Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/7/2016 4:15:23 PM EDT
If you thought the $19 NATO Jerry cans was a great deal, wait til you see this one!

WPA is having a blow out sale on their Gen 3 Night Vision
They have a small quantity of Gen 3 Night Vision Monoculars on sale for just $1665.
When they are gone, they are gone.
http://ammunitionstore.com/products/wpa-pn21k-night-vision-monocular-gen-3.html

I tested their entire line of Night Vision a couple years ago and here is an online write-up
http://www.rifleshootermag.com/news/wolf-ammunition-now-making-tactical-optics/

These are slightly smaller than a PVS-14 and use one standard AA battery. I have compared them side by side with my Gen 3 PVS-14 and performance was very similar.
For $1665 they are a smoking deal for anyone looking to get into Gen 3 night vision.

They are also offering them with a headmount
With a head mount

With head mount and an extra 3x lens
With headmount and extra 3x accessory lens

With head mount and extra 5x lens
With head mount and extra 5x accessory lens

They are also blowing out Night Vision scopes for rifles
Their PN23 is a lightweight Gen 3 rifle scope for $2195
This is actually a really nice small night vision scope which works great on an AR
http://ammunitionstore.com/products/wpa-pn23-compact-night-sight-gen-3.html

Their PN22K is a larger optic which offers both day and night capability
you just rotate a knob on top and it switches from day to night, again Gen 3 NVD
price is just $2225
pictures on their website are wrong, for some reason they have pics of the PN23 there
http://ammunitionstore.com/products/wpa-pn22k-day-and-night-sight-gen-3.html
It is the large optic at the top of this pic

Video review of various WPA optics including night vision
Wolf Performance Optics: Official Release SHOT Show 2015

Link Posted: 12/7/2016 4:22:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I can smell the burning credit cards through the Internet.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 4:30:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't remember ever before seeing any quantity of gen 3 monoculars going for that kind of money. My repot AEO unit was well over $2k quite a few years ago.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 4:32:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Damn it Dave.

Now I need to find more money for Xmas gifts.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 4:40:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Just to be clear, these are russian tubes, in russian housings, that most likely wont work with any pvs 14 accessories, it says it has autogating, but seeing as its russian.... The big thing is it's a russian tube & housing, so there will be no replacement tubes if & when yours kicks off & I doubt a 10160 tube will work with housing either. Just some things to think about.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 4:43:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just to be clear, these are russian tubes, in russian housings, that most likely wont work with any pvs 14 accessories, it says it has autogating, but seeing as its russian.... The big thing is it's a russian tube & housing, so there will be no replacement tubes if & when yours kicks off & I doubt a 10160 tube will work with housing either. Just some things to think about.
View Quote

This all day. It's better to pay a little more for a used pvs-14. I bought gen 3 pvs-7's at $1300, the US made deals are out there.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 4:45:27 PM EDT
[#6]
WPA?  Same maker as Wolf ammo?
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 4:46:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

TRUE! They are Russian produced at NPZ.
The monoculars will not work with PVS14 accessories, at least not without some type of adapter.

I know RS Regulate of AK mount fame had been looking at building a mount, but dunno if they ever did.

Even so, performance is very good.

Plus keep in mind, there is only a small quantity of these units available. Perhaps 5 to 10 of each.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 4:47:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
WPA?  Same maker as Wolf ammo?
View Quote

WPA is a brand, these were made by NPZ of Russia, one of their oldest optics manufacturers first set up by Carl Zeiss in 1905 I believe.
They are imported and distributed by Wolf.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 4:50:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 4:52:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If only they had made them PVS14 accessory compatible
View Quote

agreed
but it is likely one adapter away
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 4:54:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 4:54:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Lately I have seen older Gen 3 pvs 14s with 10160 and 11769 tubes around $1500! Used of course. I would take those over these. Hell, there are some tubes and bodies in the EE right now that one could piece together a good gen 3 pvs 14 for around $1300.

Not that good of a deal really.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 4:58:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

agreed
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If only they had made them PVS14 accessory compatible

agreed

That's the magic word that makes it not worthwhile.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 5:01:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I sent the links to my son. I offered to sell him my PVS7. He backed out. Sold it to a buddy and then he wanted them.
View Quote

Isn't that typical!!

Link Posted: 12/7/2016 5:30:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

This all day. It's better to pay a little more for a used pvs-14. I bought gen 3 pvs-7's at $1300, the US made deals are out there.
View Quote

I agree also.  Heck, there is a Gen3 ITT F9815J tube on the EE for $500 and used PVS-14 "housing" (for the price I think it would be complete with glass) for $575.  So for $1075 you can have a Gen3 PVS-14 if you can follow a youtube video on assembling a PVS-14.  If I didn't already have a PVS-14 and a MOD3 I'd be jumping on these.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 5:40:36 PM EDT
[#16]
IMHO - since these are Russian i would stay away.  save your pennies and buy a used US made PVS14.

YMMV.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 5:47:20 PM EDT
[#17]
@clharr Are these any good?
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 6:01:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 6:23:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Must agree here.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
IMHO - since these are Russian i would stay away.  save your pennies and buy a used US made PVS14.

YMMV.

Must agree here.

I have both Russian and American made night vision, including two PVS-14s

There is a place for both

my favorite NVD is still my first one, an ancient Gen 1 1PN-58 from NPZ
it is just a lot of fun
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 6:47:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
I have built Pvs 14s for $1500, they are not a good deal

Link Posted: 12/7/2016 9:09:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Not everyone wants to build
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 9:24:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I can smell the burning credit cards through the Internet.
View Quote

Yup
Wish it was mine
ETA: maybe not
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 11:53:25 PM EDT
[#23]
The Russians can make decent gear when they want. They tend to keep the good stuff and sell the trash. Same thing applies to night vision. They keep the best tubes and sell the garbage. Russian Gen 3 is far behind US Gen 3 (at least the export stuff is). Nope, save your pennies.
Link Posted: 12/9/2016 4:13:47 PM EDT
[#24]
bumpage
Link Posted: 12/9/2016 4:18:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I have built Pvs 14s for $1500, they are not a good deal

View Quote

Any good guides you guys could recommend on building one?
Link Posted: 12/9/2016 4:21:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Any good guides you guys could recommend on building one?
View Quote

Head over to the night vision section in the armory. Lots of smart folks there, and a certain vendor who is the shit will be along to sell you new parts and toys.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top