Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 110
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:53:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I would find it funny if Mclaren didn't have such a great racing history.

Honda may end up being the end of it
View Quote
It just doesn't make any sense.... it's not like Honda doesn't also have a pretty serious racing pedigree, deep pockets, and an extensive company background in small high-performance engines AND hybrid systems.

Why can't they get this power unit right?
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:57:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

It just doesn't make any sense.... it's not like Honda doesn't also have a pretty serious racing pedigree, deep pockets, and an extensive company background in small high-performance engines AND hybrid systems.

Why can't they get this power unit right?
View Quote
It has to be a fundamental problem at Honda. The power unit is down on power and breaks every 10 laps. Doesn't make any sense.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 10:10:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

https://hasmclarenbrokendown.com/

Yes they broke down in testing today.
View Quote
LOL. 
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 10:14:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote
McLaren has been on a downward spiral since the 2013 season.

Hell, in 2014 they had the Merc Hybrid and could only manage a distant 5th in the constructors championship.

Yes, Honda really, really sucks...but it's not as if they are would magically be fighting for the championship if they had power on par with Ferrari.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 10:23:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

McLaren has been on a downward spiral since the 2013 season.

Hell, in 2014 they had the Merc Hybrid and could only manage a distant 5th in the constructors championship.

Yes, Honda really, really sucks...but it's not as if they are would magically be fighting for the championship if they had power on par with Ferrari.
View Quote
With Alonsos skill, they would be legitimately fighting with RedBull.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 11:13:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
With Alonsos skill, they would be legitimately fighting with RedBull.
View Quote
If they magically had power, they would be fighting with Williams and Force India.

That's if they didn't have a bad stop or strategy that put them out of the points toward the end of the race, at which point they would mysteriously have engine problems forcing Alonso out of the race.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 11:21:20 AM EDT
[#7]
End of the second day of testing
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 12:37:05 PM EDT
[#8]
View Quote
Bright spot for MacHonda.... 81 laps and decent pace for at least one of them.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 5:32:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Three-time world champion Lewis Hamilton rallied to the support of a teenage British motor racing driver who had both legs amputated in a horrific high-speed crash.

Billy Monger, 17, was left fighting for his life after the crash in a Formula Four race at Donington race track in England on Sunday, a smash which left him trapped in his car for around 90 minutes.

Link

Link Posted: 4/19/2017 5:51:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Three-time world champion Lewis Hamilton rallied to the support of a teenage British motor racing driver who had both legs amputated in a horrific high-speed crash.

Billy Monger, 17, was left fighting for his life after the crash in a Formula Four race at Donington race track in England on Sunday, a smash which left him trapped in his car for around 90 minutes.

Link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb1k2wNfTUc
View Quote
I've been seeing this everywhere today, terrible situation
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 9:29:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I've been seeing this everywhere today, terrible situation
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 9:36:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Fuck!!

Had the car ahead had mechanical difficulties or some such?  It appeared almost stopped on track.

What a terrible chain of events.  Prayers for Monger.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 10:27:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Fuck!!

Had the car ahead had mechanical difficulties or some such?  It appeared almost stopped on track.

What a terrible chain of events.  Prayers for Monger.
View Quote
For real. Where were the yellow flags?
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 10:30:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Link

View Quote
HOLY FUCK.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 8:40:22 AM EDT
[#15]
They've already raised over 500,000 GBP ($650,000) for the kid
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 11:09:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
HOLY FUCK.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link

HOLY FUCK.
he was put in a coma to remove both his legs...

Link Posted: 4/20/2017 11:11:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

he was put in a coma to remove both his legs...

View Quote
If I read it correctly it said it took 2 hours to extract him from the car.

What hell that must have been for that young man.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 12:01:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Any updates on Schumacher?
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 2:41:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Any updates on Schumacher?
View Quote
Not that I've heard which to me means one of two things: he is permanently in a vegetative state or he is making a very, very slow recovery and they don't want to make a fuss about it. It's been almost 3.5 years since his accident.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 3:37:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Not that I've heard which to me means one of two things: he is permanently in a vegetative state or he is making a very, very slow recovery and they don't want to make a fuss about it. It's been almost 3.5 years since his accident.
View Quote
IIRC he is not a veg but is not exactly old schumi either.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 6:46:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If he can speak or at least has some sort of cognitive function then that is good news. I think that because we have never heard anything other than rumors is good, and that he is slowly recovering. It may take 10 years for him to get back to being half of what he use to be but it's better than being dead.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 7:30:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
Indeed

Finally watched the Top Gear episode where Jensen Button drove around the test track in the McLaren 675LT. It's been sitting on my DVR for a while now. I was surprised to hear it so favorably compared to the P1. Loved the part where Jensen took an off-road excursion.

The drive around South Africa in SUVs was hilarious as well.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 7:33:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

If I read it correctly it said it took 2 hours to extract him from the car.

What hell that must have been for that young man.
View Quote
Damn... two freaking hours? Don't they have some jaws of life or other such equipment right at the track?
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 7:50:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

If he can speak or at least has some sort of cognitive function then that is good news. I think that because we have never heard anything other than rumors is good, and that he is slowly recovering. It may take 10 years for him to get back to being half of what he use to be but it's better than being dead.
View Quote
I don't think the world (public) will ever see him again.

In better news, we should see Mick in F1 in 2-3 years.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 3:20:23 AM EDT
[#25]
Now Helmut Marko whining that RB is g9nna leave in 2021 if F1 doesn't get an independent engine manufacturer...

Those fuckers/

They never whined when they were winnnig 4 champs in a row...
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 5:22:50 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Now Helmut Marko whining that RB is g9nna leave in 2021 if F1 doesn't get an independent engine manufacturer...

Those fuckers/

View Quote
Give it time.

They are all in the middle of discussing the new engine formula.

Ferrari will be threatening to leave soon enough.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 5:44:57 AM EDT
[#27]
Ferrari has never left.... and it's normal they don't want to race in a competition in which they would use a foreign engine....
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 6:01:38 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Ferrari has never left.... and it's normal they don't want to race in a competition in which they would use a foreign engine....
View Quote
That is not what anyone proposed. Marko wants a non Ferrari/Merc/Renault/Honda engine option available to independent teams.

But....give it time. Ferrari will find something during negotiations to threaten to leave over.

Happens every time.

Ferrari-threaten-to-quit-f1-as-sport-races-towards-epic-power-battle (2015)

Ferrari-threaten-to-quit-Formula-One-over-budget-cap (2009)

ETA: I will even give odds on when it happens. As soon as everyone sits down to start discussing the very contentious team payout system, Ferrrari will threaten to leave when their "special Bernie payment" gets brought up.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 9:28:05 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Those fuckers/

View Quote
RBR will probably be making their own engines by then.  It has been kept fairly under wraps but they have invested heavily towards that end. 

I think Helmut is just trying to make sure he stays relevant to the discussion... or he wants to BE that independent supplier ($$$)
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 9:37:46 AM EDT
[#30]
I don't think it would be a bad idea to have an FIA sponsored engine manufacturer. Someone like Cosworth would do it if someone else would foot the bill. It would give smaller teams more money to spend on developing their cars because I would imagine the engine would not have the cost of a Merc or Ferrari. Of course it won't have the power but it would be a good fit for a team like Sauber who is currently using year old Ferrari engines. Even Mclaren could be using them right now, or could threaten to use them to light a fire under honda's ass. It's looking like the engines will be much simpler come 2021 to help drive down costs.  

I don't see how any bad can come from it.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 1:56:22 PM EDT
[#31]
I've been thinking about this funny clip all day...

Austria 2001: Juan Pablo Montoya and the deer

Because I smashed a pair of deer yesterday on the Blue Ridge Parkway
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 2:01:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Top 10 after Bahrain GP

Delta_Elite grabs 1st,
XDFan comes from nowhere to 2nd!
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 2:12:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

That is not what anyone proposed. Marko wants a non Ferrari/Merc/Renault/Honda engine option available to independent teams.

But....give it time. Ferrari will find something during negotiations to threaten to leave over.

Happens every time.

Ferrari-threaten-to-quit-f1-as-sport-races-towards-epic-power-battle (2015)

Ferrari-threaten-to-quit-Formula-One-over-budget-cap (2009)

ETA: I will even give odds on when it happens. As soon as everyone sits down to start discussing the very contentious team payout system, Ferrrari will threaten to leave when their "special Bernie payment" gets brought up.
View Quote
There would be no f1 anymore without Ferrari... Normal they don't accept every bullshit proposed by the Brits....

Look what happened to rally... Nobody gives a shit about it anynore since teams like lancia, or Audi left...
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 3:33:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I've been thinking about this funny clip all day...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaU6pqhwur4

Because I smashed a pair of deer yesterday on the Blue Ridge Parkway
View Quote
The sound from the video leaves me in mourning.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 3:43:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 8:13:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Mick Schumacher post from Instagram:

Silverstone last weekend, 32 F1 world championships in our families in total, great to meet all of them!
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 8:15:36 PM EDT
[#37]
I think BMW might have contracted with Honda to source my motorcycle power unit.

All the way to Birmingham and it craps out 5 miles from the hotel.  
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 8:25:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I think BMW might have contracted with Honda to source my motorcycle power unit.

All the way to Birmingham and it craps out 5 miles from the hotel.  
View Quote
At least you're leading in fantasy points!
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 1:19:05 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

There would be no f1 anymore without Ferrari... Normal they don't accept every bullshit proposed by the Brits....

Look what happened to rally... Nobody gives a shit about it anynore since teams like lancia, or Audi left...
View Quote
Don't throw your toys out of the pram.. Honestly, at this point, if any of the top 3 teams leave (Merc, Ferrari, RBR), I think F1 would be on for hard times...  Hell, they are already on hard times.  

Marco wants an independent option for engines... After what Renault did to his team, who can blame him? Shit, as far as I'm concerned, pick one company to make a 3 liter V-10 that revs to 20K RPM, give each team 10 of them, and let them build a fucking car to win. We don't need engine dick measuring contests, when that happens, it's always bad for racing. 
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 9:36:33 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

We don't need engine dick measuring contests, when that happens, it's always bad for racing. 
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 8:26:02 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 9:22:46 AM EDT
[#42]
Indycar is in Birmingham today, and it looks like the rain will clear by race time.  

Wish I had a giant BFL to try and get on TV.  
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 1:33:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 3:27:40 PM EDT
[#45]
Alonso is at the IndyCar race in Alabama this weekend.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 8:26:32 PM EDT
[#46]
So you like it when one manufacturer figures out the secret and then wins for multiple years in a row?  2005-2012 were pretty much the best recent years in F1, and guess what.. everyone was using an extremely similar 2.4L V8.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 11:09:58 PM EDT
[#47]
Interesting Eddie Jordan interview with Bernie on tonight's Top Gear. Don't agree with everything he said, but certainly some of it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 12:41:01 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

So you like it when one manufacturer figures out the secret and then wins for multiple years in a row?  2005-2012 were pretty much the best recent years in F1, and guess what.. everyone was using an extremely similar 2.4L V8.
View Quote
I've seen what "crate engines" have done to my local racing. Doubt it's any different at that level other than decimal placement.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 1:32:22 PM EDT
[#49]
“I’ve already said that I think what he’s doing shows that he’s a real driver,” Villeneuve, the 1997 World Champion and a past Indy 500 winner, told the Spanish daily AS.

Asked what he means by ‘real driver’, the French Canadian explained: “Well, all you have to do is listen to what other drivers have said about his decision.

“I heard Nico Hulkenberg and Romain Grosjean giving their opinion about what Alonso is doing — Hulkenberg said it’s dangerous, that he wouldn’t do it, that he did Le Mans because it was different.

“It sounds like excuses,” Villeneuve added. “I think there are two classes of drivers. You’re either an Alonso or you’re a Rosberg. And Hulkenberg is a Rosberg.”
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 1:43:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Look what happened to rally... Nobody gives a shit about it anymore since teams like lancia, Subaru, VW and Audi left...
View Quote
FIFY
Page / 110
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top