Die
???
Live again?
Full combat class or nothing. 
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 10:10:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
List has been updated for runners, I've been too busy to get the donation list updated, and I don't see that happening before I leave tomorrow, unfortunately. We will definitely have money to send forward for the next CW event. I will do the accounting when I get home next week and shit calms down.

Also, NVG is giving a prize to be announced for the best time with an MOA shirt or hat. So bust out some MOA schwag.
View Quote
Well, I did wear my MOA hat to class today, so I don't have to rummage to find it.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 10:42:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

It will see plenty of dirt and mud, but we keep the roads trimmed back at camp. It will be a few years before I say fuck it.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/210094/image-171076.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/210094/image-171079.JPG
View Quote
I don't blame you.  That's a nice truck.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 11:28:59 PM EDT
[#4]
What's the consensus on getting there via car, will it make it?
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 11:43:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
I wouldn't think twice about it but i'm stupid. Pay a little bit of attention and it should be fine.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 11:54:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
If this is your car, you probably won't make it.

Other than that, I think you'll be fine if you drive with due care.

That said, I got familiar enough with the drive in/out at CWW I that I started driving far more recklessly, with no problems.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 12:31:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
If you get stuck, I'll have a tow strap, come-along, shovel and 4 wheel drive.  

Or we can just burn it in place.  Who doesn't like a nice car fire in the desert?
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 12:39:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If this is your car, you probably won't make it.

http://www.marktraffic.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/impala_low_rider_by_rafagutti.jpg

Other than that, I think you'll be fine if you drive with due care.

That said, I got familiar enough with the drive in/out at CWW I that I started driving far more recklessly, with no problems.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

If you drive this you'll probably make it, but you'll get laughed at.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 12:58:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If you ask anyone dude there "Can I use your rifle?" I'd bet my middle nut he would be running to grab it before you finished asking. You can literally show up with zero and you'll get fed, get a place to sleep, get drinks, and have access to dozens of rifles. As long as you're cool, you won't have an issue.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Should I bring a backup rifle?  LOL
If you ask anyone dude there "Can I use your rifle?" I'd bet my middle nut he would be running to grab it before you finished asking. You can literally show up with zero and you'll get fed, get a place to sleep, get drinks, and have access to dozens of rifles. As long as you're cool, you won't have an issue.
At the first CWW someone I never meet let me use their NV so I could help run the night runs. Never meet the guy before and he just hands them off like nothing could go wrong. I now own my own pvs 14 and anyone is welcome to try them out and then guns with lasers
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 1:16:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Reloads have been manufactured, rifles are cleaned and zeroed, car is packed, dogs are excited. See y'all tomorrow afternoon!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 3:40:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

At the first CWW someone I never meet let me use their NV so I could help run the night runs. Never meet the guy before and he just hands them off like nothing could go wrong. I now own my own pvs 14 and anyone is welcome to try them out and then guns with lasers
View Quote
The "funnier" thing is, I woke up having no idea who I lent my pvs-7s to. I knew I lent them out to some one but to whom I lent them out to was a bit of a blur.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 9:01:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I feel dirty.

I joined the dark side.

http://i.imgur.com/zmkDjS5.jpg?1
View Quote
Nice!  Welcome to perfection. 
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 9:04:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Or we can just burn it in place.  Who doesn't like a nice car fire in the desert?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you're driving a rented Mitsubishi, I'll have MY tow strap for you.    @HDLS
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 9:06:37 AM EDT
[#14]
And it begins
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 9:42:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rented Mitsubishi?

Not me. Pre-pinstriped and paint cancered blackish Yukon.

Watch me get stuck now after talking shit.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 11:34:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Safe travels to all Cola Warriors.

See you in the desert wastelands.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 12:21:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
Stay woke Cola Warriors.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 12:22:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Stay puke Cola Warriors.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 12:23:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Well if I stay here any longer I'm just going to make myself think I forgot something important.  See y'all this evening!
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 12:26:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Godspeed warriors
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 12:47:18 PM EDT
[#21]
To those who are about to chug; I salute you!
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 12:57:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Well if I stay here any longer I'm just going to make myself think I forgot something important.  See y'all this evening!
View Quote
I'm just gonna throw some clothes in a backpack, hide an AR and a Glock in there, and hop on a plane. Should be fine.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 1:09:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I'm just gonna throw some clothes in a backpack, hide an AR and a Glock in there, and hop on a plane. Should be fine.
View Quote
You need a tent or sleeping bag or are you just going to lay in the dirt?

@boxofrox
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 1:13:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
@HDLS.  Read you IM's.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 1:20:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

@HDLS.  Read you IM's.
View Quote
@bajagringo

Sent you a text via cell and a pm.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 1:48:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 1:52:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Rented Mitsubishi?

Not me. Pre-pinstriped and paint cancered blackish Yukon.

Watch me get stuck now after talking shit.
View Quote
I could have sworn the guy that I helped tow out said he was HDLS.  I wonder who that was.  The problem with this and Peep Signal is keeping track of who is who.  Been chatting with most of our guys here and there for over 2 years and still only know who about 5 are on both sites.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 1:56:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
Likewise, on both accounts.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 2:09:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
The "funnier" thing is, I woke up having no idea who I lent my pvs-7s to. I knew I lent them out to some one but to whom I lent them out to was a bit of a blur.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, second night at Cola Warrior Texas last year I lent out my NVG Monocular to CRTalley so he could watch the night runs, I ended up racking out early and got them back the next morning. I saw tens of thousands of dollars worth of gear just laying around with no fucks given. No one knows who the gear and firearms belongs to but the owner. I lost track of my rifle and pistol  after my run at CWSE and it magically showed up sitting in the back of KAIK's truck after a couple of hours. Someone probably used them on their run.

Funny thing is if you show up without a rifle and pistol, you will have people falling all over themselves to loan you theirs. I have never met such a great group of people to be around. Most other shoots I've been to, people are very possessive of their gear, and you're liable to get cussed out if you even glance at it. The people I've met will keep me coming back to as many Cola Warrior events as I can make it to. The  competition is great, but the people are better.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 2:11:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

@boxofrox
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@boxofrox
It's always Thursday at Cola Warrior, I'm sure someone will snuggle with him.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 2:23:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

@boxofrox
View Quote
Thanks for the thought, but I'm flying down to SLC to meet up with my cousin and then we're driving down. So he's got all the stuff I need down there.

But that's not to say I won't end up laying in the dirt at one point or another this weekend.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 2:37:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Thanks for the thought, but I'm flying down to SLC to meet up with my cousin and then we're driving down. So he's got all the stuff I need down there.

But that's not to say I won't end up laying in the dirt at one point or another this weekend.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@boxofrox

Ok. I threw in a tent, a couple sleeping pads and sleeping bags just in case someone needs them.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 2:41:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Ok. I threw in a tent, a couple sleeping pads and sleeping bags just in case someone needs them.
View Quote
I might take you up on the saturday.  I've got my own bag though.

Also, does anyone have the map.  I emailed the address in the OP but nothing back yet.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 2:44:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Also, does anyone have the map.  I emailed the address in the OP but nothing back yet.
View Quote
Check the OP. P2 gave a rundown of the directions.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 2:45:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Yeah, second night at Cola Warrior Texas last year I lent out my NVG Monocular to CRTalley so he could watch the night runs, I ended up racking out early and got them back the next morning. I saw tens of thousands of dollars worth of gear just laying around with no fucks given. No one knows who the gear and firearms belongs to but the owner. I lost track of my rifle and pistol  after my run at CWSE and it magically showed up sitting in the back of KAIK's truck after a couple of hours. Someone probably used them on their run.

Funny thing is if you show up without a rifle and pistol, you will have people falling all over themselves to loan you theirs. I have never met such a great group of people to be around. Most other shoots I've been to, people are very possessive of their gear, and you're liable to get cussed out if you even glance at it. The people I've met will keep me coming back to as many Cola Warrior events as I can make it to. The  competition is great, but the people are better.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's my safe space.

Except when I'm dying.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 2:54:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tweeter is on the road, IM me your email in the next hour and I'll forward you what I have. Also check out the directions and pictures in the OP.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 2:58:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Heads up for anyone traveling from up north, there was a wreck on 95 outside Hawthorne. Traffic is stopped by walker lake. I've been texting my mom, apparently it could be an hour delay.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 3:19:56 PM EDT
[#38]
850 miles to go.  Half way through CWW roadside bearing R&R obstacle.

Can I get a ruling?  Is the time spent locating the parts retailer counted as time on obstacle?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 3:21:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Leaving in the next hour or so. Still not entirely sure which route I want to take, but I'll probably take the 40.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 3:50:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Tweeter is on the road, IM me your email in the next hour and I'll forward you what I have. Also check out the directions and pictures in the OP.
View Quote
JohnStoner got me the map link.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 5:31:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Linked up with bajagringo.

On the 15 N headed to the 40.

Looking a little rainy up here by Victorville.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 5:45:08 PM EDT
[#42]
North crew ran into a one hour delay around Walker lake. We are now in Tonopah having lunch, so we will be there 7-8ish
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 7:21:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Near Ludlow
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 8:23:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Fucking thunderstorms,
Drove my buddies jeep to work today- no top.
Just got home, totally soaked.
Those poor bastards up there right now
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 9:05:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Stormy in Laughlin.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 9:20:13 PM EDT
[#46]
I'll be out first thing tomorrow. Can't wait to see you degenerates and get some thermoregulation on.

Family might come out Friday =D
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 9:28:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Fresh batch of habanero tequila
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 9:32:32 PM EDT
[#48]
O my that looks tasty
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 9:32:38 PM EDT
[#49]
So my +1 didn't seem to make it off the standby list. What time does she need to be there Thurs to run?
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 9:35:16 PM EDT
[#50]
Got my gear ready, just waiting for the wife to get home with the Wrangler so I can load it up tonight and head out at 0-dark-thirty. I remembered the CWWII knife so pistol shooters rejoice!
Page / 31
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top