Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 12:53:01 AM EDT
[#1]
So really anyone who likes anything then. Got it haha. 
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 12:57:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can't believe I appear to be the first to say...   BEER SNOBS!
View Quote

Don't know many beer snobs who a loyal to a single main brand. If anything the people who aren't "beer snobs" are the ones who only drink one brand.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 1:06:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Telescope refractor snobs.  You would not believe.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 1:07:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Harley Davidson

I own one, but it's not as serious as some owners make it out to be.
View Quote

This.

I like the bikes but the complete fucking lifestyle/identity transformation I've seen some people go through after getting one is just
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 1:10:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Harley riders, people who fish with Ugly Sticks (ironically), and Hobie kayaks/boats.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 1:10:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Can we add PC gamers?
View Quote

QFT

How did I miss this?
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 2:25:21 AM EDT
[#7]
High end tool guy: you may need a multimeter to check an outlet and HETG recommends a $450 Fluke. Same with Snap-On, air compressors and also with a guy needing to weld up a couple pieces of bedframe and HETG recommends a 230v $2000 mig machine. Just need something around the house? Get the most expensive tool for the job, well worth it says HETG.

Chainsaw guy. You may be a homeowner looking to branch out a tree and chainsaw guy calls all homeowner saws crap, you need (insert pro orange brand) which may cost upwards of $600.

Klein Tools- if you are an electrician it is pounded into your brain that they are the best tool ever and always, always tell people they are the best. All you will recommend or ever use.

Link Posted: 12/3/2016 2:33:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Corvette/BMW/Porsche

Oh and these guys, too...

Quoted:
Harley, I have no logos of the brand of bikes I ride on any of my gear or other clothing.

Nor do I wear said gear to a motorcycle show in the middle of winter.
View Quote

I mean, chaps, dew rags, and leather + fringe? C'mon...
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 2:58:33 AM EDT
[#9]
In the circles I'm around and not counting the gun world:

#1 Musicians. It's pretty damn ridiculous sometimes. 
#2 Duck Hunters when it comes to the boats. The war between Pro-Drive owners and Gator Tail owners is epic and has come to blows on levee's at 4 am. Go Devil and Mud Buddy owners get laughed at by both. All others don't exist in their eyes. A lot of the stupid bastards will spend thousands of dollars to gain 2-3 MPH. Some even go so far as to start talking in TENTHS of MPH when talking about the speed of their boats. The best part, they're all slow as fuck. On a good day in good conditions mine will hit 30 mph stock. Those idiots spend all that money and get up to 33-35 mph. They stress the shit out of what amounts to a lawn mower engine and then wonder why it blows up on the bayou after 26 hours of use. 
#3 The guy/chick who is overly proud of being from Texas. I'm from here and find it annoying. Yeah it's a cool place to live and I like it, but for fucks sake it isn't the end all be all. Drop it already. 
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 3:02:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Can we add PC gamers?
View Quote

PC master race! Suck it up peasant. 
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 3:02:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Yeti and BMW owners
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 3:09:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:Fender guitars/Marshall Amp owners
View Quote

Gibson is 10x better than Fender is.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 3:21:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Smartphone users in general tend to be huge brand snobs.  The Android vs iOS (or Samsung vs Apple if you want to go with brands) threads on here always end up looking like a bunch of religious zealots defending their god.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 3:25:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
BMW owners.
View Quote

Yeah this.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 3:43:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Damn, y'all are falling down

NASCAR.

With their Yeti Coolers and Tumblers.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 4:09:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Harley Davidson

I own one, but it's not as serious as some owners make it out to be.
View Quote

I don't think any one brand can top Harley Davidson for snobbery. A lot (not all, but almost) of the HD dudes I've known are straight up cultish. They wear a bunch of HD branded stuff, and they put HD logos all over the place.

And the way they look at almost any other brand of bike? LOL.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 4:19:23 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Tumblers. All of them. Yeti, Ozark, RTIC.
View Quote

Can you really be a snob over a $10 cup?  I get the Yeti part, but Ozark?  
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 4:20:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Musicians are some of the biggest gear snobs you can imagine. From guitars to amps to pedals, rack equipment to the type of cable and type of plugs, even the brand of capacitors in the equipment. SNOBS.
View Quote

There's some truth to this, but some of it comes down to taste, what you're comfortable with, and experience.

I've always been pretty much useless on guitar, but the one guitar I own is a cheap Fender Strat I picked up at a pawn shop. Why a Strat? Maybe I listened to too much Gilmour growing up, but I love the way the damn things sound.

The majority of my time spent playing bass has been with Ibanez. Why? The necks are really damn comfortable for me. I used to daydream about getting a Music Man Stingray5, but when I had a college roommate that had two, I discovered I never quite got comfortable with them. The other brand that seems to fit me well is Peavey, and there's not as much selection there.

And even though I don't drink the Monster koolaid, I've bought a couple of their cables because they were the cheapest option with an in-store replacement policy at the time.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 4:39:42 AM EDT
[#19]
Harley Fuckin Davidson
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 4:55:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Brand-loyalty ladies will kill over these brands:

Louis Vuitton
Louboutin
Tiffany's
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 5:01:39 AM EDT
[#21]
Rolex owners
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 5:17:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Ar 15 rifles.

Eta:  Working dogs.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 5:18:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
So really anyone who likes anything then. Got it haha. 
View Quote

Right? This is the stop liking what I don't like safe space.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 5:20:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Wine drinkers.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 5:26:12 AM EDT
[#25]
See the funny thing about PC is it is superior. The mouse is a way better input device over joysticks. I am not shitting on consoles, its just the facts. Imagine playing CS with a controller...
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 5:35:46 AM EDT
[#26]
BMW motorcyclists.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 5:43:51 AM EDT
[#27]
Girls that like Coach brand clothing, boots, etc.

UGG boots. My god...

OAKLEYS, especially the $100+ sunglasses.

Under Armor to a lesser degree.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 5:45:58 AM EDT
[#28]
My last list I named some girl stuff...

But the girls seem much less snobby (at least to people that don't like the same).

They don't seem to feel personally attacked near as much.

Fucking devotionless fags. God I hope that's CoC compliant...
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 5:46:39 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
BMW owners.
View Quote

And Harley owners.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 6:13:56 AM EDT
[#30]
Football fans.  You don't know how fucking sick and tired I am of hearing about football 10 months out of the year  Working in a warehouse with the lower educated younger generation makes it worse....

Harley Davidson owners

Snap-On snobs

Yeti owners (and anyone who uses a 'tumbler')

Chevy owners....far worse than Ford/Mopar owners

Jeep owners

Android & Apple phone snobs

Ruger 10/22 owners

Krispy Kreme  lovers

Link Posted: 12/3/2016 6:24:14 AM EDT
[#31]
Taylor Made golf equipment.
Everyone has the woods. But there is a reason.  They make the best woods period.
I've veered away from their driver for almost every other brand at one time or another. Nothing feels or hammers the way their driver does.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 6:36:34 AM EDT
[#32]
I like to work on my Stihl with my Snap-on tools

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 6:39:01 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Football fans.  You don't know how fucking sick and tired I am of hearing about football 10 months out of the year  Working in a warehouse with the lower educated younger generation makes it worse....

Harley Davidson owners

Snap-On snobs

Jeep owners

Ruger 10/22 owners

Krispy Kreme  lovers
View Quote

A couple of weeks back, I actually went to Krispy Kreme for donuts and then went to Dunkin for coffee. 
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 6:40:36 AM EDT
[#34]
Liberals.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 6:51:07 AM EDT
[#35]
Warn winches
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 6:57:27 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Cyclists.

Whatever brand that they ride. Frame, wheels, gruppo. you name it.
View Quote

Beat me to it.

Cyclists are the biggest gear snobs on the planet.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 7:12:45 AM EDT
[#37]
Corvette owners.  They won't even talk to other corvette owners unless they have a brand new corvette just like their own brand new corvette.  

I don't get along with them in general.  I don't park in their little clique at the cars and coffee.  I try to be open to everything like that miata I saw with an LS6 under the hood.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 7:24:11 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
To me,  leading the pack,  way out in front are the Snap-On people....
View Quote

OPNI
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 8:04:18 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

A couple of weeks back, I actually went to Krispy Kreme for donuts and then went to Dunkin for coffee. 
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Harley Davidson owners

Snap-On snobs

Jeep owners

Ruger 10/22 owners

Krispy Kreme  lovers

I guess I see it more around here since they just built the only KK in town early this year.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 8:12:27 AM EDT
[#40]
DSLR Camera Owners.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 8:14:51 AM EDT
[#41]
Apple fans.  I live my apple products but I absolutely hate going into one of their stores.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 8:39:41 AM EDT
[#42]
Jeremy Clarkson once famously quipped, "M3 drivers have no friends."

He did the review in costume. HUGE watch, high dollar sunglasses, driving gloves... it's epic, largely because it's true.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 10:02:15 AM EDT
[#43]
Some have been listed already:

Arcteryx
Yeti
John Deere
Rolex
Stihl/Husqvarna (pick your poison)
Bourbon/whiskey drinkers
HK owners
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 10:21:16 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
BMW owners.
View Quote

Stop hating.

Link Posted: 12/3/2016 10:25:17 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

That would be Mopar and Studebaker guys.  Chevy and Ford guys are particular but Mopar guys are in the stratosphere! I'm a Chevy nut but I appreciate most Rods that started life off any of the lines.
View Quote

M ostly   Most  
O ld        Often      
P arts     Passed  
A nd       At    
R ust      Racetracks
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 10:26:48 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

BMW driver with an Apple iPhone working on his car in a North Face jacket, using Snap on tools, drinking Starbucks coffee.
View Quote

Close.  BMW driver here, with an Android phone, Apple iPad, Arcteryx jacket, wearing Oakleys, drinking Starbucks.  You just described my morning.  But, no maint on the car, so the Snap On tools stayed in their case.

It isn't that I am a brand snob, it's just that every other auto manufacturer sucks.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 10:29:12 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
BMW owners.
View Quote

Came here to post this. Hands down.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 10:30:20 AM EDT
[#48]
Second response nailed it.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 10:30:56 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
In the circles I'm around and not counting the gun world:

#1 Musicians. It's pretty damn ridiculous sometimes. 
#2 Duck Hunters when it comes to the boats. The war between Pro-Drive owners and Gator Tail owners is epic and has come to blows on levee's at 4 am. Go Devil and Mud Buddy owners get laughed at by both. All others don't exist in their eyes. A lot of the stupid bastards will spend thousands of dollars to gain 2-3 MPH. Some even go so far as to start talking in TENTHS of MPH when talking about the speed of their boats. The best part, they're all slow as fuck. On a good day in good conditions mine will hit 30 mph stock. Those idiots spend all that money and get up to 33-35 mph. They stress the shit out of what amounts to a lawn mower engine and then wonder why it blows up on the bayou after 26 hours of use. 
#3 The guy/chick who is overly proud of being from Texas. I'm from here and find it annoying. Yeah it's a cool place to live and I like it, but for fucks sake it isn't the end all be all. Drop it already. 
View Quote

Lol, seen this more than once.  My response?  Crack open another beer and enjoy the show.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 10:31:41 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Musicians are some of the biggest gear snobs you can imagine. From guitars to amps to pedals, rack equipment to the type of cable and type of plugs, even the brand of capacitors in the equipment. SNOBS.
View Quote

Mostly amateur musicians.  Working pros generally have good and valid reasons for their likes.  Same way a professional in any field has preferences.  

Martin guitar snobs are my favorite.  Nothing else will do for them and the people they're playing with.  It's always fun when one of them asks about the origins of my guitar.  I always just laugh and say "Made in China."   Then they turn and look at their own gear with a certain sense of disappointment.  It's ok though.  The 40 Series Martin's are still some of the finest acoustic flat picking guitars made.  

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top