Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 110
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 1:33:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I think Massa is a bad call for Williams, but really who else is there? He'll at least offset Richy Rich.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 2:18:17 PM EDT
[#2]
EXCLUSIVE: First interview with Valtteri Bottas - our new driver!

Felipe Massa returns to Formula One
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 10:06:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 10:08:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Glad for Valteri! Hope he makes Spewis cry.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 9:57:10 PM EDT
[#5]
In on 3!!

Looking forward to this year.  I think it will be a good year.

I hope Fernando has good car unlike that piece of crap he drove last year.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 10:16:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Glad for Valteri! Hope he makes Spewis cry.
View Quote

Quoted for truth!
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 11:51:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Max is obviously the mostly likely heir to Shumacher's throne, and will likely be around for a LONG time. A fact that torments me, because I can't stand the little brat. All of that sucks for RIC, because it's hard not to like the Aussie with the big smile. Would root for just about anyone (short of Merc) to put Max in his place.
View Quote

After watching Brazil... I'm cutting Max a lot of slack.  Holy shit.....that kid can fucking drive.  

He needs a little honing but he will be a champion one day... he's already got one up on Hamilton, he knows how to apologize when he fucks up.  

Hell, considering the brand new chassis being designed by the best designer there is, and the brand new engine that Renault is going to throw in it after they learned the problems with the old lump, he just might win the big one before he's 20.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 11:18:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

After watching Brazil... I'm cutting Max a lot of slack.  Holy shit.....that kid can fucking drive.  

He needs a little honing but he will be a champion one day... he's already got one up on Hamilton, he knows how to apologize when he fucks up.  

Hell, considering the brand new chassis being designed by the best designer there is, and the brand new engine that Renault is going to throw in it after they learned the problems with the old lump, he just might win the big one before he's 20.
View Quote

Max for me is like Tom Brady. I hate the SOB, but damn he can play. So I give both all due respect. But I'd still root for the devil himself to put 'em in their places. And yes... Max' drive in Brazil was pretty friggin amazing. Though the words are bitter in mouth admitting them.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 11:28:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Max for me is like Tom Brady. I hate the SOB, but damn he can play. So I give both all due respect. But I'd still root for the devil himself to put 'em in their places. And yes... Max' drive in Brazil was pretty friggin amazing. Though the words are bitter in mouth admitting them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like Max because you can just sense how much the kid loves racing. You can tell it is the only thing he lives for. His passion for racing and his willingness to push the sport out of its humdrum status quo is refreshing. Brazil is the perfect example. Everyone else gets in line and follows Lewis like a pace car, and then there is Max trying to make something happen.

Is it Melbourne yet?
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 11:45:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I like Max because you can just sense how much the kid loves racing. You can tell it is the only thing he lives for. His passion for racing and his willingness to push the sport out of its humdrum status quo is refreshing. Brazil is the perfect example. Everyone else gets in line and follows Lewis like a pace car, and then there is Max trying to make something happen.

Is it Melbourne yet?
View Quote

I agree with that. I just didn't care for some of his tactics. And his "no fear" approach has been a bit dangerous at times. He was quite the tattle-tale as well. Though he seems to be reigning some of those issues in lately. Seb used to be most of those things and he's been my favorite driver since he was a youngster. So I understand both sides of the issue. But for whatever reason, I just don't care for Max. My wife liked him at first, but doesn't like him now. So there's something there, because it's hard to get on her bad side. After all... she's been putting up with ME for years!.

ETA: I do at least respect Max' ability and love of driving. Most of the drivers on the paddock obviously live for it. As opposed to Hamilton. He is obviously a good/great driver and is very intense about it. But his party-boy, spoiled child demeanor puts me off. Most of the other drivers like to have fun off the track, but they aren't so interested with being seen globetrotting with celebrities constantly.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 11:53:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Is it Melbourne yet?
View Quote

66 days.
http://www.f1countdown.com/
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 3:29:19 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm more excited about car unveils and testing. 

Haas passed their chassis crash tests and most except the nose.  Steiner says theyre on schedule. Ferrari's power unit is getting a qual session upgrade as well as other bits and pieces.  Honda will have a whole new mill that is more Mercedes'esc.  Sauber is working to go to Honda for 2018.  The engine cover fins will likely make a comeback this season (sideforce for the win).  I can't wait to see what these crazy engineers come up with...including Newey.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 3:33:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'm more excited about car unveils and testing. 

Haas passed their chassis crash tests and most except the nose.  Steiner says theyre on schedule. Ferrari's power unit is getting a qual session upgrade as well as other bits and pieces.  Honda will have a whole new mill that is more Mercedes'esc.  Sauber is working to go to Honda for 2018.  The engine cover fins will likely make a comeback this season (sideforce for the win).  I can't wait to see what these crazy engineers come up with...including Newey.
View Quote

That ugly 09 stuff?
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 5:45:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

That ugly 09 stuff?
View Quote
yes.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 5:52:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
yes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That ugly 09 stuff?
yes.

Link Posted: 1/19/2017 12:09:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Really happy to see Bottas at McLaren (Mercedes for the sober among us), but holy shit will Massa just leave already? He's "coming out of retirement"? He took a month off work!

So tired of seeing his slow ass in Formula 1.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 9:46:07 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 9:47:50 AM EDT
[#18]
65 more days.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 12:54:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Really happy to see Bottas at McLaren, but holy shit will Massa just leave already? He's "coming out of retirement"? He took a month off work!

View Quote

I agree. He's a super nice guy and I sincerely wish him all the best in his future endeavors... but damn, Formula Boring has become a snoozefest enough, without dragging him along for yet another year. I get the whole experience and mentoring thing for McLaren, but they can kiss any taste of a championship goodbye in regards to him sitting in the new car. Some of the other mid-tier teams have done a fine job throughout the years without having an elder statesman in one of their cars. In fact, some of them have done very well with young rookies in their cars (Toro Rosso specifically).
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 1:47:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I agree. He's a super nice guy and I sincerely wish him all the best in his future endeavors... but damn, Formula Boring has become a snoozefest enough, without dragging him along for yet another year. I get the whole experience and mentoring thing for McLaren, but they can kiss any taste of a championship goodbye in regards to him sitting in the new car. Some of the other mid-tier teams have done a fine job throughout the years without having an elder statesman in one of their cars. In fact, some of them have done very well with young rookies in their cars (Toro Rosso specifically).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Really happy to see Bottas at McLaren, but holy shit will Massa just leave already? He's "coming out of retirement"? He took a month off work!

FYI Bottas is going to Mercedes, not McLaren.

McLaren drivers will be Alonso and Vandoorne, Williams will be Massa and Stroll.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 6:46:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

McLaren drivers will be Alonso and Vandoorne, Williams will be Massa and Stroll.
View Quote

I'm still impressed that Merc ended up going with the one guy on the grid with even less personality than Nico.... This will be an interesting year though if Merc is still dominant... Fire and Ice indeed.  

Also, I hope the Honda engine is decent this year.... Vandoorne is as good of a driver as Verstappen, if he gets a chance to show it. 
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 8:32:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I'm still impressed that Merc ended up going with the one guy on the grid with even less personality than Nico.... This will be an interesting year though if Merc is still dominant... Fire and Ice indeed.  

Also, I hope the Honda engine is decent this year.... Vandoorne is as good of a driver as Verstappen, if he gets a chance to show it. 
View Quote
Wonder what the next Kimi and Bottas meeting will be like?
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 11:30:19 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Wonder what the next Kimi and Bottas meeting will be like?
View Quote
K: Sup bro.

B: Sup.

*crickets*

Welcome to dealing with Finns.

Kimi is quite gregarious compared to most.  Fuckers know how to drive though.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 11:52:41 AM EDT
[#24]
Y'all aren't giving Valtteri enough credit.

He has a whole series of videos on his youtube page
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 7:17:47 PM EDT
[#25]
This happend right in front of me at the Race of Champions in Miami tonight. Wehrlein crashed pretty hard after his front right suspention broke when he tagged a barrier after crossing the finish line. No one was hurt thankfully. It was cool getting to see these guys race in person. Massa, Wehrlein, Button Vettel, Juan-Pablo Montoya and David Coulthard were all there in terms of F1 drivers. JPM won the whole thing.

Pascal Wehrlein crash at Race of Champions
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 7:26:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And this is the danger of posting drunk. Meant Mercedes, typed McLaren.

Think Honda will show up this year?
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 8:42:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
K: Sup bro.

B: Sup.

*crickets*

Welcome to dealing with Finns.

Kimi is quite gregarious compared to most.  Fuckers know how to drive though.
View Quote
Yeah, I worked with a Finn for a couple of years. About the only time I ever heard him say more than a few words was during technical meetings. I can remember more than one meeting where he'd finish talking and people would be sitting with their mouths open. "He can talk..."
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 1:25:23 AM EDT
[#28]
I'm more understanding the hate of Verstappen after watching the season review and a bunch of extras that I missed. He has the douchiness X factor in interviews that makes you want to punch him in the face.  It was the same thing I didn't like about Villeneuve.... that petulant child sound along with the aura of superiority that they exude.  It's fucking annoying.  Hell, Hamilton seems more humble than he does.   

I hope he gets away from that shit, I doubt he will find fans so friendly to it after a year or two... he's not from Britain so he can't fall back on the home crowd like Ham did.

Also, DAMN... I think Seb needs a year off, he sounds like a merchant marine over the radio, I think this shit is getting to him.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 4:17:53 PM EDT
[#29]
HaHa Bernie is gone

out of a job

now he will not be involved anymore in F

sweet
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 5:54:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 6:45:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 7:15:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Bernie Ecclestone has been removed from his position running Formula 1 as US giant Liberty Media completes its $8bn (£6.4bn) takeover of the sport.

Ecclestone, 86, who has been in charge for nearly 40 years, has been appointed chairman emeritus and will act as an adviser to the board.

Chase Carey has had Ecclestone's former role of chief executive officer added to his existing position of chairman.

Ecclestone said earlier on Monday that he had been "forced out".

He told Germany's Auto Motor und Sport: "I was dismissed today. This is official. I no longer run the company. My position has been taken by Chase Carey."

Ecclestone, who added that he did not know what his new job title meant, declined to comment when approached BBC Sport, who revealed on Sunday he would leave his job this week.
"Emeritus" is Latin for "good riddance"

Edit - the joke only works if you view all quotes, lol
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 8:10:11 PM EDT
[#33]
No doubt Bernie is sobbing in his wife's large bosom (while standing up) on top of big pile of money.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 8:17:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
No doubt Bernie is sobbing in his wife's large bosom (while standing up) on top of big pile of money.
View Quote
She'll tell him to knock it off and clean up the basement

Link Posted: 1/24/2017 9:27:49 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 2:28:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Make F1 Great Again!
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 6:00:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Make F1 Great Again!
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/24/2017 8:20:42 PM EDT
[#38]
I was wondering if I would see Bernie actually leave F1 in my lifetime.  

I know that seems stupid, considering how old he is, but the guy has like 20 thousand lives, and keeps coming back like a terrible case of Herpes.  

Hopefully he'll retire and not screw up another racing series, I love the guy and some of the things he has done over the years, but he has definitely gone senile.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 3:38:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Rumors that Bernie will try and form a new series

Vindictive Old Man To Spoil Things

Go home Bernie.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 8:07:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Go home Bernie.  
View Quote

Maybe he'll get a gig advising Nascar how to become more popular and to expand to a worldwide audience.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 9:33:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Maybe he'll get a gig advising Nascar how to become more popular and to expand to a worldwide audience.
View Quote

Chayhana Vodka 500 in Tashkent, Uzbekistan, where they will take Chevy/Ford/Toyota and slap on Lada, Volga, and Trabant decals.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 9:49:04 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Americans can't even stomach that shit series anymore.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 5:39:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 5:53:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Go home Bernie.
View Quote
Now Bernie will get know what the manufacturer's went through when they wanted to form an alternative series so they could get away from him.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 6:30:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Manor is officially gone.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 7:20:04 PM EDT
[#46]
I know they were just a backmarker, but I hate to see teams leave the sport.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 4:14:16 PM EDT
[#48]

Yup. Watching now. Good to have some racing to watch again.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 4:18:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I never could stomach that left-turn shit. The only ones I ever watched were when they drove at Laguna Seca.

So what did they do to make it even more of a joke than it already was? Any time I'd hear someone utter the phrase "the chase" I couldn't change the channel fast enough.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 4:28:36 PM EDT
[#50]

I'll be there tomorrow! Can't wait to see some on track action again, hear the cars, smell the fumes...
Page / 110
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top