Quoted:

something something the brass off a fifth wheel

Doesn't have the same staying power as chrome off a trailer hitch
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/5/2016 10:11:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I knew it wasn't a fifth wheel but I'm a little unfamiliar with a normal hitch in the middle of the bed.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gooseneck hitch anyhow

No trailer yet

I knew it wasn't a fifth wheel but I'm a little unfamiliar with a normal hitch in the middle of the bed.

Stick with me, I'll learn ya
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 10:11:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I really like my Audiotechnica M40x's
With aftermarket angled memory foam leather covered pads.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 10:11:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Oh and hey Vern
View Quote

Yes??????
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 10:14:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Amazon Product
  • Cutting-edge engineering and robust construction
  • 40 mm drivers with rare earth magnets and copper-clad aluminum wire voice coils
  • Circumaural design contours around the ears for excellent sound isolation in loud environments

Amazon Product
  • Replacement earpads made with made with high quality memory foam.
  • Comfortable and fits many oval cup designed headphones.
  • Angled design for greater comfort and sound quality.

Amazon Product
  • Replacement Audio upgrade Cable For Audio Technica ATH-M50x ATH-M40x Headphones
  • length:1.2m(3.9ft)
  • Cable Diameter : 4mm,cable material:the inside cable is OFC wire

Link Posted: 12/5/2016 10:20:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

My absolute favorite headphones are my Sennheiser HD595s. They've been discontinued for several years, but you can find new old stock in the ~$150 range, which makes them just an incredible value.

Many 8 years ago I got into a headphones arms race with a coworker. I ended up with the HD595s, an Emu 0404 DAC, and a Little Dot mk III tube amp. All in, about $600. Then he spent $1200 on a pair of headphones, and I bowed out. I listened to his setup and could detect marginal improvements over mine, but not $2000 worth of improvements. There's a local maxima on the cost-value curve, and I think I absolutely hit it with my setup.

It's the same way I approach Scotch. Glenmorangie 10 year is about $40 depending on where you live and how popular it is. Are there better Scotches? Certainly. Are there better Scotches in the price range? Hell no. To hit the next local maxima you're going to be paying $200 a bottle, and beyond that the next maxima is around $400.

But back to the headphones: the HD595 has a fantastic dynamic range and they are by a wide margin the most comfortable headphones I've ever worn. I can wear them for an entire 8 hour work day and not feel fatigue either from the physical discomfort of having something clamped to my head (they're incredibly lightweight and the padding is superb) nor aural discomfort (they're incredibly well balanced cans and have good response beyond the upper and lower limits of my hearing ability). The only two downsides: they're open headphones, so they "leak" - people around you will be able to hear, at a reduced volume, whatever you're listening to; and they're not the most structurally sound design. Mine has several deep cracks which have been caused by me throwing them in a backpack without a case, and one day there will be a split which will rend them in twain.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 10:20:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yes??????
View Quote

Just hey.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 10:21:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Just hey.
View Quote

Oh

Hi Phurbs!!!

Link Posted: 12/5/2016 10:22:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I don't think I'll try any of his advice.
View Quote

R U A WIZZERD????
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 10:22:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Oh and now playing: Dio - Dream Evil. 1987 pressing.

When I bought this batch of records, I was kind of pissed at the price - they were $15~$19 each. But now that I'm listening to them (6 years later) the quality is superb. These records are incredibly clean. Barely any dust pops, and no scratches.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 10:23:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Oh

Hi Phurbs!!!

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/5/2016 10:24:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

R U A WIZZERD????
View Quote

Maybe, but I am for sure.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 10:28:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Dammit I just typed out a paragraph...
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 10:28:13 PM EDT
[#15]
It gone...
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 10:28:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Oh and now playing: Dio - Dream Evil. 1987 pressing.

When I bought this batch of records, I was kind of pissed at the price - they were $15~$19 each. But now that I'm listening to them (6 years later) the quality is superb. These records are incredibly clean. Barely any dust pops, and no scratches.
View Quote
Ronnie James Dio was a cool guy to meet at the Seville Diner on a Saturday night in East Brunswick, NJ in... 1993.. iirc.  Pull up to the diner after bowling at about midnite or so, there's a big fancy bus in the parking lot, and a table full of guiys in leather and big hair in the booth in the back/left area of the diner.  They were really cool, some in our group took pics, got autographs, etc.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 10:28:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

My absolute favorite headphones are my Sennheiser HD595s. They've been discontinued for several years, but you can find new old stock in the ~$150 range, which makes them just an incredible value.
snip.
View Quote

These ear pads make SO much difference. I did the research though and these are supposed to be better than their successors, the M50x's.
And also found out they're probably the best $100 headphones out there. I got them new for 89 I think, the price is there to see.
But the comfort level these pads add, plus they almost completely eliminate sound bleed in both directions and I took out the foam pads so it makes the highs slightly higher.
That and these completely encompass the ear and open up to the whole driver when the stock ones did not and would quickly become uncomfortable.
I can wear these all day long.

(Found it)
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 10:28:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh

Hi Phurbs!!!

Link Posted: 12/5/2016 10:29:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 10:29:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Many 8 years ago I got into a headphones arms race with a coworker. I ended up with the HD595s, an Emu 0404 DAC, and a Little Dot mk III tube amp. All in, about $600. Then he spent $1200 on a pair of headphones, and I bowed out. I listened to his setup and could detect marginal improvements over mine, but not $2000 worth of improvements. There's a local maxima on the cost-value curve, and I think I absolutely hit it with my setup.

It's the same way I approach Scotch. Glenmorangie 10 year is about $40 depending on where you live and how popular it is. Are there better Scotches? Certainly. Are there better Scotches in the price range? Hell no. To hit the next local maxima you're going to be paying $200 a bottle, and beyond that the next maxima is around $400.

But back to the headphones: the HD595 has a fantastic dynamic range and they are by a wide margin the most comfortable headphones I've ever worn. I can wear them for an entire 8 hour work day and not feel fatigue either from the physical discomfort of having something clamped to my head (they're incredibly lightweight and the padding is superb) nor aural discomfort (they're incredibly well balanced cans and have good response beyond the upper and lower limits of my hearing ability). The only two downsides: they're open headphones, so they "leak" - people around you will be able to hear, at a reduced volume, whatever you're listening to; and they're not the most structurally sound design. Mine has several deep cracks which have been caused by me throwing them in a backpack without a case, and one day there will be a split which will rend them in twain.
View Quote

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 10:30:38 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm learning my way around quick load.  What a user-friendly piece of software.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 10:30:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Ronnie James Dio was a cool guy to meet at the Seville Diner on a Saturday night in East Brunswick, NJ in... 1993.. iirc.  Pull up to the diner after bowling at about midnite or so, there's a big fancy bus in the parking lot, and a table full of guiys in leather and big hair in the booth in the back/left area of the diner.  They were really cool, some in our group took pics, got autographs, etc.
View Quote

I heard that RJD was an amazingly cool person. When he died I happened to have a rental car with Sirius and for days the metal station was playing interviews with people who were good friends with him down to people who just had chance encounters, and they all told the same story about what a great guy he was.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 10:31:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Dammit man you need a vehicle, don't buy albums.
Or anything else for that matter.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 10:32:44 PM EDT
[#24]
$20 is $20
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 10:33:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
View Quote

Yes, I also have Tinnitus. I was born with it, and then when I was 16 I was running the projectors at a church when the guy running the light board decided it would be hilarious to pipe feedback into my Telex headset, which caused me to hear nothing but a roar through my left ear for almost a week, and now I have 20% hearing loss in that ear. Fuck him.

Which is why I double up on earpro when I go shooting and always bring earplugs to concerts. My hearing is precious and I protect what I have left.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 10:33:37 PM EDT
[#26]
You are number 6
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 10:33:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Dammit man you need a vehicle, don't buy albums.
Or anything else for that matter.
View Quote

Say what? My truck is paid off.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 10:34:03 PM EDT
[#28]
I am not a number I am a free man!
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 10:34:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Say what? My truck is paid off.
View Quote

Me.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 10:34:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

R U A WIZZERD????

I THOWT U R DRAGGIN???
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 10:35:16 PM EDT
[#31]
And I need to buy it without payments.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 10:35:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
And I need to buy it without payments.
View Quote

Well, should.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 10:36:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh

Hi Phurbs!!!

Link Posted: 12/5/2016 10:43:33 PM EDT
[#34]
I think I want this

And it doesn't look messed up...
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 10:45:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I think I want this

View Quote

Best tech forum advise me.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 10:45:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I THOWT U R DRAGGIN???
View Quote

DRAGGINS R MAGICKAL
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 10:47:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Well, should.
View Quote

I bought my truck and got 1.4% APR. It would have been stoopid to not finance it.

Plus now I have 5 years of on-time payment history, which gave me a 744 FICA score which got me preapproved for way more than I want to spend on a house.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 10:48:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

If you are not a certified BMW mechanic, don't buy that.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 10:50:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I bought my truck and got 1.4% APR. It would have been stoopid to not finance it.

Plus now I have 5 years of on-time payment history, which gave me a 744 FICA score which got me preapproved for way more than I want to spend on a house.
View Quote

I can't even see my credit score. I think I'd need to go to the bank.

Credit Karma is bullshit.

I have been paying my cellphone bill for... 8 months.

I suppose it wouldn't hurt to mostly pay off a 1,200 dollar car and then make small payments. Or larger ones to get it done.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 10:50:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/5/2016 10:50:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

U have fifth wheel now?
View Quote

Thats just a gooseneck, fifth wheel is a big greasy fucker
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 10:50:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

If you are not a certified BMW mechanic, don't buy that.
View Quote

I don't understand why I can't work on that...
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 10:50:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I'm learning my way around quick load.  What a user-friendly piece of software.
View Quote

You want to learn Wrightsoft?
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 10:52:27 PM EDT
[#44]
There's also this 3 grand '95 Mustang

I shouldn't get that either because I'm not a registered Ford mechanic?
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 10:53:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Turtle beaches anyone?
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 10:53:09 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
There's also this 3 grand '95 Mustang

I shouldn't get that either because I'm not a registered Ford mechanic?
View Quote

I could probably talk them down 500 or more depending on the condition.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 10:53:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think I want this

DO EEEEEEEEET

You did say your budget was $7000, right?
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 10:53:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Turtle beaches anyone?
View Quote

Gaming headphones are shit.
So are Beats.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 10:54:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

DRAGGINS R MAGICKAL
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I THOWT U R DRAGGIN???

DRAGGINS R MAGICKAL

Well, something of yours is.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 10:54:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How goes it?  Getting ready for winter?
Page / 152
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top