Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/1/2001 2:39:42 PM EDT
Check the pricing at Natchez Shooters Supply. The write up makes it sound like
they build these things like the better Leupolds, etc. but the pricing is
ridiculously low. What gives?

Anybody have experience w/these and care to share?

Anybody know where the Leapers are made, and if they have website or catalog info available? Seems like they have to be a p.o.s. but I'd hate to miss the scope bargain of the year, ha ha.
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 2:41:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Leapers scopes are basically a Tasco scope.  If you notice the rubber armoured scope that they sell.  This is the exact scope that used to be made under license for Tasco in China.  You'll notice that Tasco no longer carries this scope.  Since China dosen't believe in copyrights or humna rights for that matter, they just kept making the same scopes that they were making for Tasco.  These scopes are made under the name Leapers.  If you think Tasco has a good scope, then yes these are good scopes.  They are far from a Leupold, though.

Link Posted: 5/1/2001 2:53:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I got one of the carry handle mount Leapers scopes as a freebie with a Colt AR I bought from CDNN. The eye relief is much too short. Since it was "free", I just put it back up on the shelf rather than try to work around the eye relief problem, so I can't comment on it's performance (or lack thereof).
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 3:08:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I have the rubber armored on my HBAR.  It works and that is it.  The optics are fine as long as I shoot my AR before I get the Leupold Vari-x III out.  I have not had any problems so far, but am going to switch it our for a Vari-x III 3.5-10x40 ASAP.  My point, it works but if you want a quality scope save up and do it right the first time.  
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 3:12:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Leapers are made by ChiCom (Chinese Communist) every dollar you spent on a Leaper scope goes to fund the People's Liberation Army. With that aside, it's the best scope you can get with the money. It's cheap, but it functions. If you want to compare it with Leupold or the like, buy a Leupold.
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 11:24:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I am Very happy with mine, it was well worth the $35 i paid for it. not the best scope but very good for the money.

Six
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 11:44:37 PM EDT
[#6]
I have the Leapers 6-24X50 AO scope, around $100.00 from Natchez. I originally got it for my AR, but didn't feel it was quite up to the task.
It works GREAT on a 10/22, though!
[img]albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=245842&a=1842204&p=24606646&Sequence=0[/img]
It's on the right one.
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 11:49:47 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't know Tree the one on the left looks like a 50mm bell to me.....
Just pulling your chain...
I got a Leapers 6.5-20x56mm on my AR haven't zero'd it yet though....
[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=51205&a=532526&p=47637260&Sequence=0&res[img/]It's the second to the left...
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 12:19:02 AM EDT
[#8]
[img]wsphotofews.excite.com/034/fv/kv/9n/Pr15777.jpg[/img]
[:D]
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 12:21:00 AM EDT
[#9]
[img]wsphotofews.excite.com/032/lR/jq/Yb/Pq23203.jpg[/img]
[:P]
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 12:30:34 AM EDT
[#10]
TreeTop...

you suck.....

Hey,
How many 10/22's you got anyway?

John
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 12:36:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
...How many 10/22's you got anyway?

View Quote

5 right now, plus parts for at least one more. I'm waiting on a couple 80% receivers from Tannery_Shop, I'm going to attempt to build more. [:D]

3 of them are in the pictures above, the other 2 are somewhere else...
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 12:42:50 AM EDT
[#12]
I thought I loved them...
I have one back east that my Step Dad is in possession off. Won't see it back until he drops unfortunately. I was thinking of picking up one of those Bull barrel ones but I don't care for that multicolored wood stock. Do they make a black one or do you have to customize it?

BTW--When did you become a moderator and what does that entail you to do?

John
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 6:45:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Beagles, do you know anyone wanting a Choate folding stock for their Mini-14??  I have one to sell if you know somebody.  It is black, same as yours.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top