Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/7/2016 1:54:52 AM EDT
I just love the MX-991/U but it performs so poorly compared to modern flashlights, so I took it upon myself to build it into a monster light. With 2 x 26650 batteries it will run on bright for more than 8 hours and way longer on low.

Also in the photo is a Colt/Walther 1911-22 I refinished and rebuilt into a Vietnam Era Pistol

This was taken in the rain, the gate is 70 yards away, and the white target is 100yd. I was even able to see my 200yd target, well enough to aim at if needed.

Link Posted: 12/7/2016 2:04:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 2:06:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Freaking sweet man!

<---flashlightaholic

is that a p60 drop in unit?
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 7:05:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Freaking sweet man!

<---flashlightaholic

is that a p60 drop in unit?
View Quote

Thanks

I'm not sure I found a chinese website and bought about a dozen different style of reflectors, and I paired it with a 2.7v-15v driver. When installed it takes up the full lens area of the MX-991/U
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 2:05:37 AM EDT
[#4]
As for the 1911-22

I bought most of the GI parts off of ebay. The safety, a main spring housing with lanyard loop, and the grips were the main changes.
Alumahyde II has two parkerizing colors : parkerizing grey and dark
parkerizing grey, I used one shade for the receiver and the other for
the slide. I then added wear to the slide release and hammer.

I used a cnc to cut the trigger down to correct size and protrusion from the receiver.

I've unsuccessfully used it twice while squirrel hunting with my other squirrel busting Vietnam rifles, missed both times with the
1911-22 lol.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top