Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 9:52:54 PM EDT
[#1]
RCC1, you've always seemed like a good guy, so redeem yourself and let us enjoy some pics of the collection. Perhaps the pictures taken out on your porch?
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 9:52:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm not sure, but I was called- an elitist snob asshole among other things.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What fucking difference does it make to him what you want to spend your money on?

I'm not sure, but I was called- an elitist snob asshole among other things.

Idk about that, you don't post many HKs.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 9:53:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
 This was the exact point I was making. People may not have the means financial or situational to SBR nor see the benifits.  Hurry up and make it out of there!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're dislike of the pistol brace (you're well aware of why people do it)  and go on to state about your extensive NFA stamp collection. Some  don't have the means to collect NFA stamps and utilize a brace. (I do have stamps so, not a hater)

I see your point, I guess I could have worded it differently on my part. My dislike for the pistol braces comes from the people that I know that have them and have repeatedly started passive aggressive conversations with me because I went a different way than they did.

I don't see j_hooker's point my self!
Ya see I am in a state that no matter how much money I make, I cant own an SBR! I don't shit on others that can own them. I simply like to look forward to when I may be in the position to do so(I can't afford that many right now even if I was able to). But I will not be one to bitch about other folks means or reason to buy what they like!
 This was the exact point I was making. People may not have the means financial or situational to SBR nor see the benifits.  Hurry up and make it out of there!

Sorry, my reading comprehension could have been off! It happens from time to time!
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 9:54:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Doubtful on both accounts.
View Quote
You did start a passive aggressive conversation. If you're around Fort Worth, you seem familiar
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 9:54:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Don't care, I'll happily replace mine with a stock if the NFA status changes. I want my shit now, with no extra bullshit. Not to mention the legal advantages a pistol has over a rifle.

I build my ARs off 80% lowers simply because I don't want to deal with the bullshit of using an FFL. Straight to my mailbox and a middle finger to the cunts that voted for UBCs here.

If your stamp collection makes your naughty bits tingle, more power to you.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 9:57:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You did start a passive aggressive conversation. If you're around Fort Worth, you seem familiar
View Quote

Actually I didn't start a passive aggressive  conversion.  I started a thread about a conversation I was dragged into this afternoon. I am 225 miles south of Fort Worth.  I am in Caddo Mills and Rockwall 4 times per year, can we have a drink and conversation then?
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 9:57:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Simple. It is a way I can have a LEGAL 10 inch barrel without kissing the man's ass!

Hate all you want. I could care less.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 9:59:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 9:59:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
So you started a passive aggressive conversation?  That's fucking hilarious, do I know you? 
View Quote

This is a stealth missed connections thread. OP wants to find that angry, pistol brace using buttfucker and be the Richard Gere to his Julia Roberts.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 9:59:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

How many tax stamps do you have? Just curious b/c I don't know where I stand......

Also, YES, I hate braces also. If your intent was to circumvent NFA laws and not actually need a "brace" well you created a SBR.
View Quote
So you hate the fact that people found a way around a stupid law?
Are you the type that thinks all laws must be enforced because it's the law no mater how stupid it is?
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 10:00:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Not really but I got it from you  so now my afternoon is complete.

FYI- I started this thread after a verbal exchange with a local guy at a gun shop.
View Quote

At any point did you display "the photo" to the person via your phone?
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 10:00:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Actually I didn't start a passive abrasive conversion.  I started a thread about a conversation I was dragged into this afternoon. I am 225 mils south of Fort Worth.  I am in Caddo Mills and Rockwall 4 times per year, can we have a drink and conversation then?
View Quote
Sure, we could have a conversation. 
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 10:01:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Pro brace here,.. peaceful demonstration, and semi-circumvention of a ridiculous regulation gets my vote
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 10:01:36 PM EDT
[#14]
You might just sound like a douchebag when you voice your opinion....
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 10:02:46 PM EDT
[#15]
I've never seen op post anything to seem elitist. I like your posts.
As far as the subject matter, there is no NFA allowed in my sad shitty lil state, and I'm poor. I just live vicariously through the op.

Link Posted: 1/15/2017 10:02:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Are you the type that thinks all laws must be enforced because it's the law no mater how stupid it is?
View Quote

I don't hate the fact that people do anything. I simply respond when people question my actions. I see you probably think this is me making a comments towards pistols brace owners vs the reality of me commenting on a verbal exchange I had today.

I know reading is for faggots.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 10:02:54 PM EDT
[#17]
I leave a braced pistol out at deer camp = no problem

SBR = mucho problemos
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 10:04:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I've never seen op post anything to seem elitist. I like your posts.
As far as the subject matter, there is no NFA allowed in my sad shitty lil state, and I'm poor. I just live vicariously through the op.

View Quote

Agreed!
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 10:06:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Gayest thread in past week or so.  Not because of OP but because people in here are hating on each other even though we're all on the same fucking team.  RCC1 is a gun guy.   I see no reason to hate on him for his opinions that he stated in the OP.  I'd post my collection every fkn day to brag about it if i had a 1/4 of the shit he has.   I also enjoy looking at other peoples collections, which is one of the main reasons im a member here.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 10:06:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

At any point did you display "the photo" to the person via your phone?
View Quote

That never happens since I assume that people that decide to have the conversation I was forced into today are probably too stupid to know what I would be showing them.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 10:07:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Exactly the same here.  I was fine with my pseudo SBR before the ruling.  Now I don't want to take it to the range, but don't see any advantage over it setup with a 6 position stock.

Dicked around and put the stamps in the trust right before the 41p deadline and there they sit in purgatory.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 10:08:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
You might just sound like a douchebag when you voice your opinion....
View Quote

Your  conjecture is most likely a conjecture.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 10:09:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 10:09:53 PM EDT
[#24]
An SBR is always going to be functional better than a braced pistol.

But you need to decide if the benefits are with the hassles of the added regulations.

As far as the bump fire is concerned, it 99% of the fun, about 75% of the control and $20,000 cheaper.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 10:09:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Gayest thread in past week or so.  Not because of OP but because people in here are hating on each other even though we're all on the same fucking team.  RCC1 is a gun guy.   I see no reason to hate on him for his opinions that he stated in the OP.  I'd post my collection every fkn day to brag about it if i had a 1/4 of the shit he has.   I also enjoy looking at other peoples collections, which is one of the main reasons im a member here.
View Quote

This too.  Just because I can't afford what op has, doesn't mean I can't appreciate his stuff. I guess op made better choices than me. (Not too hard to envision that) .
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 10:13:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I have 2 and considered them a poor man's SBR.  I haven't taken them for a walk in over a year.  What is the current status of shouldering a brace with the ATF?
View Quote

Currently you can now shoulder the brace for pictures and such, but if you fire it then it's a SBR. Silly I know. It was in shotgun news last year.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 10:16:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Currently you can now shoulder the brace for pictures and such, but if you fire it then it's a SBR. Silly I know. It was in shotgun news last year.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have 2 and considered them a poor man's SBR.  I haven't taken them for a walk in over a year.  What is the current status of shouldering a brace with the ATF?

Can I just say....What the Hell?   I don't doubt that it was in Shotgun news.   I just doubt the human mind to come up with such a thing.

Additionally, I think OP didn't mean to belittle anyone...maybe just a poor choice of phrasing/words.   Seems like a goodfella :)

Oh, and this thread sucks without pics.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 10:16:11 PM EDT
[#28]
I read about fellow AFCOM members helping some guy get back home from dropping off dogs to new homes. Then I read this one and just wonder some times.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 10:21:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I don't hate the fact that people do anything. I simply respond when people question my actions. I see you probably think this is me making a comments towards pistols brace owners vs the reality of me commenting on a verbal exchange I had today.

I know reading is for faggots.
View Quote
My post quoted Gdirty5 and was directed at him.
Reading and fags and all.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 10:24:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
My post quoted Gdirty5 and was directed at him.
Reading and fags and all.
View Quote

Apologies. I based my response on what I saw. I am still getting use to the new site.

Link Posted: 1/15/2017 10:29:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Apologies. I based my response on what I saw. I am still getting use to the new site.

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn38/rccox/2466f4587ed5215813f27782eaf31b33.jpg
View Quote
Its alright man. Did you ever do that stuff to the Raptor you were talking about awhile ago?
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 10:29:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Pistol braces are one of the most stupid ideas I've seen on a firearm. Ugly, and stupid. I guess for someone in a bullshit state they would be better.

That and 5.56 barrels shorter than 10.5 inches are fucking stupid.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 10:30:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I can understand that, but my interaction this afternoon was with the same guy that was critical of my owning registered machine guns when I could have just bought a slide fire.
View Quote

Currently in Iowa we can own neither full fun nor short barreled rifles or shotguns.
Braces and slides are a way to cope until we can effect a change.
More power to you that you can, and do, own both.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 10:31:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Its alright man. Did you ever do that stuff to the Raptor you were talking about awhile ago?
View Quote

The 14 Raptor was sold. I am currently driving a 2017 F250 waiting in the 18 Raptor to see if the rumors I've heard are true.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 10:34:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Your  conjecture is most likely a conjecture.
View Quote

I said maybe, I don't know you, or how you speak.  So conjecture it may be
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 10:34:53 PM EDT
[#36]
I like RC cola OP, I use it for hair gel. I gel all of my areas OP, I wanted you to know.

Pistol brace=fart that smells like RC cola
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 10:36:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I like RC cola OP, I use it for hair gel. I gel all of my areas OP, I wanted you to know.

Pistol brace=fart that smells like RC cola
View Quote

My stock portfolio appreciates you purchases.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 11:07:17 PM EDT
[#38]
If nfa were gone it would be a sbr with a quick attach can.

If hpa gets through it's still getting a can.
Already have a mount picked out
muzzle brake
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 11:21:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
https://i.imgur.com/Qaurv8z.jpg
Ride or die, loaded, concealed, and across state lines.
View Quote

I had a sig brace for my 300 and it worked fine. When my stamp came in it was nice but came with extra concerns. As a pistol, I didn't worry about the ride around town. I could conceal, etc. now I feel like I have to put it in a case, remove the (also new) can, and drive slowly to avoid any interaction with pd.

ETA. The SBR stamp was a little less exciting than I thought.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 11:25:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I read about fellow AFCOM members helping some guy get back home from dropping off dogs to new homes. Then I read this one and just wonder some times.
View Quote

Yeah, the dog rescue thread did NOT work out. They could use a lot of help. If you're in Texas, read it.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1954478_Semper-Fi-Human-Rescue---Ongoing.html&page=6&anc=64143021#i64143021
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 11:27:14 PM EDT
[#41]
This thread now officially sucks balls. RC post some pics to save it.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 11:34:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Don't care for the braces either.
I'll stick with 550 wrapped piss tubes until the laws change.
Right now I have my fingers crossed on suppressors.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 11:43:37 PM EDT
[#43]
I don't like fag braces either. For the cost of a brace, I'll just pay the extra for a stamp. Also lets me use a VFG and not worry about accidentally becoming a felon for shouldering it. I like having the peace of mind knowing that I'm 100% legal, versus living in a legal grey zone.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 11:47:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Also, why aren't you posting pics OP? We all know you have fun stuff.

This is as good as I can do for a poor college kid

Link Posted: 1/16/2017 12:02:50 AM EDT
[#45]
I hate OP because of his vast and impressive collection.

But it's a good kind of hate.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 1:20:41 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's not really finding away around the law, it's actually breaking it. I cannot tell you how many people post "pistols with braces" in sbr and rifle threads. If you didn't want to build a sbr, why is it in the sbr thread.

Also yes, laws should be enforced, and if it is truely outrageous, it should be repealed, but if it cannot be repealed there must be some validity to it. Like parking on the wrong side of the road, I've been ticketed it for it inside of a neighborhood. Young driver and didn't realize you cannot park on the "left side" unless I actually turned around and made it the "right" side. Didn't know the law, wasn't mad it was enforced. Kinda stupid law, but it's my fault for not knowing it and breaking it. No harm no foul, paid my 80 bucks or so and called it a day.

If the laws were enforced, these dumb ass felons in possession of a gun would be in jail or know better to try it again, but in New Orleans, 80% are let go and serve zero jail time, so they believe there are no consequences to their actions. So they are on the street the next day, with a gun, committing crimes. But that's my point of view, and you are allowed to have yours. That's what's great with America, we can have our opinions and voice it, we don't have to agree, and guess what. That's fine.

I'm also a republican, minority, I'm ok with abortion so long as it's to save a life, ok with gays, wish to greatly decrease most welfare programs, and want a flat tax. But hey, those are my position of random matters, it may differ from yours but then again im not you and am not trying to be
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 1:34:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Congrats?
View Quote

You asked. I'm not paying $200 for the privilege of asking permission and telling the ATF what I own, to then be subject to more restrictions with it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 1:43:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I have a few stamped items and one "pistol brace" 300.   Just don't used the "pistol braced" weapon in an inappropriate fashion in a public setting.  No more problems.
View Quote

Couldn't you say the same thing about a regular stock?
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 1:45:18 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

It's not really finding away around the law, it's actually breaking it. I cannot tell you how many people post "pistols with braces" in sbr and rifle threads. If you didn't want to build a sbr, why is it in the sbr thread.

Also yes, laws should be enforced, and if it is truely outrageous, it should be repealed, but if it cannot be repealed there must be some validity to it. Like parking on the wrong side of the road, I've been ticketed it for it inside of a neighborhood. Young driver and didn't realize you cannot park on the "left side" unless I actually turned around and made it the "right" side. Didn't know the law, wasn't mad it was enforced. Kinda stupid law, but it's my fault for not knowing it and breaking it. No harm no foul, paid my 80 bucks or so and called it a day.

If the laws were enforced, these dumb ass felons in possession of a gun would be in jail or know better to try it again, but in New Orleans, 80% are let go and serve zero jail time, so they believe there are no consequences to their actions. So they are on the street the next day, with a gun, committing crimes. But that's my point of view, and you are allowed to have yours. That's what's great with America, we can have our opinions and voice it, we don't have to agree, and guess what. That's fine.

I'm also a republican, minority, I'm ok with abortion so long as it's to save a life, ok with gays, wish to greatly decrease most welfare programs, and want a flat tax. But hey, those are my position of random matters, it may differ from yours but then again im not you and am not trying to be
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just wow. lol
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 1:49:08 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
My dislike of the current pistol brace craze everyone seems to be getting into.

Before you comment be aware that I have more tax stamps than most and would welcome the end of the ATF and NFA as much as anyone else does.
View Quote

For me it's more about crossing state lines with practical equipment.

I can make a AR pistol with a folding stock brace or a AK pistol with a folding stock brace and travel anywhere I care to go with that configuration without having to ask permission from any government entity.

I also have Stamped AR's, a SBR glock and several SBS. I have to leave them at home when I travel to other states or go through the mother may I rigmarole. I never know which states I will travel on a moments notice or when so the permission slip doesn't work for me.

If you never leave mom's basement with your SBR's then  I can see the "snob" moniker.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top