BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 12/6/2016 2:04:31 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 2:06:38 AM EDT
[#1]
There are lousy business people of all ages.  The millenials just don't reflect it on their resumes yet.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 2:07:00 AM EDT
[#2]
CSB?

Maybe the franchise owner noticed it was a slow night and called it.

Nah... that lazy millennial was too eager to mop the floors, that's it.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 2:07:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Fire them obviously and hire people who will adhere to business hours.

Link Posted: 12/6/2016 2:07:26 AM EDT
[#4]
is it a franchise?

call the owner maybe?

Their business their rules?
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 2:07:40 AM EDT
[#5]
You could call manager and bitch, but I guarantee that behavior isn't exclusive to millennials.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 2:10:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Most places close when they don't see a single customer for over half an hour, also it's never cool to be that guy that comes in five minutes before closing and sit there for an hour, not saying thats you OP.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 2:10:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 2:11:34 AM EDT
[#8]
you are aware millennials are well into there 30's now right?...they are not the current young teenager
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 2:11:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There are lousy business people of all ages.  The millenials just don't reflect it on their resumes yet.
View Quote

This. When I worked in retail we'd only lock the door at closing time. If someone walked up, assuming they didn't look like they were about to rob the place, we'd sell to them and help out.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 2:13:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 2:13:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 2:14:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Yes it is a franchise... I can call the main office and see if it was their call. If it was, then cannot blame the staff and I would post an apology. I know that if I were their boss and they did this I would be pissed.

maybe I can get them fired and I shall say my name is AROCK.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
is it a franchise?

call the owner maybe?

Their business their rules?

Yes it is a franchise... I can call the main office and see if it was their call. If it was, then cannot blame the staff and I would post an apology. I know that if I were their boss and they did this I would be pissed.

maybe I can get them fired and I shall say my name is AROCK.

Not sure if serious but IMO you've already wasted more than enough time and energy on a shitty cup of yogurt that could have been.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 2:15:14 AM EDT
[#13]
I was working in an area that had a Wingstop chicken wings place. It's rare in my neck of the woods, so when I travel if they have a Wingstop I'll eat at at. I can call my order in as I'm leaving the job site and it's ready to pick up when I get there.

Anyway I call to make my order and the cashier puts me on hold. I wait for like 5 minutes on hold and then call back. This time no answer. By now I just decide I'm going to order it at the store and wait. I pull up and the cashier is playing on her phone obviously not wanting to take any more orders. So, instead of getting pissed I went ahead and placed my order there and ate there just to make them stay later than they would have if I could have just picked up my order and left.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 2:16:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Most places close when they don't see a single customer for over half an hour,
View Quote
no, they don't.

Link Posted: 12/6/2016 2:17:33 AM EDT
[#15]
The stoners I knew in high school did the same thing at their lame-ass jobs.. but that was about 20 years too early to be blamed on millennials.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 2:17:59 AM EDT
[#16]
That shit happened to me a couple of times before people born after 1980 became the source of all the worlds problems. The manager was probably the least shitty employee out of the droves of doctors, physicist, and engineers that flood your local yogurt joint with job applications yearly.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 2:19:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Not your business or problem.  If it bothers you, go somewhere else.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 2:20:55 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 2:24:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Can we cool it with the Millennial hate? Your generation invented Marxism. Oh wait, it didn't? Guess we shouldn't generalize about generations.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 2:26:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 2:28:10 AM EDT
[#21]
Family vacation driving to Vegas,  wife didn't pack my jeans....

Sunday evening they close at 5pm...i run in the door at 4:55...i could see the "oh shit hell no mother fucker" on the young girls face....

I dashed to the jeans,  snatched two pair,  ran to the checkout,  she was as sweet as could be. 

That young girl understood business hours and customer service.  Yes the store manager got an email and a thank you.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 2:28:12 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Can we cool it with the Millennial hate? Your generation invented Marxism. Oh wait, it didn't? Guess we shouldn't generalize about generations.
View Quote

Nah, it's cool and edgy to blame other people for your generations mistakes.  I mean all of us millennials raised ourselves right?  
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 2:28:13 AM EDT
[#23]
I started a business with two fellow millennials.  We just recently bought property to expand and have our own building going up this month.

I'm currently training my replacement (also a millennial) so I can fire myself and go back to aerospace.  Millennials aren't all the incompetent jerk offs that the stereotype implies...
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 2:30:25 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Most places close when they don't see a single customer for over half an hour, also it's never cool to be that guy that comes in five minutes before closing and sit there for an hour, not saying thats you OP.
View Quote
Arbitrarily changing closing hours is a self-imposed death sentence in a service business. It runs the risk of pissing off good customers when they show up at your store to spend money...and you aren't observing your own hours. 
Opening and closing hours are determined by past sales records and adjusted based on day of week vs. traffic vs. revenues....not on a whim. 
When I was in the hospitality business I sometimes muttered under my breath when somebody came in at closing time, but I realized I was in the hospitality business and I never turned a hungry guest away...even if I had to go cook their meal myself. 
The first rule of business is: take the money

Link Posted: 12/6/2016 2:32:06 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I started a business with two fellow millennials.  We just recently bought property to expand and have our own building going up this month.

I'm currently training my replacement so I can fire myself and go back to aerospace.  Millennials aren't all the incompetent jerk offs that the stereotype implies...
View Quote

Nope. You clearly are lazy. It is only through the wisdom of the Baby Boomers that you were able to be successful.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 2:32:44 AM EDT
[#26]
Typical millinials wanting Frozen Yogurt with their dad.  Fucking pathetic!

wait, why are we pissed?
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 2:37:54 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 2:38:33 AM EDT
[#28]
I used to work at a Stop and Rob, every once in awhile I would get a 0400 - 0900 shift, the cleaning shift.
More than once I found the store locked up and the mid-check guy either drunk or stoned in his van listening to music or banging his ugly girlfriend.
This was 1978.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 2:39:53 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I had a tech that would reschedule calls on his own because he didnt want to run them... I gave him a warning that if he was not capable of working, the office is to make that call, not him. A customer is expecting you to be there whether its sales or service. If you dont deliver, someone else will.
View Quote

I knew a guy who took a job with a competing business (time clock tech/service), and abused his recognizance to collect two paychecks for over a year, simply putting off each service call from the two jobs until he had time, and collecting full-time (if shitty) pay from both places of business in between naps during the business day. He certainly leveraged that ITT 2-year degree.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 2:41:02 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 2:44:43 AM EDT
[#31]
I got my ball and chain in 2008. 
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 2:45:25 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not being open for your posted hours is a good way to let people know not to bother coming by.   Then what, close even earlier?
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 2:46:48 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 2:52:01 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
you are aware millennials are well into there 30's now right?...they are not the current young teenager
View Quote

What are you talking about?  That's just what we call people younger than us that piss us off.  It's like teener.  
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 2:52:44 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 3:43:57 AM EDT
[#36]
Just a couple weeks ago we drove 20 minutes out of our way since we just happened to be close to our old part of town to a stop by a fruit and vegatable stand we like to go to when we are on that side of town . We got their 10 min before closing and the 2 employees were out the door locking up. Well one was at least in her 30s and the other at least 40

Not defending the youth working in that shop as I have a teenager and she has friends and they are so lazy I can't imaging what they would be like working ( although they are money motivated ) but its just agreeing with some of the others some people are just don't care.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 3:49:11 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

...at least leave a nice tip.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 3:51:22 AM EDT
[#38]
I waited 20 minutes today to pick something up at Macy's.

The woman took my phone with my order on it, and looked at it for 5 minutes. Then asked me what I had ordered. What the fuck is this, quiz time?
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 3:52:08 AM EDT
[#39]
Write that place of business a scathing and sharply worded yelp review!
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 4:01:36 AM EDT
[#40]
mid-late teens are now gen z's now :(
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 4:07:14 AM EDT
[#41]
I have one in one of my shops right now.  He did great until we made him an assistant manager.  Now every week means a new lesson in economics.  He asked me today if we could have a repair part designed and custom machined for a disposable item, so that we could repair them under warranty rather than force the customer to buy a new $10 item. 

Acted like I'm the asshole for not wanting to invest $50k in making sure our customers never have spend money with us again. 

I can't wait until his replacement is trained and ready to take over.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 4:12:37 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 4:20:30 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

What are you talking about?  That's just what we call people younger than us that piss us off.  It's like teener.  
View Quote

haha, well anyone under 28 fucking millennials

Link Posted: 12/6/2016 4:24:07 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I have one in one of my shops right now.  He did great until we made him an assistant manager.  Now every week means a new lesson in economics.  He asked me today if we could have a repair part designed and custom machined for a disposable item, so that we could repair them under warranty rather than force the customer to buy a new $10 item. 

Acted like I'm the asshole for not wanting to invest $50k in making sure our customers never have spend money with us again. 

I can't wait until his replacement is trained and ready to take over.
View Quote

So YOU'RE why washing machines don't last 20 years anymore.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 4:27:58 AM EDT
[#45]
Didnt a bunch of OUR millennials kick ass in Iraq and Afghanistan?
Kudos to you my younger brothers.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 4:33:35 AM EDT
[#46]
Make the call.

Franchise Corp will call the Owner-----> Owner will call the Regional Manager-------->Regional Manager will burn the Store Manager a new asshole------Store Manager will limp in the next morning and tell everyone "we can't do that anymore".
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 4:39:46 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Make the call.

Franchise Corp will call the Owner-----> Owner will call the Regional Manager-------->Regional Manager will burn the Store Manager a new asshole------Store Manager will limp in the next morning and tell everyone "we can't do that anymore".
View Quote

and it will happen the next week, as well.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 4:44:36 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Kids got out of class early 9:30 pm and they wanted to stop by the local frozen yogurt place, Walked up and tried to open the door, locked. Looked at the hours and it said open until 10:00... Millgirl was moping the floors already and I showed her my phone that it was not 10 yet, she has that look as if she got caught so she looks at Millmanager and he just gives me a shrug with an "oh well" look. WTF?

As a business owner myself, If I ever entrusted someone to keep the hours that I post and they closed a half an hour early, I would toss them out on their ass so fast.

So what would you do?
View Quote

So what time was it on your phone ??

Because if it was like 9:59pm, I wouldn't have bothered opening the door either.

So...exactly what time did you get there ??

Link Posted: 12/6/2016 4:49:19 AM EDT
[#49]
I work with people older than me who are, in their 50's and 60's, challenged to show up to open the place on time.
One guy shows up at a few minutes before opening, then does ~30 minutes worth of fuckall before heading "out" to "check on his clients" (hit the bar and hopefully avoid a DUI on his way home to watch ESPN or play golf).

Another will show up smelling like a bar-rag, and forget the importance of things like "turning the fucking store lights on" or "unlocking the doors".
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 6:05:38 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
CSB?

Maybe the franchise owner noticed it was a slow night and called it.

Nah... that lazy millennial was too eager to mop the floors, that's it.
View Quote

If there were no customers for 30 minutes, I'd close early too.  2+ people at $12 an hour?  Kind of defeats the point of trying to make a profit, to pay them on the off chance someone will show up just before the posted closing time to buy $5 of yogurt.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top