BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 1:22:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When you start finding CCI mini mags and stingers on the shelf, let me know.
View Quote

Ive been able to buy how ever many cci I want from this one walmart at anytime, they have stingers also.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 1:35:11 AM EDT
[#2]
I havent purchased or shot .22 in years. I'm on to better plinking rounds. Just picked up 1k/rnds. worth of 338LM components.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 2:50:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Still working off 550 round boxes marked $9.96. It'll be a while before I buy regular 22. Now higher end subsonic stuff...that's a little different.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 2:57:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 3:22:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yup, the CA ammo panic is looming.
View Quote

I keep telling people that we're going to see regional shortages real soon as companies start moving inventory into and near CA to take advantage of the upcoming panic.
Now is the time to stock up or start getting serious about reloading.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 3:35:47 AM EDT
[#6]
My WM has the first 22LR I've seen there in nearly 4 years. It's Winchester M22, 1000 rds for $58. I'm glad they have it, but I don't see them selling a lot of that around here, maybe I'm wrong.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 4:05:08 AM EDT
[#7]
I haven't seen 22 rimfire in my local walmart for years...granted, I only go in a few times a year now, but overtime i do there is no 22.  I've been there at different times as well and often before the reported times that the neck beards will show up.

I had a decent stash of 22 before the shortage, but didn't want it depleted so would replenish it periodically.  i hated paying the higher prices, but i also wanted to keep shooting on a regular basis and 22 rimfire is the "easiest" for me to shoot as I can just walk out my back door and shoot suppressed.

If prices do crash, I will be buying a ton of it in different flavors.  

Link Posted: 12/6/2016 4:22:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Watch it happen, I am tracking this with no small amount of joy and amusement, and still not buying until I see sub-.04 cents a round.

Wally world has steadily had .22 for months now for just over 5 cents a round, really don't understand why anyone would pay more, but others are falling, Cabela's had bricks with no limit the other day for 6 cents a round. So now I am going to track the massive crash of .22 prices.

View Quote

Because some people don't just buy the cheapest garbage they can find, and prefer ammo that shoots well.  CCI SV and minimags are the cheapest I buy, and they will never be 4 or 5 cents per round.  They were 7 cents, 10 years ago.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 4:25:04 AM EDT
[#9]
You know what's even better than the return of .22 ?

Varget is available now.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 5:58:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Varget is available now.
View Quote

We've had plenty of it locally, as long as you want to pay $250/8lb jug...
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 6:27:37 AM EDT
[#11]
No 22lr, or mag at WM around me. They never ran out of 17hmr though.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 6:41:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Central Florida.  Some 22.  Prices have done down but still quite high.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 8:19:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Central Florida.  Some 22.  Prices have done down but still quite high.
View Quote

No rimfire ammo yet in Tallahassee.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 11:55:36 AM EDT
[#14]
CDNN Ad today.  It's crappy ammo, but still they're just giving it away.

Link Posted: 12/6/2016 12:01:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Hope your right. Be been refusing to buy on principle.
View Quote

This.  Black Friday pricing on ammo was higher than pricing a few months ago.  I am letting retailers sit on their pre-election orders for another few months before I even think of buying.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 12:07:24 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm well stocked and I can wait.  There are equal odds that ammo will go up in price over the next few years.  It all depends on what Trump does.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 5:15:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I need to check my local Walmarts. I've been wanting to buy a .22, but have been putting it off because I figured it was still scarce.
View Quote

10/22's are awesome, but might I humbly recommend my favorite? Henry .22 lever-action, funnest rifle I own.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 5:19:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Because some people don't just buy the cheapest garbage they can find, and prefer ammo that shoots well.  CCI SV and minimags are the cheapest I buy, and they will never be 4 or 5 cents per round.  They were 7 cents, 10 years ago.
View Quote

Yeah and some of us buy quality rifles that aren't picky about ammo and shoot everything well.  And 10 years ago doesn't mean squat, I remember when it was MUCH cheaper, and people who say something is never gonna happen are almost always wrong.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 5:22:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 5:32:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/3bfPjDP.jpg
View Quote

Remington Thunderbolt , in my experience, is pretty good bulk .22lr ammo.. Golden bullets on the other hand...  
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 5:43:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Tarentum PA Wallys

At least thirty sleeves of Mini Mags, two types of CCI WMR and Winchester 30gr.  A Max WMR this afternoon.

A few of the CCI Standard 50rd Christmas sleeves too

I didn't touch a bit of it

Ask about the 32 boxes of ZQ1 7.62 that inventory shows that they are unable to find to while your at it.
Fat assed female manager couldn't find it in the front of the security cage and wasn't going to go digging for it.

Maybe promise her a trip to Phoenix or something and that'll motivate her  to do her job.

Your welcome
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 5:59:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Still will be about a year before we really see it crash back to pre-FBHO panic days.

Can't wait for the neckbeards tears since they have been fucking rimfire shooters for years.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 6:07:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Wally world has steadily had .22 for months now for just over 5 cents a round, really don't understand why anyone would pay more

I stop in Wally twice a month on average, always walk through the ammo aisle, seen .22  - 3 or 4 times (PNW) since Sandy.
View Quote

I hardly ever check, but I've never seen it since the day after Sandy (I had just bought a new .22 at the time so that next day I went out to pick up a couple boxes).
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 6:13:16 PM EDT
[#24]
I haven't seen .22lr at Wal-mart for years (or today either.)

But all my other go to places have had it in stock regularly for quite a while.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 6:24:52 PM EDT
[#25]
I picked up a brick of CCI standard velocity for 8 cents a round a few weeks ago at Academy.  They had a decent selection at that time.  I hadn't seen CCI standard velocity for the previous 3 years.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 6:26:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

this.

I will absolutely refuse to buy shitty .22 ammo. I buy the hell out of federal bulk 550 .22 ammo... but from my experience its awesome ammo, almost never have a misfire/ dud, and it shoots really well in my guns..... federal bulk, and cci are my main .22 ammo choices. I like fed bulk, velocitors, cci standard, stingers and minimags.  bulk is for dirt shooting, and target practice, standard for suppressor use, and cci stuff for hunting.  I'm considering buying some segmented subsonic, buy id much rather be able to get them in standard ( 1000fps, than 750 fps subs ).

I absolutely refuse to buy golden bullets, and other bottom of the barrel shitty .22 ammo.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 6:45:46 PM EDT
[#27]
I'm just glad I got in on the CMP deal of 5000 rd sealed cases pre sandy hook

I have 15k rounds left..
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 8:17:08 PM EDT
[#28]
I'll get excited if it gets to $.04 per.

Edited, because math and relationship " why don't you want me like you used to?" talk doesn't mix.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 8:26:38 PM EDT
[#29]
I can reload 9mm for under 10 cents a round.  Haven't shot .22 in a couple of years.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 8:56:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Letting you know.

Link Posted: 12/6/2016 9:02:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

this.

I will absolutely refuse to buy shitty .22 ammo. I buy the hell out of federal bulk 550 .22 ammo... but from my experience its awesome ammo, almost never have a misfire/ dud, and it shoots really well in my guns..... federal bulk, and cci are my main .22 ammo choices. I like fed bulk, velocitors, cci standard, stingers and minimags.  bulk is for dirt shooting, and target practice, standard for suppressor use, and cci stuff for hunting.  I'm considering buying some segmented subsonic, buy id much rather be able to get them in standard ( 1000fps, than 750 fps subs ).

I absolutely refuse to buy golden bullets, and other bottom of the barrel shitty .22 ammo.
View Quote

My Segmented HPs are 1050fps.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 9:12:30 PM EDT
[#32]
I'll believe 22LR will drop to normal levels..when the sun burns out and we all freeze to death as a result.
Until then...neckbearded fucktardedness will continue to win the day.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 9:44:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Yeah and some of us buy quality rifles that aren't picky about ammo and shoot everything well.  And 10 years ago doesn't mean squat, I remember when it was MUCH cheaper, and people who say something is never gonna happen are almost always wrong.
View Quote

I will never have sex with Milla Javovich.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 9:53:21 PM EDT
[#34]

sweet ! ill have to start looking for those as well !!
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 9:53:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I'll believe 22LR will drop to normal levels..when the sun burns out and we all freeze to death as a result.
Until then...neckbearded fucktardedness will continue to win the day.
View Quote

Almost exactly a year and a half ago I bought Wnchester 36gr HV for $.0495/per at the local Walmart. It was in the 222 round boxes. Bought three boxes. Sold one for the $35, kept one, and gave one to my best friend's kids for squirrel and rabbit hunting. Just wish I'd bought a lot more because I basically got paid to shoot it. I would have but couldn't get my friend on the phone to see if he wanted me to buy some extra for him. I would have bought 15 boxes, sold 2 to the same guy but for $25 each, gave my friend his three at cost, and kept 10. I'd have had $81.88 in 10 boxes, so $.0368/each, or $36.80/1000.

Edited because, math
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 9:54:46 PM EDT
[#36]
In this thread we see the alarmingly high number of people who don't understand how decimal points work
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 10:05:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Actually, I've seen CCI Mini-Mags on the shelf at Walmart both of the last 2 weekends.  

One had a 3 box limit sign but the sales guy didn't seem to care.  The other one didn't have the sign up any more.

I don't recall what the exact price was but 3 boxes of 100 came to $25 something with tax.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 10:05:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

sweet ! ill have to start looking for those as well !!
View Quote

Just checked the website.

Yours are the Quiet Segmented. Mine are Subsonic Segmented.

I actually thought you made a mistake in thinking they were 7000fps....

Turns out, with the segmented hp you have:

32gr at 1640fps
40gr at 1050fps
40gr at 710fps

Didn't know about the 710 or 1640 loadings myself.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 10:13:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Still no .22LR ammo at the walmarts around here. They did have .22 shorts and .22 WMR the other day.
View Quote

Would love to find WMR in quantity. At Wal mart last week, they would only sell one per transaction.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 10:20:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
In this thread we see the alarmingly high number of people who don't understand how decimal points work
View Quote

"Do you agree that there is a difference between cents and dollars?"
"Yes."
"Do you therefore agree there is a difference between point oh oh two cents, and point oh oh two dollars?"
"....   ....   ..... No."

Tomorrow is the tenth anniversary.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 10:21:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Either that or they are getting REALLY good prices
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 10:43:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

This.  The only bulk stuff I like is Blazer.  Impossible to find around here so I'm clinging to my four bricks for dear life.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 10:50:15 PM EDT
[#43]
ammoseek.com
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 10:50:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

This.  The only bulk stuff I like is Blazer.  Impossible to find around here so I'm clinging to my four bricks for dear life.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have still have a bunch of bulk blazer. Forgot I had bought it years ago. I buy Federal Auto Match anytime it's $0.08per round or less. All my rifles love it.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 11:01:10 PM EDT
[#45]
oh dang, I wasn't paying attention. I have several conversations going with texts, one an emotional woman, yeah, I'm the goof.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 11:37:20 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I can reload 9mm for under 10 cents a round.  Haven't shot .22 in a couple of years.
View Quote

This equation changes when you have a .22 can.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 11:42:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Bass Pro in Memphis has it 325 rounds for 19.95, any amount....
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 11:42:04 PM EDT
[#48]
I've been predicting the Great .22 Glut of 2017 since the election.  .03 here we come.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 1:30:43 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I've been predicting the Great .22 Glut of 2017 since the election.  .03 here we come.
View Quote

Good thing my place has a slab foundation, because of prices get that low I am going to by a truck load or two.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 1:33:09 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/3bfPjDP.jpg
View Quote

They're also selling Federal 325 packs for $10+ than many other places.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top