Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 39
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 1:26:37 AM EDT
[#1]
I had a bit of support on the other thread and have not seen it addressed but, Would it be better to have the menu bar
B I .....on the bottom of the reply box?
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 1:36:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If I'm on my phone, how do I switch to the mobile view instead of the full site? There used to be a mobile option in the old menus
View Quote

Go to the very bottom of the page and in very hard to read light gray lettering   it will say mobile site view.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 1:37:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 1:40:50 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a suggestion for the feedback display:

0/0
87/0
69/1

the percentage isn't terribly useful anyway
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 1:42:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 1:42:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 1:46:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

It is slower, we are working on that as we fix bugs and will be dedicated to this once we are through major issues.
View Quote

Huge improvements since the launch, greatly appreciated
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 1:47:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 1:48:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Getting better on an iPhone... no more line breaks in weird places.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 1:49:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 1:51:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Something is fucky with My EE Listings (500 zombies).  Also the EE feedback is not working.  One buyer trying to leave feedback can't do so.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 1:51:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for fixing Hightlight author!
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 1:59:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Thanks for fixing Hightlight author!
View Quote

I really don't like the gray box thing. Can't it just be a slightly larger black font?

That box is obtrusive on mobile.

Otherwise I'm loving the new site.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 2:01:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Still playing with what can fit... new updates I'll go over in a minute. Hold phone sideways and I think you'll see the community, but not the forum.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
When looking at your Subscriptions list in "full view", there is a link to the forum that any given thread is in, for each thread in the list.  In mobile view, there isn't a link.  It's handy if I'm going through my Subscriptions and when I'm done, I can click on a forum link in my list.

Can that be added to mobile?

Still playing with what can fit... new updates I'll go over in a minute. Hold phone sideways and I think you'll see the community, but not the forum.

Thank you, good sir.  I can see the community now in landscape mode.  The actual subforum would be ideal, if possible.  If not, this works for me.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 2:03:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
When looking at your Subscriptions list in "full view", there is a link to the forum that any given thread is in, for each thread in the list.  In mobile view, there isn't a link.  It's handy if I'm going through my Subscriptions and when I'm done, I can click on a forum link in my list.

Can that be added to mobile?

Sounds good.

It has come a long way since the inital change, and for the better, so thanks for that.  I would hate to be you right now, trying to cater to so many requests and whatnot.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 2:09:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 2:11:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 2:12:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 2:15:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Good work Goatboy
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 2:24:13 AM EDT
[#20]
Possible to fix video quoting? Currently, quoting a post with an embedded youtube video puts some broken iframe code into the post, as opposed to the video url as it used to.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 2:25:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Which gray box? author one?
View Quote

Yes sir, the author is now highlighted in a largish gray box. At least on my android phone.

It's large and distracting. The first thing that draws my eye.

I know it's very recent since it happened while I was browsing here tonight.

Minor gripe at any rate.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 2:26:08 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

For you sir I will try to make it work, but it's hard to fit so much into small screens. You can use the full site if you want, it's a menu choice on the left hamburger list. (If you dont like, to return to mobile view the link is in the footer of the page since the hamburger is no longer available.)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you, good sir.  I can see the community now in landscape mode.  The actual subforum would be ideal, if possible.  If not, this works for me.

For you sir I will try to make it work, but it's hard to fit so much into small screens. You can use the full site if you want, it's a menu choice on the left hamburger list. (If you dont like, to return to mobile view the link is in the footer of the page since the hamburger is no longer available.)

If it works, great. If not, no problem.  The way it is now works fine for me.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 2:26:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 2:27:50 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 2:30:25 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 2:34:09 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 2:48:27 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Yes sir, the author is now highlighted in a largish gray box. At least on my android phone.

Minor gripe at any rate.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which gray box? author one?

Minor gripe at any rate.

Same on iPhone.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 4:23:44 AM EDT
[#28]
Since I'm not going to to dig through 16 pages of this thread or look up the countless other threads related to the update...

Was the "no GIF avatars in the new site" thing a hoax? Or was it put in before it was released because of all the bitching? Because I've noticed that GIF avatars seem alive and well.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 5:13:14 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Minor gripe at any rate.
View Quote

Yup. 

Looks bad. 
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 5:57:49 AM EDT
[#30]
I'm still having problems with the posts' grids being completely screwed-up.  They seem to be completely random.  Trying to find a pattern but still nothing.

Attachment Attached File

Another terrible UI is the position of the "report" button.  Its position near the "next page" and "unsubscribe" buttons already made me hit it by accident a few times.  Think about people using a tablet and fingers to touch and controls things.   Those three buttons became a cluster with them too close to each other.   Any way to spread them along that bar where they are now or put the "report" button somewhere else?

Attachment Attached File

These three buttons on the upper left are completely useless in my tablet.   They appear to be designed for hovering over with a mouse pointer and when I touch any of them they just blink the menu.  Therefore, rendering them completely useless.

Attachment Attached File

I still need to test the new website on my desktop.  I recall that the old one worked flawlessly both in my tablet and my desktop.  Now the user experience on the tablet declined quite a lot.  The site is more sluggish and seems to be running tons of scripts in the background like those clickbait websites.   Any way to cleanup what's going on in the background?

I appreciate that a lot of effort and probably money was put on this new site.  However, just by comparing both user experiences the old one was a lot better hands down.

ETA: It appears that the three screenshots I uploaded did not load. Only see little squares with crosses instead of the image.

Link Posted: 12/6/2016 6:22:31 AM EDT
[#31]
A couple more.  

The main menus require me to touch twice on each of the submenus' items for it to take me there.

Attachment Attached File

Large image files get cropped and if the text extends over it also gets truncated.  For the image files my workaround is touching them.  The website resizes the image and I can see the whole thing.  However, it does not work for the text.  Need a horizontal scroll bar.

Attachment Attached File

ETA: Image posting still broke.  It was working during the weekend.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 8:02:30 AM EDT
[#32]
Subscribe and report button really close to one another.
I think I just reported myself, subscribing to a thread.
Edit:
This is when there is only one page, more than one page threads seperates them.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 8:10:52 AM EDT
[#33]
Can a lock button be added to the edit screen so Op can lock their own threads?
That way OP can lock dupes or threads not going as planned without asking for mods.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 8:25:43 AM EDT
[#34]
Still randomly going in to Mobile, even after selecting full site.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 8:27:27 AM EDT
[#35]
still cant see videos and some pics on Chrome on a win10 pc , OP area is just grey like nothing was posted. so we really can only see 2 posts at a time? 
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 8:31:16 AM EDT
[#36]
Please bring back the old mobile side like we had before.

Navigating the mobile site on a cell phone was light years easier.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 8:43:45 AM EDT
[#37]

Don't know if it's been mentioned, but when I click the font color drop down, then click on the scroll bar to the right, it closes the window.  At least on my computer, running Chrome (current version.)
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 8:47:33 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Yup. 

Looks bad. 
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Minor gripe at any rate.

Yup. 

Looks bad. 

Looks like shit. - Android and iPad
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 8:56:57 AM EDT
[#39]
I'm not liking how the thread starters names are displayed on the mobile version. Very distracting. I liked it better when they weren't displayed at all.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 9:04:14 AM EDT
[#40]
Still too much wasted vertical space in threads.

Still can't turn off the stupid floating toolbar thing at the top.

Right click browser spellcheck doesn't work in the editor.

Subscription emails still not working.

Too many ads. What am I paying for again?
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 9:08:38 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I really don't like the gray box thing.
That box is obtrusive on mobile.
View Quote

Think I agree. I find it to be visually distracting on mobile.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 9:10:20 AM EDT
[#42]
The row of buttons with Active Topics, Newest Topics, etc. are great. Could we add 4 or 5 buttons that are customizable for the user to set up as links to their favorite forums?  I would love to click and go directly to the forums I read the most.

Thanks!

BTW, the new site looks great!
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 9:10:57 AM EDT
[#43]
When in EE why do you have to click on a persons name to see their transaction stats $ .
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 9:37:22 AM EDT
[#44]
@goatboy if you're hell bent on not displaying actual feedback numbers, can you please at least raise the threshold for the $s?

maxing out with $$$ when you have 30 feedback is ridiculous, how about 1-9 = $ 10-99 = $$ 100+ = $$$ ?

new link to post is cool, and the thread author display on moblie is fantastic
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 9:56:02 AM EDT
[#45]
The site looks much better aligned today @GoatBoy !

Thanks so much for all of your efforts.

Below is the only thing I am seeing now. It looks like everything lines up until the thread title hits the third line.

Buy this is a minor issue, and the site is looking much better today.

Thanks again!

Attachment Attached File

ETA: pic not uploading.

Attempt #2

Attachment Attached File

ETA #2: I guess pic upload isn't working for me at the moment.

Gave up. Here is a photobucket image.

Link Posted: 12/6/2016 9:56:43 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 10:04:29 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
BTW everyone, if you missed it. There's a gray LINK icon next to the posted date. That's for linking directly to that post!!!!
View Quote
that's pretty slick!
Perhaps, you could spell it out on desktop view, since there is a lot of space there?
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 10:05:46 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Can a lock button be added to the edit screen so Op can lock their own threads?
That way OP can lock dupes or threads not going as planned without asking for mods.
View Quote
that's kind of an interesting idea
don't let them unlock, though.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 10:09:34 AM EDT
[#49]
The last login date is missing under user information. Was it dropped intentionally, or accidentally, or am I just overlooking it?
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 10:12:30 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 39
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top