Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 57
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 12:44:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The biggest issue I could see is by the end of the World Series the players are worn out physically.
View Quote
That too.

Well here we are folks after the the double play, the bottom of the 9th, USA up 8-0.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 12:52:07 AM EDT
[#2]
U-S-A!
U-S-A!
U-S-A!
U-S-A!
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 12:53:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Wohoo! We won! Now I'm going to bed.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 12:54:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Interesting Idea: I'm all for a Team USA competing, but does anyone else not think that it would be cool to have the final game be whoever wins the WBC vs the Current World Series Champs? (I know it would be tough to work out contractually, but still).
View Quote
What if members of the WS team want to play for their country? The point is to get fans interested by having each country's stars play for their country. 
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 12:54:51 AM EDT
[#5]
U-S-A!

U-S-A!

Link Posted: 3/23/2017 12:59:56 AM EDT
[#6]
What a great tournament. Notwithstanding the US win, it was such an enjoyable series of games.

And Jim Leyland's last game at that. Truly the end of an era.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 1:02:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
U-S-A!
U-S-A!
U-S-A!
U-S-A!
View Quote

Now, I must get to the serious work of selecting a NL and AL team for 2017
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 1:03:16 AM EDT
[#8]
USA USA USA!

That was a damn good two weeks of baseball. They should do the WBC every other year IMO.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 1:10:43 AM EDT
[#9]
I want a Japan baseball TV subscription. I loved having baseball to watch in the mornings and the energy of the fans.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 1:12:07 AM EDT
[#10]
I thought Adam Jones was easily the MVP of the WBC. EASILY!
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 1:13:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I want a Japan baseball TV subscription. I loved having baseball to watch in the mornings and the energy of the fans.
View Quote
I LOVED watching the Japanese baseball games. The music, the cheers, it's awesome!
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 1:16:40 AM EDT
[#12]
That was a little awkward listening to Adam Jones giving Puerto Rico a subtle fuck you guys lol. It made me smirk though.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 1:23:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
That was a little awkward listening to Adam Jones giving Puerto Rico a subtle fuck you guys lol. It made me smirk though.
View Quote
That was not at ALL a subtle fuck you. 

That was a "FUCK YOU PUERTO RICO!"

Link Posted: 3/23/2017 1:29:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
Shit! I turned it off. What did he say?
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 1:33:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

'Can I be honest? Can I tell the truth? Well, we heard there were some T-Shirts made, and they weren't made by us. And that didn't sit well with us. And then we heard there was a parade planned. And that didn't sit well with us. So we went out there, because we had unfinished business.'
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 1:39:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

'Can I be honest? Can I tell the truth? Well, we heard there were some T-Shirts made, and they weren't made by us. And that didn't sit well with us. And then we heard there was a parade planned. And that didn't sit well with us. So we went out there, because we had unfinished business.'
View Quote

It's still kinda your trophy Puerto Rico.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 1:56:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Well I had planned on buying a WBC Champions hat but holy shit they got too much going on on the front of that hat.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 1:59:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Well I had planned on buying a WBC Champions hat but holy shit they got too much going on on the front of that hat.
View Quote
No shit. I also wanted to get a team USA hat but for $37? I'll pass thanks.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 2:03:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Should be able to get a Team USA hat at a discount in a few months.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 2:19:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm sure Puerto Rico hats are available at a steep discount.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 2:25:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nah they're headed to Nigeria.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 2:37:00 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am going to shit myself laughing if I turn on the TV and see Boko Haram running around in Team Puerto Rico 2017 WBC Champion hats!
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:53:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Did John Smoltz say he would dress up like Christopher Columbus when asked what American he would dress up as?  There was a commercial break in the middle of the conversation so I'm not sure I heard the question correctly.  Thought it was something like "If you were to get dressed up as a famous American, who would it be?" If so he was channeling Rex Hudler! I know I heard him talk about the drop in crime and that "not one murder has happened since Friday" because of the WBC. Color commentators are hilarious when the game isn't close, no idea what they're going to say!    

None the less, it was awesome watching the Puerto Rico team get pasted! hahahahahaha
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:59:34 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Did John Smoltz say he would dress up like Christopher Columbus when asked what American he would dress up as?  There was a commercial break in the middle of the conversation so I'm not sure I heard the question correctly.  Thought it was something like "If you were to get dressed up as a famous American, who would it be?" 
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Did John Smoltz say he would dress up like Christopher Columbus when asked what American he would dress up as?  There was a commercial break in the middle of the conversation so I'm not sure I heard the question correctly.  Thought it was something like "If you were to get dressed up as a famous American, who would it be?" 
That was exactly what he said.

I don't think NASA was scrambling to find a Plan B when John Smoltz decided to play baseball. 

If so he was channeling Rex Hudler! I know I heard him talk about the drop in crime and that "not one murder has happened since Friday" because of the WBC. Color commentators are hilarious when the game isn't close, no idea what they're going to say!    
Pedro Martinez said the same thing several times on the MLBN Pregame show. I guess the crime rate really did drop dramatically this week, which is hilarious. There's probably going to be a crime wave this weekend with the back log of murders. 
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:19:00 PM EDT
[#25]
So the plan was for the Pirates to platoon 3rd between Jung Ho Kang and David Freese. But Kang just got his third DUI in Korea and might not be let back into the country. He'll certainly miss opening day. And we don't have a fifth starter.

Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:43:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
So the plan was for the Pirates to platoon 3rd between Jung Ho Kang and David Freese. But Kang just got his third DUI in Korea and might not be let back into the country. He'll certainly miss opening day. And we don't have a fifth starter.

View Quote
Doesn't Kang have some assault charges pending in Chicago too?
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:01:53 PM EDT
[#27]
As far as I can tell, he was never charged with sexual assault or anything because the witness didn't cooperate.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 11:31:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He is all over the map!

The Tigers had a relief pitcher who date raped some MILF he picked up at a bar a couple years back. 
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 7:58:48 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I thought Adam Jones was easily the MVP of the WBC. EASILY!
View Quote
I was surprised it wasn't Jonesy but we couldn't have won without that great pitching either.

Adam Jones is one of my favorite players in the game. I miss the Markakis, Jones, Cruz combo in the OF.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 1:53:00 PM EDT
[#30]
8 more days until Opening Day.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 4:01:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Make baseball great again! Bring back home plate collisions.

Link Posted: 3/24/2017 6:03:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Ok guys, I desperately need help on my keepers for fantasy this year. I'm down to Dallas Keuchel, Brandon Finnegan, AJ Cole, and Yulieski Gurriel. Cole would be a prospect I would more than likely sit on if need be. I think Finnegan has more upside than Keuchel, but The Reds suck and the Stros will inevitably have more wins, which helps Keuchel. As for Gurriel, 3rd base is not very deep in my league, so I would be hoping for the best with him and waiting for a prospect to come up. Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 6:04:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Make baseball great again! Bring back home plate collisions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlTKoqAzbaA
View Quote
They included the Charlie Hustle one in the Allstar game where he broke the catcher.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:59:37 AM EDT
[#34]
You can't have a collision at the plate video without Mike Scioscia.

Mike Scioscia home plate collision highlights!
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:01:06 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:04:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Listening to a game while sitting outside. Not much better than this.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 1:34:58 PM EDT
[#37]
One week out. I'm not a fan of three games on Sunday. The first day should be a showcase for the champs.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 1:48:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
One week out. I'm not a fan of three games on Sunday. The first day should be a showcase for the champs.
View Quote
The World Series was last year. This is beginning of the new season and everyone is starting from zero. 
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 2:54:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Until the final out is made in the 2017 WS, the Cubs are kings of the world.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 3:08:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

The World Series was last year. This is beginning of the new season and everyone is starting from zero. 
View Quote
Just let him gloat for a bit. We all know it'll be another century before they win again.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 5:11:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Just let him gloat for a bit. We all know it'll be another century before they win again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I doubt that's true though. They still have a pretty good team. But, the World Series was last year. 
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 1:26:44 PM EDT
[#42]
one week from today i'll be at dodger stadium opening day.

wish it was camden yards, but i love baseball and i'm glad it's back!!
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 3:06:10 PM EDT
[#43]
The Tigers don't play until 5:00 PM CT tonight, so I am listening to the Mets vs. Nats. Josh Lewin, former Tigers broadcaster in the 90s, is doing the color commentary. 

It suddenly struck me that this guy sounds like Nina Hartley. Their voices are about the same tenor, and he has the same minor lisp. 

Link Posted: 3/27/2017 4:14:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
The Tigers don't play until 5:00 PM CT tonight, so I am listening to the Mets vs. Nats. Josh Lewin, former Tigers broadcaster in the 90s, is doing the color commentary. 

It suddenly struck me that this guy sounds like Nina Hartley. Their voices are about the same tenor, and he has the same minor lisp. 

View Quote
Lewin did the Rangers for awhile as well. God I hate that guy. Get ready for endless Seinfeld references.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 5:30:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Lewin did the Rangers for awhile as well. God I hate that guy. Get ready for endless Seinfeld references.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He did have a few Seinfeld references today.

He did Tigers play by play in the 90s on PASS with Kirk Gibson doing the color commentary. It used to be great because he Gibby would pull out the light pen during replays and essentially color the whole screen yellow. 
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 6:02:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Is that any different from what Gibson does now when he is on?
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 6:19:52 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I doubt that's true though. They still have a pretty good team. But, the World Series was last year. 
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/30/2017 11:02:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Well, it looks like the Cards are going to keep Molina for another year. I'm happy with Cervelli as our starting Catcher, but if Yadi was on the open market, I'd be happy to take him instead.

Of course the Pirate front office would never cough up the money to get Molina even if he were available...
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 11:09:08 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Well, it looks like the Cards are going to keep Molina for another year. I'm happy with Cervelli as our starting Catcher, but if Yadi was on the open market, I'd be happy to take him instead.

Of course the Pirate front office would never cough up the money to get Molina even if he were available...
View Quote
It's supposedly a 3 year deal. He'll retire a Cardinal.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 11:12:18 PM EDT
[#50]
At least he won't have to decide which team to put on his hat for his HoF plaque.
Page / 57
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top