Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 12:23:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What kind of shoes?
View Quote

normal 8yo kids tennis shoes ... im not buying a 8yo air jordans...  
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 12:23:55 AM EDT
[#2]
juvenile record wont do anything to him

teach your kid to kick that boys ass so hard his missing father feels it.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 12:24:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
It's time to start Krav Maga lessons.
View Quote

I was going to post this. Both me and my 7 year old take Krav Maga. I do it for exercise (it's excellent BTW) but I wanted him to know how to defend himself. I want my son to walk away from a fight but not because he is scared. Krav Maga  is pretty brutal. It's not fancy or pretty, just brutal. It's what you want him to know, trust me...

This guy isn't going away. Your son can learn a lesson he will carry with him all of his life. Let him teach this kid that messing with he or his sister only brings pain. Your son will always know how to handle folks like that because they are part of life. Good luck

Link Posted: 12/6/2016 12:26:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It's time to start Krav Maga lessons.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/6/2016 12:26:23 AM EDT
[#5]
That other kids dad is going to be so angry when he finds out about this.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 12:27:41 AM EDT
[#6]
I'd pay my lawyer a couple hundred to write "inquiries" to both the school admin, the school board, and the future felons parents.
No intent to sue, but it's on record.
So far.
And perhaps some self defense lessons.
A parent stops at nothing to protect their child.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 12:29:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Worthless shit bags gotta shit somewhere.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 12:33:57 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm gonna hazard a guess and say that DeVon is probably not a French exchange student
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 12:34:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
So wait, a kid attacked your kid for no damn reason. Not a straight fight, ambushed him for reasons....

And he's allowed to stay in school, WTF?
View Quote

Schools do not care about stuff like this anymore.  Nothing happens.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 12:34:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
What kind of shoes?
View Quote

It does not matter.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 12:34:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Can an 8 y/o be criminally charged in the OP's state?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

OP's son is 8 y/o - sounds like the other kid is the same age.  Pressing charges isn't going to go anywhere in this case.

What does age have to do with it? The punk attacked his son and it was witnessed by at least one adult. Pressing charges can initiate a juvenile record on the punk.

Is there a single state where a minor cannot be criminally charged? The question is what court does the criminal proceedings take place in. A kid of his age is a prime candidate for juvenile court.

Link Posted: 12/6/2016 12:35:03 AM EDT
[#12]
In this order:

Make it clear to the administration that you will hold them PERSONALLY responsible for anything further that happens.  Really personally.
File Assault charges.
Krav Maga or other appropriate  self defense course, for both kids.

After that take care of business.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 12:35:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If you feel the school isn't taking it seriously, call the Police, file assault charges formally, then threaten to sue the school.

It is on them to provide a safe environment.

If they fail, they are liable.  
View Quote

Man, this is exactly the kind of shit that is the reason why people are so afraid to do anything to help themselves. What the fuck is wrong with you?
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 12:36:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
That sucks OP, I'd be pissed the little fucker wasn't suspended. You should look into some boxing/self defense instruction for both kids. "Palm strike to the nose" is a myth as far as being deadly and not an effective strike compared to a well timed jab/straight combination or a take down.
View Quote

not looking for deadly at 8yo... looking for quick pain 

secondary problem is my son has PDD autism spectrum 

im giving this kid 1 strike... their is no 2nd... and the teachers will be aware... if i get a single report from either of my kids about this shit bag saying boo to either of them, i will be discussing this with the local PD that i used to work for.

Link Posted: 12/6/2016 12:37:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
When I was in middle school, one of the few black male students would shit talk me about my "Kmart" shoes. At the time, I had no idea guys caring about shoes was a thing, I was like wtf does a guy care about shoes for. Yea, pretty crazy that shoes are a status symbol in the ghetto.
View Quote

Only hoodrats and faggots care about men's shoes.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 12:38:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
What kind of shoes?
View Quote

It does not matter.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 12:38:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Buy him a pair of steel toed boots and teach him to use them so Devon will never forget his shoes.
View Quote

I was going to suggest a pair of Doc Martins, but those probably haven't been cool since I was a kid.  Maybe they are back in style again?
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 12:39:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Home School.

PERIOD.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/6/2016 12:40:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Violence is not the answer.  Is eye gouging by minors illegal?  Well, he definitely should not do that.
View Quote
sometimes it is.....

i showed him this....

Green Beret vs Peru Special Forces Officer
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 12:40:17 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Friend of mine is a black guy named Iman - he's from Connecticut and has a masters in engineering.........  His parent's are a doctor and lawyer.
View Quote

It sucks that people who are so smart gave their kid a retarded name.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 12:44:03 AM EDT
[#21]
I'm sorry your son was exposed to the subsidized class. Explain to him that they have no moral or ethical code and the only thing they understand is sudden and intense violence. Then explain to him how liberal school administration will make excuses for the broken culture whenever they get a chance. Better he learn this lesson now than at an age where he may have been seriously hurt or killed by the encounter.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 12:45:59 AM EDT
[#22]
When I was 9 A De-von across the table asked me for my bread roll.  Told him to take it.  I really didn't want it.

Next day he snatched it off my tray without asking. Smiled at me and his buddy as he wolfed it down.  

Third day I nailed his hand with my fork as he reached for roll #3.

He never gave me trouble after that.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 12:47:15 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Was he attacking other kids at 8 years old because of their shoes? Not likely
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If your children are in a school with schoolmates with names like "De-Von," it's time to get them into another school.

Friend of mine is a black guy named Iman - he's from Connecticut and has a masters in engineering.........  His parent's are a doctor and lawyer.

Was he attacking other kids at 8 years old because of their shoes? Not likely

Thanks for making my point...................
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 12:48:32 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
my kids are twins, a boy and a girl, 8yo, not in the same class, this shit bag is in my daughter class, but they go to lunch and recess together.
he told me on Thur. that this kid has been making fun of him for awhile now because "his shoes aren't cool" and 1 of the kids friends thats in his class told him in class "De'-von is going to F you up.." 
he said as soon as he got up to tell the teacher, the other kid got up to deny everything... 
so i told him i would email his teachers to let them know.
Before i could do that, my wife gets a call at work friday saying he was attacked on the playground.
he and his sister was walking to the playground when the shit bag punched him in the back of the head, then grabbed him and threw him to the ground then started punching him in the stomach
his sister tried to pull the kid off but couldn't.
i guess  the teachers didnt see this, but then the kid did it a 2nd time and the teachers spotted it and grabbed the kid and the kid kept trying to attack him as the teachers had him.
this week the kid is still in class, but not allowed to go to lunch or recess, not sure for how long... 
the teachers have been instructed that i dont expect a repeat of this... 
i instructed my daughter that if this happens again, she is free KICK the other kid off, with instructions to aim for balls, kidneys and head, when i said this her eyes whent http://www.newdesignfile.com/postpic/2015/12/googly-eyes-emoticon_286811.png
my son got instruction on when its OK and when it NOT OK to palm strike a nose, throat, eye strike and head butt and how to avoid / redirect a tackle...
View Quote
Sorry to hear that. That is awful.
I don't know why people are recommending that the OP's child get better shoes. It kind of reinforces the bully's point of view that you need to look cool and be part of the cool crowd to avoid bullying. No, you wear what you have and you don't change for someone else.
If this is really a problem child because he has already been brazen enough to attack a child and continued doing so when teachers tried to pull him away, I hope the teachers and those in charge see that he needs help. 
It is not worth telling your children what to do, like punch him here or there. Much like any combat sports, you have to practice the move, repeat and get the muscle memory, timing, technique, distance and throw in change-ups because his opponent might be wary to counter-attacks. This bully might be bullied at home by someone stronger. So he comes to school and bullies those who are weaker than him. And, the bully may already know that you can dodge or step away from a punch because his bully (older brother maybe) did the same thing to him.  If your child just throws a punch and he moves, now what? He doesn't have sparring experience. There is no plan B. Kind of a sucky situation. To teach fighting to kids, well, you have to wary on not just teaching it but when to use it. A lot of what ifs and you don't want some other parents coming at you that your child is a bully. It could happen without you knowing. He wields the powers of "kiddie krav maga", uses it, and then he craves the attention and power. He's turned into Tony Montana of the playground.

Now, I am all for verbal judo, but the bully is a kid and and has the mind of one. There is no reasoning. I'm amazed he kept on attacking while teachers were pulling him away.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 12:49:26 AM EDT
[#25]
Devon isn't going away. His punishment is barely punishment at all. Back in my day (not that long ago) we'd get paddled and sent home for a week while getting 0s on all coursework that week for fighting if you were the one who started it. Then they made a new zero tolerance bullshit where both parties got in trouble even if you were just defending yourself.

Take it from someone who was bullied in elementary and middle school. You're kids need to learn to take the fight to the bully next time he tries stuff. Make an example out of him and embarrass him in front of the entire school. You won't have any more issues from him again after this. He'll move on to other targets.

Link Posted: 12/6/2016 12:50:19 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

There aren't any suspects on the First 48 named Johnathan or Biff.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 12:52:25 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Is there a single state where a minor cannot be criminally charged? The question is what court does the criminal proceedings take place in. A kid of his age is a prime candidate for juvenile court.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

OP's son is 8 y/o - sounds like the other kid is the same age.  Pressing charges isn't going to go anywhere in this case.

What does age have to do with it? The punk attacked his son and it was witnessed by at least one adult. Pressing charges can initiate a juvenile record on the punk.

Minor is under 18 y/o - we're talking about an 8 y/o ( I think) that more than likely the courts will say isn't capable of forming intent in a case like this.  I can't think of a case where an 8 y/o was criminally charged around here.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 12:53:27 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where is First 48 filmed?
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 12:54:05 AM EDT
[#29]
Squeaky wheel gets the grease.  Express your concerns at the next school board meeting.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 12:58:57 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Minor is under 18 y/o - we're talking about an 8 y/o ( I think) that more than likely the courts will say isn't capable of forming intent in a case like this.  I can't think of a case where an 8 y/o was criminally charged around here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Once again, you don't have a clue as to what you're talking about. Here's a simple exercise. Do a Google search for "8 year old charged". See what comes up. You may find that 8 year olds get prosecuted in juvenile court regularly.

Link Posted: 12/6/2016 1:00:08 AM EDT
[#31]
OP short term, get some focus mitts and get your kid some gloves. Every afternoon practice combinations with him. It will get him comfortable throwing and dodging punches and it will happen quickly. Do it every afternoon. Just that little bit is probably enough for him to beat that kids ass.

The upside is that it's a lot of fun for both you and him. It's good father son time. Trust me.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 1:00:10 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Only hoodrats and faggots care about men's shoes.
View Quote

Met a guy in the army that used to talk about shoes nonstop.  White, from the New England area.  He owned like 400 pairs of shoes and collected them.

I told him talking about shit like that would get you beat up where I came from.  He could not fathom such an idea
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 1:00:37 AM EDT
[#33]
Tell junior to press his thumbs into daquanell's eyeballs until he can't press any further
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 1:03:28 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Violence is not the answer.  Is eye gouging by minors illegal?  Well, he definitely should not do that.
View Quote

Cause that worked out so well for the ghetto Jews...

Txl
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 1:06:26 AM EDT
[#35]
When I was in Junior High, there was crap talking about kids not having Starter jackets.  However, I don't remember anyone catching a beating because of it.  What the hell kind of 8 year old punches another kid in the back of the head and then beats him while he's on the ground?  That kid learned that somewhere.  I'll bet his home life is wonderful.  Sounds like that kid needs some serious intervention.

I don't remember fights between 8 year Olds being anything more than glorified wrestling matches.  My first real fight was in 6th grade and there may have been one or two punches landed, but it was really just wrestling.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 1:10:38 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Where is First 48 filmed?
View Quote

Way to many of them filmed in Dallas, mostly around Oak Cliff

Link Posted: 12/6/2016 1:11:18 AM EDT
[#37]
My simplified observations:

Your son needs to fight for himself.
Your daughter needs to learn how to fight for herself and others.
You need to fight for your son now, not next time.
The school isn't going to fight for anyone.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 1:14:02 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
That other kids dad is going to be so angry when he finds out about this.
View Quote

All the bullies that I had to deal with at school all came from broken homes.
Probably a pattern here, maybe the kid needs some sort of therapy to get over his anger.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 1:16:37 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Home School.

PERIOD.
View Quote
this
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 1:18:51 AM EDT
[#40]
They need a "Rush Revere and the Derbyshire Rules" book.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 1:23:39 AM EDT
[#41]
Reminds me of the rich preppy kids I went to grade school with.

Link Posted: 12/6/2016 1:26:55 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Wait until De-Von's dad finds out about what his son did...
View Quote

Not sure if serious....
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 1:27:42 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Get your son into baseball.
Attachment Attached File
IDTguw-oTp0</iframe>
View Quote
Wow, that was a brutal hit.  But I can think back of so many deserving kids in school.  If it's not shoes, it can be anything under the sun, because bullies will do what they do, whether in good schools or bad.

But as others have said, OP, self defense training is the answer.  What kind is a whole topic of discussion.  But whatever you choose, it's the kind of thing that he'll never regret in life.  OTOH, I regret NOT having done that as a child.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 1:28:14 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Yep.

Pretty sure this will be a common response.

View Quote

Yep. 

Hopefully the teachers & principal will actually do something about it, even though "De'von" is so rich and vibrant - and hence their programmed 'fear' of any action that could be "misconstrued" as a "violation" of political correctness...
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 1:30:13 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Man, this is exactly the kind of shit that is the reason why people are so afraid to do anything to help themselves. What the fuck is wrong with you?
View Quote

Hate the game, not the players.

This is how the world works.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 1:32:27 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

This is awesome and sadly the best choice for OP.

Good luck.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why wait?  Press charges now.  My kid was attacked in middle school.  Had I not raised hell the attacker would not have been suspended either.  I also went to the police station and we filed assault charges.  That involved some time off work to go to several juvenile court hearings, but we set out to give that asshole a record and we succeeded.

Good luck.

Not awesome and probably the saddest post in this thread.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 1:34:05 AM EDT
[#47]
Krav maga.

Link Posted: 12/6/2016 1:35:40 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why wait?  Press charges now.  My kid was attacked in middle school.  Had I not raised hell the attacker would not have been suspended either.  I also went to the police station and we filed assault charges.  That involved some time off work to go to several juvenile court hearings, but we set out to give that asshole a record and we succeeded.

Good luck.

Painful, but necessary.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 1:46:23 AM EDT
[#49]
Doesn't matter if it's Devon bitching about uncool shoes or johnny says your boy sucks at football after dropping a pass. Fights can occur for little/no reason. Don't blame DeVon because your son is weak.

Teach your kid to stand up for himself.

You guys want to press charges on an 8year old? Do you not remember schoolyard fights and attacks? I went to private school and that shit still happened. Y'all are fucking nuts

Link Posted: 12/6/2016 1:53:53 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Wow, that was a brutal hit.  But I can think back of so many deserving kids in school.  If it's not shoes, it can be anything under the sun, because bullies will do what they do, whether in good schools or bad.

But as others have said, OP, self defense training is the answer.  What kind is a whole topic of discussion.  But whatever you choose, it's the kind of thing that he'll never regret in life.  OTOH, I regret NOT having done that as a child.
View Quote

Yep, some of us had to learn these things on our own...and it's a steep learning curve. Where I went to school you either learned how to fight quickly or you regularly got your ass beat. It's sad, but this was the way 20 years ago, and i'd imagine it's only gotten a lot worse now days.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top