Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2001 5:15:07 PM EDT
Just finished up an AK chambered in .458 SOCOM built on a milled 7.62x39 receiver.  I only fired it singly in the shop trap since I was concerned with the posibility of a slam fire that would surely send the #2 round over the trap.  Recoil is pretty nasty with the full power rounds in the AK.  It feeds from a modified Bulgarian .223 waffle magazine.  I'll get the prototype cleaned up shortly and get some pics up on the Tromix website.

Tony Rumore
Tromix Corp
www.tromix.com
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 5:26:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Tony,

You are the Frank Loyd Wright of the gun industry. You design and build beautiful things that no-one has thought of before.

If anyone hasn't seen the www.tromix.com website, it is a great page. I love my 17" .50AE Tromix rifle. I shoot ragged hole groups regularly and took 2 deer with it last fall.

Tony, would you send me that prototype for more extensive testing?  [:D]

-=Bob

Link Posted: 5/1/2001 5:40:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Tony, you just keep coming up with stuff that I want to spend my money on!  I'm planning on one of yor .50 AE uppers this summer, and now it seems that I might need to get this too.

PICS, PICS, PICS!!

BTW: How do you think one of those Cavalry Arms polymer AR lowers would stand up to that .50 upper?
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 5:43:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Well....Shawn.......if you are out there lurking, when are you going to send me a Cav lower to try with the Tromix Sledgehammer......

I am interested to see how it holds up as well.

Link Posted: 5/1/2001 5:59:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 6:51:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Tony maybe you can build a ak set-up with a caliber that fits in an ak47 mag. there millions of these mags around which would make it an added bonus.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top