Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
6/21/2017 8:25:40 PM
Posted: 5/1/2001 5:15:07 PM EDT
Just finished up an AK chambered in .458 SOCOM built on a milled 7.62x39 receiver. I only fired it singly in the shop trap since I was concerned with the posibility of a slam fire that would surely send the #2 round over the trap. Recoil is pretty nasty with the full power rounds in the AK. It feeds from a modified Bulgarian .223 waffle magazine. I'll get the prototype cleaned up shortly and get some pics up on the Tromix website. Tony Rumore Tromix Corp www.tromix.com
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 5:26:07 PM EDT
Tony, You are the Frank Loyd Wright of the gun industry. You design and build beautiful things that no-one has thought of before. If anyone hasn't seen the www.tromix.com website, it is a great page. I love my 17" .50AE Tromix rifle. I shoot ragged hole groups regularly and took 2 deer with it last fall. Tony, would you send me that prototype for more extensive testing? [:D] -=Bob
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 5:40:57 PM EDT
Tony, you just keep coming up with stuff that I want to spend my money on! I'm planning on one of yor .50 AE uppers this summer, and now it seems that I might need to get this too. PICS, PICS, PICS!! BTW: How do you think one of those Cavalry Arms polymer AR lowers would stand up to that .50 upper?
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 5:43:41 PM EDT
Well....Shawn.......if you are out there lurking, when are you going to send me a Cav lower to try with the Tromix Sledgehammer...... I am interested to see how it holds up as well.
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 5:59:51 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 6:51:28 PM EDT
Tony maybe you can build a ak set-up with a caliber that fits in an ak47 mag. there millions of these mags around which would make it an added bonus.
Top Top