User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 1:49:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

A 4473 only = registry if he state has UBC, which is why every gun owner should be a adamently opposed to hem (and why the left wants hem.)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You mean the same registry that everyone that buys a firearm from a store is on?

A 4473 only = registry if he state has UBC, which is why every gun owner should be a adamently opposed to hem (and why the left wants hem.)

Whatever makes you sleep better at night.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 1:53:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Just wow. lol
View Quote

No shit.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 2:03:46 PM EDT
[#3]
My personal opinion is they are silly, and it's better to just go the SBR route. 

Others have different opinions, and that's cool too. 
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 2:04:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The brace, as designed for not going to the shoulder, is 100% COMPLETELY retarded.  The brace, when used to shoulder just as you would a normal stock, is just a stock.  So yes, if you intend on not shouldering it, it is 100% COMPLETELY retarded.  

I think bump firing/slid stock things are even more dumb.
View Quote
@itstock - Come on now, this is just fun!

https://youtu.be/E43IFdsH7eM
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 2:17:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I use a brace when applicable, SBR when not or for kewl kid points. I've only got 3 stamps at the moment though

Anyone who uses a *Sig* brace (except the collapsible) is retarded though with all the exponentially better options on the market
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 2:23:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Good foryou. No sarcasm intended bt.

Some ofus can't afford to regularly give up 200 a pop for the privilege of waiting a year on something that should take 10 min
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 2:33:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Not sure this meme has ever been more fitting.

Link Posted: 1/16/2017 2:34:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I have no use for a short barreled rifle, or a rifle caliber handgun.
View Quote

Nor do I, but I do enjoy the purse swinging that these threads are certain to bring about.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 2:36:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I can understand that, but my interaction this afternoon was with the same guy that was critical of my owning registered machine guns when I could have just bought a slide fire.
View Quote

dude from every thread I've seen you post you're a baller when it comes to gun shit.  WTF do you care what joe shmoe thinks of your toys.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 2:41:01 PM EDT
[#10]
If the HPA were to pass, I'd own a pistol AR.  
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 5:20:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

It's not really finding away around the law, it's actually breaking it. I cannot tell you how many people post "pistols with braces" in sbr and rifle threads. If you didn't want to build a sbr, why is it in the sbr thread.

Also yes, laws should be enforced, and if it is truely outrageous, it should be repealed, but if it cannot be repealed there must be some validity to it. Like parking on the wrong side of the road, I've been ticketed it for it inside of a neighborhood. Young driver and didn't realize you cannot park on the "left side" unless I actually turned around and made it the "right" side. Didn't know the law, wasn't mad it was enforced. Kinda stupid law, but it's my fault for not knowing it and breaking it. No harm no foul, paid my 80 bucks or so and called it a day.

If the laws were enforced, these dumb ass felons in possession of a gun would be in jail or know better to try it again, but in New Orleans, 80% are let go and serve zero jail time, so they believe there are no consequences to their actions. So they are on the street the next day, with a gun, committing crimes. But that's my point of view, and you are allowed to have yours. That's what's great with America, we can have our opinions and voice it, we don't have to agree, and guess what. That's fine.

I'm also a republican, minority, I'm ok with abortion so long as it's to save a life, ok with gays, wish to greatly decrease most welfare programs, and want a flat tax. But hey, those are my position of random matters, it may differ from yours but then again im not you and am not trying to be
View Quote

"Even though I'd love to see your ass in jail for a piece of plastic touching your shoulder I really am a republican. Look!"

Wtf?
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 8:15:51 PM EDT
[#12]
As the owner of a silencer and an AR pistol with a shock wave brace.

I recognize that a SBR is better.  Just not motivated to do the paperwork at the moment.

AR pistol + silencer + brace = pretty darn good HD option.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 8:19:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

There aren't any typos. You can pay $200 to sign up on a registry is you want, I'll put a brace on a lower that didn't require paperwork.
View Quote

Hey Mr. Tinfoil, you are posting on AR15.com and the NSA is a real thing.  You having firearms is no secret.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 8:27:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

It's not really finding away around the law, it's actually breaking it. I cannot tell you how many people post "pistols with braces" in sbr and rifle threads. If you didn't want to build a sbr, why is it in the sbr thread.

Also yes, laws should be enforced, and if it is truely outrageous, it should be repealed, but if it cannot be repealed there must be some validity to it. Like parking on the wrong side of the road, I've been ticketed it for it inside of a neighborhood. Young driver and didn't realize you cannot park on the "left side" unless I actually turned around and made it the "right" side. Didn't know the law, wasn't mad it was enforced. Kinda stupid law, but it's my fault for not knowing it and breaking it. No harm no foul, paid my 80 bucks or so and called it a day.

If the laws were enforced, these dumb ass felons in possession of a gun would be in jail or know better to try it again, but in New Orleans, 80% are let go and serve zero jail time, so they believe there are no consequences to their actions. So they are on the street the next day, with a gun, committing crimes. But that's my point of view, and you are allowed to have yours. That's what's great with America, we can have our opinions and voice it, we don't have to agree, and guess what. That's fine.
View Quote

Look at this guy......
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 8:47:50 PM EDT
[#15]
And your opinion of what others may like or dislike matters because?
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 8:50:33 PM EDT
[#16]
I agree with op
Theyre lame
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 8:54:35 PM EDT
[#17]
I’m just here for the pixs OP.  We’ve seen them before but think of the jealousy that will flow.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 9:05:50 PM EDT
[#18]
I've heard about the vault room and pics but never seen them. Wouldn't mind though!
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 9:12:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
My dislike of the current pistol brace craze everyone seems to be getting into.

Before you comment be aware that I have more tax stamps than most and would welcome the end of the ATF and NFA as much as anyone else does.
View Quote

It's probably mostly jealousy. I know I'm jealous of the pics you post here.

Why do you care if other people like braces, or choose to use a brace to save a little money/say FU to the gov?
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 10:00:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Also, why aren't you posting pics OP? We all know you have fun stuff.

This is as good as I can do for a poor college kid

http://i.imgur.com/9NczwkJ.jpg
View Quote

ARF told me college was for liberal faggots... Clearly someone isn't. My broke ass bought 0 guns in college, but I did graduate with no debt. Assuming you aren't burying yourself in student loans, I'd say you are fucking killing it. Well done sir.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 10:03:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

snip

I'm ...ok with gays
View Quote

And there you have it. Guys who don't like braces are gay lovers.

Is anyone surprised? I doubt it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 10:11:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Just to make people's heads explode, here's my HD setup... a Pistol with a Can

Why? Am I poor? Not too poor to afford another stamp. I'm just too lazy to fill out the paperwork. I bought two more suppressors in July, and I still haven't got around to finishing the paperwork on them.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 10:38:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Also, why aren't you posting pics OP? We all know you have fun stuff.

This is as good as I can do for a poor college kid

http://i.imgur.com/9NczwkJ.jpg
View Quote

Dat Rattlecan job doe....
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 10:40:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 10:47:29 PM EDT
[#25]
I don't own any shorties but I think the sig brace is ghey. I also fear the ATF decided to reverse judgment and it becoming illegal.

In honor of this thread I shall build a new 24" AR
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 11:27:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Not everyone wants to deal with the local authorities. 
View Quote

I don't want to be involved with local or federal authorities. I don't want to wait for months and I especially don't want to pay for the privilege.
But even if it was free I don't want the paper trail.

Of course I ALWAYS use mine as it was designed to be used.

Link Posted: 1/17/2017 12:48:58 AM EDT
[#27]
Brace is okay on my book, but I know a few people that got fucked up pretty hard serving who use them for the intended purpose.

And the person that invented it, is a member here, or was before they made bank. Eat a IED with ya body once or three times, or shot in the wrong arm, and get ya shooting arm fucked up in the process, then Sig Brace does help a ton.

Seen that with my own eyes. Smile on their faces being able to shoot something heavier than a hand gun made my week that time at the range.

For personal use? I don't know about that. Once we can maybe own suppressors without needing a lawyer, maybe I'll toss one my future AR pistol to counteract the weight of the can. 8)

End of the day though NFA is a law, but like most laws way behind the tech curve to say the least. Suppressors, SBR's, SBS's, automatic fire being as regulated is a giant joke imo.

Especially when people have Glocks maybe not with a stock, but a 33 round mag, or people making bump fire stocks for M249 civilian models.

Yeah They aren't "the real deal" I guess, but lets be real close enough, that the NFA is obviously a dinosaur they needs to  be kicked to the curve.

Technology has out surpassed gangsters, bank robbers.

Time to retire the whole works imo.

Edit: And don't forget those shotguns that aren't SBS's, but in reality are close enough that have sold for a decade or two now.

Engineer's, and lawyers found a way, but at this point NFA is worthless mostly. Just keeps the BATFE in business, and doesn't really sure any safety purpose for the public.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top