notch which may fail, on a gun which probably does not have a proper firing pin safety."

You can continue your unsafe practices, and you can be called out for such when you recommend that others do the same. Doing a stupid unsafe thing years successfully does not make it safe, nor a smart thing to advise others to do themselves.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 8:46:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
My PCR has a decocker.  Love it!
View Quote

Same here.  Wouldn't change a thing.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 8:47:28 PM EDT
[#8]
I'd like the 75 Compact better if it had a safety/decocker like my Beretta and my 3rd gen S&W had.  

Why can't CZ do this?
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 8:47:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'll be sure to tell Angus Hobdell, Matt Mink, and Adam Tyc what idiots they are. Ben Stoeger has to do the same with his Tanfo Stock 2, but he doesn't need to be told what an idiot he is...

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

"Let's rely on a mechanical notch which may fail, on a gun which probably does not have a proper firing pin safety."

You can continue your unsafe practices, and you can be called out for such when you recommend that others do the same. Doing a stupid unsafe thing years successfully does not make it safe, nor a smart thing to advise others to do themselves.
So are you comparing shooting competition and games to a real world "deadly force" scenario?
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 8:50:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 8:56:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Get both (the best cz isn't even a cz )

Link Posted: 1/16/2017 8:56:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Voted manual safety because it was the only option for the two tone stainless 75b I lusted after and then acquired. Great pistol!
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 8:56:43 PM EDT
[#13]
I've got a CZ compact and a Grand Power P11 Mk12, both are in holsters, both have the hammer lowered and were de-cocked MANUALLY. They didn't go bang. If you can't do that, you don't need to be anywhere near a pistol. It's not rocket science, just don't be stupid when you do it.

Quoted:
So are you comparing shooting competition and games to a real world "deadly force" scenario?
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 8:59:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I've got a CZ compact and a Grand Power P11 Mk12, both are in holsters, both have the hammer lowered and were de-cocked MANUALLY. They didn't go bang. If you can't do that, you don't need to be anywhere near a pistol. It's not rocket science, just don't be stupid when you do it.
View Quote

By "decocked" you mean it's in the half cock position right? You didn't decock all the way to the firing position I'm assuming?
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 9:02:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

By "decocked" you mean it's in the half cock position right? You didn't decock all the way to the firing position I'm assuming?
View Quote

inertial firing pin with firing pin block
It's not a 70 series 1911.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 9:08:14 PM EDT
[#16]
I hold high so I always choose safties 
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 9:11:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

inertial firing pin with firing pin block
It's not a 70 series 1911.
View Quote

I get that. but to move past the half cock position you need to have the trigger pulled and then, yes, there is a vastly increased risk of
slipping the hammer while you have the trigger depressed.

Also, why would you go down past half-cock? What advantage is there to that? Serious question? 
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 9:16:53 PM EDT
[#18]
I like the decocker best.
On the safety models I use the half cock notch or all the way down.  
All of mine are double single.

I tried cocked and locked on one of mine but I kept discovering the safety off for some reason.  Not kool.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 9:23:33 PM EDT
[#19]
I have just under 20 CZ's and ALL of them are the safety version. The safety version CZ's are much easier to detail strip and upgrade, and can have a nicer trigger pull with upgrades as well.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 9:25:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Decocker

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 9:39:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Why?  Do you need a manual safety to make you feel "safe"?
View Quote

I don't like the hammer dropping like that.   I've been carrying/shooting 1911s and a Ruger MkII for a few decades, so I'm used to the thumb safety position and shooting that way.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 9:45:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Safety.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 10:07:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I carry striker fired guns.  But my SP01 Tactical WITH A DECOCKER is my favorite handgun I own.

And if I wanted to eventually carry a DA/SA gun I would learn to shoot it properly and not have some mechanism on the side that I would have to fumble off in the event I wanted to use it.
View Quote

I don't say this to be mean or condescending, but this sounds like something I'd expect someone fairly new to pistol shooting to say.  

Everyone has their preferences and every system has advantages/disadvantages, but it's a truly weak pistol shooter who can't manage  da/sa, safety, and striker fired equally well.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 10:07:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's been my experience that guys that shoot a lot of USPSA have much higher than average shooting and gun handling skills

.....and those who poo-poo it,  . . typically don't
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 10:09:50 PM EDT
[#25]
What, are you an animal? Decocker only.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 11:26:39 PM EDT
[#26]
decocker!
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 12:17:52 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

It's been my experience that guys that shoot a lot of USPSA have much higher than average shooting and gun handling skills

.....and those who poo-poo it,  . . typically don't
View Quote

I tend to agree.
If i remember USPSA and idea require the hammer to be all the way down,correct? not half cock.
I have the 75sa and the P09 in a decocker. Different guns for different jobs.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 12:43:55 AM EDT
[#28]
I very much prefer a safety, but with the safety installed, my 75B Omega urban grey won't stay in safe mode.  So I went back to decocker and have been training that way.  Starting to get pretty good with double taps starting with double action, but I'd rather go back to the safety when I can figure it out.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top