Link Posted: 12/4/2016 3:32:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 3:33:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 3:34:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Red (bold?) with underline was the standard on the old version of the site, and I don't think I saw that abused much.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any thoughts from you guys? We had a dark blue for a bit, but it was hated. Adding an underline will just open it up for faking as well. Could do bold red underline and hope it's not a sore spot for trolling.

Red (bold?) with underline was the standard on the old version of the site, and I don't think I saw that abused much.

Yeah whatever it was before (I already forget ) seemed to work fine.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 3:34:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

people start new threads because they're attention whores.
View Quote

.....if that ain't the damned truth.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 3:34:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 3:34:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Yikes, "Report" is directly over "Next Page."

Although since Lifers can call other members shit stains and tell them to fuck off, I guess the Report button is irrelevant?
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 3:35:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 3:35:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Huge improvement! Thank you @GoatBoy

Here are the issues I'm still having:

Mobile, Chrome on Android (Samsung Galaxy Note 5):
1. YouTube videos are only showing the left half of the video. The right half is cut off, and I can't scroll to the right or zoom out.
2. Text is wrapping for the subforum descriptions, e.g. under Armory, New Products says:

Previews of New Guns and Gea
r!

Desktop, Chrome on Windows 10:
1. Drop-down menus instead of tabs are cumbersome.
2. "Select File" button being centered really makes it look like the Submit button now. Could the "Select File" and "Upload" be moved over to the left in line with the other buttons, then reverse the order of the buttons so "Submit" is on the right?

And a suggestion: Would it be possible to get Polls added when creating a new topic rather than having to edit it after posting it?
View Quote

NO Submit is right where it needs to be, now
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 3:35:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

How do you not love the sticky bar... that's just wrong.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Please add an option to kill '<!-- STICKY USER BAR -->' for desktops users, via 'forum preferences'.

I like it. I was just getting used to using it, but I'll probably use it less since you put the old menu bars back.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 3:36:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Although since Lifers can call other members shit stains and tell them to fuck off, I guess the Report button is irrelevant?
View Quote

You're missing another label.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 3:38:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

.....if that ain't the damned truth.
View Quote

Goatboy made this thread 24 minutes after mine.

Old man rustled Jimmies are the best rustled jimmies.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 3:38:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Goatboy,

can you also work your magic so that when i hover over a title in Active Topics, i get that couple sentence blurb appear, like i do in General Discussion?  helps me decide whether the topic is of interest, especially since titles the user puts in aren't always that descriptive.  helps tons in GD; would be nice in Active Topics.

thank you for all your hard work.  hope you get some sleep soon.

for the urination problem, have you considered a Stadium Pal  ?

Link Posted: 12/4/2016 3:38:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

I can also see myself hiting one of many Report buttons as I scroll down on my iPad.  Other than that, excellent progress!
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 3:38:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Looks a lot better, thanks!  

Can we please have the communities bar that you added to the bottom of every page also at the top of every page, like the tools bar is now?

On my laptop I'm using 80% zoom now and have the text in threads at an ok size, but now the text while typing this reply is tiny.  And text is different sizes in different parts of the forum.  Like text still looks bigger than I'd like when in a forum looking through all the thread titles, but too small when in a community looking at the forum titles.

I also much preferred having the feedback stat #s visible without having to mouse over the $.

Thanks
View Quote

I've been thinking about something, but I don't know how practical it is...

What if there was a communities bar like you describe, but instead of simple links, they become drop downs like the "Discussion Forums" thing is now? So, instead of clicking on "Armory," loading a page, and clicking on "Curios & Relics," you could simply hover over "Armory," and get "Curious & Relics" as a direct option. This would save a click, a load, and some scrolling.

The biggest problem I see with this is Hometown and Industry have too many subforums.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 3:39:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
So my avatar is good to go?

ETA: nope
View Quote

Easy fix.  I fixed mine.  
Somehow I can't figure out horizontal scrolling
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 3:40:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 3:40:59 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Please add an option to kill '<!-- STICKY USER BAR -->' for desktops users, via 'forum preferences'.

...and this is why I think you created a mobile site, and then modified it to work on desktops

I have never, ever... needed the readily available options to check my mail, logout, adjust my preferences, upgrade my membership,build a gun or other things....  while I am in the middle of reading a thread.

I have those options at the top of the page... and now, when I reach the bottom... if I still want to do any of those things - I have an arrow that will take me there.

I'm not saying kill it - just give me the option of not having it  

EDIT: Also, as an aside - F5 iRules are pretty handy for platform detection and direction to the proper VIP and portal
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 3:41:18 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Any thoughts from you guys? We had a dark blue for a bit, but it was hated. Adding an underline will just open it up for faking as well. Could do bold red underline and hope it's not a sore spot for trolling.
View Quote

It doesn't matter what you do with it, you're going to get hate mail.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 3:41:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Horizontal mobile phone format still takes up too much space. Can the user avatar be made to fit on the same line as the user info bar? 

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 3:42:05 AM EDT
[#20]
A suggestion.

Instead of having a colored star next to a paying members join date, use a colored BFL logo.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 3:42:05 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I'll find a solution for everyone. This was just to make sure it looked ok and was accepted.

Wait until we turn on user notes. That's another thing to cram in somewhere!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But I don't have a mouse on my phone. Best I've got is this if I hold down. 
http://AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/300501/IMG-1024-99414.JPG

I'll find a solution for everyone. This was just to make sure it looked ok and was accepted.

Wait until we turn on user notes. That's another thing to cram in somewhere!

Im sure you'll figure it out. And if not we'll let you know. 
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 3:42:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 3:42:28 AM EDT
[#23]
Better than it was! 

But still a shit sammich!!

hey!

look at that! Motherfukin emojis....

yesss

Link Posted: 12/4/2016 3:42:49 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

It was directly next to "Quote" before he updated it, and it was in the visual space "Quote" occupied in the old version of the site.

Aligning the "Report" button to the right was the simplest way to deconflict it with "Quote."
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 3:44:01 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Just because you have 2 icons, does not mean more wont be available soon!

One of the new "features" allows us to reward people for anything. I'll give you an example that will go live soon (after site is fixed up for everyone!), we want to improve our gun pr0n on instagram, so we will be creating an instagram badge for anyone who lets us share their photo and gets selected to be shared. The more photos we use from the same individual, the icon will gain in prominence. The goal is to be able to share with the firearm community while at the same time rewarding people here for just doing what they love.
View Quote

Does this mean our user info fields are going to look like this?:

Link Posted: 12/4/2016 3:44:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 3:44:33 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

It was directly next to "Quote" before he updated it, and it was in the visual space "Quote" occupied in the old version of the site.

Aligning the "Report" button to the right was the simplest way to deconflict it with "Quote."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Understood, but it moved from a shitty location to a shitty location.

Oh well, as long as bigsapper can call us shit stains, shit birds, and tell us to fuck off, the Report button is wasted space anyway. Might as well get rid of the thing.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 3:46:17 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 3:47:13 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Possibly.

Ok off to bed for realz this time. Night all! Please try to wish a little less hate my way tonight. I was visited by demons the past two nights who wanted my soul. I was lucky enough to send them over to see the Clintons. They were higher on their list.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://blogs.r.ftdata.co.uk/photo-diary/files/2013/07/PB1945819.jpg

Possibly.

Ok off to bed for realz this time. Night all! Please try to wish a little less hate my way tonight. I was visited by demons the past two nights who wanted my soul. I was lucky enough to send them over to see the Clintons. They were higher on their list.

Link Posted: 12/4/2016 3:47:31 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just because you have 2 icons, does not mean more wont be available soon!

One of the new "features" allows us to reward people for anything. I'll give you an example that will go live soon (after site is fixed up for everyone!), we want to improve our gun pr0n on instagram, so we will be creating an instagram badge for anyone who lets us share their photo and gets selected to be shared. The more photos we use from the same individual, the icon will gain in prominence. The goal is to be able to share with the firearm community while at the same time rewarding people here for just doing what they love.

I was thinking the same thing.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 3:48:12 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Yeah whatever it was before (I already forget ) seemed to work fine.
View Quote

It was that.

I still have 5 tabs of the old version of the site open and un-refreshed that I've been using for comparison.

I like the familiarity of it, but that's about it. Even in the first hour the new version was up, I could see big improvements. The adjustments GoatBoy has been making are just making it that much better, even if some do borrow from the old site's qualities a bit.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 3:50:21 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
A suggestion.

Instead of having a colored star next to a paying members join date, use a colored BFL logo.
View Quote

BFL logos are for Site Staff.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 3:51:54 AM EDT
[#33]
I'm seeing tabs for the various main forums at the bottom of the page, but not at the top. They sure would be nice at the top.

I keep clicking "Select File" instead of "Submit."
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 3:52:21 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

BFL logos are for Site Staff.
View Quote

Non paying members have them, so it would be more consistent.  
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 3:53:11 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Ok I'm off to bed. I'm caught up and no errors popping up since the wonderful redirect issue.

Good night all, more updates and fixes tomorrow!

Oh and go watch the new Trailer for Guardians of the Galaxy 2 if you haven't seen it yet!

Attachment Attached File
dW1BIid8Osg</iframe>
View Quote

Still looks messed up in mobile view. And I can't scroll over to view the rest of your text. 

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 3:54:45 AM EDT
[#36]
Reply and New Topic are right next to each other. We'll see some topics that were meant to be replies for sure.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 3:55:28 AM EDT
[#37]
Looking much better!

Thanks GB!
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 3:58:30 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Reply and New Topic are right next to each other. We'll see some topics that were meant to be replies for sure.
View Quote

Reply and New Topic were always right next to each other.

Link Posted: 12/4/2016 4:00:06 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
A suggestion.

View Quote

Now, that would be pretty cool.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 4:00:09 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I'm seeing tabs for the various main forums at the bottom of the page, but not at the top. They sure would be nice at the top.

I keep clicking "Select File" instead of "Submit."
View Quote

I've done a few double takes with this myself.

Maybe make the Submit button green?
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 4:01:46 AM EDT
[#41]
Thanks for adding EE to the newest listings
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 4:02:19 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, but they had an outline before, right? They were easier to distinguish before. This might be a "just takes time to get used to it" sort of thing, not too big of an issue.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 4:04:28 AM EDT
[#43]
The extra small and small font options do not work in mobile vertical format. It does not change the size. Also several threads now have the post pushed to the right when viewing in vertical mode. 
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 4:04:55 AM EDT
[#44]
Attachment Attached File

This is still an issue.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 4:06:16 AM EDT
[#45]

Damn it's taking forever for my new avatar to kick in.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 4:06:25 AM EDT
[#46]
Sometimes the thread title isn't listed in my tabs.

See above.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 4:08:33 AM EDT
[#47]
And the green 'last read' arrow is still a little wonky.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 4:08:58 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Damn it's taking forever for my new avatar to kick in.
View Quote

Its visible now when viewing from my laptop. Took that from my phone (S6 + Chrome, horizontal mode) and never visited the page before on my phone. 

ETA:
Goatboy, cleared everything and it still persists. 
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 4:09:28 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Yeah, but they had an outline before, right? They were easier to distinguish before. This might be a "just takes time to get used to it" sort of thing, not too big of an issue.
View Quote

On the old site, they were the sort of old school links that had shading/effects to look almost like physical buttons. So, they did have a sort of outline.

On this version, the outline is subdued (at least in the color scheme I'm using), but the nice twist is that the links actually react when you hover over them (they didn't in the old version).
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 4:10:57 AM EDT
[#50]
Is it possible to get the filter option for "Newest Topics" to lock in/remember your filter option so you don't have to select the filter option every time you click "Newest Topics"?
Page / 39
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top