Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/3/2016 1:04:06 AM EDT
The Las Vegas shooting in 2014.

Las Vegas Shooting

Concealed Carrier Loses His Life Trying to Stop Mass Shooting

Link Posted: 12/3/2016 1:09:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Man he did not notice the woman with a big pistol right in front of him?  Tunnel vision to the max.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 1:12:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Man is still a Hero IMO.  Anyone willing to risk their life to save others is.  There never was a guarantee of success.

RIP
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 1:14:58 AM EDT
[#3]

I agree with the video.

First shot, I'd have gotten my ass out of there.

Link Posted: 12/3/2016 1:16:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Man is still a Hero IMO.  Anyone willing to risk their life to save others is.  There never was a guarantee of success.

RIP
View Quote

Fuckin A!  RIP
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 1:21:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Very sad trying to do a good thing
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 1:25:07 AM EDT
[#6]
My ass would be fleeing… If the threat is in my way of my exit, then I would engage. The police can deal with him otherwise.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 1:28:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

RIP
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/3/2016 1:32:29 AM EDT
[#8]

He was braver then 90% of the people on here who think they are badasses and would have taken them on.

That said he was very careless and oblivious to what else was going on.  Guy starts yelling and shooting, everyones fleeing, and the lady following acting normal doesn't raise suspicion?

Link Posted: 12/3/2016 1:33:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/3/2016 1:36:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

RIP
View Quote

Ironic that he may actually save lives of those learning from his action, especially as terrorism becomes more common.  I'd call him an unsung hero.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 1:38:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

He was braver then 90% of the people on here who think they are badasses and would have taken them on.

That said he was very careless and oblivious to what else was going on.  Guy starts yelling and shooting, everyones fleeing, and the lady following acting normal doesn't raise suspicion?
View Quote

I'd imagine it's very easy to get tunnel visioned in on the obvious "look at me" threat and subconsciously eliminate the normal looking woman from the situation.

Not going to bash him.  Just learn from his mistakes.

He died trying to help others.  He's a hero even if he failed.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 1:40:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I'd imagine it's very easy to get tunnel visioned in on the obvious "look at me" threat and subconsciously eliminate the normal looking woman from the situation.

View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 1:41:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Guy went down trying to do the right thing without thinking of himself. A hero
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 1:44:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

This.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Link Posted: 12/3/2016 1:47:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 1:49:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Don't forget the Tyler TX Courthouse shooting either.

Disgruntled Latino with an AK kills his family outside the courthouse where their custody hearing was scheduled, then opened up on the police. A guy fired on the perp with his 1911 but only struck Kevlar, and he was killed for his efforts.

Link Posted: 12/3/2016 1:51:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Fully agree.

I was living in Texas when I heard about the shooting, it was surreal. I used to shop at the Wal Mart in the mid 90's and early 00's.. it was a descent area at the time and has since gone down the crapper. CA is changing the landscape here
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 1:52:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Nope, I agree.  Like I said, he actually at least tried to do what most would have ran away from in fear.

Link Posted: 12/3/2016 2:10:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Video Footage: Police Ambushed at CiCi's Pizza and Walmart Shooting
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 2:11:32 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

RIP
View Quote

Exactly he is a hero... 1* applies here. He walked the walk without hesitation an paid the ultimate price while trying to save strangers. It takes a special person to run towards the sound of gunfire and I have respect for those that do for they are all the true heroes.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 2:17:45 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Don't forget the Tyler TX Courthouse shooting either.

Disgruntled Latino with an AK kills his family outside the courthouse where their custody hearing was scheduled, then opened up on the police. A guy fired on the perp with his 1911 but only struck Kevlar, and he was killed for his efforts.

View Quote

Mark Wilson.

He was a private citizen and firearms instructor (IIRC), and was friends with many of the cops in that town.

The city erected a commemorative plaque on the spot he died.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 2:22:03 AM EDT
[#22]
We discussed the incident in the OP video on here not long ago in another thread.

Terrible situation all around.

The CCW guy was brave and I cannot fault him considering he gave his life trying to protect others, but as always, situational awareness is the coin of the realm, and tactics are to "firepower" as ten is to one.

I chose my sig line for this very reason.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 2:35:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

RIP
View Quote

Amen.  He died a hero.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 2:43:50 AM EDT
[#24]
He fought the good fight.

Can't fault him.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 3:25:23 AM EDT
[#25]
I have respect for him.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 3:34:41 AM EDT
[#26]
He died with his boots on. 
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 3:49:23 AM EDT
[#27]
What is a "professor of defense against the black arts"?
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 4:00:47 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Guy went down trying to do the right thing without thinking of himself. A hero
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/3/2016 4:01:46 AM EDT
[#29]
You can see the oh fuck, I have to deal with this look when he sees them entering

He's a hero. Sucks she got him.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 4:18:14 AM EDT
[#30]
Good luck everybody else!
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 4:58:18 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

RIP
View Quote

This. Rest in peace,  sir.

Link Posted: 12/3/2016 5:30:36 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Man he did not notice the woman with a big pistol right in front of him?  Tunnel vision to the max.
View Quote

I think the kid noticed the guns as he and his parent were exiting the store and the two perps were walking in.  He was nearly eye level with their guns.   Video was ok but he might have addressed the importance of scanning, even while zeroing in on his target.  Yes, he had tunnel vision and it cost him.  But this is why training is so very important.  Day one at the range, it is drilled into us to always scan.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 5:33:37 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

He had the warrior mindset....he went immediately to the threat when others ran away from it.  He did in a split second what law enforcement trains endless hours to do.  He simply lacked the proper training to deal with multiple attackers.   His heart was that of a cop, soldier, defender.  No doubt.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 5:33:58 AM EDT
[#34]

Really wish there was a hell so these two could get pineapples shoved up their asses for the rest of time.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 5:34:16 AM EDT
[#35]
At least he did something, or tried to..

I can't say for sure what I would do.  I carry, but any firearms training i've had has been solely for self defense purposes and thats the primary reason I carry, for self defense.  

I think engaging an active shooter like that requires a different skill set than your average joe with a concealed handgun has.  

Link Posted: 12/3/2016 6:22:52 AM EDT
[#36]
I'm going to guess there is a video but it doesn't show up for me....still.  
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 8:57:16 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/3/2016 9:03:23 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 9:06:59 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
At least he did something, or tried to..

I can't say for sure what I would do.  I carry, but any firearms training i've had has been solely for self defense purposes and thats the primary reason I carry, for self defense.  

I think engaging an active shooter like that requires a different skill set than your average joe with a concealed handgun has.  

View Quote

Truth. I wouldn't even try. Plus, I think for someone married with kids your obligation is to protect them and live to be with your family not try to be a hero and save other people who don't accept the responsibility of carrying a firearm for their protection. You get you and your family out and wish everyone the best.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 9:07:55 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
http://www.reviewjournal.com/sites/default/files/field/media/web1_FB_Millers_wedding_0609_46.jpg

Really wish there was a hell so these two could get pineapples shoved up their asses for the rest of time.
View Quote

I suspect it's much worse than pineapple fisting.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 9:15:50 AM EDT
[#41]

I've been in a mugging situation where tunnel vision cost me a very serious injury. It's real, and you might think it won't happen to you, but.........
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 9:24:26 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

May his soul be resting at the right hand of God.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 9:27:08 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well said. 
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 9:30:39 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

RIP
View Quote

Concur.  He did more than what most of Arfcom would have done.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 9:31:15 AM EDT
[#45]
If only there was a way to watch these videos on mobile.   Hopefully someday the technology will be invented.    /Sarcasm for shit new site.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 9:31:29 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

RIP
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/3/2016 9:32:12 AM EDT
[#47]
Not sure if he could actually see it if he was looking.  

He was looking at one and the other got him from behind.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 9:38:57 AM EDT
[#48]
Still a hero.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 10:12:14 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Great point !!! We are studying Predictive Profiling as learned from the Israelis and this would be a clear example of this. Some people run from the fight and some run into it. What he did was right but he just lacked good training to go with his bravery.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 10:20:57 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
What is a "professor of defense against the black arts"?
View Quote

I wondered the same...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top