BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 8:58:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm thinking you would be better equipped to handle the second part of your comment.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've never signed a 4473. So, suck it.

I'm thinking you would be better equipped to handle the second part of your comment.

Link Posted: 1/15/2017 8:59:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Think what you want, I have a safe full of guns that I'm not paying $200 to tell the govt about.

Pistols serve a good purpose. Not everyone buys from stores, and not everyone is eager to sign up for a registry. There are other ways to legally own fun toys.
View Quote

Congrats?
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 9:01:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Not sure how many people are aware of this but there are states which do not allow SBR's.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 9:05:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
For me it's not so much the money. It's the hoops I have to jump through to get permission for a "stock" on my firearm. It's retarded.
View Quote

It is retarded but it's the only game in town.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 9:06:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Not sure how many people are aware of this but there are states which do not allow SBR's.
View Quote

You need an AUG :)

Link Posted: 1/15/2017 9:06:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Get SBRs off of the NFA. Lets stop this stupid argument right now. No reason a 9mm pistol is okay, a 16" 9mm rifle is okay but a 10" 9mm rifle is not okay. Should be easier to sell than the Hearing Protection Act.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 9:06:32 PM EDT
[#7]
I subscribe to the ARFCOM rules

I got both.  SBR and pistol with shockwave brace

I'll spend my money how I choose
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 9:07:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Actually it isn't.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And that's what bugs you about the brace.

Actually it isn't.

Okay.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 9:08:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Get SBRs off of the NFA. Lets stop this stupid argument right now. No reason a 9mm pistol is okay, a 16" 9mm rifle is okay but a 10" 9mm rifle is not okay. Should be easier to sell than the Hearing Protection Act.
View Quote

100% agree. The only thing a 10" 5.56 gun  does better than a 16"  is destroy your hearing.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 9:09:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Think what you want, I have a safe full of guns that I'm not paying $200 to tell the govt about.

Pistols serve a good purpose. Not everyone buys from stores, and not everyone is eager to sign up for a registry. There are other ways to legally own fun toys.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wut?

None of that makes any sense.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 9:09:18 PM EDT
[#11]
lol   
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 9:09:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

100% agree. The only thing a 10" 5.56 gun  does better than a 16"  is destroy your hearing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Couldn't agree more.   SBR's, Silencers, etc should NOT be on the NFA.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 9:10:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Jealousy is a stinky cologne.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 9:11:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's why my 11.5 5.56 pistol wears a suppressor for HD.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 9:12:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Same here.   11.5 inch BCM with SilencerCo Omega, Aimpoint PRO and Surefire 300.    I don't want to go deaf just because an asshole kicks in my door.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 9:12:31 PM EDT
[#16]
I have 2 blades. Why? Because one is a pistol that I can keep loaded in my truck and the other is a psa blem 9mm lower that I don't think is worth the stamp money. And yes, I do have multiple SBR stamps. I'm not a anti stamp person.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 9:14:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
My dislike of the current pistol brace craze everyone seems to be getting into.

Before you comment be aware that I have more tax stamps than most and would welcome the end of the ATF and NFA as much as anyone else does.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/15/2017 9:15:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Before you comment be aware that I have more tax stamps than most and would welcome the end of the ATF and NFA as much as anyone else does.
View Quote

awesome

congratulations
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 9:16:03 PM EDT
[#19]
I think pistol braces look ugly and will never buy one. SBR everything!
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 9:17:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
What is the point of this thread?
View Quote

Honestly, we know  of your fine and impressive collection. As a friend, this is coming off as a humble-brag with a sprinkle of douchiness.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 9:18:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Wut?

None of that makes any sense.
View Quote

There aren't any typos. You can pay $200 to sign up on a registry is you want, I'll put a brace on a lower that didn't require paperwork.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 9:18:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I just got a shockwave for my AR pistol and I love it!  It doesn't really give me a better cheekweld than just a tube but atleast it looks 100 times cooler than just a tube sticking out the back.  
View Quote
For my truck gun I needed short and don't want to risk a stamp riding in a truck.

Only 22.5" of available space to store the truck gun in.

it was $35
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 9:18:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Uh nothing should be on the NFA. NFA shouldn't exist
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 9:19:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pics?
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 9:19:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Honestly, we know  of your fine and impressive collection. As a friend, this is coming off as a humble-brag with a sprinkle of douchiness.
View Quote

On my part? Please explain.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 9:20:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

Sounds like OP just wanted attention.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 9:20:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
For my truck gun I needed short and don't want to risk a stamp riding in a truck.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just got a shockwave for my AR pistol and I love it!  It doesn't really give me a better cheekweld than just a tube but atleast it looks 100 times cooler than just a tube sticking out the back.  

Pretty much why I put the brace on my PSA 300 Blk.   Configured to take where I want with minimal potential for loss.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 9:22:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Good for you OP.   
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 9:22:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Yep.

View Quote

Not really but I got it from you  so now my afternoon is complete.

FYI- I started this thread after a verbal exchange with a local guy at a gun shop.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 9:24:31 PM EDT
[#30]
OP's collection is so large that if I was dictator I would seize it for the common good and redistribute it to the masses.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 9:24:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're dislike of the pistol brace (you're well aware of why people do it)  and go on to state about your extensive NFA stamp collection. Some  don't have the means to collect NFA stamps and utilize a brace. (I do have stamps so, not a hater).
Knowing that you've been pretty humble with your collection, did you have a few drinks during the game
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 9:27:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

You're dislike of the pistol brace (you're well aware of why people do it)  and go on to state about your extensive NFA stamp collection. Some  don't have the means to collect NFA stamps and utilize a brace. (I do have stamps so, not a hater)
View Quote

I see your point, I guess I could have worded it differently on my part. My dislike for the pistol braces comes from the people that I know that have them and have repeatedly started passive aggressive conversations with me because I went a different way than they did.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 9:29:56 PM EDT
[#33]
I prefer a proper SBR, but the brace thing makes complete sense
for states that A) Don't allow SBRs B) Don't allow travel with a loaded "long arm" C) have to travel interstate.

A pistol with a brace is simply a legal god-send in many situations. Ideally, we wouldn't have the NFA and it's all a moot point.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 9:33:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I see your point, I guess I could have worded it differently on my part. My dislike for the pistol braces comes from the people that I know that have them and have repeatedly started passive aggressive conversations with me because I went a different way than they did.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're dislike of the pistol brace (you're well aware of why people do it)  and go on to state about your extensive NFA stamp collection. Some  don't have the means to collect NFA stamps and utilize a brace. (I do have stamps so, not a hater)

Both parties (SBR vs. Brace)  have sound pros and cons.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 9:37:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't see j_hooker's point my self!
Ya see I am in a state that no matter how much money I make, I cant own an SBR! I don't shit on others that can own them. I simply like to look forward to when I may be in the position to do so(I can't afford that many right now even if I was able to). But I will not be one to bitch about other folks means or reason to buy what they like!
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 9:37:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

FYI- I started this thread after a verbal exchange with a local guy at a gun shop.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

then you should've said that.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 9:39:58 PM EDT
[#37]
I'm too poor for stamp collecting and are very disappointed I'm not getting any RCC1 pics out of this thread................  I'm closer to foodstamps than I am NFA stamps
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 9:41:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Don't you have to fill out a form to cross state lines with a SBR?
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 9:41:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

In the course of this thread I have.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 9:41:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Ya see I am in a state that no matter how much money I make, I cant own an SBR! I don't shit on others that can own them. I simply like to look forward to when I may be in the position to do so(I can't afford that many right now even if I was able to). But I will not be one to bitch about other folks means or reason to buy what they like!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This was the exact point I was making. People may not have the means financial or situational to SBR nor see the benifits.  Hurry up and make it out of there!
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 9:42:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

This. Best reason for a brace
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 9:43:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

How many tax stamps do you have? Just curious b/c I don't know where I stand......

Also, YES, I hate braces also. If your intent was to circumvent NFA laws and not actually need a "brace" well you created a SBR.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 9:44:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
https://i.imgur.com/Qaurv8z.jpg
Ride or die, loaded, concealed, and across state lines.
View Quote

I would imagine it's hard to get a good cheek weld and consistent eye relief distance when you cannot shoulder that...
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 9:45:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

K
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 9:47:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

How many tax stamps do you have? Just curious b/c I don't know where I stand......

Also, YES, I hate braces also. If your intent was to circumvent NFA laws and not actually need a "brace" well you created a SBR.
View Quote

37 as of now, waiting on 4.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 9:48:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
So you started a passive aggressive conversation?  That's fucking hilarious, do I know you? 
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 9:49:15 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Jealousy is a stinky cologne.
View Quote

I thought that was Desparation.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 9:50:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
So you started a passive aggressive conversation?  That's fucking hilarious, do I know you? 
View Quote

Doubtful on both accounts.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 9:51:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was my point on page 1.
I was told I was wrong.

I don't believe I was.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 9:52:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

37 as of now, waiting on 4.
View Quote

damn.... ok, guess I'm just average. Haven't counted in a while, but I believe it's in the 20's.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top